Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS's First Major Begins Friday 2:00 PM ET

1484950515254»

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    USA avoids being knocked out in groups, which would have been hilarious.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    How are they this fucking bad at this? (For anyone not watching, they just cut off the end of Korea/Canada so they could show the Blizzcon opening ceremony, and apparently aren't streaming the match anywhere at all).

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Apparently even the people there in person can't watch the match.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    How are they this fucking bad at this? (For anyone not watching, they just cut off the end of Korea/Canada so they could show the Blizzcon opening ceremony, and apparently aren't streaming the match anywhere at all).

You underestimate Blizzard's ability to do the dumbest thing possible

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I'm looking forward to ending all of my overwatch posts by mentioning that time Mauga threw the entire red team through the cage in hell in a cell

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Toronto Defiant, the team that previously said they would do everything they could to keep OWL going, became the first team to announce that they're leaving the league.

Furthermore, a league spokesperson confirmed a transition to a new model of competitive Overwatch. https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/blizzard-confirms-it-is-transitioning-from-owl/

It's officially Joever

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    not surprising but still sad to see

OWL had some incredible moments but man it could have been so much more

• Options
    I don't think the homestand system would have worked out, though. That much travel would have killed someone eventually.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I miss all the teams being in one place in the first two seasons. It also probably wasn't sustainable, but it was great seeing teams playing on LAN every week.

• Options
    Season 8 is live. You can play as big boi now

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    TOO MANY GAAAAAAMES

I've barely been playing overwatch lately, not cuz I'm sick of the game or anything just because goddamn I don't even have enough time to keep up with the new games coming out this year.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I play on my weekend but I really am not going to play because of the new character
    I have to heal or tank a lot rarely do I get to play DPS so I am not looking forward to healing him and getting the blame again

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh heck Mauga is live now? Time to disappoint my team in new and interesting ways.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    I am sure there is an optimal way to balance Mauga’s primary and secondary fire but brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Options
    The way I see it, you're only optimizing at medium range or so and the only time you're at that range is when you're poking trying to build ult charge. So if you can optimize you can get your absurdly strong ult faster.

But when it's time to go, just BRRRRRRRT

Also, if you're playing Ana, nano your Mauga every single time. Just do it

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    I think people are sleeping on Mauga's right click, that's where most of his damage actually comes from. So if you're double gunning someone but they get out of your effective range, switch to the right click to keep up the pressure since they're already on fire.

Also if you let go of the assumption that you need to get real close for double gunning, you open up lots of options to charge into off-angle positions or high ground to apply different types of pressure. He's got Cassidy level precision and can always charge back into the front line any time he wants.

Zek on
  • Options
    I'd have to be able to control the charge, though.

• Options
    So, who wants to get rolled in a FACEIT tournament one weekend?

• Options
    Its not the same as OWL, but watching Custa's Overwashed streamer team is good times.

• Options
    I've been following the Korean scene and Toronto Defiant mainly. The formats are very confusing.

There's been some really good games but a looooooot of 3-0s. More than in most OWL seasons I think.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hello Overwatch thread!

First of all, here is a neat highlight

https://youtu.be/XpoAU40huNA

Second, this weekend is the first major tournament of the season: Dreamhack Dallas!

It starts tomorrow afternoon (Youtube stream goes live at 1:45EDT, so probably 2pm broadcast).

Half of the first round matchups are not broadcast so you'll have to watch a costream for those (Toronto Defiant vs. Twisted Minds and Students of the Game vs. Spacestation Gaming)

• Options
    Now it is finally Toronto's time to shine

• Options
    Honestly, despite them losing a single match in NA, Crazy Raccoon is going to cook them. Lip is in MVP form on a totally stacked roster with insane chemistry.

• Options
    Oh Toronto is absolutely going to get rolled but will be closer to a title than they ever were in OWL.

• Options
    But ironically, their core played for Florida Mayhem last year, who did win a title

• Options
    Games are going live now.

There are actually two streams so no need to watch costreams if you don't want to. On Twitch, ow_esports and ow_esports2

• Options
    Also Students of the Game confirm the rumors of their acquisition and ripped off their jerseys to reveal NRG Shock jerseys underneath

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    apparently bad weather has turbo-fucked the internet in Dallas so they can't actually play any games, so we've been in "fill time" mode since minute one

watching along with Emongg so it's been entertaining at least

• Options
    According to Christfer via CommanderX's stream, the ping is spiking to like 300ms despite being on LAN.

Oh also the admin set the lobby for April Fools mode and couldn't switch it back so they had to reset the lobby.

• Options
    Oh shit there's a timer now

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm watching Flats' stream and apparently the broadcast team is having a bit of a day.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    C

• Options
    That was amazing.

• Options
    Surely Rakattack doesn't immediately get knocked out of the first majors in OWCS

• Options
    OWCS Dallas Day 1 final result
    my poor son

• Options
    Poor Jaws and his fear of birds

• Options
    Roadhog!

• Options
    Dreamhack Dallas spoilers
    That was a good lower bracket run.