As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS Stage 1 Qualifiers in March

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    So many players are now exploring their options (literally all of Boston, most of Dallas, most of Atlanta, etc, etc), it's best to just assume everyone's on the market. I love the off-season almost as much as the actual season.

Edit: I hope Doha finds a team where he'll be a starter.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    All of the 2 year contracts are expiring so we're gonna see some big shakeups this year.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    In the most recent Plat Chat, Reinforce seemed to be strongly hinting at Toronto picking up the former American Tornado members. As a Canadian who must cheer for a Canadian team, the possibility has me pretty excited.

• Options
    We have our first roster addition of this offseason. Atlanta Reign has signed Stalk3r.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The game's giving away a couple of highlight-intros for free if you log in. Now for Junker Queen and Kiriko starting on the 27th.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    We have our first roster addition of this offseason. Atlanta Reign has signed Stalk3r.

A trade in fact, since free agency has not opened yet and Stalk3r was under contract. No word on what Atlanta gave up. Possibly just cash.

edit: Also Gator is Atlanta's head coach for next season.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

A trade in fact, since free agency has not opened yet and Stalk3r was under contract. No word on what Atlanta gave up. Possibly just cash.

It at least suggests that Atlanta's willing to spend. Also, it sounds like Stalk3r's making more money now than last season (according to Seoul's GM).

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

It at least suggests that Atlanta's willing to spend. Also, it sounds like Stalk3r's making more money now than last season (according to Seoul's GM).

Yeah I think Kai was saying they definitely weren't going budget.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    And now Atlanta have signed Lip. Stalk3r and Lip is a hell of a DPS duo and they still have Vigilante and Hawk. Atlanta's going hard.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    APAC is about to be tier 3 quality. Maybe Hangzhou nabs Leave and some more leftovers and melts everyone else, then gets melted by ATL/SFS/LAG/DAL.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah even with top talent, you just can't reliably increase/maintain skill playing the same 6 teams over and over all season long. Really wish there was a good fix other than just asking all the Korean players to live in the US for a significant portion of each year.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    https://youtu.be/NtulVJJlhH8

introducing Doomfist's new pal, Doomfists

e: ability list/blog post is out too, here's emongg going over it in detail
    https://youtu.be/6Y0WBfWT6Bc

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm sure he'll be wacky over-tuned to start with, but he definitely looks fun

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I appreciate how swole Ramattra's punches are visually the same as Zen's.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Some limited gameplay videos are coming out of Ramattra now.

So far the verdict seems to be that Ramattra's actually pretty underpowered right now. He does a little bit of everything, so he just gets beat up close up by the brawlers and outspammed by guys like Sigma, and his lack of mobility means he rarely gets to be the one to decide where fights take place.

OTOH his voice lines and general style are hot fire, he's super cool. But he's gonna need some buffs before he's competitive, at least at higher levels.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    update for season 2:

Hey all! Quick update on some changes coming to Season 2. After reviewing data for Season 1, we're moving Ramattra in to Tier 45 of the Battle Pass and making a few more weekly challenges easier to complete. Excited for you all to see everything new in Season 2 starting tomorrow!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I think 45 is still too high, but at least it's getting better.

• Options
    Season 2 is live!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So far Ramattra seems to be the inverse of Orisa, in that everything except his ult sucks.

And even that is fairly easily dealt with currently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How dare you impugn the majesty that is Terra Surge!!!

https://youtu.be/w7dtQxVEHgo

• Options
    Okay so actually apparently Ramattra is pretty decent as long you don't play him like blizzard suggested? My friend was playing him last night and just sticking in small form using the staff and only using the cooldowns for defense and it turns out he's super hard to kill if you do that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Okay so actually apparently Ramattra is pretty decent as long you don't play him like blizzard suggested? My friend was playing him last night and just sticking in small form using the staff and only using the cooldowns for defense and it turns out he's super hard to kill if you do that.

Yes, his primary fire is very good, it does abnormally high damage at long range because it has no falloff. His shield is adequate. His E sucks real bad. Nemesis mode is very useful, but I don't use it aggressively unless we're just cleaning up stragglers, there's no reason to force a melee engagement. He's kind of like an undiveable Sigma.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    ROSTER MADNESS

BOSTON UPRISING

STRIKER PART 3 (I'm pretty sure I predicted this after Shock picked him up this past season)

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Um holy shit.

I know it's a super cliche thing to say, but initial reaction is they're either gonna be shit-hot or just shit. That roster has "boom or bust" written all over it. (Obviously none of those players are actually shit, but the potential for collapse is always there when you build this kind of superstar roster.)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Some other signings:

Fearless to Outlaws
    Punk and Faith to Vancouver
    Lastro to Glads
    Possibly Adam to Washington? They made a weird tweet...

• Options
    So, Philly is no longer Philly. They've rebranded to the Seoul Infernal. I think the move makes sense since they've been there for the last two years anyway, but it sucks for the fans.

• Options
    hoping we get an infernal/eternal matchup at some point next season

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05J6DkKxfhM

watching zbra highlights is dangerous because then I wanna play Doom, and then I just die over and over

• Options
    I wish I could claim this was intentional.
    https://youtu.be/P4ltAtzXEnk

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FROM DOWNTOWN

• Options
    edited January 2023
    RIP Hog 10/04/22-01/25/223

Baidol on
  • Options
    Time travel is Tracer's thing, not Hog's.

• Options
    Awwww, rubbish

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    S3 starts next week, I think these are the things that are confirmed:

- New map
    - Roles matched against each other in MMR (e.g. fewer tank diffs)
    - BP now has 1500 + 500 OW1 credits in it
    - Balance changes
    - Return of the Workshop. Unclear whether it's improved over OW1.

Who's still playing? I'm looking forward to the matchmaker change in particular. I think tank diffs are a major contributing factor to the game's stompiness.

https://youtu.be/0co2hTMOLDQ

Zek on
  • Options
    I haven't really played much competitive but if the matchmaking changes are good then it could pull me back. I mostly just play QP.

I'm pretty sure I played against (and with) actual pro support Lukemino a few times last night. I won a tank matchup (my JQ vs his Ram) on Dorado defense and then we steamrolled on Esperanca with him going like 25-0 on Ram. Then he beat the shit out of us on Symmetra and Widow on Lijiang. I wasn't sure it was actually him until that last match where someone on our team asked and they confirmed and I watched his Widow potg where he hit a ridiculous close range flick on a Tracer, short grappled around a corner to mid air headshot a Junkrat who had just popped tire, 180ed to destroy the tire that had come back around to get him, then hit another ridiculous flick on a Mercy.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    i fell off hard halfway through this season, partly because i had no time to play and partly because i had no desire either, with the way the state of the game was goin

guess i'll hop back on to grind some battlepass levels, i still want that second ramattra legendary

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Balance-wise, outside of a few specific heroes, is really quite good. The only tank that is really worthless is Ball and the only one that is overwhelming is Orisa. The hog nerfs were good and hopefully the rework will keep him in a good place. Maybe Rein is a bit weak.

Sombra sucks but was oppressive before the nerfs. She probably just needs another rework. Sojourn is still very good but not as dominant in the neutral. Mercy adjustments/rework would help DPS balance more than anything.

Zen needs a little help and Kiriko is still really good so not much changed there.

The new maps are also generally good. One spot on Shambali is tough but has several routes that people just don't use. Esperanca is a beacon of how good Push can be.

And they're ditching map pools starting in S4, thank God.

• Options
    A few moments from last night plus one from a few weeks ago that I never put up. Also, the Eichenwald time was a blistering 3:15.

https://youtu.be/x8t1ZMbPSXY

• Options
    ok that pharah sleep was hilarious, i didn't see that in-match

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KarQ posted an overview of the incoming balance changes for season 3 and they sound pretty excellent overall.

https://youtu.be/TF1NvCwTZqo

BALL BUFFS YES BABY