As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallopolis - September - Heroes Win!

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    "What abilities does R.O.B.B.O.T. have?"
    "What abilities does Gabriel Gates have?"
    "What abilities does Leech have?"

These seem to be the good questions. I don't know if Venus is alive or not, but I'm betting on not.

I'm betting Venus is alive.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    "What abilities does R.O.B.B.O.T. have?"
    "What abilities does Gabriel Gates have?"
    "What abilities does Leech have?"

These seem to be the good questions. I don't know if Venus is alive or not, but I'm betting on not.

She's not on the list of missing on the front page, so it seems fairly obvious she has been resurrected.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Venus is alive. Check the first page. It's been updated.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "What does R.O.B.B.O.T.'s role PM say?" might make more sense.

It could give us more information.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

Wow, when did that happen?

Last Son on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

So one of the people who came back to life is Venus.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

Yeah, I missed that one.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

Hmmm he did not update in awhile right? So it can be from a night or two ago. Who so far has been revived from the dead?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looks like we are going to have to beat some people back into their graves.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh, really? I missed that. So Gnasty, Last Son, or Rygar is Venus. Brr.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    June-
    The year had been bad for the henchmen of Phallopolis. It wasn’t even just the wanton destruction and carnage that was wrought on them by the heroes and Legion, that was all part of the job. No, the toll on villains had made them jumpy, paranoid. Gus, Punchline’s henchmen was still sitting in a rented townhouse somewhere in the Greenefeld district lugging crates full of gold up and down the stairs for some unknown reason. No one felt impelled to tell him that his boss was dead. Before his demise Professor Death Science! had sent his entire lab staff to Borneo to isolate some rare fungal disease, a trip which got them all infected with that exact disease, a fatal one of course. As the summer heated up the henchmen decided enough was enough. They held a strike/parade.

The citizens of Phallopolis lined 1st Street to watch the menagerie of henchmen wander by. There were the simple white and black striped shirt henchmen, and there were the more elaborate getups: Plant themes, clown themes, ice themes, rock themes, every kind of henchman imaginable. A special float was dedicated to G. Gordon Liddy, the first henchman to get a job as a political commentator. Of course, along with the parade, there was the inevitable backlash from the villains, and the protective efforts of the heroes. Intrepid reporter BuzzBuzz was seen briefly covering the strike from the roof of a nearby building, then seen covering the crowd as he splattered on the pavement. Though it was day time and in a well lit and populated area, someone was able to sneak up on Telcus smash him to bits. Bullets discovered in the corpse show that someone else had approached him and shot him a few times just to be sure. Interestingly, the just freed Plutonium was the first to notice the flag draped body of Senior Fish positioned as it was at the steps of the Phallopolis superior court building. Across the street, poor Inquisitor was unable to view the parade. The boxx that held him in front of the police headquarters faced in the wrong direction. Just as the strike parade reached the center of town, the crowd was treated to a spectacle, as Jdarksun blasted over the city in a small jetpack laughing smugly. They were soon distracted though, as strong winds buffeted them and the familiar whining sound of the Bolt’s running filled the air. They began to cheer just as Legion appeared.

”We must apologize for our outburst from our last appearance. We have not dealt before with such devious creatures. It will not happen again. We see you have already eliminated our link to your city. Continued attempts to avoid the cleansing that we offer your city. We will nevertheless continue on, and we are prepared for your lies this time. We will – one moment.” Legion flew over to Celebrim who was attempting to rape the horse pulling the D.O.O.M. henchmen’s float. In a second he was impaled and flaming on the nearest light post, his pants still around his ankles.

Grundlterror stepped out of the crowd. “We choose that weirdo Gleve to die!” “What’d I do?! Oh god, I just got to this town! I don’t understand what’d going on!” Gleve shouted, trying to defend himself.
    ”Hmm, we have dealt with your kind’s deception for too long now. We believe that perhaps this one is a trap, another attempt to deny our judgment. No, we will instead destroy the one who has earned the true ire of some of you.” Legion glanced at a window nearby and it disappeared in a burst. Inside a man, MrBlarney was crouched over a large placard, writing furiously. At the explosion he looked up. “Oh no! You can’t take me now, I have to finish this report! Nooooooooooooo.” His cries faded into the night as his body created a smaller and smaller blot on the full moon. ”In retrospect, we wonder if we should have acted so hastily. It must be considered.”

Just as the cries of dismay faded, new ones could be heard from the people nearest the cemetery. The body of Hylianbody stood shedding dirt and worms before the gathered masses. He spoke with a new voice, and the body itself seemed larger and stronger. “Behold, the weakness of this body has been purged. Now there stands only TehSpectre! Gaze upon our might!” He then proceeded to flash the assembled citizens.

Killed
    MrBlarney – Killed by Legion
    Telcus – Killed by RAGE
    Senior Fish – Killed by Timer
    BuzzBuzz – Killed by ManMountain
    Celebrim – Killed by the Editor
    Inquisitor – Boxxed up!

Missing from Phallopolis
    5 Phallopolis citizens
    ManMountain

Plutonium has been freed from prison.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah Free!

Innocent!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Nice, just three villains left.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ouch, not a good day to be a citizen.

tofu on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Edited out cuz im ded

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So uh, about R.O.B.B.O.T. being able to manipulate the vote...

Last Son on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why do we keep not killing the people we intend to kill?

Locus on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Why do we keep not killing the people we intend to kill?

This is an excellent question. I'm tired of not being able to kill who we vote for!

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oooooOOOOOOooooooo

Well, it was inevitable.

Also, editor, didn't you miss one? Wasn't Abraham F. Hawk supposed to die tonight due to inactivity and lack of replacements?

Win this one guys. You're doing just fine.

oooooooOOOOOOooooooooooo

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It seems that whoever Gleve is has the same ability that Professor Death Science had. I don't think that could be done with vote manipulation.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It seems that whoever Gleve is has the same ability that Professor Death Science had. I don't think that could be done with vote manipulation.

So... I !vote Gleve?

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So, whats the question? ROBBOT or Killing Gleve?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    oooooOOOOOOooooooo

Well, it was inevitable.

Also, editor, didn't you miss one? Wasn't Abraham F. Hawk supposed to die tonight due to inactivity and lack of replacements?

Win this one guys. You're doing just fine.

oooooooOOOOOOooooooooooo
    Abraham F. Hawk was killed already. Also, so you guys don't read anything into it: TehSpectre wanted me to give him a good entrance, so I did. It has nothing to do with his role.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So, whats the question? ROBBOT or Killing Gleve?

I have a feeling they'll be about the same, so ask about R.O.B.B.O.T.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    What if Gleve is simply immune to the vote?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I really don't think killing Gleve is going to be different from Death Science, so lets go with ROBBOT. Any last minute objections?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nooooo! My manuscript will never be finished....

Current Spreadsheet (as of post 1499, start of Month 6)

That's it for me this game, I suppose. You know what to do!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm with AcidSerra, Gleve probably IS R.O.B.B.O.T.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Can we as what R.O.B.B.O.T. stands for?

tofu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Fair enough.

Editor, what are R.O.B.B.O.T.'s special abilities and conditions?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I just did the math out. I hope I did it right. There are less of us citizens than there are heroes, now.

20 alive altogether
    3 villains (7-4)
    8 heroes (11-3)
    3 (leech and gabriel and venus)
    6 citizens

Wow.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I just did the math out. I hope I did it right. There are less of us citizens than there are heroes, now.

20 alive altogether
    3 villains (7-4)
    8 heroes (11-3)
    3 (leech and gabriel and venus)
    6 citizens

Wow.
    If this is the case, shouldn't our cabal of heroes be getting pretty close to knowing the identities of everyone?

Edit: Especially since Venus can only be one of two people.

Locus on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm one of the citizens, and was let free because I'm innocent. You might want to elect me to legion speaker.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    GleveGleve Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vote Count (makes me nervous to write this, you all start looknig at me when I type anything...)

Gleve 1

See? even legion could see that I'm innocent!

Gleve on
    telcus wrote: »
    !vote for Gleve that was funny that you bandwaggoned yourself mate :)
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    R.O.B.B.O.T. is an artificial intelligence designed by D.O.O.M. It investigates one player per turn to learn that player's role. A seer in other words.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    That's it?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I figured as much. From the narration it seems like it's the same effect as prof death science.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Uhhh, so what the heck is Gleve?

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Can you still tell us what it stands for?

tofu on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, Robbot being a seer only means that Gleve was saved by the Venus/Gabriel/Leech trio, now that can go a couple ways, their neutral to the civvies so they could ahve been saving a civilian, or they coul dhave been saving one of their own. Either way I'm not too sure I care, we still have 3 villians to go for and their the ones that want to kill off civvies.

The remaining Bad Guys are Timer, Rage, and ROBBOT, we now know that robbot is a seer so getting rid of him should be a fairly high priority, Rage and Timer are pretty well tied for the moment, since their responsible for kills. I wouldn't put it past either one to have a protection alla Death Science! so I'm not gonna leave Gleve off the hook entirely.

I would like Venus to leave our vote alone though (if that is in fact her power), or tell JD to tell us that the neutrals seered him innocent. It's kinda depressing when your only tool for effecting the outcome of the game is taken away from you... >.>

AcidSerra on