Options

Eurostraliavision 2021 - nul points

12346»

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Italian man got his nips out and was rewarded for it

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Italy said they only stand for sex and rock and roll and not drugs and that their band member was looking at a piece of broken glass on the floor at that moment, not doing a line of coke

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I liked Iceland's song, but the nerdy affectation was kind of annoying.

The keytar circle owned though.

I'm not sure how much of it is affectation. Since the band was created in 2017 they've always performed in some sort of teal sweater/overall/jacket with their pixelated faces on them. Also, the band is basically the singer, his sister (the backup vocalist that doesn't have blue hair) and their high school friends.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Italy said they only stand for sex and rock and roll and not drugs and that their band member was looking at a piece of broken glass on the floor at that moment, not doing a line of coke

I mean, that's what he says

They're going to give him a drug test when he gets back home to make sure

But I have a feeling if they find he was fully coked out the test will still come out clean to avoid national embarrassment

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I liked Iceland's song, but the nerdy affectation was kind of annoying.

The keytar circle owned though.

I'm not sure how much of it is affectation. Since the band was created in 2017 they've always performed in some sort of teal sweater/overall/jacket with their pixelated faces on them. Also, the band is basically the singer, his sister (the backup vocalist that doesn't have blue hair) and their high school friends.

And his wife! The short curly-haired person. I watched a tiny documentary about the band and how they decided to go for Eurovision, and it was very cute. I think they're just actually dorks.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My favorite part of this year's Eurovision was this joke becoming solidified.

Eurovision-Uk-Zero-Points.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Poland: what you think the 80s were like

Denmark: what the 80s were actually like

This is exactly how I was trying to describe it while watching it!

I've been interested in Eurovision for a long time, after hearing a joke about it on Red Dwarf like twenty years ago and not understanding it at all. It's just always been a huge pain to actually watch. Still got the winners spoiled for me, but had a good time (slowly) watching all the performances.

Ukraine, Ireland, Greece, Iceland and Finland were my favorites. I needed some way to keep track of all the songs, so I wound up finally trying Spotify, which then began recommending me other Eurovision songs nonstop. Which is why I now know about a very good band called Vanilla Ninja.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GnDJxwBtes

Finally, America is going to show everyone how to do Eurovision correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWHjcJVi7CU

The finals are the day before Eurovision 2022 starts as well.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    american song contest sounds like a placeholder event title

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    You know how in Eurovision some countries always vote for each other and others never do based on politics?

Wonder if that's going to happen in Amerivision as well.

• Options
    american song contest sounds like a placeholder event title

I guess the full version of the name is Eurovision Song Contest so it makes sense? But it's still boring and generic.

I'm surprised it's not all established (but not too expensive) stars, really. And that they bothered to include every state and territory and didn't just split California and New York into five entries each and group like 20+ non-coastal states into one or two entries.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I just don't see how any act is going to defeat Michael Bolton, the unstoppable vocal force that Connecticut is going to unleash.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    My money is on Jewel.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards the Kpop entry so far, but I'll have to check this out tomorrow on Peacock.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Who cares about some dumb American version of Eurovision

All I care about is GIVING THAT WOLF A BANANA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjo8s3fKUM

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    So far two songs have stood out as having somewhat the same feel, for me at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mBQHmcLdvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT2wpKnrBn8

Another one did have a guitar with the giant sparkler on the end, which seems very on brand, but I didn't really enjoy it as much overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPp1i9BmORQ

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    In Eurovision news, the Ukrainian act is taking part and is currently the top favourite

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I tried to make a new thread to which I gave the title "America Eurostraliavision Song Contest 2022" but then my brain shut down

• Options
    The American one has been relatively boring. I should try to catch up, but there's just so much talking to fast forward through and so many unskippable commercials between songs.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    In Eurovision news, the Ukrainian act is taking part and is currently the top favourite

I'm not surprised.

Though if I'm being honest, I thought last year's Ukrainian entry was a lot stronger. But that's because this year's entry has got rapping in it and I just don't like rap.

I was, however, surprised that the entry for the Netherlands this year didn't make me want to cringe. Even though it's sung in Dutch.

• Options
    NBC why would you take down your own videos of the performances? What?

uyvfOQy.png