Options

Do an impression of yourself!

124

Posts

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    bloodborne reference

    simpsons reference

    reference reference

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It's weird how different a rubber band and a brass band are, when you think about it

    Anyway, go read and watch some stuff by/about Natives

  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Personal anecdote that isn't particularly interesting and has only vague relevance to the topic at hand.

    Or a very in-depth explanation about nerd canon that probably involves kaiju.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Anecdote about me being dumb and/or a roleplaying session

    Here's a reason Ars Magica is great

    And now a dumb pun

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Anecdote about me being dumb and/or a roleplaying session

    Here's a reason Ars Magica is great

    And now a dumb pun

    How would you Ars Magica a homunculus that looks like yourself but is only a puppet to your will, and how would it get out of hand and kill you?

  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Matrix Revolutions is the best of the trilogy.

    Edit: Oh sorry this isn't the movie thread

    Cristoval on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I try way to hard to be funny/witty. More-so then I am in real life by far. Also I am insecure and anxious about how others view me and when given a position, no matter that position, I will fight like hell to defend it. Am I the guy you make fun of? I will destroy anyone who tries to step in and stop you. My job is to be the Meg and I will do it with honor and excellence.

  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I like popular thing, sorry

    I'm watching or reading a thing

    Non controversial statement of support for a good thing

    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I just, basically use filler words and empty modifiers, like 'like', basically all the time.
    Edit: also edit my posts multiple times in a row to correct auto correct typos.
    Also begin multiple sentences in a row with also.

    This but also half my posts are about being Swedish

    Flarne on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    I just, basically use filler words and empty modifiers, like 'like', basically all the time.
    Edit: also edit my posts multiple times in a row to correct auto correct typos.
    Also begin multiple sentences in a row with also.

    This but also half my posts are about being Swedish

    you're swedish?!?!?!?!?

  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Flarne wrote: »
    I just, basically use filler words and empty modifiers, like 'like', basically all the time.
    Edit: also edit my posts multiple times in a row to correct auto correct typos.
    Also begin multiple sentences in a row with also.

    This but also half my posts are about being Swedish

    you're swedish?!?!?!?!?

    Take your northern corn pizza and get outta here

  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Anecdote about me being dumb and/or a roleplaying session

    Here's a reason Ars Magica is great

    And now a dumb pun

    How would you Ars Magica a homunculus that looks like yourself but is only a puppet to your will, and how would it get out of hand and kill you?

    Creating a Jewish Kabbalist character (probably as a Companion) and using the golem creation rules in Realms of Power: Divine, then either succumbing to hubris or commanding the golem to do something that would transgress a mitzvah, causing it to go mad and seek vengeance upon its creators

    If I had to use Hermetic magic, first use Creo Corpus to create a human corpse (with a Finesse roll to make it look like me) - base level 20 as it needs to be a ritual for permanent effect. Then once I have the corpse, a level 75 ritual to cast The Shadow of Life Renewed, which brings a semblance of life back. It would get out of hand with the success roll at the end of the second ritual, as a roll of 8 creates a crazy person, and a roll of 2 gets you a body possessed by a supernatual entity, but a roll of 2-7 creates an automaton of varying skill

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Of course, if your mage is from House Verditius, they might be initiated into the Inner Mystery of Automata

    Then it's just a season to create the automaton, spending money and vis, and then at the very least instilling a Creo Imaginem spell of level 20 to create the illusion that it looks like you

    Automata are pretty reliable, but a rival mage might be able to use a high-penetration Rego spell to take over the automaton

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Flarne wrote: »
    I just, basically use filler words and empty modifiers, like 'like', basically all the time.
    Edit: also edit my posts multiple times in a row to correct auto correct typos.
    Also begin multiple sentences in a row with also.

    This but also half my posts are about being Swedish

    you're swedish?!?!?!?!?

    Take your northern corn pizza and get outta here

    i'll do just that! harumph!

  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I just, basically use filler words and empty modifiers, like 'like', basically all the time.
    Edit: also edit my posts multiple times in a row to correct auto correct typos.
    Also begin multiple sentences in a row with also.

    You're supposed to do an impression of yourself, not me!
    Flarne wrote: »
    I just, basically use filler words and empty modifiers, like 'like', basically all the time.
    Edit: also edit my posts multiple times in a row to correct auto correct typos.
    Also begin multiple sentences in a row with also.

    This but also half my posts are about being Swedish

    Also, like, this, but for Germany. Also, I probably use way too much punctuation, because, you know, German.

    honovere on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ah, so this is a thread about idiosyncrasies.

    That reminds me of an anecdote

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ah, so this is a thread about idiosyncrasies:

    That reminds me of: an anecdote

    More Munkus for your Bunkus

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Ah, so this is a thread about idiosyncrasies.

    That reminds me of an anecdote

    Oh, this anecdote reminds me about a story from my job in television, the industry I work in, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it

    Anyway, I submitted this draft. Because I'm a professional writer, you see, don't know if that's come up. And I get these notes back from a producer. They liked the protagonist, they said, but they wanted a few changes.

    They asked if the lead could be born in the Fillmore District of San Francisco, maybe be the only child of Charles Hitchcock Adams and Olive Bray. They asked if he could be named after his uncle. Asked if his mother's family could come from Baltimore, where his maternal grandfather had a successful freight-hauling business but lost his wealth investing in failed mining and real estate ventures in Nevada. Asked if the family could come from New England, having migrated from Northern Ireland during the early 18th century. Asked if his paternal grandfather founded a prosperous lumber business which his father later managed. Asked if, later in life, the lead could condemn the industry his grandfather worked in for cutting down many of the great redwood forests.

    And all that was, like, fine in the abstract? But none of that was in the show I pitched.

    Just feels like further proof that Ansel Culture is getting way out of hand.

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Good God pooro

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pooro…

  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pooro just made the only good post in this thread. But for the sake of society, he must be killed

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Just a heads up, everyone.

    If you see me post it might not be me but someone doing a good impression of me.

    kdnv254zp85m.jpg

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Nice try ChicoTwo but I'm on to you.

  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Ah, so this is a thread about idiosyncrasies.

    That reminds me of an anecdote

    Oh, this anecdote reminds me about a story from my job in television, the industry I work in, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it

    Anyway, I submitted this draft. Because I'm a professional writer, you see, don't know if that's come up. And I get these notes back from a producer. They liked the protagonist, they said, but they wanted a few changes.

    They asked if the lead could be born in the Fillmore District of San Francisco, maybe be the only child of Charles Hitchcock Adams and Olive Bray. They asked if he could be named after his uncle. Asked if his mother's family could come from Baltimore, where his maternal grandfather had a successful freight-hauling business but lost his wealth investing in failed mining and real estate ventures in Nevada. Asked if the family could come from New England, having migrated from Northern Ireland during the early 18th century. Asked if his paternal grandfather founded a prosperous lumber business which his father later managed. Asked if, later in life, the lead could condemn the industry his grandfather worked in for cutting down many of the great redwood forests.

    And all that was, like, fine in the abstract? But none of that was in the show I pitched.

    Just feels like further proof that Ansel Culture is getting way out of hand.

    Look, I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but this, spot on one of the best summaries of a pitch I've ever seen. Just so real, you know? Man I hope it gets picked up.

    No I don't.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Hey, just a heads up, everyone.

    If you see me post it might not be me but someone doing a good impression of me.

    kdnv254zp85m.jpg

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Wait a second...

  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    god that was a long walk

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wait, one of those ChicoBlue boxes is taller than the other…

    Bigger Chico confirmed!

  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    hi, I'm anxious.

  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ah, so this is a thread about idiosyncrasies.

    That reminds me of an anecdote

    Oh, this anecdote reminds me about a story from my job in television, the industry I work in, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it

    Anyway, I submitted this draft. Because I'm a professional writer, you see, don't know if that's come up. And I get these notes back from a producer. They liked the protagonist, they said, but they wanted a few changes.

    They asked if the lead could be born in the Fillmore District of San Francisco, maybe be the only child of Charles Hitchcock Adams and Olive Bray. They asked if he could be named after his uncle. Asked if his mother's family could come from Baltimore, where his maternal grandfather had a successful freight-hauling business but lost his wealth investing in failed mining and real estate ventures in Nevada. Asked if the family could come from New England, having migrated from Northern Ireland during the early 18th century. Asked if his paternal grandfather founded a prosperous lumber business which his father later managed. Asked if, later in life, the lead could condemn the industry his grandfather worked in for cutting down many of the great redwood forests.

    And all that was, like, fine in the abstract? But none of that was in the show I pitched.

    Just feels like further proof that Ansel Culture is getting way out of hand.

    o79p4f1p63qz.gif

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Take a picture, it'll last longer.

  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Ringo wrote: »
    Hi I'm Death of Rats and I take way too much shit personally. I like to complain about my life, hint at deeper issues I have that I'm not quite ready to confront in my life, and then get overly worked up about things that honestly don't matter.

    I've always fashioned myself as an artist, but the truth of the matter is I've never put in the work to be an artist. I'm also pretty good at quoting posts, restating what the other poster said, and not honestly adding anything myself. Almost as if I don't know what the like and awesome buttons are for.

    I like to consider myself intelligent, but once again I never have put in the work to actually nurture any potential that is there. So I can come off as well spoken, but most of my knowledge (on a wide variety of subjects) is fairly just surface. In fact, my whole deal seems to be kinda just "sitting around feeling sorry for myself while also feeling really hyped on where I 'should' be in life and cheated that I'm not there while also never actually putting in the work to get there", which is ok for a while. Because I'm a fairly nice person, and I can be funny. But be around me too long and oh wow you'll get tired of hearing of all these things I'm going to do... you know... someday.
    So it took me 30+ years to realize that having all the potential in the world means nothing if you don't have the circumstances to manifest it. It's not easy for me to accept it, but my life was absolutely never going to play out how I thought it should or wished it could almost entirely due to circumstances beyond my control. And when I do accept that, which is a daily effort, it means I can lay off beating myself up for not being what I wanted and devote some of that energy to being who I am

    So sure, maybe you're right and you didn't or haven't put in the work to realize your potential. But maybe also there have been roadblocks and obstacles that instead meant you did what you could with what you had. It's not nice and it's not fair, but being down on yourself for who you are isn't going to make that hurt less. Use that energy for something else. Even if it's 'only' to feel a bit more comfortable in your own skin

    @Ringo

    I just wanted to say that this really helped me face my day today. This might be slightly unrelated, but it got me thinking about something.

    I'm 36. I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I grew up with MTV and Nicktoons. And while I won't overgeneralize to say this was everyone's experience, but at least for my group of friends we were all sarcastic, cynical, ironic, and didn't tend to really be open with one another about our feelings.

    And yes, as we all grew older most of us did realize that being ironic (and using ironically toxic humor) all the time wasn't worth it. And for the most part we've all grown apart. That's typically what people end up focusing on, how much they've improved and all that or how their toxic group of friends for life really wasn't for life.

    But what I find more fascinating is how often I'm compelled to do something I find kinda strange to the people in my life. Especially to my coworkers. Every now and then, whenever I see someone I work with who constantly is a pleasure to be around, I'll pull them aside, and say that I felt I needed to tell them how much their kindness, their positivity, and their level headed nature really is a pleasure to be around. And that I appreciate them as a coworker. Not exactly phrased like that. But I feel compelled to every once in a while reach out to someone who makes my life a little better and let them know in a real human moment that, whether or not it's effortless and just their nature or something they try at every day, that the way they are means a lot to people.

    About 3 years ago another Supervisor who I wasn't really all that fond of came up to me and did that for me. She took me aside, and told me that she felt she needed to say that I was one of the most respectful and pleasant people to work around. She's a very demanding supervisor, in her 50s, and I constantly felt up to that point that I was butting heads with her plans for her team and the back room. My stuff in their way, theirs in mine. I was actually fairly sure that the woman actively disliked me up until that point. I did all I could to not start crying when she said all that to me. It didn't work. I didn't even realize that was my demeanor. I always felt like I was grumpy, or just a ball of emotions. But nope, apparently i only show that when I'm really anxious.

    After spending most of my life acting like sincerity is a social taboo, after my mother died I just can't anymore. It's bad for me. It's bad for them. It's bad for everyone. I get giving people shit, I get not always being in a good or great mood around others, but the last thing I ever want to do with anyone is be insincere. I hope being a 36 year old 6'3" guy instead of a woman in her 50s who's about 5'2" doesn't make that level of random sincerity come off as odd or creepy to coworkers. I hope by letting people know that I notice them that they feel like I did, realizing that I didn't have to be anxious. That people at work didn't dislike me. That if they noticed me at all it was probably in a positive light.

    Your post made me feel the same way as I did the day Crystal talked to me. It helped a lot. Thanks.

    Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Hi I'm Death of Rats and I take way too much shit personally. I like to complain about my life, hint at deeper issues I have that I'm not quite ready to confront in my life, and then get overly worked up about things that honestly don't matter.

    I've always fashioned myself as an artist, but the truth of the matter is I've never put in the work to be an artist. I'm also pretty good at quoting posts, restating what the other poster said, and not honestly adding anything myself. Almost as if I don't know what the like and awesome buttons are for.

    I like to consider myself intelligent, but once again I never have put in the work to actually nurture any potential that is there. So I can come off as well spoken, but most of my knowledge (on a wide variety of subjects) is fairly just surface. In fact, my whole deal seems to be kinda just "sitting around feeling sorry for myself while also feeling really hyped on where I 'should' be in life and cheated that I'm not there while also never actually putting in the work to get there", which is ok for a while. Because I'm a fairly nice person, and I can be funny. But be around me too long and oh wow you'll get tired of hearing of all these things I'm going to do... you know... someday.
    So it took me 30+ years to realize that having all the potential in the world means nothing if you don't have the circumstances to manifest it. It's not easy for me to accept it, but my life was absolutely never going to play out how I thought it should or wished it could almost entirely due to circumstances beyond my control. And when I do accept that, which is a daily effort, it means I can lay off beating myself up for not being what I wanted and devote some of that energy to being who I am

    So sure, maybe you're right and you didn't or haven't put in the work to realize your potential. But maybe also there have been roadblocks and obstacles that instead meant you did what you could with what you had. It's not nice and it's not fair, but being down on yourself for who you are isn't going to make that hurt less. Use that energy for something else. Even if it's 'only' to feel a bit more comfortable in your own skin

    @Ringo

    I just wanted to say that this really helped me face my day today. This might be slightly unrelated, but it got me thinking about something.

    I'm 36. I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I grew up with MTV and Nicktoons. And while I won't overgeneralize to say this was everyone's experience, but at least for my group of friends we were all sarcastic, cynical, ironic, and didn't tend to really be open with one another about our feelings.

    And yes, as we all grew older most of us did realize that being ironic (and using ironically toxic humor) all the time wasn't worth it. And for the most part we've all grown apart. That's typically what people end up focusing on, how much they've improved and all that or how their toxic group of friends for life really wasn't for life.

    But what I find more fascinating is how often I'm compelled to do something I find kinda strange to the people in my life. Especially to my coworkers. Every now and then, whenever I see someone I work with who constantly is a pleasure to be around, I'll pull them aside, and say that I felt I needed to tell them how much their kindness, their positivity, and their level headed nature really is a pleasure to be around. And that I appreciate them as a coworker. Not exactly phrased like that. But I feel compelled to every once in a while reach out to someone who makes my life a little better and let them know in a real human moment that, whether or not it's effortless and just their nature or something they try at every day, that the way they are means a lot to people.

    About 3 years ago another Supervisor who I wasn't really all that fond of came up to me and did that for me. She took me aside, and told me that she felt she needed to say that I was one of the most respectful and pleasant people to work around. She's a very demanding supervisor, in her 50s, and I constantly felt up to that point that I was butting heads with her plans for her team and the back room. My stuff in their way, theirs in mine. I was actually fairly sure that the woman actively disliked me up until that point. I did all I could to not start crying when she said all that to me. It didn't work. I didn't even realize that was my demeanor. I always felt like I was grumpy, or just a ball of emotions. But nope, apparently i only show that when I'm really anxious.

    After spending most of my life acting like sincerity is a social taboo, after my mother died I just can't anymore. It's bad for me. It's bad for them. It's bad for everyone. I get giving people shit, I get not always being in a good or great mood around others, but the last thing I ever want to do with anyone is be insincere. I hope being a 36 year old 6'3" guy instead of a woman in her 50s who's about 5'2" doesn't make that level of random sincerity come off as odd or creepy to coworkers. I hope by letting people know that I notice them that they feel like I did, realizing that I didn't have to be anxious. That people at work didn't dislike me. That if they noticed me at all it was probably in a positive light.

    Your post made me feel the same way as I did the day Crystal talked to me. It helped a lot. Thanks.

    Sometimes I see a post and it's like looking in a mirror - I've been there, had those thoughts, etc. I feel that kinship. And when I see posts like that I try to help out by passing on the things I've learned, and often the very words that were said to me by people who love and care about me when I was in that place.

    So it makes me grin to see you say you do the same thing with your coworkers. Being real, being vulnerable with people isn't really modeled well for GenY/Millenials, so it's a lot of trial and error along the way. It takes both strength of character and dedication to your fellow human beings to attempt it over and over, that's a choice you're making that is fucking bold and awesome. It buoys my heart to know not only did I post something helpful, but something that will continue to spread because you care in the same ways I do.

    So from all the people who've helped me on my journey - you're welcome, @Death of Rats May you be excellent and share your radness with everyone on your journey.

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Anecdote about me being dumb and/or a roleplaying session

    Here's a reason Ars Magica is great

    And now a dumb pun

    Wait a minute, find-replace Ars Magica with Mage: The Ascension and you're me

  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Everyone's talking about "resident evil" but if you ask me we should care more about "president evil"

    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    *Resident Evil title screen voice*

    PRESIDENT





  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    EVIL

Sign In or Register to comment.