Options

Do an impression of yourself!

1235»

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    FOUR!

(-ty six and counting)

Edit: Ngl, this is the worst TOTP I have ever made.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Anecdote about me being dumb and/or a roleplaying session

Here's a reason Ars Magica is great

And now a dumb pun

Wait a minute, find-replace Ars Magica with Mage: The Ascension and you're me

In that case, same question: how would you create a homonculus in your image to do your bidding, and how would it get out of hand and try to kill you?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I like coffee

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Oh YEAH??

YOU DO, DO YOU??

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    To parody myself would be too real I dunno if I can handle looking that deep in the mirror

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Live footage of me, a Juggernut in the wild not actually an impression

https://youtu.be/4plN8rNPOEs

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Anecdote about me being dumb and/or a roleplaying session

Here's a reason Ars Magica is great

And now a dumb pun

Wait a minute, find-replace Ars Magica with Mage: The Ascension and you're me

In that case, same question: how would you create a homonculus in your image to do your bidding, and how would it get out of hand and try to kill you?

So this is gonna be a bit of a stretch on some of the Spheres but y'know, hear me out. Should be doable entirely with Adept level Spheres or less to enable the "gets out of hand" thing. Also, focusing on more mechanics rather than individual Traditions because one of the cool things about Mage is pretty much any Effect could be used by any Tradition, they'd just flavor and DO that Effect differently.

So my immediate idea is as a portable body that I control/inhabit when I have to deal with things that sling Really Bad Shit around physically.

Using Matter 4 Life 4 Prime 3 I create a body of incredibly dense, durable and malleable living metal, infusing it with a great deal of Quintessence to stabilize the Pattern against any nasty Werewolf claws, flames and the like, while also letting its punches, kicks etc. destabilize the Patterns of what it HITS. I take my time on this, build up a WHOLE bunch of successes. Shit is solid.

Once the base form is created, it's a matter of controlling it. There are a FEW ways to do this, but the one that enables the bullshit I want would be a Correspondence 4 Prime 4 Life 2 Mind 2 Effect. Correspondence to co-locate my senses to it, Prime 4 to turn the Life/Matter Pattern already created into a Soulflower so I can dump a shitton of extra Quintessence into it so I can sling Quint around with abandon without having to dip into my own reserves and also filling it chock full of my Resonance (while masking the Resonance of my meat body at home) so pesky Auspex users READ it as me, then Life 2 and Mind 2 to enable me to also maintain complete control of my meat body.

So I have a crazy awesome durable drone body that I can control independently of myself but ISN'T me. Super sweet, right?

Problem is, shit with that much work and Quintessential energy within it tends to create Spirits. So some clever Virtual Adept bastard with Correspondence and Spirit notices the Correspondence link between me and my 'homunculus', severs it, then immediately dumps some commands at the now isolated ghost in the shell all "Go take your place as the ACTUAL body"

So now there's a really overwrought living metal golem of some kind coming after me that's been designed to be nigh-impervious to physical and Pattern-level attacks, and is ALSO probably being used as a node to bounce other nasty shit from the meddling VA because of the Resonance and Correspondence link to my meat body.

Shit is officially out of hand.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Live footage of me, a Juggernut in the wild not actually an impression

https://youtu.be/4plN8rNPOEs

your dad looks so disappointed

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    He weeps for my small son who will also grow up to be an idiot dumbass because of me

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    He weeps for my small son who will also grow up to be an idiot dumbass because of me

Ah, better than growing up to be a smart dumbass like me

Children's rights are human rights.