As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You order a cup of chili

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Break them into bigger pieces and mix them into/put them on top of the chili
    with a cinnamon bun tho?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Bigger chunks, but I'll quietly lament that they weren't Cheez-Its instead of saltines.

Also it's me, I'm the maniac who makes no-beans chili. Also the maniac that puts hominy and mushrooms in the chili. Also the maniac who would prefer to use sausage instead of ground beef in the chili.

Chili is the best because every person who makes chili makes a different chili.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Discard the crackers
    Mother fuckers eating crackers with chili complaining about cinnamon rolls???

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Crumble them into dust and mix them into the chili
    I am coincidentally making chili today.

2os0ylc.jpg?3

I do not have crackers.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    with a cinnamon bun tho?

The midwest knows no bounds or decency, lemme tell ya. It's not like it's just some off the menu or some hometown folksy shit either. It's like, the number 2 thing people get at this chain.

rslgmpfxd9kh.jpg

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Discard the crackers
    Keep the crackers for later, get a scoop of rice* for the chili.

*We eat everything with rice here so your mileage may vary.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Sorry, the premise is ridiculous. I would not order a cup of chili, I would order a bowl of chili. How could I live with ordering a smaller vessel of chili?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I almost never have chili with beans because it's usually on top of a hot dog or a pile of fritos.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Do you break up the cinnamon roll and mix it with the chili?

I don't even know how I would approach a meal like that.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    In my experience, if you order a cup of chili in a diner it comes in a normal-sized bowl like a human would use at home, and if you order a bowl of chili it comes in a hubcap-sized serving dish that could feed six people.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Eat the crackers separately
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Do you break up the cinnamon roll and mix it with the chili?

I don't even know how I would approach a meal like that.

The cinnamon roll is dessert you philistines

You eat it after

gosh

:heartbeat:

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Dip the whole crackers into the chili
    Saltines are nice, but I prefer oyster crackers.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So you dip the cinnamon roll into the chili or load chili onto the cinnamon roll

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Keep the crackers for later, get a scoop of rice* for the chili.

*We eat everything with rice here so your mileage may vary.

ughhhhh I want chili on rice nowwww

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If any of you haters end up in Albuquerque, I invite you to visit the Frontier Restaurant next to the UNM campus and enjoy a cup of their chili with a cinnamon roll. You can apologize if you wish when you're done, but I expect you'll all be too busy shutting your goddamn mouths.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    And if you show up in souwest nova scotia you can have a big bowl of chowder and a slice of lemon meringue pie just stir that pie right in there

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hello chili thread i also slowcooked a batch of chili recently

doy23et5eyu2.png

cornbread is the optimal delivery medium to serve chili on but i often go with rice or hashbrowns

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    What the fuck is a cup of chili

Chili is bowl food

in what godless establishment would you trust a chili handed to you in styrofoam

Is it poured out of a dispenser like ketchup or mountain dew

what fresh food hell are you living in that this is your reality

I eat chili by the pot

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Give me a good Cincinnati Chili 5 way

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Makin chilli for lunch. There will not be saltines.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Give me a good Cincinnati Chili 5 way

Unfortunately this does not and has never existed.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I use kidney and pinto beans in my chili.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I've solved the age-old question of whether to use chunks of meat or mince.

You use both! You get the deliciousness and texture of the chunks, and the mince fills in the meatless gaps between them.

broken image link
  • Options
    Goddammit, I spent five whole days on the Dash diet and now you degenerates are going to make me track down a chili dog on a Sunday.

Guess cheat days are a thing, right? For chili?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Do I have to eat the chili

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Do any of the orange voters want my chili for their crackers

discrider on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Baidol wrote: »

[snip]

I do not have crackers.

Chili update: delicious

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

[snip]

I do not have crackers.

Chili update: delicious

The best part of eating a bowl of fresh chili is knowing that the leftovers will be even better the next day.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Larlar
    My first time in the USA. I’d just landed in LAX after 20 hours in the air. Grabbed my rental car and started for my friend’s place. Drove past a little shop with a big sign:

HOT CHILI
    (good chili)

I thought, we’ll surely they can’t lie on their sign?! Sure enough, I grabbed a bowl and it was fuckin dynamite. Knocked my arse out and ended up sleeping in my car in that car park for like 6 hours. Some homeless guy woke me up to say it wasn’t safe for white boys to sleep there. I gave him a ride down the block, made my way to my friend’s place and explained to him how a bowl of chili put me to sleep for half a day

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I dunno, I'm not sure crackers would go well with this

dvetmynucqj5.jpg

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    If there isn't beans than it's a meat sauce.

It can still taste good, but it ain't chili.
    Okay

I just

NO

no and no again, I say.

I am fine with a chili with beans, but that is categorically what it is. Chili, no beans, is the default.

And mince/ground meat for texture, if it's chunks, that is stew territory. I will allow that chunks is not uncommon in *sniff* Texan chili, but that don't make it right

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    My first time in the USA. I’d just landed in LAX after 20 hours in the air. Grabbed my rental car and started for my friend’s place. Drove past a little shop with a big sign:

HOT CHILI
    (good chili)

I thought, we’ll surely they can’t lie on their sign?! Sure enough, I grabbed a bowl and it was fuckin dynamite. Knocked my arse out and ended up sleeping in my car in that car park for like 6 hours. Some homeless guy woke me up to say it wasn’t safe for white boys to sleep there. I gave him a ride down the block, made my way to my friend’s place and explained to him how a bowl of chili put me to sleep for half a day

Those bowls of chili are how they get white boys.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I dunno, I'm not sure crackers would go well with this

dvetmynucqj5.jpg
    They go fine with threeway. Dig on a cheezit specifically for max decadence. But if you feel the need for some texture variation, well, crackers.

Edit to not spam:
    here's a life hack, courtesy the mac n cheese I just had that was Not the business -- put salsa in your macn, and partake with the cracker of choice. Basically an extra textural queso.

I need to hunt down some Velveeta, this was just all wrong, y'all.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    pooka wrote: »

Okay

I just

NO

no and no again, I say.

I am fine with a chili with beans, but that is categorically what it is. Chili, no beans, is the default.

And mince/ground meat for texture, if it's chunks, that is stew territory. I will allow that chunks is not uncommon in *sniff* Texan chili, but that don't make it right

Nah. Beans are the default. The vast majority of the country will assume beans if you ask about chili, that battle was lost ages ago. Cuisine, like language, evolves and changes over time. As to the type of meat used... some of the oldest extant recipes for chili con carne use dried/chipped beef (because preservation), which I suspect the snobs insisting on no beans for "authenticity" would turn up their noses at. It's blatant hypocrisy to reject one form of change and ignore another.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    pooka wrote: »

Okay

I just

NO

no and no again, I say.

Nah. Beans are the default. The vast majority of the country will assume beans if you ask about chili, that battle was lost ages ago. Cuisine, like language, evolves and changes over time. As to the type of meat used... some of the oldest extant recipes for chili con carne use dried/chipped beef (because preservation), which I suspect the snobs insisting on no beans for "authenticity" would turn up their noses at. It's blatant hypocrisy to reject one form of change and ignore another.

this whole line of discussion sucks

beans are good, meat is good, chili is good with or without either one, as long as it has one or the other

also, if you ask most of the U.S. about chili their first response will be, oh shit you got chili? can I have some?

and as long as it's good chili ain't nobody care about the specific chemical make-up

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Chili good. Chili protein.

Juggs make chili tonight.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I like to use bison as the meat in a chili

Bison rules

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Bison rules

Can I interest you in elk, the bison of the woods

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I need to find somewhere to get bison. Maybe a Trader Joe's?

• Options

Bison rules

Back as a kid I had never thought of bison as food, but one day my dad made some bison burgers and holy shit those were some of the best damn burgers I've ever had.

Instant bison convert right then and there.