123457»

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Dip the whole crackers into the chili
    sarukun wrote: »
    if that's onions that is too much onions

i like onions but come on

Looks right to me.

If anything, I might go another spoonful.

why not just eat a fucking onion at that point. that's all you're gonna be tasting anyway

it's too much onion

Okay I guess I will do that then, sounds very tasty actually

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dip the whole crackers into the chili
    The Geek wrote: »
    I've made chili with edamame instead of the traditional beans.

... Odd choice, but I'm intrigued. Thought hominy was a strange substitute for beans at first, now here I am using it every time.

Looking forward to hearing how it turned out.

Honestly was pretty much the same as any kind of basic chili.

Chili is hard to fuck up. You can do it, people have gone above and beyond, but...

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Break them into bigger pieces and mix them into/put them on top of the chili
    I've made chili with edamame instead of the traditional beans.

... Odd choice, but I'm intrigued. Thought hominy was a strange substitute for beans at first, now here I am using it every time.

Looking forward to hearing how it turned out.

Honestly was pretty much the same as any kind of basic chili.

Chili is hard to fuck up. You can do it, people have gone above and beyond, but...

I've had a chili that was fucked up and inedible. When I was a kid, my dad made a chili and decided to spice it up, but he only had more chili powder on hand. So in it went.

And that is how I learned at a young age that you can absolutely ruin a chili with too much chili powder.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Discard the crackers
    I once made a chili that was fucked up and inedible.
    I don't remember what I did to it, but it was really grotesque. I poured the pot out in the plants behind the complex garbage bins (nothing happened to the plants) so that the raccoons and opposums would have easier access.
    The next time I used that pot though, the food was also inedible. And yes, I did wash the pot. We poured out the soup we'd been making and washed it again, and it's been ok since. Which I mention just to point out it wasn't a bad pot, the chili was so bad that it's ghost hung around and killed a pot of soup before it was exorcised.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    My first time in the USA. I’d just landed in LAX after 20 hours in the air. Grabbed my rental car and started for my friend’s place. Drove past a little shop with a big sign:

HOT CHILI
    (good chili)

I thought, we’ll surely they can’t lie on their sign?! Sure enough, I grabbed a bowl and it was fuckin dynamite. Knocked my arse out and ended up sleeping in my car in that car park for like 6 hours. Some homeless guy woke me up to say it wasn’t safe for white boys to sleep there. I gave him a ride down the block, made my way to my friend’s place and explained to him how a bowl of chili put me to sleep for half a day
    A month ago, in describing my birthday plan to make chili, I related this story to an assistant teacher at my niece's school; I brought it up because he'd had a very similar experience, and we suspected it might be one and the same locale.

Your legend grows.

Also, there's been mention of cornbread itt, but really, not enough attention is given to that humble savior.

Cornbread is an anytime food, but even plain, it works nicely as dessert; at lunch in junior high, I used to take cornbread from multiple seatmates who didn't want it. (Broke kid hax.) I don't think I even had to trade anything, they just dismissed it from their tray! Cornbread! ...Incomprehensible!

Anyway, jalapeno cornbread, or roasted bell pepper, etc etc is another great heat & flavor bump for your chili.

lfchwLd.jpg