As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"E3"- it's over!

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Nintendo easily wins but it was a looooooow bar. Microsoft did fine but disappointed.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Dread being developed by MercurySteam, the team behind Metroid: Samus Returns
    Gameplay on the stream now

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    they remade advance wars before they made a switch pro

Turns out the Switch Pro was that Game and Watch

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    It's a shame that Kazuya Mishima is forever cursed with bad netcode.

That reveal was great, though.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Turns out the real Switch Pro was the friends we made along the way.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    hot takes

Metroid! Yes!
    Advance Wars! Yes!
    BoTSS! Yes!

STN (or whatever) 5 .... seems cool? It's not something I've played

Nintendo should be ashamed for their shitty shitty zelda showing

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    as someone who collects in box game and watch systems, please stop making new ones for me to buy nintendo the old ones are expensive enough as it is

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    NO ONE CARES ABOUT SKYWARD SWORD HD NINTENDO

I'm very excited for skyward sword hd...

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    JUNE 15 – “FOCUSED EVENTS” FROM BANDAI NAMCO AND MORE
    Bandai Namco will have a “focused event” on Tuesday, June 15, but E3’s organisers are not clear on what that means. GameSpot and Chinese publisher Yooreka Games are also on the “focused event” train. Here’s the schedule.

2:25pm PDT / 5:25pm EDT / 10:25pm BST – Bandai Namco
    3:20pm PDT / 6:20pm EDT / 11:20pm BST – Yooreka Studio
    3:35pm PDT / 6:35pm EDT / 11:35pm BST – GameSpot Play For All Showcase

https://www.pcgamesn.com/e3-2021-schedule-summer-game-fest

the rest of today's events

i doubt I will pay much attention to these

• Options
    They could have shown off more Breath of the Skyward Sword, they should talk even less about ports (an indie sizzle reel would almost have been preferable), SMT games always look like busywork and generic anime piffle to me (demon designs excepted) and I don't like the Mishima characters one bit, but this was a real 7/10 for me. Hopefully there will be another direct about 2022 games this year, but who knows.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Here's the thing about advance wars though. They've indicated no new features other than a new art style that I hate, and I still own the things I need to play the versions I bought in fukkin 2006 or whatever. And I fucking loved advance wars! Make one with new shit in it please!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So that bit about not making motion controls mandatory for Skyward Sword was a lie huh. I don't want to play games in handheld mode, I want them on my TV without the stupid waggle!

• Options
    edited June 2021
    i thought you can use right analog stick in place of waggle, or did i misunderstand something

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Advance Wars being 60 bucks really dampers my enthusiasm when I am still capable of playing the original games. I will buy Dread, the gameplay looks cool but the art direction isn’t really doing it for me. I should get that Metroid 2 remake at some point too.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I didn't mind the show to be honest, going in with super low covid expectations.

Microsoft > Nintendo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bowel Movement >>>>>>>> The rest

• Options
    i thought you can use right analog stick in place of waggle, or did i misunderstand something

Direct said that was only in handheld mode

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    They could have shown off more Breath of the Skyward Sword, they should talk even less about ports (an indie sizzle reel would almost have been preferable), SMT games always look like busywork and generic anime piffle to me (demon designs excepted) and I don't like the Mishima characters one bit, but this was a real 7/10 for me. Hopefully there will be another direct about 2022 games this year, but who knows.

Honestly SMT is one of the rare JRPG series I really end up sinking my teeth into when I have time for games of that size (including Persona in this as well as the mainline), because I feel like it engages in a lot of serious dialogue with its own genre's tropes, while also not feeling quite as deconstructive as something like Earthbound/Mother

Plus a hearty side of that funky infatuation with Abrahamic gnosticism, which is always a brain tickler for me

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I might be too greedy but Bandai Namco could drop another bombshell of an announcement or something
    Maybe like a 3 second title drop of Fromsoft's next game, maybe something with mechs

Peas on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I might be too greedy but Bandai Namco could drop another bombshell of an announcement or something
    Maybe like a 3 second title drop of their next game, maybe something with mechs

Naruto........2

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Microsoft/Bethesda showed about a dozen games I'm interested in playing, almost all of which I'll be able to play over the next two years without paying any more money for. The most exciting things for me from Nintendo were Metroid, the Link's Awakening nostalgia gimmick, reminding me that Golf is coming out next week, and absolutely lying that BOTW2 is coming out in 2022. I'm loathe to do the "who won E3" argument but there was really no contest for me this year.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

oh, that's goofy

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Well, Bayo 3 and MP4 in 2022, which was expected.

wait sorry, did they actually mention this? or are you speculating

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    While I am sad BoTW isn't making it out this year... well this year is already packed all the way to the end so I guess it's not a big deal.

But damn, this year is POPPIN straight through into 2022.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

It did not say that, the wording was ambiguous.

They highlighted the stick and button controls for handheld mode, because that's the only way to play it handheld.

I guess if you're worried, wait until other people get their hands on it and see what they say.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    They didnt show rehydrated ganon, the direct was pointless

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

Naruto........2

It's called Boruto and it's bad.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »

They highlighted the stick and button controls for handheld mode, because that's the only way to play it handheld.

I guess if you're worried, wait until other people get their hands on it and see what they say.

I do not give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt for shit controls

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular

Naruto........2

znjpou5c36k2.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    don't really understand what people are mad about

they're bringing back friggin' metroid dread, and it's out in only 4 months

they're makin' a new warioware for the first time in ages

they showed botw2 gameplay footage for the first time

like, what more were you expecting

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I do not give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt for shit controls

I'm well aware of Nintendo's history of awful control decisions, but the eShop lists Skyward Sword as supporting the Pro Controller.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Three years since warioware gold isn't really ages ago

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

(TP/WW HD ports)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm into Metroid Dread. More Fusion? Yes please.

But leaving Wind Waker HD marooned on the WiiU is a fucking crime and Nintendo needs to go to videogame jail for it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Three years since warioware gold isn't really ages ago

gold wasn't really a new game though, it was a greatest hits collection

which ain't nothin' but still

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    That they haven't brought Wind Waker HD forward but they're bringing Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess forward is extremely weird

Not sure what the logic there is

But this was a pretty cool showing all around! I get a new 2D Metroid game on a platform I own, eff the haters!!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    wait did i like blink and miss them saying TPHD is getting ported?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Yeah, I figured that actually showing a new 2D Metroid that 1) doesn't look like shit and 2) has an actual release date (this year even!) would have bought Nintendo all the goodwill in the universe.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

yes, it was immediately after the DOOM dlc

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

yes, it was immediately after the DOOM dlc

what?!