As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone get in here! We're havin' Hurgusburgus in the [bad food] thread

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    not gonna lie, I'd much rather get my sandwich from a vending machine than see a real human being forced to "artisanally" make one to my specifications

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    not gonna lie, I'd much rather get my sandwich from a vending machine than see a real human being forced to "artisanally" make one to my specifications

But if you did that, youd end up like the person in the video eating an Italian sub with... thousand island dressing?!?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Also, it's not like they appear in the vending machine on their own. There's still a human on the back end. Is it just a matter of you not wanting to see the sausage sandwich made?

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Just ordered a pizza from Dominos in the first time in awhile.

Got an offer for a medium 2 topping pizza for the low low cost of.. accepting two marketing e-mails?

...what's the catch here?

I guess I have to order it within the next week? Still, a ridiculously good bargain. I would have joined a mailing list for a free pizza.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Dominos got that pizza points thing, where when you get enough you get a free pizza

my family gets Dominos generally every friday, like a ritual

so every couple of weeks I get a secret pizza for me

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Don't you talk to me about my health
    I just want a breakfast that makes me hate myself

There's a famous quote from god knows where that says that bad food makes for a bad mood. That explains why the English are, as a culture, such assholes world conquerors.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

There's a famous quote from god knows where that says that bad food makes for a bad mood. That explains why the English are, as a culture, such assholes world conquerors.

A global juggernaut fueled by mushy peas and Yorkshire pudding.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Dominos got that pizza points thing, where when you get enough you get a free pizza

my family gets Dominos generally every friday, like a ritual

so every couple of weeks I get a secret pizza for me

Reminds me that I benefited from their "Surprise Frees" promotion the other week, my order had a pair of lava cakes thrown in when it arrived.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Homemade pizza has never really turned out good enough to feel worth it for me

but I went and tried something new, sourdough pan pizza

DtaBGmS.jpg

I fucked up y'all... it's so good and now this is all I want to eat forever

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Doomed!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I see you made the best kind of pizza. Two pizzas.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Also, it's not like they appear in the vending machine on their own. There's still a human on the back end. Is it just a matter of you not wanting to see the sausage sandwich made?

Now I’m imagining a sandwich artist making sandwiches in the back of the vending machine and pushing them out the slot when someone press money in

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

I infer that the events of the last 4 years indicate a catastrophic decline in American food quality?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Counterpoint: KRANCH

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Now I’m imagining a sandwich artist making sandwiches in the back of the vending machine and pushing them out the slot when someone press money in

Keep the same job but remove interaction with the customers of all stripes? Sounds like a quality of life improvement.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ksAcHuhxIBU

That looks fucking outrageous

I'll finish this in a bit but ive never seen anyone toss a whole goddamn nutmeg in anything before

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have a dark need for some Mexican food soon

Some cheese dip with chorizo specifically

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got my dip

I'm full of cheese and sausage and chips and all is well

For now...

• Options
    Quesorizo

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Choriz Whiz

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Was gonna order from a place since they had a good promo going for wings, but then they cancelled my order and removed the promo from my account with no reason given. So I'm gonna make a sandwich instead because I'm not paying their prices without a promo.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I was going to make a big ol' batch of mac and cheese and went to open the box of vesuviotti I ordered, only to find it was pappardelle instead. Irate at the inability to make true mac and cheese with these noodles, I instead tried to make cheese grits and fucked that up, so then I ordered some mac and cheese for delivery from the local Irish-style pub and had them add some green chilies to it and got a big fat side of cornbread.

Still pissed off about the vesuviotti, though. It makes truly outrageous mac and cheese.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Homemade pizza has never really turned out good enough to feel worth it for me

but I went and tried something new, sourdough pan pizza

DtaBGmS.jpg

I fucked up y'all... it's so good and now this is all I want to eat forever

How ironic

He spent all this time worrying about the beef

He didn’t stop to consider pepperoni

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Sorce wrote: »
    This, perhaps, might be the baddest of the bad food.
    Nellie, thought to be from the U.S. said: "Cleaning out the in-law's fridge. How about some blackberries for dinner tonight, from 1972. How about some strawberries from 1984, or maybe some blueberries, from 1983."
    In the late 2010s I threw out a jar of something that had expired in 1997 out of my parents' fridge. We moved house in 2000, they literally brought expired food with them.

Glal on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bad news: The Mediterranean place that was like a 2 minute walk from my apartment moved like 10 miles south.
    Good news: A taqueria moved in
    wcqui3os02xu.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Also I know that that's not a taco, but I hadn't had a torta in years. I'll probably go back this evening cause apparently tacos are 1 dollar on Mondays.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I was going to make a big ol' batch of mac and cheese and went to open the box of vesuviotti I ordered, only to find it was pappardelle instead. Irate at the inability to make true mac and cheese with these noodles, I instead tried to make cheese grits and fucked that up, so then I ordered some mac and cheese for delivery from the local Irish-style pub and had them add some green chilies to it and got a big fat side of cornbread.

Still pissed off about the vesuviotti, though. It makes truly outrageous mac and cheese.

I had to look these pasta varieties up and yes, I would probably punch a hole in a wall if I got papprdelle instead of vesuviotti

• Options
    Unless I was eating braised short rib pasta, then I’d want the pappardelle

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I had to look these pasta varieties up and yes, I would probably punch a hole in a wall if I got papprdelle instead of vesuviotti

Is your papprdelle giving you frequent vesuviotti? Are staying home, afraid your papprdelle will flare up? Talk to your pastatician about what cavatappi can do for you.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I've been making my mac & cheese with radiatore lately. So much surface area, yum.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Subway Vending Machine (8 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUSekC0Zp0g

There's something very funny about this vending machine sitting... right in front of the regular Subway counter.

I can see something like that located where a Subway is not.

But why is it, essentially, inside a Subway?

Those sauce options are also pretty damn funny.

• Options
    Fucking fine you all wore me down

We’re a gourmet, experimental Mac (or is it) and (or) cheese (or is it) household now

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

There's something very funny about this vending machine sitting... right in front of the regular Subway counter.

I presume the Subway workers inside make all of the sandwiches and stuff in the machine.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Subway, eat stale!
    Sbubby, Eef Freef!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

what if you want a sandwich when the Subway isn't open?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

what if you want a sandwich when the Subway isn't open?

I will accept this answer and did notice the little 24 hours sign.

But that sucker is still filled through the day! If it is for after hours they should just pack it then!

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    that machine is all well and good, but can it make a sandwidge that will make people forget that Subway's spokeman was an infamous pedophile

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    there are overnight bread vending machines all over europe

it's

pretty cool

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
This discussion has been closed.