As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Pac and Jerry Lynn Appreciation Thread [Wrestling]

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Well fuck me running, I had no idea until I learned just now that Don Callis was The Jackyl, the guy who was the leader of The Truth Commission and then The Parade of Human Oddities.

Also Cyrus the Virus in ECDUB

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I just saw a picture of Charlotte, and not having kept up with Raw outside reading reports/forums, she was unrecognizable to me.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I was just griping that if they're going to make such a big deal about someone like Eva coming back to the roster, maybe she actually ought to climb into the ring for once instead of WWE just using her as a valet and a joke character. I mean, why not use that time to build up someone else? How much are they paying her to just show up and catch heat when they could be paying someone who's actually capable in the ring and could literally have done the same thing for the new talent they're introducing to the roster?

I just don't get it, honestly.

I swear this isn't a bit, but none of the released wrestlers were able to generate heat on the same level as Eva Marie does by simply existing, which is why she has a ton of value to the company. You can sell a ton of other wrestlers to the fans just by putting them in Eva Marie's general orbit.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I just saw a picture of Charlotte, and not having kept up with Raw outside reading reports/forums, she was unrecognizable to me.

Yeah at some point (recently!) it's like she swapped her entire head for someone else's.

(Apologies if that triggers a Return to Oz flashback for my fellow olds.)

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

If I had to money to change my body and or face to look exactly how I want, I would do it in a heartbeat too.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Chris Brookes vs Tetsuya Endo - King of DDT First Round Match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZrMOAg9rHE

Brookes may have the height advantage, but Endo has the tan advantage.

I really enjoyed this match, my favorite of the first round. Although it was super rude of Brookes to make that cheap shot before the bell rang! Tetsuya would never do such a thing.

And with that my tournament picks are 100% so far 8-)

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

If I had to money to change my body and or face to look exactly how I want, I would do it in a heartbeat too.

If it was all her idea to do so, that's fantastic, and good for her! But given the fact that she is in the WWE, I veeeeerrryyyy highly doubt she wasn't at least partially pressured into it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

If it was all her idea to do so, that's fantastic, and good for her! But given the fact that she is in the WWE, I veeeeerrryyyy highly doubt she wasn't at least partially pressured into it.

I will never ever forget that they originally pushed her to drop "Flair" from her ring name because she looks too much like her dad.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

Honestly she had covid so I think it was moreso losing muscle mass than surgical work

A friend of mine who does pro-level boxing lost 3lbs of muscle mass in like a week from it, and women especially have to put more work in to get that back even at the pro athlete level

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Wait

Hager vs Wardow in a MMA match on Dynamite

so what Hager just again "accidentally" nails his opponent in the nuts and gets a no contest?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ACH retired

really sucks to see someone genuine and earnest get ground up in the gears like that

• Options
    edited June 2021
    AEW teasing a new title

...at midnight?

well I ahem, its nothing move along

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Other news AEW is going to secure a venue to tape Dark from so I guess its going to turn into a studio show like WCW Saturday Night was

Elevation will get shorter and be on the road with Dynamite (great for local indy talent!) and Rampage will be taped/live that way too.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    orange cassidy has to buy one of those belts right... he has to

• Options
    MJF attached himself to a Cryptocurrency

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Really starting to grind up against the line of playing one on TV, or just being an asshole.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    oh no mjf is absolutely an asshole

i am comfortable saying that

not being played up for tv

he's just a prick

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Fucking yikes, Maxwell.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    does MJF even.... have.... fans? that would care enough to buy a coin?

you wouldn't hate-buy a crypto would you? does he know this?

but maybe some people actually like MJF although its hard to imagine

• Options
    I have liked MJF for quite some time as I think he's one of the best heels in the business.

I am one of those people who thinks MJF staying in heel mode is a great thing.

Full disclosure I also hate kids so I just generally find it hilarious when he flips them off, and even more hilarious when they flip him back and he reacts and they get giggles out of it.

This MJF crypto thing is not any of that and looks and feels super carny and grifty and boy there's just no other way to interpret it other than a scam.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Well this sucks, apparently referee and original creator of Botchamania John Barber has passed away.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, it's really sad and surprising.

For anyone who's not familiar with him, he was primarily a ref for Chikara but also worked for CZW and Evolve. He also had a wealth of indie wrestling knowledge and was constantly posting old and interesting matches.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    AEW Games
    @AEWGames
    AEW CONSOLE GAME ALERT! 🚨
    @KennyOmegamanX drops a sneak peek of some @DarbyAllin artwork and gameplay footage in http://2.Show Episode 4!💀#AEWGames
    there's a real good bounce off the ropes on those Coffin Drops, faster than I expected

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That def looks like a Yukes game.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Taurus is okay and having a match rn on Impact after that scare at AAO :D good to see, he's been one of my favs since I saw him on AAA years ago

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    That AEDuB game looks just like 2k which isn’t surprising considering the developer but I was hoping for something a little different I guess.

• Options
    Today's TJPW main event of NEO Biishiki-gun vs Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh for the Princess Tag Championship was a fun watch. Mei Saint-Michelle has obviously been getting good advice from Martha.

NEO Biishiki-gun retains! Praise Sakisama!

Looking forward to seeing Sakisama go up against Miyu for the Princess of Princess Championship. Will Miyu's grappling and skull kicks be enough to overcome the best French bread and champagne? We'll find out.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Did he say "further adieu"?

• Options
    Did he say "further adieu"?

Yeah its a thing he does

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I was just griping that if they're going to make such a big deal about someone like Eva coming back to the roster, maybe she actually ought to climb into the ring for once instead of WWE just using her as a valet and a joke character. I mean, why not use that time to build up someone else? How much are they paying her to just show up and catch heat when they could be paying someone who's actually capable in the ring and could literally have done the same thing for the new talent they're introducing to the roster?

I just don't get it, honestly.

I swear this isn't a bit, but none of the released wrestlers were able to generate heat on the same level as Eva Marie does by simply existing, which is why she has a ton of value to the company. You can sell a ton of other wrestlers to the fans just by putting them in Eva Marie's general orbit.

Yeah, using Eva Marie as a heater for Piper seems like a pretty great move.

The entire plot line that is going to happen is right their interactions post match and when Piper turn on Eva the crowd will go wiiliiiiiiiild.

Side note: Eva's gear look terrible. Give me All Red or give me death.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    If there's anyone who's gonna end up getting shanked by a fan like the heels of old while we're in an era where everyone knows about kayfabe, it's MJF.

And he would laugh about it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    If there's anyone who's gonna end up getting shanked by a fan like the heels of old while we're in an era where everyone knows about kayfabe, it's MJF.

And he would laugh about it.

I'd go with a more obscure homage and deck him upside the head with a squeegee.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I have liked MJF for quite some time as I think he's one of the best heels in the business.

I am one of those people who thinks MJF staying in heel mode is a great thing.

Full disclosure I also hate kids so I just generally find it hilarious when he flips them off, and even more hilarious when they flip him back and he reacts and they get giggles out of it.

This MJF crypto thing is not any of that and looks and feels super carny and grifty and boy there's just no other way to interpret it other than a scam.

Being a dick to kids is one of the biggest perks of being a heel/rudo.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Sorry, Tony Khan, David Arquette is the true Forbidden Door.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
    MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
    MILLIONS MILLIONS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Part of me really wants to check out Jim Cornette's College of Wrestling whatever, and part of me would rather just eat broken glass for a week.
    Not sure which is going to win out here tbh.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Part of me really wants to check out Jim Cornette's College of Wrestling whatever, and part of me would rather just eat broken glass for a week.

It sounds pretty easy to goad Nick Gage to fight if that's what you're after.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

It sounds pretty easy to goad Nick Gage to fight if that's what you're after.

Just get any chicken that isn't Cluck U in Red Bank.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.