As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Pac and Jerry Lynn Appreciation Thread [Wrestling]

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    AEW put Hager and Wardlow in a six sided cage.

Clearly, they've been hanging around Impact too long.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Part of me really wants to check out Jim Cornette's College of Wrestling whatever, and part of me would rather just eat broken glass for a week.
    Not sure which is going to win out here tbh.

It sounds pretty easy to goad Nick Gage to fight if that's what you're after.

Just get any chicken that isn't Cluck U in Red Bank.

Boneless wings (aka chicken nuggets)

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    So one of the going theories for why Roman VS Rey Hell in a Cell was booked for Smackdown is that Roman and Rey didn't want to work this feud about family and fatherhood on Father's Day.

...and if you think about it in terms of spending weeks building to something while apparently forgetting to check the calander this might be as close as a promotion gets to booking Lethal Leap Year.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh Brandi game birth today

Congrats to her and Cody

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Ok I do hate the old school carny way of things BUT am I wrong in thinking its fucked up Brock Anderson got his first ever professional wrestling win on a flagship "live" tv show?

You have all these people working up thorough elevation and dark and this guy just cause he's Arn's kid got one hell of a debut?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2021

Congrats to her and Cody

I give them until the end of the year before they somehow work Cody and Brandi's kid into a storyline. There's no way Cody can resist it.

Actually, bump that, the kid was already in a storyline. I forgot about the time Cody defeated racism by having a child with a black woman. Sorry, folks.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

Congrats to her and Cody

Oh sweet the Brandi game is out? Is it on gamepass?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »

Congrats to her and Cody

I give them until the end of the year before they somehow work Cody and Brandi's kid into a storyline. There's no way Cody can resist it.

Actually, bump that, the kid was already in a storyline. I forgot about the time Cody defeated racism by having a child with a black woman. Sorry, folks.

As soon as the kid can walk, she is costing her dad a title match in the ultimate betrayal story.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    MJF will kidnap that child by Christmas.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »

Congrats to her and Cody

As soon as the kid can walk, she is costing her dad a title match in the ultimate betrayal story.

I’ll allow this but only if cody is feuding with Raven

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Njpw just announced a show in LA

On the list is Shooter 👀

Also Lio?

And Mox and Jay

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Njpw just announced a show in LA

On the list is Shooter 👀

Also Lio?

And Mox and Jay

shooter and mox reunion yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh

Unfortunately TJP and the Good Brothers will also be there

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    School of Morton
    @RealRickyMorton
    I wrestle in my 50th state today.
    Pretty f’n cool if you ask me!
    @GCWrestling_

GCW held a show in Wyoming today, which according to the records on Cagematch.net is the 34th known wrestling event ever in the state

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    School of Morton
    @RealRickyMorton
    I wrestle in my 50th state today.
    Pretty f’n cool if you ask me!
    @GCWrestling_

GCW held a show in Wyoming today, which according to the records on Cagematch.net is the 34th known wrestling event ever in the state

Was there a hot tag to Robert Gibson (well, as hot as a guy old enough to collect Social Security can manage)?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    In unfortunate news, Suwama of All Japan tested positive for covid and vacated the Triple Crown Championship. He'd held the title for over 400 days.

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I love Bianca that KOD on to the ladder was ridiculous.

• Options
    Alexa Bliss is an evil sorceress and it rules.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Bold of them to put the main event in the middle of the show, but I’m not complaining.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    It’s really a great sign when they feel the need to pipe in boos for both performers.

• Options
    DQ finish is trash.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I expected a bit more new comments on a PPV night...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

They booked a distraction roll-up finish in a HIAC match. Not much worth talking about.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Cody really did name his kid Liberty huh

• Options
    That kid is going to have a very interesting childhood

And I feel bad for her

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've only seen the Hager/Wardlow part of Dynamite so far and I am honestly surprised they handled it as well as they did.

I was interested in it from a technical perspective, as in how they'd make a worked MMA match without it being hokey dogshit. Obviously they moved into more pro wrestling moves and such at the end, but the opening was interesting in that it seems they were doing some fairly stiff shots, but with the plan that any landed hit isn't followed up on like an actual MMA match would be. It was a very interesting balance that I think they pulled off well. And they were able to let Wardlow get some licks in without making Hager, an actual fighter, not look like an absolute chump. The finish was handled well too. I gotta give kudos to AEW.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm sorry I'm a bad person I hate MMA and its intersection with wrestling and wanted it to be so bad they'd never do it again.

Which, I still felt it was pretty bad but I'm apparently alone in that so ffffffffffffff

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I also felt it wasn't the best but honestly it was really just because the actual standing/punching parts looked really rough if you have an eye for MMA

A lot of stuff just not really connecting and they should have just gone to the grappling a lot faster since you can make that look more intense if you need to

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I forgot to watch Hell in a Cell

Sounds like the Belair/Bayley match was good

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

They booked a distraction roll-up finish in a HIAC match. Not much worth talking about.

Wait, REALLY??

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm a bad person I hate MMA and its intersection with wrestling and wanted it to be so bad they'd never do it again.

Which, I still felt it was pretty bad but I'm apparently alone in that so ffffffffffffff

It was bad you are not alone.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Wait, REALLY??

Ref bumped, MVP sneaks into cage with new ref, shenanigans.

• Options
    Jesus. That completely undermines any mystique Hell in a Cell might still have.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    Jesus. That completely undermines any mystique Hell in a Cell might still have.

I totally monkey paw'd this. During the early stages of the Bianca/Bayley match they were doing some mat wrestling and I said it'd be amusing for a HIAC match to end with a roll-up. As it turns out, not so much.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

You're not alone. I thought Hager and Wardlow did fine, but the whole faux-MMA thing took away from the match way more than it added to it. It was still the same kind of things you'd see in a wrestling match, but with no ropes or turnbuckles or anything to play off of. It was wrestling but worse.

I'm not a big MMA fan, so maybe I'm not the audience they were trying to get with this, but I couldn't give a single shit about worked MMA.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I haven't watched Hagar/Wardlow fully, but what I saw seemed not good.

I'm a big fan of MMA, but its really tough to fake as a wrestling style. MMA and Wrestling are good for different reasons and prefer to keep them separate.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    er0i4raob4vx.jpeg

Young Bucks have been in the episode preview image for all 3 of the most recent episodes. (Not counting the recap bonus episodes)
    Young bucks have been in the preview image for 4/5 most recent episodes, and 5/9 most recent.

This has been your stats for the day.

Perrsun on
This discussion has been closed.