Options

X-Pac and Jerry Lynn Appreciation Thread [Wrestling]

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Suzuki's match last night felt like distilled NJPW and just, man

Imagine seeing last night's card a year ago, it'd be pretty hard to believe it wasn't just a fan list

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Suzuki's match last night felt like distilled NJPW and just, man

Imagine seeing last night's card a year ago, it'd be pretty hard to believe it wasn't just a fan list

And Ishii is in the US next month

Don’t close that door Tony

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Also I’ve been trying to disengage with wrestling twitter but this interview Roman did is just making me laugh so I have been reading takes and this second tweet made me pause and laugh

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I actually thought AEW was getting too predictable and then they had Deeb stop Shida's trophy win and put the belt on Sammy and I was legit shocked at both.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I wasn’t too shocked by Sammy’s win (it was time for him to beat someone further up the ladder than Shawn Spears). I was pleasantly surprised by Shida losing, just because I think that’s a way more interesting potential story.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I have no idea who Suzuki is, but after watching his match tonight, I can't imagine any world where he could exist in WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcev76i9ZII

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been anticipating a heel turn for Shida to be honest.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    She already dresses like a Yakuza character, may as well go full Nishiki on us

Steam
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    One thing I've noticed WWE does that reminds me of a shitty habitual liar is to say "coming up NEXT" and then what actually comes up next is a completely different segment. It's a little unimportant lie but it happens several times per show. It also must be extra mind boggling for live audiences to witness one side of a match come to the ring and sort of mill about for three minutes of commercials then another three minutes while completely unrelated backstage segments and video packages roll before their opponent makes their entrance only to have a match that goes five minutes.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'll always remember being there live for a trios match where one side was Cesaro, Ziggler and someone else. They came out first, then had to stand around forever like you said. So they were pointing at the screen and shit talking the other promos and such, cracking each other up.

Then during a commercial Cesaro just started running the ropes over and over for at least a minute straight, and Ziggler was completely losing his shit, dying laughing as Cesaro just kept going and never slowing down.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    FTR
    FROG THE REVELATION

• Options
    can't wait for FTR vs the clowns in AAA

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Who could have guessed that Evil Uno was really Mick Foley under the mask this whole time?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    god I fucking love Miro, this shit rules

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The leaked Full Gear card included Danielson vs. Moxley, as I recall, and that does seem to be the most obvious way for that bracket to shake out.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Apparently God might not love Miro though, especially if Miro is throwing down a challenge for the throne

Steam
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Miro’s so distraught that he can’t even have sex with his very flexible wife. Your heart goes out to him.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Apparently God might not love Miro though, especially if Miro is throwing down a challenge for the throne

*looks back at pic of CJ mixing brownie batter doing the Timecop splits*

...no, I'm pretty sure God is at least passingly fond of Miro.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    CM Punk complimenting Serena Deeb's "fantastic head of hair" is a pretty good continuity nod.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

If we don't get Bryan vs Eddie I'm going to be the saddest boy.

On the other hand, if we get Bryan vs. Lance Archer that'll further AmDrag's Suzuki-gun feud and build to him facing ZSJ.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Moxley vs Orange could be fun

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Oh my God

Steam
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    NJPW Global
    @njpwglobal
    'They say as one door closes, another opens... Maybe it was staring at me the entire time.'

Buddy Matthews is coming.

#njpw #njBitV
    @SNM_Buddy

Buddy Matthews (fka Buddy Murphy) joining NJPW

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    apparently Andrade/PAC 2 is a banger

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Oh my God

cwdw4kepr6iv.gif

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I think Danielson vs ZSJ is my number 1 most desired match (Golden Lovers for all of the belts was high up there too, but of course weve seen that one a few times.)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

Oh my God

cwdw4kepr6iv.gif

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Sadly Danielson Vs ZSJ will never happen because nobody can get in touch with ZSJ since he apparently hasn't owned a phone since Summer of last year.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

Oh my God

cwdw4kepr6iv.gif

*fierce Hikaru pose*

I have no idea what I did to anger/dissapoint Shida oyabun, but I promise to atone.

And what does it say about me that the thing that most excites me about that image is the perfect grip on the suka?

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Just finished watching last night's AEW and I am usually the last to criticize a match but holy crap I can't imagine putting that women's match in the middle of the show. There are so many great talents in the division that could have put on a better show. If you wanted a Penelope win at least use someone like Kilynne King who does a great job on Dark - but either way the match just sucked the life out of the show. Heck, a squash by Abadon would have been better TV.

Edit: also to add something positive, I love the addition of Bobby Fish. He allows a physical style of match we didn't see much of except for some of the recent Moxley matches with folks from Japan.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I don't really keep up with NJPW these days but went to the Strong taping last night and overall it was a pretty fun show.

Fred Yehi vs Jay White was my most anticipated match and easily the best of the night. It's been forever since I've seen Yehi in person and he is just as fantastic as ever. He's really one of those guys who's so good the fact that he hasn't been picked up by a big company is kind of a head scratcher. The crowd was against him at first (though I think that's mostly because they were SO into Jay White), but he won most of them over by the end with his disgusting stomps and limb twisting.

Also loved the tag match of Ren Narita and Clark Connors vs Ospreay and TJP, despite those two. It seems like crowds in this city take every opportunity to shit on TJP and that's an experience of its own. Narita was the star of this match and my goodness he is really starting to look like his dad, Shibata. That bridging suplex he's doing is also a thing of absolute beauty.

The main event was Chris Dickinson vs Minoru Suzuki, which was essentially the Dirty Daddy doing all of his puro nerd shit against Suzuki's old man shtick. Pretty sure he even went for an exploder suplex at one point which Suzuki just brushed off. Suffice to say, I thought it was great. But much of the crowd was either burnt out by the end of the night or just not into it. Danielson vs Suzuki being so fresh on everyone's minds couldn't have helped.

Other quick thoughts... Holy crap Fred Rosser is huge! He's also a great babyface hot tag. Ariya Daivari vs Alex Zayne was incredibly average and unexciting. Team Filthy are just as hateable dirtbags as ever. I'll never forgive this city for booing the perfect varsity jock, Karl Fredericks. Royce Isaacs didn't break anything with his ass, disappointed tbh.

hailtothekale on
  • Options

RheaRipley_WWE
    @RheaRipley_WWE
    *LOST GEAR BAG*
    My MosherZ of Albuquerque I know this is a stretch but, if any of you have seen a black travel suitcase around Office Boulevard & Montaño rd please hold onto it and let me know. It has all my gear in it, including my title. Cheers!
    Charlotte will stop at nothing to take every title from Rhea

• Options

How much longer until we get Bryan in ChocoPro

• Options
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

RheaRipley_WWE
    @RheaRipley_WWE
    *LOST GEAR BAG*
    My MosherZ of Albuquerque I know this is a stretch but, if any of you have seen a black travel suitcase around Office Boulevard & Montaño rd please hold onto it and let me know. It has all my gear in it, including my title. Cheers!
    Charlotte will stop at nothing to take every title from Rhea

Vince, upon receiving the news: "Oh, that's too bad. But don't worry about it, we'll take care of everything!"

[scribbles out any remaining women’s tag title bits left on the itinerary]

"There! Now I think that’s leadership deserving of a steak wrap with extra ketchup!"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Kota Ibushi is the best because when he set KENTA on the table on the floor then the table leg gave out as he climbed to the top he still did a splash to the floor.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Kota "I've done worse" Ibushi

This discussion has been closed.