Options

[Dead By Daylight] Celebrating 8 Years With 80 Gamebreaking Bugs

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    There’s a second, significantly faster Mori if the survivor has the Hand or Eye of Vecna. The prompt changes from Kill to Recover Artefact.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Bardic thing seems... mediocre. It's worse than just actually working on a gen, BUT it has two advantages.

If you do it for the full 15 seconds, you can then fuck off and the other survivor keeps the bonuses for 60 seconds. That seems to be the best use, especially with toolboxes for getting more skillchecks.

The second thing is that singing is not a conspicuous action, so you can use it to preserve Decisive Strike to faux work on a gen with someone else.

E:

Still Sight's description on the infographic they put out is incorrect. It reveals gens, chests, and the KILLER, not totems, within 18m. Takes 4 seconds to activate. Being able to see the killer is actually pretty huge. Especially for an SB user.

New full sabo builds are pretty fucking nutty. It's like .75 seconds to sabo.

Amazingly, haven't seen any critical bugs yet, but maybe they totally broke Legion or something. The only two I've seen is that flashbangs/firecrackers aren't properly removed, so you can keep doing the throw animation over and over. Certain charms are visible through walls.

Oh, and Buckle Up's description is that it gives 150% Haste for 150 seconds.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Apparently blinds might be broken and staring away doesn’t prevent the blind

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 14
    Mimics require a Merciless Storm series of skill checks or you get injured/put into mending.

Which is pretty rough considering that they go back to looking like a regular chest, so every survivor could get nailed by it.

E:
    Oh, and there's an add-on that forces two mimics. So, yeah. That'll be a low level stomper. Imagine loading in, walking two steps to a chest and instantly getting injured/revealed to the killer.

Now that happening twice.

E2: Vecna seems decent, but with tons of counterplay, so may be a little on the weaker side overall. Or perhaps more like Singularity where he's just too complicated and needs to do too much to see a lot of use.

The survivor illusion perk also lasts FOREEEEEVER. Like two minutes.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Bard thing should also stack with Prove Thyself, if you are grinding directly on one or more other survivors with your guitar.

• Options
    edited May 15
    Played Pig tonight for the first time since her dash buffs.

Took the pallet on a jungle gym, and ambushed all the way through the tile to the opposite side and around the corner for the hit next to the window on the outside. No dash add-ons.

That seems... a little nuts.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That specific case is probably fine (they should be clear if you guess wrong about which way they break when out of LOS), but it's real dumb at any filler pallet with no LOS obstructions.

• Options
    edited May 17
    First game in Chaos Shuffle? Spirit with Mad Grit, Cruel Limits, Nurse's Calling, Furtive Chase.

A Dwight had No Mither, which wasn't even the worst. That goes to the Jake with Breakout who tried so hard to bodyblock the first hook, but... Mad Grit, and then they noped out of the game.

First survivor game had the killer instantly quit.

E:
    Oh, and apparently matchmaking is totally turned off, so get ready for some awful games.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 17
    After being gifted No Mither + This is Not Happening, I now have some respect for the latter. I know I "should" be hitting all my great skill checks all the time, but I don't. And it was actually helping me get several in a row.

Edit: Second game in a row of No Mither, and Wesker had Thanataphobia and Alien Instinct (after any hook, furthest injured person gets Oblivious and broadcasts their aura). Fortunately, the player was completely awful (maybe because no MMR?) so it was a trivial game.

I think I saw four copies of Corrective Action across three games. Once it was hard countering Undone (bad gen kick perk that builds up as survivors miss skill checks)

Fry on
  • Options
    edited May 17
    Played two more as killer.

Knight with Unforseen, Devour, Make Your Choice, and Deerstalker. But they sent us to Hawkins, and Knight in a tight space like Hawkins is pure misery. So basically powerless, and just Devour, but even that I struggled to get far enough away to get stacks, but it did carry once it came online.

And then Iri Shoe Hag against four flashlights, with Iron Maiden, Undone, Overcharge, and Pentimento. So just Overcharge basically. Seemed like decent players, or at least were trying to use their weird perks so they at least had basic knowledge, but maybe just weren't prepared for a 117 speed killer? They fucked up haaaaard right at the start and I could've had three of them in the basement. But they brought 3 BPS plus my cake, so I wasn't going to kill them anyway.

E:
    Been pretty chill for me, but also only played killer on it since that's where the BP bonus has been. Only game I'd say that I really lost was a Singularity one, where I probably COULD'VE gotten two kills, but the Kate I was chasing just stopped in front of the gate and pointed at it to be let out, so I went and chased someone else instead. I had absolutely nothing perkwise there though. Just Merciless Storm, and it was Crotus, so I lost a gen by the time I even found someone. I'm not a particularly good Singularity player anyway, and had lost track of who was and wasn't on death hook, though I think it was just a Bill.

Actually had a legitimately good Pig build too. FtD, Undying, Infectious, Spies. Three hats before they finished the first gen. Another game where they brought two BPS and a cake though, so again, wasn't going to kill them, but easy to be chill with a start/build like that. Was in danger of losing a Doctor game, half because my build was fucked (Monitor, Trail, Stridor, DMS), but they apparently never found a corner gen and I went from like 5 hooks at 1 gen left to 10 contesting two that were close together on the opposite side. Macmillan too, so not like some goofy hidden Lerys gen or anything.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 18
    And finished for the last tome reward, playing essentially all on killer. Final game was back to Spirit with Ruin, 3rd Seal, Lightborn, and Leverage. 3rd Seal was gone almost immediately, and not a single survivor ever made it to the side of the map with Ruin. Despite all of them being P20 or above, you'd think they'd never gone against a Spirit before. Or, I don't know, maybe Leverage was actually helping because they literally never healed, which probably also helped? But pfft. Spirit stuff. It was funny staring right at the Leon with a flashlight as I picked someone up, twice.

Honestly not really tempted to dip my toe into survivor on this mode at all seeing the horror stories about camping/tunnelling being out of control in the mode. Since I started playing, the killer meta has always been what will help them win games, while the survivor meta has been what will let them actually play the game when camped/tunneled/slugged by joyless jagoffs. The mode would still be a lot better if there were half as many perks and so many weren't so completely useless.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Vecna just needs shorter cooldowns. His powers arent so strong that they need to be locked away for a minute each.

• Options
    edited May 19
    Most of the killers I've gotten in Chaos Shuffle have been, if not chill, at least reasonable. Though there have been a few people that hard tunnel folks with No Mither right from the start.

Certainly I've had a higher proportion of chill killers in this game mode than in regular queue.

Edit: just had a game where it decided that my random perks would just be... No perks. At all. Not even bad/useless perks, it just literally didn't give me any. A+ game, would recommend

Fry on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I had a no mither once while I was playing pig and I absolutely went easy on them so they at least could play the game. didn't give 'em a hat for a bit just hooked 'em once. slugged em once when they just KEPT running into me mostly through sheer hapenstance, ETC

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Good lord, eight hours to get all the Twitch drops? Are they high?

• Options
    Yeah, my experience on survivor this afternoon in shuffle was exactly as speculated and feared, and I am 100% out. Artist who just literally sat 16m away with the purple hand to instantly double tap, and a Dredge who... despite having a legitimate actual build of Surge, Brutal, NWO, and Bitter Murmur, along with Lav Mic... against not one, but TWO people with No Mither, and me who drew an entire healing build (Pharmacy, Aftercare, No One Left Behind, Streetwise), decided he was going to use his power to facecamp and instantly tunnel off the hook. And when I was on the hook in the endgame, just sat there hitting me nonstop.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    What is with every Hag cosmetic looking absolutely cursed and nonsensical with every other Hag cosmetic?

I mean, yeah, my preferred is blue skin with white hair so I look like an evil smurf, but this new one looks like somebody picked a fight with a tropical plant and lost.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 28
    I'm now up to a cumulative total of nine Chaos Shuffle games that I got literally no perks. Versus two games of No Mither

Edit: had a frustrating "good" game. Was facing an Oni, I had first chase at shack and the guy did not know basic lunge distances or even attempt to mind game, I got two window vaults with him swinging and missing and then he left. Later I ran him for the full duration of his power on a TL wall (note: I am garbage against Oni power and usually go down within three seconds of hearing the TR). But eventually he downed the two injured survivors that had been chasing him for minutes, downed the third survivor who tried to go in for rescue injured, and then I was forced to trade and the person off hook did nothing, so it was a 4k slug and bleed out.

Turns out after game the person was p100. I know prestige doesn't indicate skill, but I don't know how you get that much time invested and not learn how to run shack, etc.

Fry on
  • Options

Shuffle extended for another week and a half.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 28
    Killer Klowns is out now, though I'm not sure it'll last longer than TCM/Evil Dead/whatever, though maybe the devs won't be giant asses and buy themselves an extra month or two. 7 survivors, 3 killers. But it's set up like TCM where there's multiple ways to escape that you need to gather stuff for each exit, but the exits are randomly spread/generated, and I saw one game where two people spawned right next to an exit with both things needed, so were out within about 30 seconds. So discord coordination utterly nutterly breaks it, and since survivors can fight back/revive themselves, you've got that can of worms to deal with, as I've seen a couple clips of a single survivor wiping the entire clown team. It's also super buggy.

And in other news, BHVR decided to announce that they've hired a bunch of 'player consultants' who were under NDA, but no longer (at least as far as their own existence), which has pissed off both a number of Fog Whisperers for having the secret club for people whose opinions ACTUALLY matter (supposedly), which is a SECOND secret club because apparently only a certain set of selected FWs got to pre-play the Lights Out modifier and have videos ready to go ahead of time. And a number of past consultants because apparently this isn't the first iteration of this program, just not with status symbols before, and they seemingly never listened to any feedback to begin with.

I would think that this would be a good thing in general, but apparently this particular iteration of the secret club has been around for at least 6 months, and its existence seemingly did nothing whatsoever to stop the horrendous Twins rework PTB where they had to throw out virtually everything and everybody could plainly see it was a disaster, nor the UE update that fucked the game entirely for weeks, so it really begs asking what it IS accomplishing if it's been around all this time. What feedback from these people HAVE they taken?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 28
    I saw a claim that the super double secret consultancy club has been around since the original release of Legion, which is wild if true.

At least one Fog Whisperer has publicly quit, because bhvr apparently implied that that program (FW) is just for paid shills. And I don't blame anyone for not wanting that association.

Fry on
  • Options
    Unpaid shills, really, since I don't think they actually get anything but a small allowance for cosmetics, and have to abide by BHVR's "never be negative" policy. And yeah, Spookyloopz was really pissed about it, and where I heard that there was an extra slice of Fog Whisperers that got added preference and special perks over the others, which I think also caused a bunch of friction. But then announcing that there's an actual group that the devs DO listen to (supposedly), and it ain't them? That immediately drives the audience to those other people instead, which is a pretty big fuck you to their 'brand ambassadors.'

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 30
    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/451-developer-update-may-2024-ptb

Minor buffs to virtually every aspect of Vecna's kit. He might've been on the weaker side, but there's not really any decent counterplay to Mage Hand in particular, so that has me worried as they basically re-created old Chucky where you're just on a 38 second timer before he automatically gets a hit, except now with a 115 killer.

Blight Iri buffed, because they can't stop touching it in inappropriate and unhealthy ways.

Bardic lingering duration increased.

Weave Attunement (see aura near dropped items) pretty majorly buffed to 12m from 8.

Dark Arrogance vault speed buffed, but still, why not just run Bamboozle?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 3
    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/452-8-0-0-dungeons-dragons

D&D patch is live. On a Monday, FOR SOME REASON. (The reason is China). Anniversary stuff starts in two weeks.

Also 2x BP and exp for the next 9 days.

E:
    Aaand Decisive Strike is completely bugged and stunning killers for literally random amounts of time, between like 2-5 seconds.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I think all three of the survivor perks look fun, so I might give them some money. Maybe I'll wait a bit into anniversary though, on the off chance some of the perks make it into the shop sooner. (Some of the Alan Wake and Nic Cage perks got into rotation shockingly fast. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on at least one of the Yoichi perks)

• Options
    edited June 3
    Mage Hand is bugged right now and if you're stunned while casting it, it finishes regardless, removing even the slightest amount of counterplay, doubly so with Enduring, which they've confirmed is a bug.

E:
    Be careful on the new map too. It's super buggy and can softlock you when you use a portal. It's also spawning double pallets, one inside the other, so you can drop one to stun the killer, and then drop the second one to stun them when they're breaking the first.

It can also spawn pallets just... out in the open. Connected to absolutely nothing.

Oh, and you know how you're supposed to be able to duck under the skeletons? Well, tough shit. You can't right now.

E2:
    Yeeep. First game I played had a Steve who was AFK and then instantly killed himself on hook (Bubba with Lethal) and second was a Vecna and someone got stuck in a portal so they humped them and then bled them out. God, BHVR. Fix your fucking bullshit.

DS is also bugged in additional ways too. It turns off, but maintains the timer when you do a conspicuous action.

E3:
    Yeeeeah. Maybe it's just the dude I just went against whose Steam profile was literally full of Nazi bullshit, but I may be taking another break here, because I haven't had a single pleasant game. Every Vecna has been a camping sweatlord, and the other killers have just been camping at 16.01 m to instantly tunnel. And this isn't even including the fucking FOUR Black Wards I dodged.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Love the people who are sweating balls on day one of the new content, yeah. I guess that's my bad for not getting on PTB and learning the new map stone cold.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Love the people who are sweating balls on day one of the new content, yeah. I guess that's my bad for not getting on PTB and learning the new map stone cold.

I can tell you that I hate the new map already as survivor. It's like Gideon where it SEEMS big, but instead of every pallet being mindless to play, every pallet is absolutely garbage. You are literally always in the killer's TR but have no idea if they're right next to you or effectively on the opposite side of the map. The portals make it even more fucky because the killer can just appear right around the corner, instantly. I think both entering and leaving probably need to have the channel increased by about a second for both sides just to make that less obnoxious. I really hate the recent map design philosophy of having more pallets, but every one of them being utter garbage. It just makes WoO even more necessary and even basic M1 killers easily play around them, while you just straight up die to ranged/anti-loop ones.

I don't know if it's quite survivor or killer sided though as I've been able to run killers pretty well just by kind of weaving in and out of portals in very long protracted hold W bits. One dude was streaming and I went back and looked, and what seemed to be happening (aside from missing a couple hits) is that every time I went into a portal, he got confused as to which way I went, which let me make a bit more distance. Parts of it being indoors and scratch marks being fucky in general in indoor areas also helped. It absolutely was not actual looping though. So I *think* the main building is pretty strong for survivors in that sense, but the problem is that it's smack in the middle of the map and doing that passes by at least three gens.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 4
    I like* the part at the very bottom of the lower level, that has a bad one-way window to get in and only one way out, and like three absolutely garbage pallets. It's like the clock tower on Midwich, except it doesn't even have the LOS blocker to allow mind games.

Also, maybe my geometry is off, but I found a basement connected to the upper level, and I think the basement itself actually ends up being above the lower level, which is kind of interesting.

Oh, also I hate getting to see upskirt on Vecna when he moves away with Fly. Please no

I don't know if it's a bug or what, but as a survivor, I was getting aura reads on other, non moving survivors; I assume that's them having the new Still Sight perk, and it being bugged or the description being wrong

Fry on
  • Options
    Blight's also turbo bugged and if you rush close/fast enough to a pallet, it just explodes without putting you in CD at all. So that's extra cool.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    There are pallets spawning with objects only on one side. So it's basically worthless, as the pallet falls against nothing and is the unsafest pallet on the planet.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 4
    So, Vecna's Flight of the Damned. It apparently has a hitbox when it spawns in, and a second one when it starts moving. ie If they're riding your ass and summon it on top of you, you can be double tapped by it and lose two healthstates at once. Which, sure, relatively hard in a chase. But unhooking? You can insta-down both people at once.

Which also gets back to the problem of ducking it being buggy and not working, because like Knight, it's pretty trivial to use it to doubletap people to start with. And if you duck it to force the M1, you might just get insta-downed anyway.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    bvhr is laying off nearly 100 employees because the number isn’t going up fast enough

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    they say dead by daylight's team wasn't affected so I have to imagine the meet your maker team just got decimated basically. which fucking sucks still.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I haven't gotten double tapped yet, but I did take an instant hit from a skelly spawning directly on top of me, which was pretty bullshit.

Seems like bad design that any tiny difference in elevation can make the projectiles non-duckable. Since there are some maps that have a ton of that (swamp) and plenty of maps that don't. I'm also not a fan of there being an add-on that also makes them non-duckable (fortunately, it's iridescent)

I'd actually be ok with even more completely garbage pallets, as long as there are still a good number of usable pallets. Garbage pallets at least give you something to flop under and make the killer at least think about whether there might be another survivor nearby. Though in my bracket, nobody saves anyway, it's been weeks since I've seen a pallet or flashlight save.

• Options
    edited June 5
    I thought they already laid off the entire Meet Your Maker team the last time they laid off around a hundred people earlier this year.

Also warms my heart so much to see DBD's 'consultants' exploiting the absolute shit out of the Blight bug to grief people. Really did an amazing job picking these people, BHVR.

E:
    And in case you wanted another way DS is broken, against Vecna, the stun is longer, similar to other bugged killers, but after it ends, you get put permanently into the wiggle status and can't interact with anything. Pallets, gens, windows, etc. Until he hits you again.

How in the everliving FUCK did changing a 5 to a 4 cause the entire perk to absolutely fucking break everything?

Also, also, I never knew this, but if you stand directly under an active Skull Merchant drone for about 2 seconds, it automatically injures and clawtraps you. Fringe thing, yeah? Well, guess what exiting a portal with a drone over it does. Killswitch the fucking map, BHVR. You did it for RPD on its release. Between the softlocks, major bugs, and outright exploits, this shit needs another week in testing. Which I know you didn't lay off because you clearly don't do any of it.

Oh, it's not just Vecna. Blight too. Fucking awesome. Fucking killswitch Blight immediately, you jackasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvB_alxKpA

E2:
    Oh, it's even worse than that. If you enter a locker while in the bugged state, you become completely invincible. Just... just fucking awesome.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 7
    Dev says Mage Hand pallet lift time will be getting nerfed back to what it was on PTB, as well as a slight range nerf (was that at all a problem?!). As well as fixing the thing where mage hand would still lift even if you were pallet stunned.

No mention of any other changes. I had a scenario where the lich was able to unavoidably hit both me fresh off hook as well as the person unhooking with a single cast of the ghosts, which was especially bullshit because we were in basement at the time, so it was basically free to basic attack me before I could get to shack window or pallet.

Edit: just had an interesting map bug on the old Borgo map (Shattered Square). One of the structures from that realm had a window on it, that was blocked with rubble on the other side. From the rubble side, no interaction, from the other side, you could vault it, but you would land in the same place you started. Killer was a total sweat lord though and didn't want to look at it, because of course.

Edit: lol, reddit poster has video of a game on Temple of Purgation, they used the Hand of Vecna and got teleported into the enclosed area on the lower floor of main. Get ducked for not having done that gen

Fry on
  • Options
    edited June 7
    Riddle me this.

https://x.com/SatelliteHS94/status/1798072164312383661

Fourth clip is three survivors all crouched vs Flight of the Damned. Two get hit, one doesn't. Apparently, playing Ace lets you crouch under skeletons, but David and Sable means you always get hit. Not even gender differences at this point. Depends on... character? Cosmetic? The fuck is going on in your code and how is shit like this not tested?

E:
    People are finding shit-tons of bugs with the new map too. I think my 'favorite' is that box spawns for Pinhead are completely broken on it. The box will always spawn on the surface level, and because it's so small, essentially ignores distance rules, so can spawn at the start of the game literally right in front of a survivor or even Pinhead.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 8
    I think my plan right now as survivor on the new map, is run to the portal at the back of the tower, that teleports you into the middle of one of two good linked loops that will always be there. Good luck breaking the three gen up top if the killer chooses to play it, though.

Edit: you can be grabbed out of the portals on the new map, wish I knew that before I gave a skull merchant a free down that way

Edit: had an extremely blatant cheater just now, been a while since I've seen one of those. Literal flying, remote healing and remote sabotage.

Fry on
  • Options
    Wow, Weave Attunement is dumb. Especially in conjunction with Franklins, but it's still very silly even just by itself.