As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dead By Daylight] Feature, or Bug? We Inflict It, You Decide

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Developer Update | Finishing Mori

Text
    Bring the trial to a gruesome end with a Finishing Mori.

A hint of each Killer’s character shines through with their Mori, whether that’s The Trickster’s showmanship or The Hag’s… questionable diet. The only way to see these animations currently is to use a Memento Mori offering or equip one of only a few select Perks, leading to them rarely being seen. Moreover, Moris have garnered a somewhat negative reputation over the years, being used out of spite against a particular Survivor.

This upcoming Public Test Build (PTB) will feature an early version of the new Finishing Mori system. Unlike most PTBs, this feature will not be going live in the following update. There’s still some work to be done before it’s ready to be released, but we wanted to give you an opportunity to try it out and share your thoughts in advance!
    Last Standing

When all other Survivors are dead, dying, hooked, or have escaped, you become the Last Standing. Both your and the Killer’s senses are heightened, granting you a wider field of view. Rescuing a Survivor will end the Last Standing phase. But being downed as the final Survivor, on the other hand, will trigger the Finishing Mori.

When the last Survivor is downed, the trial will draw to a climactic end. Both the Survivor and Killer will be moved to a preset point on the map, free of any obstructions that may get in the way, and the Killer’s Mori animation will begin. Any Survivors still in the trial will be killed by The Entity and treated like a sacrifice.
    Hope Is Not Lost

With this new system in place, leaving Survivors on the ground (A.K.A. ‘Slugging’) may seem more appealing, opening the possibility of ending the match early. But the Survivors aren’t going to give up without a fight: After being left on the ground for 45 seconds, Survivors will now gain the ability to pick themselves up without the need of any Perks. This time is affected by recovery speed effects.
    Perk Updates

With both the Mori and the ability to pick yourself up now part of the base kit, a handful of Perks that grant these abilities will need adjustments. Therefore:

The ability to pick yourself up has been removed from Unbreakable, Soul Guard, No Mither, and Boon: Exponential, as this is now part of the base kit.
    The ability to Mori Survivors has been removed from Rancor and Hex: Devour Hope, as this is now part of the base kit.

In addition, some of these perks will have changes made for the PTB. However, since this is an early preview, the in-game descriptions have not yet been updated. These are:

Unbreakable: Now increases dying self-recovery speed by 80/90/100%.
    Rancor: Once all generators are powered, the Obsession’s aura is revealed for 5 seconds, and they are permanently inflicted with the Exposed Status Effect.
    Hex: Devour Hope: Once 5 tokens have been earned, any Survivor placed on a hook is instantly sacrificed.

As always, we’ll be keeping a close eye on your feedback for any of the affected perks.
    Memento Mori Offerings

With the Finishing Mori being triggered automatically when the last Survivor is downed, Memento Mori Offerings no longer have any use and will also receive an update. These offerings will now award a bounty of Bloodpoints based on the number of Survivors killed if you earn a Finishing Mori.

Cypress Memento Mori: Gain 8,000 Bloodpoints if at least 2 Survivors are killed and the match ends in a Finishing Mori.
    Ivory Memento Mori: Gain 12,000 Bloodpoints if at least 3 Survivors are killed and the match ends in a Finishing Mori.
    Ebony Memento Mori: Gain 20,000 Bloodpoints if at least 4 Survivors are killed and the match ends in a Finishing Mori.

Much like the Perk changes listed above, please keep in mind that these Offering changes will not be released without the Finishing Mori system.

The Finishing Mori system, anti-slugging mechanic, and other changes mentioned in this post will be available for testing during next week’s Public Test Build. As a reminder, these new features will not be a part of the 6.3.0 update: This is an early preview that is not yet ready for release. We would like to gather your feedback early as we continue developing these features to make their eventual release as smooth as possible.

Until next time…

The Dead by Daylight team

Huh

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Veeeery interesting. It hits certain super shitty play styles and some griefing really hard. Like slugging Nurse, Oni, and Myers But at the same time, that's a huge nerf to Unbreakable, and doesn't at all address tunneling. Maybe camping if you can figure out some crazy play under the hook, but I think that's marginal. I think it's a good change overall, but bigger issues remain.

I don't like the mori thing. I like shepherding/carrying the last to the hatch. I'll adapt though. It's not a big deal, but I do feel it's a clunky mechanic where they could be using it to incentive healthy/fun behavior.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I've had more than a couple recent games where I was left to bleed out, including a couple where the killer just stood over me rather than hooking even though everyone was down. So I'm fine with that garbage going away.

I also like that it will make end game against sweaty killers who slug for 4k either go faster (when they get the last knockdown) or at least have some gameplay (if they can't get that knockdown, you can get back up and go find a gen or whatever)

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Yeah. I think I missed that recovery speed increases also affect how fast you can pick yourself up, so that's actually a massive buff to Unbreakable. Almost maybe too powerful maybe. If you go down under a pallet, and another survivor is nearby, the killer can't really pick them up, and being able to chase off the other person within ~25 seconds is dicey. But that does mean more risky plays and fewer people on gens, so... maybe it's a wash? I don't know. I'm still strongly in favor of the change, or any change to stop griefers. Do that, and then balance from there.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I think the basekit standup stuff is fine but unbreakable is Way too much and I really hope that doesn't make it to live.

I'm a little iffy on the rest of it though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    This is all fine.

So what if Unbreakable lets you recover that much faster. It won’t get you up. Slugging taking a hard hit doesn’t bother me. It’s a boring and dumb way to play.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Viskod wrote: »
    This is all fine.

So what if Unbreakable lets you recover that much faster. It won’t get you up. Slugging taking a hard hit doesn’t bother me. It’s a boring and dumb way to play.
    it will get you up is the thing.

" After being left on the ground for 45 seconds, Survivors will now gain the ability to pick themselves up without the need of any Perks. This time is affected by recovery speed effects." drops that timer in half.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Self pickup after 45 seconds isn't going to hurt anyone playing "normally", that's a good deal longer than it currently takes to get yourself to 95% recovered. Add in a little extra time for someone to run over and pick you up, it's pretty much the same (except that people don't have to actually come pick you up).

If anything, I'm expecting to lose more solo queue games because people don't get off generators to pick people up.

• Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    This is all fine.

it will get you up is the thing.

" After being left on the ground for 45 seconds, Survivors will now gain the ability to pick themselves up without the need of any Perks. This time is affected by recovery speed effects." drops that timer in half.

Oh well even better.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Yeah, that's maybe an issue? Not sure if it genuinely is. Intentionally going down under a pallet with another survivor nearby is still risky as absolute shit. I think it's potentially too big an issue for Twins, and maybe for things like Huntress for those long distance snipes. But it's healthy for far far far more situations.

I could see two possible ways to address it. Either it works in that way, that you can recover faster, but not pick yourself up for 45 seconds, full stop, or automatically have Incapacitated and Exhausted for like 5 seconds after picking yourself up so you can't instantly drop a pallet/DH/sprint away.

Weirdly, Otz seems to think this is mainly a killer buff since it instantly ends games once everybody's slugged/hooked without giving them any opportunity to use Unbreakable/Deliverance/wiggle off/4%/crawl out.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    it is very unfortunately ANOTHER buff for nurse. who can and will just slug everyone within 45 seconds with starstruck.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Maybe. I think she'd struggle to do that because people will scatter, and one Unbreakable on almost anybody will make that timer really hard.

But camping/tunnelling someone out tilts that pretty hard for her.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Yeah, that's maybe an issue? Not sure if it genuinely is. Intentionally going down under a pallet with another survivor nearby is still risky as absolute shit. I think it's potentially too big an issue for Twins, and maybe for things like Huntress for those long distance snipes. But it's healthy for far far far more situations.

I could see two possible ways to address it. Either it works in that way, that you can recover faster, but not pick yourself up for 45 seconds, full stop, or automatically have Incapacitated and Exhausted for like 5 seconds after picking yourself up so you can't instantly drop a pallet/DH/sprint away.

Weirdly, Otz seems to think this is mainly a killer buff since it instantly ends games once everybody's slugged/hooked without giving them any opportunity to use Unbreakable/Deliverance/wiggle off/4%/crawl out.

Nobody getting 4 downs within 45 seconds from the first without the survivors helping them do it.

Stay spread out is just the universal rule.

• Options
    oh BTW I just looked back and I wouldn't REALLY call a slugging oni Griefing because that's...just how his power works. it's not the player's fault that if they down someone in 5 seconds with their power, and then pick up they just get taken out of power immediately, unlike myers. like yeah they keep the charges but there's no guarantee there's gonna be blood orbs available for pickup.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The way this is going to go is that the sky is going to be falling as usual, the PTB will come out and people will make all kinds of unrealistic perks based around making recovery time as short as possible to highlight what can be done in the extreme, and then Behaviour will make changes.

I imagine after the PTB shows these changes off they'll take away the ability of recovery speeds to shorten the amount of time before you can pick yourself up.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Man, this mid-chapter patch is looking bleak. Nothing in the PTR is coming to live. None of the huge-ass bugs that have been in the game for months are getting fixed, even the gamebreaking ones (ie We'll Make It). The Kindred, Hag, and Clown bugs all remain. And even the places they picked to teleport you to for this new mori system are buggy and frequently cause animations to clip into walls and shit. At least one map brings you to the basement, which is obviously going to look like shit.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I would argue that it not going right to live after the PTB is a Good move and they should do it more. It allows them time to take feedback and actually do something about it instead of maybe tweak some numbers and go "Yeah that's good enough" like most PTBs

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I still would have liked to see... anything though. Halloween's coming right up too . Maybe they'll have something for that since that's one of the 'big' events according to them, but on the other hand, last year was just kicking pumpkins and re-run of blight serum.

Also, you know you ran the killer well at the start when two gens pop as you go down despite Corrupt.

And I do not feel bad at all for the Oni who facecamped at two gens into three Reassurances.

E:
    Also, the leaks are... a thing.
    Next chapter is apparently For Honor crossover.

And they accidentally uploaded the splash screen for the next tome in the PTR, which includes the stoned Ghostface mask from Scary Movie as a cosmetic, so get ready to see a shitton of Ghostfaces.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I saw Otz's video on Awakened Awareness on Spirit and had to give it a try. It is... uh... extremely effective. Farm map. Lethal gave me a quick first down. Hauled the Claudette halfway across the map to where I knew two other survivors were. Just barely caught sight of them before hooking. Didn't even need to phase to down the first, who was stealthing around a corner. Quick phase to get the second, both insta-downs from Starstruck, and both chucked into the basement... which as I was dropping the second in, AA shows me Feng hiding in a locker at the top. So that's three in the basement in about a 30 second span, and the game is essentially over at that point. Feng did 4% and pulled the other two off, so it wasn't QUITE over, but there was no coming back from that.

Next one, Gideon. People spawned in the bathroom. Got a yoink right off the gen, immediately dropped and insta-downed the other. Again, as I'm dumping them in the basement, I see someone stealthing up top. They actually ran, but the two in the basement killed themselves.

Not a single gen got done in either game.

I don't know if I like it more than Furin shenanigans, but goddamn. If Starstruck procs vs a Spirit, get the fuck away ASAP. AA with Phase is fucking brutal. Even without Startstruck for that matter.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Plaything is in the shrine today. First time I think it's been available that way.

• Options
    Glenvale three fucking times in a fucking row with no map offerings.

I am so sick of this community event already.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA-oQpNstQE

There are going to be so many Ghostfaces for the next month.

I really like those Hag and Artist costumes though.

Candy weapons for killers are... an interesting choice. I mean, I'd prefer more goofy shit like the Legion bunny costumes/elephant Clown, but these seem more off-putting and than an actual silly theme.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/355-6-3-0-mid-chapter

Oh my fucking god, they finally fucking fixed the Kindred/Bitter Murmur bug.

Thank fucking Christ.
    E: Apparently they didn't actually fix it. Come the fuck on, BHVR.

Also, new Hag theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FW2wM3LO7Q

And apparently there's datamined new Myers chase music too... which just sounds like they started wailing on pipes.

No particularly insane challenges for this rift either, which is nice. Though what the fuck are these pink rifts. You have to sneak up on them? What?

Also some very light anti-hacker things. Trials auto-end after an hour or 5 minutes after EGC starts. And somehow completely broke Huntress's Lullaby of all perks. Uh, okay. And an accidental buff to Flashbang, because why not?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/363-developer-update-october-2022

Survivor bots coming (for custom games only) in next update, and blinds being made much more forgiving to get saves. Also removing locker tech.

Still no word on the camping/tunnelling epidemic though! I'm old enough to remember when they wrote an entire paragraph about how survivors shouldn't feel like they need to bring perks to counter camping/tunnelling... and then released a killer specifically designed to tunnel. And have since declared how great a job they did. I honestly feel like it's the BBQ nerf that has shifted killer behavior the most, but no matter what the cause, it's almost unplayable as survivor right now.

So enjoy this weekend of the least friendly to new players game imaginable being free to new players to try.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    If one wanted to theoretically get back into DBD when the last update they played was like...Nemesis?

What should one know

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Karoz wrote: »
    If one wanted to theoretically get back into DBD when the last update they played was like...Nemesis?

What should one know

Survivor or killer?

Generators take longer.

Killers got minor buffs to basically everything, but M1 killers still struggle, largely because of a specific boon (survivor version of hexes that they can set up instead of cleansing a totem), specifically Circle of Healing (gives Self-Care and WMI while nearby).

Self-Care has been nerfed repeatedly. It's practically a killer perk at this point, it takes so long to heal yourself. This also makes medkits much more popular than in the past.

Decisive Strike is now useless and you will not see it/it is not worth using which makes all the other anti-tunnelling perks also largely useless.

Borrowed Time is now baseline for all unhooks but for a very short time. You're unlikely to see it either since it doesn't dissuade tunnelling at all anymore.

Ruin was nerfed into the ground, and Pop Goes the Weasel nerfed almost as hard. You're unlikely to see or want to use either. The meta regression perks right now are Call of Brine (Sadako, accelerated regression after kick and notification when worked on), Overcharge (Doctor, gradual accelerated regression plus difficult skill check to stop) (especially combined with Brine), Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance (Artist, turn 4 random hooks into special hooks that automatically pop and regress the most progressed gen when a survivor is hooked on them), and Jolt (formerly Demo, now generic, nearby gens explode and regress on M1 downs).

BBQ also had its BP bonus removed, so almost nobody runs it any more, which means...

Camping/Tunnelling is currently absolutely rampant because of the killer buffs/longer gen times and additional passive gen stall perks means that it's extremely difficult to beat, especially when people run 4 gen stall perks, unless you come in with pure gen-blasting builds and excellent efficiency. Multiple recent killers also have powers that help them do that, making things worse.

Hand in hand with this is survivors DCing/killing themselves when hooked. Survivor queue has been basically instant since the big balance patch, combined with the above, has survivors nope-ing out of games for any reason whatsoever significantly more.

Blight and Nurse remain complete bullshit, possibly even more than before since both benefit from the killer buffs and have had a lot of their jank evened out, so they're easier than ever to pick up with no meaningful counterplay. Spirit too, but she's been greatly nerfed from her previous form (now emits a noise in phase so you can sort of tell where she is, or at least if she's near).

You'll probably see a lot of Weskers, who are also bullshit. Basically a Nurse who has to respect obstacles, but moves at regular speed, has a huge TR, and hitting with his power forces you to cleanse (signals location) or you become slowed and insta-downable. Basically all of them hover around the edge of hooks, use their power to rush back on unhooks, and then tunnel because you're fucked in about 30 seconds regardless.

The other new killers between Nemesis and Wesker are fairly unpopular and most are seen as weak, though a lot decimate solo queue teams since they have innate slowdown that requires coordination to deal with.

Prestiging is now mandatory, and costs 20k BP, but you don't lose perks/add-ons. P1 unlocks all a character's perks on everybody (same as unlocking as a teachable before). P2 and 3 do the same for tier 2 and 3. 4-6 are the bloody cosmetics. Everything in the bloodweb is cheaper too. Depending on what level a character was and how many perks they had before this change, they may have been already granted some levels. Be careful though, because this also means that rare add-ons are now much rarer since they almost never appear in low level bloodwebs.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Off the Record got buffed a lot, it's sort of ok for being anti tunnel. Though ironically it's more obnoxious if the killer isn't being a dick, and it gets flipped around to bully a nice killer

Biggest change was Dead Hard. No speed burst, no iframes. Now it gives you 0.5 seconds of Endurance. If you get hit during that time, it's even better than before, as killer goes into hit stun, and you get the usual "got hit" speed boost. It's way, way harder to use for free windows and pallets though. Overall a net nerf.

And like Arc said, Decisive Strike ate like three nerfs all in the same patch, when it probably only needed one. It is complete garbage now unless you need stuns for a challenge or something.

Fry on
  • Options
    OTR is... okay, but I have honestly never seen it once used like that. It now gives self-Endurance/Iron Will for a long period after unhooking, but you lose Endurance by touching a gen or healing someone, but not by being healed, so in theory, you can be healed, and then take two hits, but that requires a lot of coordination, for killers to already not be tunnelling when most will just hit you straight off the unhook and not give a shit either way, and to get hit twice in pretty quick succession. It also doesn't work in endgame at all which is really the only time you want to be aggressively bodyblocking like that considering the default hard tunnelling, so even at best, you would only think about doing that after your first unhook since the second is just killing yourself in someone else's place. It's not like Decisive Strike though where a killer still gets some slowdown for leaving you slugged (which lets Unbreakable work too), or risks a big stun by picking you up. It also overwrites Borrowed Time and Dead Hard whereas DS would work to empower both.

Also, I forgot that Dead Hard was reworked too, and it's much less prevalent now. You can't use it for distance, and instead of I-Frames it gives you .5 seconds of Endurance, so it's hard to time, though is good against certain killers who have to commit to attacks (eg Blight/Nurse), but less so against regular ones except at tight loops. Iron Will was also nerfed super hard and is essentially an exhaustion perk now since exhaustion turns it off completely, but you'll just rarely see it anymore period.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Next chapter PTB is up.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/364-6-4-0-ptb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxNHubjkVo

New killer is The Knight. Basically, he can summon guards. Guards can either be ordered to do things like kick a pallet or gen, or patrol an area (need to set up the entire patrol route, so takes a while), and if set to patrol, will chase and try to injure survivors with fast zombie AI for a limited time. There are three types that it rotates through. One does actions faster. One has a longer patrol duration. One can phase through walls while chasing and causes Deep Wound on hits. They can be disabled while chasing by grabbing their banner (dropped when they start to chase), unhooking, or just timing them out.

Perks are:

Kick gen, reveal nearby survivors

Survivor is temporarily exposed when stunning you

Injuring a survivor hexes them, and causes all survivors outside your TR to scream and reveal themselves every 20 seconds or so until the hexed survivor is healed or into dying, which also turns off the totem. Cleansing the totem while this is active permanently disables it.

All seem decent to strong. Stealth is just a fucking bad idea at this point. The exposed one seems like the weakest, but probably has value with Spirit Fury and maybe on something like Hag.

Killer seems completely broken with massive passive stall. He occupies at least two survivors at a time easily, and can block large areas at will, so tunnelling someone out means that the other three basically can no longer progress the game, period.

Belated Edit:

Okay, seeing his power and how it looks from the survivor side, it's a bit weaker than my first impression. You can see both where he's placing waypoints and the guard's trigger area. They can't really occupy a survivor on their own because just running in a circle brings you back to the banner and deactivates the hunt. He also acts like Spirit in phase for setting guards/patrols, so can't see scratch marks or survivors, and when guards spawn, they walk backwards towards where the knight started to place it, so they're kind of shit for patrols and countered similar to Artist where you just hold forward.

Suvivor perks are:

Weird one. You can basically store charges on it while repairing a gen and then dump them to insta-progress a gen. But you're working at a 50% rate penalty, and lose all charges if you get hit (and some if you fail skill checks).

Great skillchecks on gens reveal the killer's aura.

While being chased, survivors near you get a big speedboost to gen repair.

Again, they seem decent, but I'm skeptical of their actual use. The first one feels like the best, because you can run it with Prove Thyself, and bank progress instead of suffering the penalty, and then immediately dump all the extra into another gen. So it will make you blast through gens at the start and get off to an early lead. But later in the match? I guess you can activate it while a gen is 99ed when you know you're safe and then dump all into a different gen after finishing it. Can't see it being used later in matches though, and if this was good, that one Yun-Jin perk would have seen use and ain't nobody runs it. The second is just a better Alert. It's good for solos, but useless for SWFs. The last seems too risky to be good.

New map looks nice, but apparently it's super small, which almost always means extremely strong for killers.

Also, as if going against Wesker didn't already suck enough, people have figured out there's a bug with his momentum so that if you turn sideways after you dash and hit something (ie a wall), instead of bouncing like you should by your actual movement, it thinks you're not colliding with anything, so you slide off in the direction you're facing, preserving your momentum. Basically, you zip instantly around corners and can then immediately dash again.

Fucking lovely.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    the great skillchecks one is godlike honestly. no range, no cooldown, just basically always be able to tell where a killer is when you're working on a gen.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Maybe for solo queue, but it doesn't work against stealth killers, and SWFs will call out if they're being chased anyway. It feels like at worst, it'll be similar to old Object, but a bit stronger. SWFs can get a lot of value from it, but they're already getting like 75% of that value just be being on comms. It is yet another hard counter to Trapper and Hag, and I guess a possible substitute for Kindred to at least show camping asshats.

The Knight's power is also a lot jankier than it first seemed. Setting a patrol is actually usually really dumb and stupid. It takes quite a bit of time and it patrols along the line you drew backwards towards where you were, which is unlikely to be useful in any way. But if you just tap it, the guard A.) stays at that spot for the entire duration, so can easily camp gens or hooks, especially things like basement or corner, and B.) if you're near a survivor, say, at a loop, it just instantly aggros and starts chasing, giving a basically unavoidable hit. At the same time though, he's otherwise a basic bitch M1 killer and isn't going to be able to cut through health states like the top tier or exert distant pressure like Artist, so he's almost more at Clown level as far as being able to get injures/downs fast with his power, but otherwise they're just a gimmicky way to break pallets/kick gens a little faster.

EXCEPT he has two purple add-ons that are broken as shit. The one that gives aura read 'near' pallets (24 m) works for ALL pallets, dropped or not. And this is the first guard active. So it's literally full map aura read that he has ready at the start of the trial, or more when combined with the add-on that makes that guard come up more. And the other one makes all survivors 36m away FROM THE GUARD's SPAWN scream. Combined with DMS, you can lock every gen being worked on every time you hook. Or hugely regress healing if using Sloppy. Or just send him to a distant corner so everybody screams, even those near you. Both these are just passive bonuses for using those guards to kick a gen or break a pallet. And you can use both. So twice a minute, for about 2 seconds of tap-using your power, get either full aura read on the map, or aura read and interruption on all survivors outside your TR. And your power recharges 3 seconds after the guard expires, which is 2/12 seconds for the first guard for breaking/patrol, 6/12 for the second, or 6/24 for the third. So at absolute most, you're only like 30 seconds away from mapwide aura reads, and most of the time, far less.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Darkness Revealed is already full map aura reads every 30 seconds, and that hasn't broken the meta open that I've noticed. I guess having it in an add-on slot is nice.

• Options
    Sorry I keep co-oping this thread but Evil Dead: The Game will be free on Epic Game Store from November 18th - November 25th

Also the Ghostbusters game is out? Any opinions on that?

• Options
    It's supposedly pretty bad at the moment. There are a bunch of obvious "what the fuck were they thinking" issues that still need to be ironed out. Top of the list is that it'll replace players with bots if they leave/DC, but also backfill you into games in progress with no way to opt out. So you can queue up as a ghost and be dropped into a game that's already unwinnable. The map generation is apparently super duper bad too, and the rifts that the 'survivor' team needs to find and destroy spawn extremely predictably, so once you've played a few games and know where they spawn, the entire mechanic where they're meant to be hidden and need to be searched out is toast. There's also a shitload of mashing, stunlock, and screenshake if you're playing as a ghost, plus you can't rebind/reconfigure keys at all.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oof yeah, watched a little twitch stream of it and it was over in a big hurry.
    Here's to hoping for killer clowns :P

• Options
    Reminder that Evil Dead: The Game is free on the Epic Game Store until November 24th.

If you have a craving for Asymmetrical PvP game and actually want to fight as a survivor, recommend to check out this game.

Also has solo missions and Survivors vs AI demon modes.

• Options
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354969

Minor changes from PTB. The Knight's two busted "see everybody on the map on command" add-ons are massively nerfed, guards activate much faster and are harder to cancel by picking up the banner.

Absolutely nothing about the endless plague of facecamping, tunnelling, and DCs. You know, the things their big rework was supposed to address and stop, but instead made massively worse and then they declared job well done.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight patch is live, along with it full bot matches, which I used to check out two killers I've never touched before, Oni and Slinger. And, uh, yeah. I'd hate to be trying to get used to the awkwardness of their stuff in an actual match with actual people. The bots are definitely dumb/weird though. They run big/safe loops perfectly, but love to go to windows or dropped pallets and then camp them, even the most unsafe ones in the world like the tiny z-walls on the edges of maps. They also never cleanse bad statuses or the like, so against Wesker, you get the one chase, and then they're just full infected for the rest of the game.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ooookay, apparently this patch is a massive fucking garbage fire.

1.) They increased the pallet spawn on the new map to ridiculous levels. As in there's more pallets on it than Gideon, while also being the size of fucking Red Forest. And even with the red haze filter toned down, it's still impossible to see scratch marks on it. The only thing that's mitigating that a bit is:

2.) They massively increased the spawn rate of random objects across all maps (eg bushes and rocks, tire piles on Autohaven, etc), so now there's random obstacles all over the place where there used to be none. Not only does this fuck up standard tiles by doing things like spawning rocks next to shack window, but it's also creating a ton of narrow little passages that survivors can go through but killers can't, or that LOOK like anybody can pass through, but nobody can, and this is especially bad on the new map with all its little piles of shit and knee high fences.

3.) You can now (sort of) escape through the hatch while being carried. You get the score event for it, it plays the animation, all of that, but you don't actually escape. While being carried.

4.) Inner Healing/Strength is AAAAAAALL the way broken right now. If any one person brings it, it applies to all survivors in every way. If anybody breaks a totem, it activates for everybody. If anybody then enters a locker, they heal and it deactivates for everybody.

5.) The Knight is bugged up in a hojillion ways. He can achieve super speed if he's stunned while using his power. He can completely lose his power by the guard not spawning. Banners/guard spawn points don't clear so they end up strewn all over the map. Their pathfinding is still super weird and they sometimes try to follow the path a survivor took, even if they double backed or weaved back and forth, making it impossible to catch up.

6.) Separate because this is gamebreaking. His position is only updated when he moves, which seems minor, but it counts him setting guard spawn as his position. So if you send a guard spawn very far away and then don't move, his position is marked as being like 30m away from where he actually is. Meaning that you can hook someone, set a patrol point far away, and now you can facecamp but still get the benefits of MYC, Devour Hope, Monstrous Shrine, etc.

7.) The very old bug where killers can stand on survivors heads is back. So if you jump down a hole, they can land on your head and get stuck there.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I got one match on the new map last night, as survivor. Could not find a pallet to save my life. Several buildings have half-open windows that don't actually function as DBD windows, so if you run to them you will just die. Also got tripped up on knee-high obstacles around several corners, resulting in free hits. It was pretty awful.

I did notice some extra junk leaning on the Shack exterior on Garden of Joy a couple times, that was certainly interesting. I thought it was just a wrinkle to that map I hadn't previously noticed.

Fry on