As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I am finally "Nice Smelling", i just need 40 more seeds for... what am i for again?
    so you can ascend
    640exgtje6y7.jpg

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    managed a thing today

k7batv5jlz4k.png

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    managed a thing today

k7batv5jlz4k.png

Did you farm rapport for Sasha and Nineveh? I'm at 11 and need the two from them... two locked behind Una's and then the last I guess is a quest after you get 14?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Incindium wrote: »
    managed a thing today

Did you farm rapport for Sasha and Nineveh? I'm at 11 and need the two from them... two locked behind Una's and then the last I guess is a quest after you get 14?

i had to strategically use things like the relic rapport items from 80% completion of Adventurer's Tome in the various regions, as well as picking up some of the weekly rapport packs in the shop after converting gold to crystals, but because I went around filling out a lot of Adventurer's Tome things and doing a lot of islands I didn't have to gift bomb or anything and was able to pass the virtue checks for Nineveh/Sasha's rapports on my own. I did benefit from early gold rush on the market which allowed me to stockpile enough crystals to get me those extra packs/a skin for extra Charisma, but realistically you can work on a lot of the Giant's Hearts in parallel since 3 of them are from daily rep grinds, 4 are rapport, and the others can be obtained doing things you would want to be doing anyways like Tower/World Bosses.

And yes, the 15th Heart becomes accessible via quest after you collect the other 14, and requires that you do Alaric's Sanctum (the 3rd part of Feiton's Abyssal Dungeon), so if you think you're going to hit 14 Hearts in a week make sure you save your lockout.
    Also, the quest reward for finishing the collection also gives you a relic rapport item so you get a little something back for your troubles.

73udihebvjjh.png

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Where do I get one of those horrible dinosaur mascot costumes

I love them

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I love them

If you haven't, check your product inventory and there should be a gift package containing a ton of goodies. If you already claimed it and opened it, the costume selection box is in one of those boxes.

Kwoaru wrote: »

I love them

If you haven't, check your product inventory and there should be a gift package containing a ton of goodies. If you already claimed it and opened it, the costume selection box is in one of those boxes.

Perfect yes I found it in my stash

Its horrifying

2x39jD4.jpg
    sorry there's a lot going on at once, i was in a hurry to take a picture while my hands were shaking from adrenaline

PceVKCO.png

this fight is brutal as melee especially if you are a back attacker

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I was going to ask how you managed to somehow find a group that didn't have that one guy that greeds to three+ stacks of light before letting anyone else get any, but it looks like you did it solo so that makes sense.

edited April 2022
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I was going to ask how you managed to somehow find a group that didn't have that one guy that greeds to three+ stacks of light before letting anyone else get any, but it looks like you did it solo so that makes sense.

yeah, the screen darkened because of the raid clear so it's not super obvious but I managed it solo. To be honest soloing makes keeping your stacks up much easier and you have to worry somewhat less about the boss dashing off screen (after someone else) and then starting a crucial pattern with little to no windup, but not being able to consistently back attack because of the sheer amount of melee-unfriendly bullshit he has going on and never having the pressure lessen on you due to being the solo focus could be pretty painful. It took me a couple of tries but honestly once I got the end phase pizza pattern down it was still better than clearing floor 50 in Fatespire at recommended ilvl.

edit: went back again after digesting the mechanics a bit and got him clean this time
    zE97BjF.png

Orphane on
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    The non youtube guides for this game are so fucking worthless.
    I'm at level 51, and facing level 55 enemies, so i go searching for quick ways to farm xp.
    Guide: play the game.
    Thanks guide, much helpfull.

Nyysjan on
    edited April 2022
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    The non youtube guides for this game are so fucking worthless.
    I'm at level 51, and facing level 55 enemies, so i go searching for quick ways to farm xp.
    Guide: play the game.
    Thanks guide, much helpfull.

enemies in PvE or PvP? cause like PvE it doesn't really matter, those levels shouldn't be making a difference - world bosses are gated way more by ilvl than anything. pvp is equalized in any Proving Grounds stuff and world pvp is /shrug
    There isn't really a quick way to farm xp because they don't really intend for you to rush levels past 50; the main way of gaining xp past 50 is doing daily stuff like Chaos Dungeon, Una Dailies, Guardian Raids etc. so the videos weren't lying to you sadly

you can try to speed things up by spending resources on picking up combat XP pots from various vendors like the merchant ships docked outside ports, the guild bloodstone vendor, and the Proving Grounds aka PVP vendor, but the amount of xp you gain is going to be more like a bonus for when you actually want to push to 55/60 for unlocking skill levels 11/12.

Orphane on
  • hushhush Registered User regular
    that real good xp comes from boss rush - getting the chest with 3 tickets in it has basically been my favorite daily reward this month

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I just got my first character to T3 and up to 1330ish where after the first 6 levels honing rates dive to 60% right off the rip, then to 45% on the next level. FFFFFFFFF....time to work on alts because this is some BS, especially after seeing that rates are 20% higher in Korea for the same levels.

steam_sig.png
  • StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    I think those rates were pretty long into them being in T3 and meant as a catchup mechanic fwiw. still sucks, but I would expect ours are going to stay that way for a bit.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    yeah i think they only buffed the rates in korea when valtan came out
    tbh i don't really mind not getting to 1370. The only content that i'm missing is Argos P1/P2
    then again with all these honing materials they are throwing at us, it does make sense to do some honing

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    I've had enough fun with this game that I spent some money to solve some of the little annoyances (ie storage space)

It feels a little bad just by buying more card slots but that alone freed up a ton of storage space so it was worth it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    The fabled roadmap is out https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/april-and-may-2022-roadmap

TL;DR
    April
    • Lancer
    • South Vern
    May
    • Destroyer
    • Valtan

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Lance Master GLAIVIER out this month. Nice. My Lancelotte will have her chance to shine at last.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    "Only one caster? Oh that's cool anyway here's yet another martial artist and warrior advanced class"

Well at least South Vern has a number of things to look forward to like the legendary Conviction rune that has been teasing from the codex for the last two months.

It would probably help if they just communicated why classes are being released in the order they are; I've heard that Destroyer and Arcana were due for reworks because of how finicky and mechanically intensive they can be, causing large variations in performance so maybe that's why they're not being put out first, but it would be nice to hear it from the devs.

• StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    Lance Master Glaivier was one of the classes I was looking forward to so im excited about that, and a 960 power pass is a nice bonus to come with it. Valtan in May should give my group plenty of time to be ready for it on release as well. Overall I think im pretty happy with all that stuff?

edited April 2022
    It would probably help if they just communicated why classes are being released in the order they are; I've heard that Destroyer and Arcana were due for reworks because of how finicky and mechanically intensive they can be, causing large variations in performance so maybe that's why they're not being put out first, but it would be nice to hear it from the devs.

Summoner was intentionally held back in favor of Sorceress despite being in the game before Sorceress was, so even if Arcanist was held for after the rework, Summoner is still right there.

Donnicton on
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I've got a character slot set aside for the Scouter (high tech gunnery guy), but looks like it'll gather dust for another few months at least.

steam_sig.png
    don't forget to claim the prime gaming raptor mount and amethyst shards

urquanlord88.png
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Is there a timeframe on the Glaiver?

I still need to complete Rohendel - I've been distracted by other games recently.

26904.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    April. People speculate not this upcoming reset, but the one after - the 14th.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 14th seems like the best guess because that's when the monthly rewards all reset. I think Argos launched at the same time the rewards reset in March as well. Tough to establish a pattern because is the game is so new in NA/EU but making the monthly "big patch" the one when the rewards reset seems a good bet.

got lucky on card packs today (and in in general with Abyss dungeon drops) and finished Lostwind 12 awakening today. My Striker and DB really needed that sweet sweet crit.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    got lucky on card packs today (and in in general with Abyss dungeon drops) and finished Lostwind 12 awakening today. My Striker and DB really needed that sweet sweet crit.

That's pretty unimaginable luck. Did you farm many Solas'? I'd be getting somewhat close if I used both of my select packs on it and I've considered myself already quite lucky re: that set. Dang.

edited April 2022
    Kasyn wrote: »

That's pretty unimaginable luck. Did you farm many Solas'? I'd be getting somewhat close if I used both of my select packs on it and I've considered myself already quite lucky re: that set. Dang.

I did run 2 alts to the questline where you get the Solas card in order to get up to 3 awakening pips before knowledge transferring/deleting the alt, Seria was maxed out due to tapping in to wandering merchant notification networks.
    So having Solas at 3 and Seria at 5 means I needed 4 more pips to hit 12 - this is where the aforementioned luck kicked in, as I got Armen, Delain Armen, and Kharmine from abyss dungeon rewards, and got Delain Armen/King Thirain dupes from legendary card packs from various sources. So I got 1 pip each on Armen/Delain Armen and 2 pips on King Thirain to finish out. The funny thing is I was at +1 on Armen, Delain Armen, and King Thirain on top of having baseline 0 awakening Kharmine so getting any one of the 4 legendary cards would have let me hit 12 awakening.
    unknown.png?width=675&height=544

In the case of severe bad RNG, my backup plan was to do the "Complete 100 Chaos Gates" achievement for a free Kharmine dupe.

Orphane on
  • hushhush Registered User regular
    I've gotten basically 5 dead legendary cards so far - 3 galaturs and 2 zinnervales - it is pretty painful, but im a support main so all im really missing out on is providing 3.5% more holy dmg for my group hah

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
    hush wrote: »
    I've gotten basically 5 dead legendary cards so far - 3 galaturs and 2 zinnervales - it is pretty painful, but im a support main so all im really missing out on is providing 3.5% more holy dmg for my group hah

I've gotten mostly Luterras and Guardian Luens for bad legendary cards

Technically i think Galatur's set can be used for back attackers but it also requires all 3 cards in the set be fully maxed, so it's kind of a long term "if it happens it happens" deal anyways

• RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Only just started farming seria. There's no chance of me ever farming solas so I'm gonna depend on luck.
    Finally made it 1385 and pushed my t3 alts to 1340. the silver drain is immense

edited April 2022
    The one single thing that fucks me up more than anything else in this entire game

Is that the next page buttons on vendors dont stand out at all and you cant scroll pages with the mouse wheel so I almost never notice them

I just realized the naruni grand prix prize lady had more pages in each tab group

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited April 2022
    I powered through to 1370 on my main after weeks of not playing that char, which is probably the healthy way to do it instead of chomping at the bit to squeeze out all the resources of all my alts effectively. I did it this week because the Naruni race rewards were set to expire this coming week but has now magically extended by one extra week (21st March)
    On a side note, how is the 1370 ghost ship that much easier? I tested out my Eibern Wound buff last week on the 960 ghost ship and this week's 1370 ghost ship is so much easier even when i was overgeared last week and at parity this week. Small sample size i know but it feels like the same shenanigans when trying to kill t2 guardians vs t3 guardians. Maybe more people at 1370 have the Eibern Wound buff?

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
    I powered through to 1370 on my main after weeks of not playing that char, which is probably the healthy way to do it instead of chomping at the bit to squeeze out all the resources of all my alts effectively. I did it this week because the Naruni race rewards were set to expire this coming week but has now magically extended by one extra week (21st March)
    On a side note, how is the 1370 ghost ship that much easier? I tested out my Eibern Wound buff last week on the 960 ghost ship and this week's 1370 ghost ship is so much easier even when i was overgeared last week and at parity this week. Small sample size i know but it feels like the same shenanigans when trying to kill t2 guardians vs t3 guardians. Maybe more people at 1370 have the Eibern Wound buff?

Anyone past 960 can join in on t2 ghost ship is which is a wide band of gear and motivation level

Anyone who's past 1370 right now has put in a good chunk of effort to be there and is more likely to have done a bit of research and have Berald

So apparently South Vern isn't coming with South Vern chaos dungeons.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure how they keep fucking things up with respect to simply adding consistent endgame content that relates to player power. Why not just give up the normal shit instead of having to react to the appropriate and expected player feedback by backfilling with ridiculously generous temporary events? Is it so bad that our baseline material income start to approach that of other regions?

This is a rake that didn't need to be stepped on. Just baffling.