As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

1343536373840»

• hushhush Registered User regular
    yeah this all looks good so far, although i expected to be able to buy the stuff with blue crystals, but that was just my bad for not looking into it prior to release.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Aug-Sept road map is out - https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/august-september-2022-roadmap
    August
    • Pet Ranch event
    • Additional rewards for Maharaka Festival
    September
    • QoL updates
    • Scouter Machinist release
    • Kakul-Saydon Legion Raid
    • Skins

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    That is a big Sept release - I find it very hard to believe it will all happen with how chaotic their previous big releases have been

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

Seeing how sparse August is, I'm guessing for early Sept release for Pt1 and late Sept release for Pt2

urquanlord88.png
    Orphane
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 20
    moving into the back half of september which is looking like a lock in for Clown coming on the very last week unless they surprise us with an announcement today

just been slowly working on my characters with the lull in content; got my Striker to 1490 5x3 (which cost an absurd amount) and my Glaivier at 1475 5x3 (for 1/5th the price of my Striker, lol lmao @ spec classes that use generally desirable engravings) so that's two characters that can do Clown week 1

probably not planning on doing more than that and just raising some of my 1415s to 1445 or whatever for relics

inflation has been insane recently, blue crystal prices (and pheons indirectly) are atrocious right now

EDIT:
    https://www.playlostark.com/en-gb/news/articles/lost-ark-academy-machinist
    yea Machinist confirmed for the 28th

Orphane on
    Looking forward to machinist and clown, but the inflation nightmare we are currently in has basically guaranteed that I will not be gearing up that character particularly quickly, which is very unfortunate.

• KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    I've actually appreciated the time between raids this time around, it let me build my roster out pretty well. Closing in on 1500 for the main, just about at a 1475 alt, two 1460s and two more at 1460 next week. Even with the kind of baseline income from that, accessories as I transition my alts to 5x3 are an absolute bitch.

As someone who was always very, very main-centric in my MMOs, I'm pleased and surprised at how fun developing my alts has been, especially once you start putting together the relic sets and seeing the endgame content on them.

Now I just wish they'd confirm where we should expect to be at with respect to the upcoming balance changes and the tripod system revamp, then don't drag their feet quite so long on Brel.

Yeah I've been pushing my alts from 1370 to 1415 and it has been an absolute chore. Trying to get them geared without free pheons is pretty annoying as well. At least I managed to get 20/20 Grudge engraving

urquanlord88.png
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been pushing my alts from 1370 to 1415 and it has been an absolute chore. Trying to get them geared without free pheons is pretty annoying as well. At least I managed to get 20/20 Grudge engraving

Pushing to 1430 after is extremely value. Huge weekly gold reward and it costs just as much as 1400->1415. Big recommendation to keep going.

UrQuanLord88
    Yeah that is the plan. There is a glut of t3 books that work up to +15 so it does ease the pain somewhat. I do like the power spike transitioning from 3x3 to 4x3 with grudge + class engraving but boy is mixing and matching then buying accessories frustrating. Who the hell thought that sending accessories to your alts should cost pheons was a good idea????
    1445 is also a nice milestone that unlocks another powerspike with set gear, I'm looking forward to that too.

urquanlord88.png
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    getting grudge now is good since prices have dropped as people finish it out and move to other things like class engravings

super glad i picked up Deathblow legendary when it was going for around 2.2-2.5k per book pre-Valtan, and Control when it was around 1.7k per book since it's the off-meta engraving for Glaivier. having those and +12 grudge simplified my accessory planning by a lot since you can just pick up a legendary ring and take the small hit to stats to get by on filling them out for cheap.

nowadays class engraving prices are absolutely bonkers. meta or streamer boosted demand having some class gold books go for 10-15k+ gold per is absolutely wild and makes me not actively think about raising any other characters past the 1475 threshold for now until i run out of other things to spend gold on

UrQuanLord88
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Will the machinist be available out of the gate or will it be hidden behind some unlock? I haven't jump in for ages, but before I uninstall, I'd love to build one and play around with it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    unless it is secretly different than the other classes that have been released, it should be available right away - it is a male gunner if you want to make a char a little early and get some rest bonus while it sits in trixion

Trajan45Orphane