As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Yeah I restarted everything multiple times. Turns out there was like a single pixel width of actual area you could pass through.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited February 10
    Huh, is the DPS gap between Bard and Sorceress soloing going to be as extreme as it seems to be from the class preview when you start? Bard seems to take like 4-5x as long to kill a boss if I spawn it. I know it's a support, but that seems...excessive.

Kamar on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 10
    I'm kinda flagging on the campaign :( I always have only liked ARPG's for the multiplayer content; and the story is 95% running around solo killing boring enemies that pose 0 threat listening to the terrible story. I have really high hopes for the endgame but ugh i'm going to have to really force myself to make it there. It's just so boring since they have the difficulty toned down so much, it might as well be all fetch quests w/ no combat.

The only time i've had to use health potions so far is when i accidentally solo'd a hard dungeon w/ matchmaking not realizing it was a dungeon..

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    Trajan45
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Huh, is the DPS gap between Bard and Sorceress soloing going to be as extreme as it seems to be from the class preview when you start? Bard seems to take like 4-5x as long to kill a boss if I spawn it. I know it's a support, but that seems...excessive.

I don’t think it’s supposed to be quite that bad but you are going from a glass cannon class to a support, so… maybe. I definitely notice (as Wardancer) that I go through periods where because of missing skills or upgrade gaps everything feels spongier than I would like, but then I hit a new threshold and they go back to exploding. Maybe you’re in one of those?

• KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    edited February 10
    I'm kinda flagging on the campaign :( I always have only liked ARPG's for the multiplayer content; and the story is 95% running around solo killing boring enemies that pose 0 threat listening to the terrible story. I have really high hopes for the endgame but ugh i'm going to have to really force myself to make it there. It's just so boring since they have the difficulty toned down so much, it might as well be all fetch quests w/ no combat.

The only time i've had to use health potions so far is when i accidentally solo'd a hard dungeon w/ matchmaking not realizing it was a dungeon..

Yeah the leveling experience is not sensational. The story mostly sucks and the difficulty is trivial. The environments are good and start to quite varied a little bit past the castle siege. If the gameplay weren't so solid it'd be a bit of a chore.

It's relatively brief though, all said. If I judged every MMO by how great the leveling was I'd probably have played about 1/3 as many as I have, you have to really go out of your way to make leveling excellent start to finish in this genre.

I've been about as completionist as you can get with mokoko seeds while still powerleveling pretty good, I think that's helped quite a bit for me personally.

Kasyn on
    edited February 10
    Ooof don't want to spoil anything but i was doing a series of battles/single player dungeon-y thing that took about 40 minutes; game crashed at the very end and it makes me go through it all again..urgh. and there are so many unskippable mini-cinematics. First clear my ass game!

taliosfalcon on
    Trajan45
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I get 3-4 crashes per session. I have a brand new machine and updated drivers.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    I only had one crash, when I first launched the game. My first BSOD from a game in...probably a decade?

Google had people saying bios updates fixed it, so I jumped through those hoops and haven't see nany other issues.

lol so i joined a guild before getting the guide quest to do so and now i'd need to quit and rejoin to finish it.. oops. Oh well thankfully the reward is only 2500 silver which is essentially nothing

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    When do we have to start worrying about mana? It's weird that I blow through my entire bar of skills and still have full mana.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular

What level are you. If you don't have a stronghold yet, you're still fairly early and dealing with weak enemies. And even then, like pretty much every MMO, you're not going to be fighting enemies that don't die in one spell hit. Spell combos will start actually mattering, definitely before endgame, but it'll be gradual. I know the last couple levels I've been spending in the combat skill pane trying to figure out how to get enemies BACK to that level of efficient, mindless killing because they aren't dropping like flies.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    It's really weird noticing that female NPCs consistently look better than the female PCs and seem to have way more aesthetic options.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 10
    From my experience and watching various people level. Your skill point allocation needs to be varied leveling and constantly changing.
    Taking points out of your combo to put in your aoe/charge mega damage abilities seems to be the easy way to level. I am doing gunlancer and i sometimes just up and take off 3-5 health bars in one hit with my charge ability at +10 now.

Jubal77 on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've mostly just been powering through as Sorc with Tidal Wave (the level 7 upgrade that gives it a second explosion is great cc vs mobs) into the big ass Lightning Strike, which basically one shots everything I can group up at once. Bosses with push immunity are a little more annoying, but even then it's mostly just dodge, dodge, poke, keep my fire debuff up, until I have enough meter to activate awakening and dump all my big cast time stuff at once.

edited February 10
    I switched to the Paladin as the controller just feels 100x better. When I was the Sorc, I didn't use potions once. The combo of Tidal Wave and the Lightning Blast was just destroying everything before they could get to me. With the Paladin, I'm using potions more often. Though some of it is due to my lack of Xbox controller knowledge (I'll press B when I want A for example).

I'm not sure what I can do about the crashes. I've had 3 in the couple hours of playtime here so far.

EDIT: scratch that, 4 crashes now.

Trajan45 on
    edited February 10
    Wonder how long these gogogo people are going to last in this game. Expecting a trinity game where you get carried but that just doesnt exist here in the end game. You have to manage your own hp even with a support in the group and you have to do the mechanics or you die in end game.

Also I have yet to crash once.

Jubal77 on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've also not had any crashes yet, thankfully. Looks like my wife has interest in playing so already playing an alt. Artillerist is fun! Reminds me of HBG in Monster Hunter. Did we get a guild running on Mari yet? Figure I could park Saldonas in there.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    I wonder if it's because I'm playing in 4K? Before the crash the game seems to studder a bit, as if too much is going on.

I wonder why this game seems to have cut out its first ten levels of class-specific content? The summary videos (I assume that's what's going on here) look way more interesting than where they start now.

Moridin889
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    I really dislike that you're kinda forced into playing in super widescreen resolution if you want the extra visibility on the sides. Makes it a requirement for pvp so you have a much wider field of view, even if it looks terrible with black bars on top and bottom.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    When do we have to start worrying about mana? It's weird that I blow through my entire bar of skills and still have full mana.

I've been wondering about this too. Every time I see a mana reduction skill upgrade I'm just like

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I wonder why this game seems to have cut out its first ten levels of class-specific content? The summary videos (I assume that's what's going on here) look way more interesting than where they start now.

I asked about that a few pages ago, they're deprecated tutorial zones basically. The ruins you start out exploring are the new tutorial.

BahamutZERO.gif
    ED! wrote: »

What level are you. If you don't have a stronghold yet, you're still fairly early and dealing with weak enemies. And even then, like pretty much every MMO, you're not going to be fighting enemies that don't die in one spell hit. Spell combos will start actually mattering, definitely before endgame, but it'll be gradual. I know the last couple levels I've been spending in the combat skill pane trying to figure out how to get enemies BACK to that level of efficient, mindless killing because they aren't dropping like flies.

40, I’ve had the stronghold for a while

Weird, haven't crashed at all.

Also, dinged 50 last night. Yay.

Jubal77
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Does the game ever really get hard? I've watched a few streams and they all just look completely face roll. I'm not sure I want to bother wasting my time if it's just exploding the screen without worrying about anything.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Does the game ever really get hard? I've watched a few streams and they all just look completely face roll. I'm not sure I want to bother wasting my time if it's just exploding the screen without worrying about anything.

the tl;dr is yes, but not until max level, and even then only certain content as a lot of it is just for farming

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    At level 50 they have a number of different types of boss fights that are way more than just exploding mass groups of enemies.

For example, Guardian Raids are basically Monster Hunter fights where you don't see the bosses health, but can roughly tell based on attack patterns and changes in how the boss fights.

If you want to see an example of the current highest tier raid fight in KR and just how nutty the bosses get here's a video.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    That looks pretty rough. Some of the fights in t1-3 looked pretty rough but looks like in true mmo style gets more nuts heh.

All of my crashes have been due to me alt tabbing, the game really seems to not like that even in borderless windowed. Otherwise It’s been remarkably stable.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    So I have like no idea what I'm doing other than mmo muscle memory.

Do I take the basic yellow ! sidequests or just focus on the fancier ones as my first character?

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    You get plenty of exp from just the main quests (orange), but I'm doing some yellow sidequests with the chain icon (looks slightly different than the standard exclamation mark icon) since they seem to give rewards that are roster wide (cards, minor stat boosts) instead of just character exp/silver.

Straygatsby
    ph blake wrote: »
    You get plenty of exp from just the main quests (orange), but I'm doing some yellow sidequests with the chain icon (looks slightly different than the standard exclamation mark icon) since they seem to give rewards that are roster wide (cards, minor stat boosts) instead of just character exp/silver.

You should do the timed quests that pop up when you're in certain areas, too. Tons of main character experience and usually no more annoying than any normal random quest.

• RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Been having a great time with sorc. Really close to max level. Apparently they closed new character creation ahead of f2p rush. Which kind of sucks since i know some ppl are waiting for f2p release.
    https://forums.playlostark.com/t/character-creation-limits-and-additional-servers/61597

I updated my Bios and re-installed the game files. So far things seem to be pretty stable.

Finally died once. Ran into a group fighting Rudric and joined in. However he kept applying fear to me, which ended up killing me. So far, I like my Paladin as I can use the controller. But man, most folks using Bards, Sorcs, and other ranged units seemed to be way better at is since they could much easier dodge.

edited February 11
    I do get it. People like to play with friends. And they like to use what they purchased. But the big glowing "you can only use this once per account and only on server claimed from" box prior to claiming it is a big glowing sign that perhaps you wait till your friends are on the server with you? Perhaps research that the game has a hard cap queue from its developer to maintain customer experience? Korea still has queues on servers. Perhaps not follow streamers onto servers?

Again I get the outrage but its also pretty self inflicted.

Jubal77 on
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    Been having a great time with sorc. Really close to max level. Apparently they closed new character creation ahead of f2p rush. Which kind of sucks since i know some ppl are waiting for f2p release.
    https://forums.playlostark.com/t/character-creation-limits-and-additional-servers/61597

Yeah I probably will end up just not playing it anytime soon or at all. I have some irl buddies who started on regulus, but now it's blocked. And I know we're not playing musical servers again like we did in classic wow. Like I know they don't want to reroll, and I don't want to be on a different server locked from doing stuff with them, and don't want to start then reroll later when new characters are opened again.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    ohhhhh ok I think I understand the guild system now.

Every time people donate to the guild, it adds a few bloodstones to the guild bank. The player also receives a set amount of bloodstones for doing this at the time of donation.

There is a "Weekly Task" which is like a quest that every guild member can do at max level (under Una's Tasks) on your Adventure tab. Every time it's completed, we're going to get a certain amount of guild resources (I see ~3000 for doing the current one).

I can set a weekly distribution rate which will distribute the guild resources as bloodstones to both the guild bank and to guild members. You only receive the weekly distribution if you have hit the minimum contribution points as set by the guild master. You get guild contribution by donating, doing weekly tasks, and doing other guild activities which we'll unlock later.

Confused yet? THERE ARE MORE SYSTEMS that pile on as the guild levels up.

There is a guild shop tied to the first research unlock that lets people trade their bloodstones for any resource you might need to level up your gear.

My head is spinning, I'm still figuring it out :lol:

Steam: Spawnbroker
    shergak
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    ohhhhh ok I think I understand the guild system now.

Every time people donate to the guild, it adds a few bloodstones to the guild bank. The player also receives a set amount of bloodstones for doing this at the time of donation.

There is a "Weekly Task" which is like a quest that every guild member can do at max level (under Una's Tasks) on your Adventure tab. Every time it's completed, we're going to get a certain amount of guild resources (I see ~3000 for doing the current one).

I can set a weekly distribution rate which will distribute the guild resources as bloodstones to both the guild bank and to guild members. You only receive the weekly distribution if you have hit the minimum contribution points as set by the guild master. You get guild contribution by donating, doing weekly tasks, and doing other guild activities which we'll unlock later.

Confused yet? THERE ARE MORE SYSTEMS that pile on as the guild levels up.

There is a guild shop tied to the first research unlock that lets people trade their bloodstones for any resource you might need to level up your gear.

My head is spinning, I'm still figuring it out :lol:

this what happens when they release a game with like 2 years worth of content also released

Jubal77SpawnbrokerKasynReynoldsMoridin889
  • RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Perhaps not follow streamers onto servers?
    I agree with most of that but this. That's pretty unfair to say. I rolled on regulus since it looked like a lot of PA folks were rolling on it and no big streamers committed to this server before launch.

Jubal77
    edited February 11
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Perhaps not follow streamers onto servers?
    I agree with most of that but this. That's pretty unfair to say. I rolled on regulus since it looked like a lot of PA folks were rolling on it and no big streamers committed to this server before launch.

I agree. And it should have been messaged better after what happened in New World. But alot of the restrictions are because of the base game and not because of explicit decisions by Amazon either. In the end knowing that you can group with anyone on your region for pretty much all important content I jumped on a low pop when I got in as the PA west server is pretty full heh.

Jubal77 on