As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    Phisti wrote: »
    Also English teams pay a premium for English players for god knows why

homegrown player quotas which were brought in by the FA in order to strengthen the English national team

you can only have 17 foreign players in a PL squad. If you want to register a 25 man squad for the league, you need a minimum of 8 players who spent 3+ years in England/the Welsh teams who play in English leagues before their 21st birthday

for UEFA competitions, you can only have 17 foreign players and if you want a squad of 25 you need to pad it out with 4 home grown players and 4 players from your youth system

if team X inquires about team Y's home grown player, it's very easy for Y to look at X's team and go "well they need another HG player to meet the quota and there isn't exactly an abundance of home grown talent in that position, we can add 20 million to the price because it's not like they can just pick up a young Bundesliga talent for a fraction of the cost"

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Lol at all the "you lost part of your customer base for a joke". OMG, is just your football team losing, get over yourselves.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Lol at all the "you lost part of your customer base for a joke". OMG, is just your football team losing, get over yourselves.

Sports is srsbsns.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Six matches left, three of them against the top three clubs, with the last one at Anfield. We also have Norwich, Burnley and Brighton, so maybe we can grab ten points or so if we're good, which might nab a lower European place? I dunno.

It'd be funny if we fucked Liverpool's chances of winning the league on the last day, though.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Six matches left, three of them against the top three clubs, with the last one at Anfield. We also have Norwich, Burnley and Brighton, so maybe we can grab ten points or so if we're good, which might nab a lower European place? I dunno.

It'd be funny if we fucked Liverpool's chances of winning the league on the last day, though.

Could happen they are due a bad performance at some point and Wolves deffo can take advantage. Think the title race might be decided by then if Spurs beat liverpool though.

Nein
    TryCatcher wrote: »

i like the one guy who was like "advertising should stay on neutral topics"

yes, advertising, that famously non-controversial field

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense
    Bogart wrote: »

It looks like a lot of things could go down to the last game. The next few weeks could be very interesting...

The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense
    I wonder if they'll get the usual new manager bump, and win the next few matches, then struggle for the last few matches...

I’m sure that’ll help his concentration next match.

Burnley won, meaning they’re a point behind Everton.

Everton’s next match is Liverpool, on Sunday, and Burnley play Wolves 2 hours earlier.

So if Burnley win, Everton will be in the relegation zone at the start of the match. A draw will also do, on goal difference.

I hope Liverpool smash Everton. I think 3-0 or 4-0 is very plausible.

Roll on Sunday.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    It's getting proper spicy at both ends of the table.
    Love it :smile:

sig.gif
  • PhistiPhisti Registered User regular
    Tottenham really doesn't want to make the top 4.

Nein
    i'd pay extra for a stream without Jamie Carragher's horrible voice screeching over the match

fuck me, just awful

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Liverpool with 86% possession in the first half

Though this probably equates to about 20 minutes thanks to Everton's epic shithousery and time wasting.

Derby gonna derby, don't let the relegation door hit ya on the way out

Pellaeon wrote: »
    Liverpool with 86% possession in the first half

Though this probably equates to about 20 minutes thanks to Everton's epic shithousery and time wasting.

Derby gonna derby, don't let the relegation door hit ya on the way out

Everton are really playing like they’re mid-table, and are just fucking with Liverpool out of spite.

Have…they not been told they’re now in the relegation zone ?

I mean, with all that they had possession at Liverpool's end at the end of the half, one lucky touch or deflection in the same spot in the second half and it's a smash and grab.

Nein
    the shithousery is essential with how much Atwell is fucking it

Fabinho should be booked and Everton should have had a penalty but I guess he’s afraid of Anfield yelling at him

Atwell lost it early, pretty much anything he does now will be suspect.

It was absurd how much time Richarlison was allowed to spend on the floor in the first half.

The ref allowed play to go on, so I assume he knew he was faking.

Then why not book him ?

He spent a good 2-3 minutes lying there, holding his leg and head, while players awkwardly played on, not knowing if they should stop.

Nein
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    It was absurd how much time Richarlison was allowed to spend on the floor in the first half.

Then why not book him ?

He spent a good 2-3 minutes lying there, holding his leg and head, while players awkwardly played on, not knowing if they should stop.

he was injured, the ref just didn’t do anything about it because he fucked it

Then why not book him ?

The top photo looks like it’s been edited - his foot is basically turned 90 degrees.

And he got back up ok after it all kicked off.

Nein

Then why not book him ?

The top photo looks like it’s been edited - his foot is basically turned 90 degrees.

And he got back up ok after it all kicked off.

It’s not, he rolled his ankle which is why he was down injured. He got back up after getting treatment for several minutes.

Jamie Carragher even admitted to being wrong about Richarlison on air after he saw the replay.

2-nil citeh 10 minutes in. Crikey

Nein
    that penalty fucking hell hahahaha

That many away goals sets up a saucy return leg.

Phisti wrote: »
    That many away goals sets up a saucy return leg.

Don't think away goals are in play anymore.

sig.gif
    You are correct and I'm saddened to learn this.

I don't get why they made that change, to be honest.
    I guess they feel that teams having to go to extra time to get a definitive winner is better for the spectacle, but I prefer the away goals rule and the batshit insane all out attack it'd encourage.

sig.gif
  • PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    An MLS team has never won the CONCACAF Champions League.

Seattle fought back to a 2-2 draw at Pumas in the first leg of the final. Second leg in Seattle will be lit.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote: »
    An MLS team has never won the CONCACAF Champions League.

Seattle fought back to a 2-2 draw at Pumas in the first leg of the final. Second leg in Seattle will be lit.

That was a weird game. 3 penalties: 1 real soft, 1 questionable if VAR should have called a foul in the lead-up play to the penalty, and 1 legit penalty.

Nein
    4f206li30peb.jpeg

Nein

Rotherham getting promotion with a goal made in the League of Ireland 🥲

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fucksake. Just cannot score these days.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Bye Norwich, see you in 2 seasons.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    There are now two teams above Everton - that relegation bet is looking better and better.

And I have a couple of quid on Chelsea beating them tomorrow.

So far I have £70 in my Ladbrokes account, waiting to be spent on drinks watching FA Cup final in 2 weeks.

The only thing making Saturday overtime bearable (apart from the money) is the football after it’s done.

Everton over Chelsea, like everyone expected.

Might they survive after all?

Pellaeon wrote: »
    Everton over Chelsea, like everyone expected.

Might they survive after all?

They have Leicester next, right ?

That should be interesting.

I think it'll come down to the final day.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    It might have been season saving for Everton.

Everton(32 pts, -20 goal diff) has

Leicester, Watford, Brentford, Palace, Arsenal

Burnley(34 pts, 15 goal diff) has

Villa, Totenham, Villa, Newcastle

Leeds(34 pts, -34 goal diff) has

Arsenal, Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford

So Leeds has the hardest path there imo. But Everton needs to play 5 games in a 15 day period.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png