As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] - Firing Season

12728293032

Posts

  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    De Gea having to defend against shots from both teams, woof

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein


    football should be illegal i've always said this

    CarpyHerrCroncrzyangoVegemyte
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Burnley!

  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement

    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Liverpool decides to see Chelsea's two dropped points, raise them to three.

  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Football never should have been invented, I've been consistent on this all my life

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    as it stands, my irish team are 4th with two games and a cup final to go

    if we stay 4th, we get europe

    if we win the cup final, we get europe

    i'm very stressed out by having two different ways of shitting the bed here

  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Gerrard confirmed for Villa.

  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond Registered User regular
    edited November 11
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Hard to know what to make of Gerrard's time at Rangers. That title was a big one, but the way Celtic imploded can't be overlooked and Rangers have been poor in pretty much every other competition. I predict a mid-table finish*.

    e *too loose a prediction, I'll say outside the top 10.

    CaptainBeyond on
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    gerrard's villa contract expires at the same time as klopp's liverpool contract and it's going to be very funny in 2025 watching liverpool fans defend a club legend's whose managerial career consisted of a relegation and winning a farmer's league

  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Rangers fans taking it well, I see.

  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    They loved him. As the rumours were picking up there was a lot of "He's loyal, he's not that kind of man" going around. I don't think there will be the same kind of ructions as when Rodgers left Celtic for Leicester but it should be amusing all the same.

  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    I am unconvinced that Lampard is a good choice for Norwich. Or anywhere in the Premier League, really.

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    i find it utterly impossible to judge how good a manager is for the most part

    lampard got derby county to the play-off finals so obviously there's something there but as a bystander i have no idea what's actually different between a mid-table prem manager and a top of the table championship manager

    there seems to be a habit amongst football fans for just searching out videos where managers talk about football like absolute wankers (see United fans posting videos of Ten Hag) and talking about vision and philosophy but i really don't know overall what that translates to on the field

  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Eye for talent and how to use them, I suppose.

  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Expectations FC.

    If lampard goes to Norwich and keeps them up that's a win

    Less so for Chelsea, Tuchel could win the treble this year and be shitcanned mid next season if the team is not performing well enough.

    No idea what United is doing with Ole, but then again neither do they so :shrug:

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    We’re playing Portugal tonight and I live over a pub near Ireland’s stadium. There’s people outside siuuuuu’ing in Ireland jerseys and I genuinely think they should be deported

  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i find it utterly impossible to judge how good a manager is for the most part

    lampard got derby county to the play-off finals so obviously there's something there but as a bystander i have no idea what's actually different between a mid-table prem manager and a top of the table championship manager

    there seems to be a habit amongst football fans for just searching out videos where managers talk about football like absolute wankers (see United fans posting videos of Ten Hag) and talking about vision and philosophy but i really don't know overall what that translates to on the field

    Didn’t Derby spend beyond their means with Lampard (not his fault)? Hence the reason they are now bottom of the league and the pints deduction?

    I don’t know; my impression is that Derby took a gamble in spending more than they should to get promoted when Lampard was there (I’m happy to be corrected).

    The championship can be a tricky place to get promoted from even with a bit of money

    Norwich had an awful schedule at the start of the season; not sure they ever recovered from that.

    Farke’s Norwich we’re an entertaining team to watch in the Championship; more entertaining than watching a team that’s happy to get 17th each year in the Premiership.

    PSN Fleety2009
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    i find it utterly impossible to judge how good a manager is for the most part

    lampard got derby county to the play-off finals so obviously there's something there but as a bystander i have no idea what's actually different between a mid-table prem manager and a top of the table championship manager

    there seems to be a habit amongst football fans for just searching out videos where managers talk about football like absolute wankers (see United fans posting videos of Ten Hag) and talking about vision and philosophy but i really don't know overall what that translates to on the field

    Didn’t Derby spend beyond their means with Lampard (not his fault)? Hence the reason they are now bottom of the league and the pints deduction?

    I don’t know; my impression is that Derby took a gamble in spending more than they should to get promoted when Lampard was there (I’m happy to be corrected).

    The championship can be a tricky place to get promoted from even with a bit of money

    Norwich had an awful schedule at the start of the season; not sure they ever recovered from that.

    Farke’s Norwich we’re an entertaining team to watch in the Championship; more entertaining than watching a team that’s happy to get 17th each year in the Premiership.

    nah they actually made money the year he was there but they spent above their means for years before he arrived. They had 6 managers in four years before Lamps and broke their transfer record like 4 times in that period

    Lampard probably benefited from that spending but i imagine walking into that situation as a manager is a nightmare

  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Tav wrote: »
    We’re playing Portugal tonight and I live over a pub near Ireland’s stadium. There’s people outside siuuuuu’ing in Ireland jerseys and I genuinely think they should be deported

    Does being thrown into the sea count as deportation? Because I can't think of a country that'd take gobshites of that magnitude.

    sig.gif
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    We’re playing Portugal tonight and I live over a pub near Ireland’s stadium. There’s people outside siuuuuu’ing in Ireland jerseys and I genuinely think they should be deported

    Does being thrown into the sea count as deportation? Because I can't think of a country that'd take gobshites of that magnitude.

    there’s enough plastic in there already

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    nj79p8sfuzbo.jpeg

    big shane duffy ❤️

  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Tav wrote: »
    nj79p8sfuzbo.jpeg

    big shane duffy ❤️

    Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need

  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Love it when both strips in a game are crackers. Happens surprisingly rarely.

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 13
    Nein
    Dos a Cero

    Captain Inertia on
    The JudgeCarpytinwhiskersDraeven
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    Tav wrote: »
    as it stands, my irish team are 4th with two games and a cup final to go

    if we stay 4th, we get europe

    if we win the cup final, we get europe

    i'm very stressed out by having two different ways of shitting the bed here

    we won 3-1 against our biggest rivals last night to bring the European race to the last game of the season

    the match started with our rivals, who are league champions, making their substitutes give the starting 11 a guard of honour and then getting subsequently mocked by the entire country for being absolutely fucking tinpot

    one of our former players scored against us and shhhh’d the home fans which lead to a brawl with both managers getting sent off and then us scoring 2 goals in 5 minutes

    i think my favourite part was that two of the goals were just absolute shite. Pure terrible goals. I’d be raging if we’d lost the match to those.

    not a bad finish on this one though

    Carpy
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Nein
    Tav wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    as it stands, my irish team are 4th with two games and a cup final to go

    if we stay 4th, we get europe

    if we win the cup final, we get europe

    i'm very stressed out by having two different ways of shitting the bed here

    we won 3-1 against our biggest rivals last night to bring the European race to the last game of the season

    the match started with our rivals, who are league champions, making their substitutes give the starting 11 a guard of honour and then getting subsequently mocked by the entire country for being absolutely fucking tinpot

    one of our former players scored against us and shhhh’d the home fans which lead to a brawl with both managers getting sent off and then us scoring 2 goals in 5 minutes

    i think my favourite part was that two of the goals were just absolute shite. Pure terrible goals. I’d be raging if we’d lost the match to those.

    not a bad finish on this one though


    Sounds like primo shithousery

  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Canada beats Costa Rica and stays undefeated in qualifying.

    We host Mexico on Tuesday in Edmonton, where the high temperature is going to be -2 C more like -10 at match time. I’m guessing Mexico will come out pissed off about the US match.

    :so_raven:
    LordSolarMacharius
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Oh, and there were a couple of idiot pitch invaders at the end of the match.

    :so_raven:
  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Just the 10 goals then.

    I guess Portugal and Italy will both come through the play-offs OK but fair dos to Northern Ireland for getting a draw last night.

  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond Registered User regular
    edited November 16
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Scotland beat Denmark 2-0, in the sort of performance that if you'd have predicted two years ago would have had you committed.

    It got a bit vicious on the train afterwards

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ScottishFootball/comments/quscpr/shove_yer_lego_up_your_ass/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

    CaptainBeyond on
    Tavthatassemblyguy
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Current conditions outside of Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, where Mexico-Canada is going down tonight:

    :so_raven:
    ChanusLordSolarMachariusEl Mucho
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 17
    Nein
    After everyone got all excited about the US after they beat Mexico a third time this year, they shit the bed to a draw with Jamaica, who is known for bobsledding, not football

    Captain Inertia on
    Draeven
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, Canada did it, we beat Mexico.

    :so_raven:
    oldmankenLordSolarMachariusThe JudgeEl Mucho
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Nein
    i saw the clip of the two teams squaring off after the match and boy that mexican team sure are a bunch of easily rattled babies huh

    Draeven
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Easily Rattled Babies is a part of Mexico's team motto.

    Captain Inertia
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 17
    Nein
    Are we ready for Canadian excellence in the WC or will they shrivel up once they get on a pitch where the air temp is above 15 degrees

    Captain Inertia on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Air temp is going to be like 95 degrees. They're going to turn into beef jerky.

  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Are we ready for Canadian excellence in the WC or will they shrivel up once they get on a pitch where the air temp is above 15 degrees

    Nah, we have to play in the heat in Central America all the time.

    :so_raven:
    Draeven
Sign In or Register to comment.