Options

[Queer] thread: Pride is here, queer

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    That is an absolutely beautiful work of art. Sorry for your rough week Cee 😞

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    CeeCee they/them sometimes she/theyRegistered User regular
    thanks !! and yeah, ups and downs ;n; - a very well-timed tattoo that helped me to surface for at least a bit, happy pride again, friends <3

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Happy pride and glad that you're here with us (and that I'm now here too) 💚

• Options
    edited June 9
    thanks friend, i'm glad you're here too :> this place was instrumental in figuring out my own gender identity and was super welcoming to me when i came out and i'll never ever forget that. hopeful for anyone else that might be helped figuring out things for themselves from the stories shared here c:

Cee on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Progesteron update
    Breast are looking remarkably more breast-shape
    Also yup, can confirm this is the horny pill

• Options
    proxy_hueproxy_hue Registered User regular
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna156589
    A federal judge on Tuesday struck down parts of Florida’s restrictions on transition-related medical care for transgender minors and adults, declaring several statutes that ban such care unconstitutional.

Happy Pride to everyone in FL and a solid fuck off to DeSantis

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Excellent, I hope this makes DeSantis so mad

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    He was so mad he couldn't even go to the local highschool and hit on students

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Oh hey I got to have a quintessential queer experience over the weekend. Came out to my mom, and she did not take it well at all. Shoulda printed out a bad response bingo card. What’s this here, we got crying, “I wanted a son”, “you’re not doing the pronoun thing”, “can you just not shove this down my throat”, vague right wing political allusions, “I liked your beard though”. I got a token expression of affection, but I’d bet that’s mostly just so sure can maintain access to her grand kid. Lets see how long it takes my mom to call me ever again, and if she tries contacting my soon to be ex wife first.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    That sucks so hard. I know it isn't the same but we are here for you. Here on the forums and in the wider queer community wherever you are.

• Options
    Ditto. Sorry she's not decent. We are all here for you 💚💚💚

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm sorry sleep. you deserve better, and I hope she comes around eventually and acts decently towards you.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    mirroring what they said, that's absolutely horrid - always with making it all about them instead of our feelings and identity. so sorry she did that to you - you deserve so much better ;n;

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    proxy_hue wrote: »
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna156589
    A federal judge on Tuesday struck down parts of Florida’s restrictions on transition-related medical care for transgender minors and adults, declaring several statutes that ban such care unconstitutional.

Happy Pride to everyone in FL and a solid fuck off to DeSantis

this is really going to help my cousin!! she's had a hell of a time getting hormones this past year.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Oh gosh. Sorry Sleep!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 12
    I mean in the very least I kinda knew what was coming so I did it over the phone. Made it easier to tell her to fuckin deal with it

Also didn’t involve ten hours of driving

Sleep on
  • Options
    in much more fun news in the last 4 days about 5 people have asked if I’m a drag performer, one of them a drag queen, the other a co worker. So apparently that’s what I’m serving now.

• Options
    Someone anonymously said I was cute via NGL and I think I might die. It's been real everyone 💚

Honestly thought I'd never hear that again.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I mean in the very least I kinda knew what was coming so I did it over the phone. Made it easier to tell her to fuckin deal with it

Also didn’t involve ten hours of driving

For what it’s worth my mother is slowly coming around to acceptance and has even offered some limited support so people can change if they really want to.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Someone anonymously said I was cute via NGL and I think I might die. It's been real everyone 💚

Honestly thought I'd never hear that again.

Turns out it were fake 😞

The app auto-generates some questions as if a real person sent the message. THAT triggered all kinds of breakdown issues, let me tell you.

• Options
    wow, that's cruel. sorry friend ;n; - what a horrible thing to do to folks

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    wow that is some truly villainous shit

is there a social app out there today that isn't a fucking blight on society? i'm thinking probably not

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hi friends. My 13 year old has expressed interest in using a binder sometimes, she's been toying with gender-neutral identity and they/them pronouns for a bit now, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with younger teens and the practical concerns around using a binder. My wife is concerned that it's going to hurt her somehow and from what I've read that doesn't seem to be the case, but lived experience is always helpful.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Hi friends. My 13 year old has expressed interest in using a binder sometimes, she's been toying with gender-neutral identity and they/them pronouns for a bit now, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with younger teens and the practical concerns around using a binder. My wife is concerned that it's going to hurt her somehow and from what I've read that doesn't seem to be the case, but lived experience is always helpful.

My son used a binder at that age or maybe a bit younger. There have been no ill effects. Safe binding practices have very little risk at any age. The biggest concern being the lingering fear of a late growth spurt but that is just the cycle of replacing kids clothes.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    So turns out the nurses at my gender doctor’s office were supposed to schedule me for a six week check up, but scheduled me for a six month check up. After talking with him he had them reach out to fix it. Earliest I could get in is next month. It’s not a horrible issue, but does make me feel pouty because I wanna talk progesterone and laser.

In better news I think my body hair is growing in slower after my most recent fully body shave. So hopefully that stays slow.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Wait.... they give you lasers when you transition?

• Options
    Wait.... they give you lasers when you transition?

Yeah it is pretty cool. It tells you whether or not anyone you point it at is having eggy thoughts. It is a pretty amazing super power.

• Options
    Bad ass

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

There's a lot of conventional wisdom that binding is super dangerous, broken ribs, hard to breathe, etc, and that can be true, but for the most part a properly fitted binder should just be comfortable. I think a lot of that comes from when people were using ace bandages and duct tape, which, don't do that. I mean, sports bras are even a good place to start, and might make your wife less anxious - I've got two long line sports bras from Old Navy that I call my 'accidental binders' because that's exactly what they do, and I wear a DDD/F. Also keep in mind that they'll look better under clothes, so if they try one on and think it doesn't do enough, they should try putting a t-shirt or something on over it. If they're uncomfortable or can't breathe well, it's too small!

have some truly awful headless selfies for examples below the cut
    regular underwire bra versus bog standard $15 sports bra versus $20 long line Old Navy sports bra
    cqg3s4r2bhiv.jpgq5u3l07hwz68.jpg
    bolgq55zs2kn.jpg

It also helps to know how to put your boobs in one - with a typical underwire you want to swoop and scoop to make sure all of it ends up in the cup and pushed together and up, and with binding you want to sort of do the opposite - I push them more towards the outside of my body, like I'm trying to put them almost in my armpit, and try not to get all the boob fat in the same spot. I think the one I have is something like this with the removable cups/pads removed - https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=771025312#pdp-page-content - but I'm gonna be honest, trying to navigate the ON site is hell.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Honestly some of the ways people misrepresent binders remind me of the way that the corset got demonized by bra makers. People that have an agenda (in this case, discouraging transition rather than seeking profit) spreading misinformation about a subject that joe public is uneducated about

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Huh, yeah. My body hair is definitely growing slower. Used to be I had to shave it like every two days or I would start to feel my legs getting prickly when they touched. Four days now and it’s still okay. So that’s nice.

Now if I could deal with my stubble on my face it would be great.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Iblis wrote: »
    Huh, yeah. My body hair is definitely growing slower. Used to be I had to shave it like every two days or I would start to feel my legs getting prickly when they touched. Four days now and it’s still okay. So that’s nice.

Now if I could deal with my stubble on my face it would be great.

I got one of those home face lasers and it did help on my face a little.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I am in a weird place

I know, deep in the cockles of my heart, that I'm not strictly a dude. however, I am shaped like a 40 year old bald man.

maybe I'll get a wig

also mask

I'm just gonna start dressing up like Marlon Brando in The Island of Doctor Moreau and creep around

• Options
    I am in a weird place

I know, deep in the cockles of my heart, that I'm not strictly a dude. however, I am shaped like a 40 year old bald man.

maybe I'll get a wig

also mask

I'm just gonna start dressing up like Marlon Brando in The Island of Doctor Moreau and creep around

HRT can cause some regrowth. I relate on the face front though even my dysphoric ass has to admit I look different from three years ago
    (Theres also stem cell treatments now that can flat out cause it though those are expensive and I assume getting cronenberged is a possibility )

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    I should be hearing back from my health care about some voice & body hair options.
    edit: I'm not even hairy it'd just be nice to be able to stop shaving my face & chest.

Weaver on
  • Options
    For any who need it today - I'm not your dad, but I love you and I'm proud of you.

• Options
    Last act of dad-ing for today, for anyone who needs it -

Thank you for being a great kid. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I'm really proud of you. Make sure to eat a good breakfast tomorrow and refill your pill minder if you forgot today. Love you kiddo.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    My wife works for a small company that is 100% online, 95% of the staff is woman, and all their employees are still from around the Chicago area. She started there before we moved to California, and they've been kind enough to deal with CA labor laws for her instead of making her find a different job. She loves it there, in part because they have cultivated a friend first, co-worker second culture which seems genuine. Because of our living arrangements I overhear a lot of the conversations she has with them and you'd think they are the nicest, most accepting group of people.

In the general course of conversation she has been telling some of the people she works with about my transition. Every person she's talked to about it has questioned my sanity, asking why anyone would want to be a woman if they could be a white male, and tell my wife that if they were in her position they'd leave me immediately without a second thought. It's been a great reminder of the constant, low key hate sugar coated with socially required acceptance that pervades the blue bubbles in the midwest.

So very happy I got out, but the guilt for not being brave enough to be me when there is real. I do not have words for the levels of respect I have for anyone dealing with that or worse.

And yes, my wife has increased her job search efforts. She's still being extremely picky in her search, but there's now a bit more motivation to get out.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    My wife works for a small company that is 100% online, 95% of the staff is woman, and all their employees are still from around the Chicago area. She started there before we moved to California, and they've been kind enough to deal with CA labor laws for her instead of making her find a different job. She loves it there, in part because they have cultivated a friend first, co-worker second culture which seems genuine. Because of our living arrangements I overhear a lot of the conversations she has with them and you'd think they are the nicest, most accepting group of people.

In the general course of conversation she has been telling some of the people she works with about my transition. Every person she's talked to about it has questioned my sanity, asking why anyone would want to be a woman if they could be a white male, and tell my wife that if they were in her position they'd leave me immediately without a second thought. It's been a great reminder of the constant, low key hate sugar coated with socially required acceptance that pervades the blue bubbles in the midwest.

So very happy I got out, but the guilt for not being brave enough to be me when there is real. I do not have words for the levels of respect I have for anyone dealing with that or worse.

And yes, my wife has increased her job search efforts. She's still being extremely picky in her search, but there's now a bit more motivation to get out.

The midwest is just the south without the stigma. I am sorry you have to go through all of that. I hope she finds a new job soon. I also don't think there is any shame in surviving. At least not for you. The people there should be ashamed they were so bigoted and hostile. I remain proud of everyone who ever manages to be who they are regardless of the circumstances.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Your wife’s coworkers seem to be laboring under the false assumption that your being yourself is some kind of choice or deliberate conscious decision. She should ask them why they aren’t white men themselves

fuck gendered marketing