As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rein[chat]nation

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Whale
    I am concerned that monkey life would be too much like person life

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    my friend got a job at the ren faire and according to her everyone there is fucking everyone else there

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Alien???
    MrMister wrote: »

No taxes.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Hot Springs Monkey
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    We have a tornado warning but we don’t have a basement so um hm
    I can sit in the closet with the cats??

yeah, we got one too. I went to the garage to put my bike in the car. at that point it was sprinkling. when I left the garage 5 minutes later, it was absolutely pouring

i blame vishnub

Crack a window to equalize pressure.

Edit: apparently that’s a myth don’t do that...I just learned something.

zepherin on
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Whale
    joshgotro wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

No taxes.

Everyone pays one form of banana tax or another

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Hot Springs Monkey
    I am a hot springs monkey

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Whale
    my friend got a job at the ren faire and according to her everyone there is fucking everyone else there

I'm imagining a jouster riding a horse and, instead of a lance, is carrying an extra long dildo.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Other
    None of these options are well equipped for climate change.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Hot Springs Monkey
    emnmnme wrote: »

I'm imagining a jouster riding a horse and, instead of a lance, is carrying an extra long dildo.

I had some friends who did Larkspur (Colorado). And from what they say. The traveling staff are pretty much getting busy with the locals nightly, especially with the younger staff. The jousters are a separate group that are mostly taken, and go back to their hotel after the shows. But i know 2 friends who never fucked each other got Chlamydia during the same summer, from 2 different folks.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Whale?

• Options
    Actually alien will do fine with climate change

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Whale
    Winky wrote: »
    Actually alien will do fine with climate change

Heck, there's been a few books and movies where aliens were responsible for Earth's climate change.
    0941d07a31ee3737dbff68d9d1fda5b3.jpg

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Apparently, FF9 has an Ocean Chocobo.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    So one thing I was worried about wrt moving back to LA is that I'd come out here and find that I'd built it up so much in my mind that the reality was a disappointment.

Now that I'm here, I'm finding that the opposite is true. I keep discovering things I'd forgotten or maybe never noticed that make me more and more giddy about finally being back.

It definitely helps that while the whole country is enduring a scorching heat wave, it's a balmy 70F/20C here next to the beach. I could not ask for better weather these last few days.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    nsgdxd6cm5c0.jpg

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Whale
    Anyways on to e3
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    We have a tornado warning but we don’t have a basement so um hm
    I can sit in the closet with the cats??

yeah, we got one too. I went to the garage to put my bike in the car. at that point it was sprinkling. when I left the garage 5 minutes later, it was absolutely pouring

i blame @VishNub

Who doesn’t

• Options
    Whale
    The hot springs monkeys are creepy and I don’t like them

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    The hot springs monkeys are creepy and I don’t like them

What? how are they creepy? You like fish. Those are creepy. all floppy and scaly.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Other
    Winky wrote: »

Whale?

Whale on the top of the list.

• Options
    it's no good being a whale today with all these humans around

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

I laughed a bit at this at first

And only then, a few seconds later, did I remember that John McCain is dead.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    The one thing I've learned so far is that absolutely no one believes it would be good to be a rain frog

• Options
    So one thing I was worried about wrt moving back to LA is that I'd come out here and find that I'd built it up so much in my mind that the reality was a disappointment.

Now that I'm here, I'm finding that the opposite is true. I keep discovering things I'd forgotten or maybe never noticed that make me more and more giddy about finally being back.

It definitely helps that while the whole country is enduring a scorching heat wave, it's a balmy 70F/20C here next to the beach. I could not ask for better weather these last few days.

I should mention that driving/walking around town with @Organichu played a big part in this, as he kept pointing out cool things about Santa Monica (like the diversity of the buildings) that I hadn't really noticed or took for granted.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Chanus
    I'm presenting this song here even though I know most people will bypass it, but it's notable for being what is clearly the heaviest 6 minutes of music ever produced by man.

https://youtu.be/qyYmS_iBcy4

It's doing some rounds outside of the metalsphere on the interwebs because of it being the audio equivalent of a neutron star.

Enjoy or not, but it's quite the experience.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Whale
    I'm presenting this song here even though I know most people will bypass it, but it's notable for being what is clearly the heaviest 6 minutes of music ever produced by man.

It's doing some rounds outside of the metalsphere on the interwebs because of it being the audio equivalent of a neutron star.

I don't know about heaviest. It's definitely very much a heavy metal song though.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Chanus
    Brody wrote: »

I don't know about heaviest. It's definitely very much a heavy metal song though.

You did hear the end which I can only describe as a pig on a malfunctioning CPAP?

I do very much love this song.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Whale
    I hate working for other people but having a steady paycheck is nice. Life is suffering.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I’m not in full on stan LA mode but the area I visited (primarily Santa Monica) was interesting looking architecturally, had plenty of greenery, a diverse group of people, interesting walking features (outdoor malls, cool store fronts, street art), a collection of interesting food etc.

The ‘impossible sprawl, frustrating grey jungle’ thing did not strike me at all tho it could of course be true of neighborhoods I didn’t see

• Options
    Chanus
    Organichu wrote: »
    I’m not in full on stan LA mode but the area I visited (primarily Santa Monica) was interesting looking architecturally, had plenty of greenery, a diverse group of people, interesting walking features (outdoor malls, cool store fronts, street art), a collection of interesting food etc.

The ‘impossible sprawl, frustrating grey jungle’ thing did not strike me at all tho it could of course be true of neighborhoods I didn’t see

Santa Monicas one of those really nice parts right?

LA's got some straight up beautiful places.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Also at least two different homeless looking platinum blondes with implants tried to mumble mentally ill’ily in our direction

And I had great sushi

Such a good experience

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I've been up since 6.. well, technically 5.

I better sleep like a log tonight. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Whale
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also at least two different homeless looking platinum blondes with implants tried to mumble mentally ill’ily in our direction

And I had great sushi

Such a good experience

Yeah that’s basically all of it

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Whale

You did hear the end which I can only describe as a pig on a malfunctioning CPAP?

Usually if I'm looking for something to dissolve my anger in, I usually go with this

https://youtu.be/vYUO4YmH8fE

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I've had nothing but fantastic food since coming here.

Trying to decide where to get dinner tonight to keep the streak going.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Whale
    Have you had bay cities yet

Iirc they’re not open for dinner, but it is the best beach lunch available

VishNub on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    This is a tough choice. I am having trouble deciding

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Santa Monica is nice.

I think it's fair to say that the LA sprawl refers to the mesh of non-coastal suburbs.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Chanus

Usually if I'm looking for something to dissolve my anger in, I usually go with this

https://youtu.be/vYUO4YmH8fE

I don't know what it is with me and deathcore as I went years without hearing a band I dug, but this is the second band I've heard (the other being... well, Lorna Shore) that id's as deathcore that I've been interested in.

Though I do like the the grindcore/mathy fills more than someone like say Suicide Silence, Carnifex, or Chelsea Grin.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/27p1TBLhjDI

I love that intro. I got the whole show. I probably should watch it again some time.

This discussion has been closed.