As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Where we don't click links we don't know even if our friends appear to send them!

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    So just ran through Scourge of Armagon on the quake remaster…

Going to be honest, when I was a kid we were all about multiplayer on quake, I never played past episode 1 on the main campaign until much later and we sure as heck didn’t buy mission packs because who cares right?

Well I should have cared, because Scourge of Armagon is awesome. There are a few flaws, mainly that I felt like the new powerups were pretty useless, and that I felt like some enemy spawning and placement was a bit “cheap”. These are pretty small things though, because the level design as a whole is really good and I felt like there were a lot of memorable areas. Also expanding the role of the “base” human enemies is great. Its nice having the occasional enemy cluster rather than mostly fighting small groups of bullet spongy hell knights and ogres.

Also even though Armagon himself is basically just a buffed up Cyberdemon its nice to have a boss that isn’t just “mash a button to kill.”

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I finished all of quake 1 and the first 2 mission packs recently and Scourge was probably my favorite part outside maybe episode 1. The new weapons it gave you were Good and Useful without being overpowered and the level design never got as cheap at anything in episode 4. I think it helps that scourge has a total of 1 spawn (2 on nightmare) in the whole expansion.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Seen elsewhere and just seemed so applicable here to not share.

946ky5zgq98e.png

I went to see if you could buy these at GOG, but the answer is no.

Good thing I still have the original Mech 2 CD!

Still got to find my usb DVD drive.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Okay, now I'm downloading Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries on MekTek. (Edit, no longer available on MekTek, but can be found elsewhere (still legal)).

Ha, at least it's almost 20 years old!

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

The moment I discovered that the soundtrack by Jeehun Hwang was fully playable on CD players of the time, I knew that I was keeping my Mechwarrior 2 disc for the long haul.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    I finished all of quake 1 and the first 2 mission packs recently and Scourge was probably my favorite part outside maybe episode 1. The new weapons it gave you were Good and Useful without being overpowered and the level design never got as cheap at anything in episode 4. I think it helps that scourge has a total of 1 spawn (2 on nightmare) in the whole expansion.

Yeah. I’m going to play through dissolution of eternity and probably the 2 new packs, but playing through quake single player makes me curious about other contemporary fps games. Maybe I’ll give quake 2 another shot, or try out Unreal gold, Hexen 2, or SiN.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

The moment I discovered that the soundtrack by Jeehun Hwang was fully playable on CD players of the time, I knew that I was keeping my Mechwarrior 2 disc for the long haul.

Still to date one of the best game soundtracks ever.

Jazz on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Yeah. I’m going to play through dissolution of eternity and probably the 2 new packs, but playing through quake single player makes me curious about other contemporary fps games. Maybe I’ll give quake 2 another shot, or try out Unreal gold, Hexen 2, or SiN.
    I personally REALLY didn't like the first of the machine games expansions. Dimensions of the past. As I was playing through it I commented to some people "This feels like plutonia experiment for quake" which is not a mark of honor.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

I personally REALLY didn't like the first of the machine games expansions. Dimensions of the past. As I was playing through it I commented to some people "This feels like plutonia experiment for quake" which is not a mark of honor.

IIRC dimensions of the past was intended to be like the ID levels, while dimensions of the machine was machinegames doing its own thing without trying to adhere to a style or formula, and most people like the machine levels a lot better.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Okay, two hours in.

Life is Strange: True Colors is phenomenal. It's beautiful, the soundtrack is great, the voice acting is absolutely on point, Alex is delightful and painfully relatable as a protagonist... and it's also heartbreaking. Two hours in and I've already got all teary-eyed once.

I bought the "gimme all the goods" $80 ultimate version. No regrets.

I have absolutely no interest in playing these games, but aren't they basically mutant and metahuman stories on an intimate level?

Sounds about right.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Years ago someone posted about what they felt was the intended mission order in
    Saints Row 3. I remember the story feeling very disjointed when I played through, and the order posted tried to make the story a bit more cohesive. Any chance that posters still around and has their order handy?

@bloodatonement
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26010006#Comment_26010006

I had to check way back in my post history because I knew I had asked this same thing somewhere in the past. The funny part was who answered.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Yo dawg, Imma let you finish in a sec, but Silent Thunder: A-10 Tank Killer II actually had one of the best soundtracks of all time. Well, that and Red Alert. Not that MW2 was any slouch.

And I just realized that almost none of the classic '90s Dynamix games are available anywhere. It looks like they're lost in the Sierra-Online/Vivendi/Activision license hell.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    WT actual F? I think I must have jumped time lines.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »

Yo dawg, Imma let you finish in a sec, but Silent Thunder: A-10 Tank Killer II actually had one of the best soundtracks of all time. Well, that and Red Alert. Not that MW2 was any slouch.

And I just realized that almost none of the classic '90s Dynamix games are available anywhere. It looks like they're lost in the Sierra-Online/Vivendi/Activision license hell.

I did say "one of", Kanye. (Yes, I know you did too.)

:wink:

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie is too classy!
    krjb7tqu4j1v.jpg

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Song update:

1) I've sent off my samples for the two voices in the song. Writer likes what I've done and we'll start narrowing things down later.
    2) There's a line near the end of the first verse that says, "Imagine the possibilities" that I could totally rhyme with anime titties. Unfortunately, I'm a professional so it'll never happen. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Song update:

1) I've sent off my samples for the two voices in the song. Writer likes what I've done and we'll start narrowing things down later.
    2) There's a line near the end of the first verse that says, "Imagine the possibilities" that I could totally rhyme with anime titties. Unfortunately, I'm a professional so it'll never happen. :)

Come with me, and you'll be
    In a world of animated titillation
    Take a look, and you'll see
    Bouncing, gyroscopic flesh inflations

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    "Steam Thread After Dark" in here...

• Options
    God I wish I was good at writing game reviews/hype posts.

Because I would sit down and write about LiS:True Colors in the most eloquent manner, painting a picture of transcendence with words and weaving expressions into a desire to possess, until each was enchanted and raced to the Steam store to buy it.

Like, I kinda really like it, guys. Holy fuck. It's breaking my heart, but I can't put it down.

Why you do this to me?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    "Steam Thread After Dark" in here...

So just the Steam Thread, then.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Well, got really far in surviving mars to the point where problems are mostly game mechanic bullshit and less me managing the colony into a deathtrap

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    So, uh, I should pay attention to my Steam library and my spam e-mail folder more often...

13yckcmnqeub.png

Not going to talk about anything in the game itself, but... it's real good, you guys.

(EDIT: For those who don’t know, this is the new game by the Pony Island/The Hex team. It's in Medium Rough Beta.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Well, got really far in surviving mars to the point where problems are mostly game mechanic bullshit and less me managing the colony into a deathtrap

I think without the "bullshit" it would be fairly simple to stabilize growth in the colony, so it keeps things fun.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

I think without the "bullshit" it would be fairly simple to stabilize growth in the colony, so it keeps things fun.

The problem I'm having at the moment is that I tecked up without building a viable tourism industry or rare metal industry to account for my need for my need for circuitry and machine parts

On the bright side I have more polymers than I know what to do with.

However I fucked around and found out that I need a constant stream of concrete

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So I had covid and was hospitalized due to complications coming out of having Diabetes and stuff. Double vaxxed well beforehand, it was still rough, etc. When i got home after 5 days in the hospital I was just deluged in gifts welcoming me home. Thank you guys so much I appreciate the love and support more than you guys know.

Thank you to @isorn @viking @Antoshka @Spoit for all the gifts and thank you to everyone who reached out with heartfelt messages hoping for my well being. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well, fuck, glad to know you're on the mend!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So, uh, I should pay attention to my Steam library and my spam e-mail folder more often...

13yckcmnqeub.png

Not going to talk about anything in the game itself, but... it's real good, you guys.

(EDIT: For those who don’t know, this is the new game by the Pony Island/The Hex team.)

I have been so pleased by each of these games.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I'm not even interested in the Life is Strange series and this makes me consider spending money on it just to be a thorn in these people's sides.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Doesn't Steam have some stuff to prevent review bombing?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Doesn't Steam have some stuff to prevent review bombing?

As we saw the other day, not really. They have separate descriptors for lifetime reviews and recent reviews though.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

People creating a huge media event and making themselves look like assholes over something that no one else would've noticed? Always super effective!

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

People creating a huge media event and making themselves look like assholes over something that no one else would've noticed? Always super effective!

It worked well enough on Devotion.

The goal here is to get Valve to step in. And they have in the past.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Been playing Tales of Arise all day and while looking at some forum stuff I notice an extra tab at the bottom of the screen. Thank you @Karoz for Ender Lilies!

BrQat2S.png

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Was just chilling, when a journey beckoned.

LxZvPl3.png

Thanks @Karoz for Journey! Looking forward to playing this soon!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish LiS: True Colors because I could not put it down.

I
    am
    gobsmacked.

This one is going to stay with me a while. And get replayed. And I feel confident in saying it will be my GOTY. All the feels. Every one of them.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Just a reminder that Destiny 2 is a dignified, Serious game with 110% zero sillyness.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    What is life is strange about?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    What is life is strange about?

Well, life ends up being, and get this... Strange

This discussion has been closed.