As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What is the strongest animal that [chat] can take on bare-handed?

Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready.We Hunt.Registered User regular
edited July 2021 in Debate and/or Discourse
smcp3z8gd0y6.png

Americans are dumb. But I'm sure [chat] will provide better answers, right? Poll options are listed in order of least to most difficult, based on the... above poll, I guess? Not all animals are represented... I didn't include household pets because I'm not a fucking monster.
Yeah I need two clarifications:
1. Is all of [chat] teaming up
2. Is the animal typical of its species or is it “the strongest” of its species

Wait another one

1A. If all of [chat] is teaming up, is the fight lost when the first chatter goes down or only after all of us perish

Wait fuck I already voted….plz answer anyway
1. Just one [chat]ter, but you may choose a champion. (1A is moot)
2. The animal is as strong as the [chat]ter believes themselves to be as a specimen of humankind.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
Hahnsoo1 on

What is the strongest animal that [chat] can take on bare-handed? 96 votes

Goose
31%
MulletudereVerseZeroCowKane Red RobeDarkewolfeFeraljoshgotroLord_AetosMarathonshrykePhoenix-DRingoPeewiTcheldorHonkPowerpuppiesronyaBethrynmysticjuicerEddy 30 votes
Eagle
9%
ElendilCasualDibbitdemonfalldownLord_AsmodeusSLyMtinwhiskersCarpyTenzytile 9 votes
Chimpanzee
0%
King Cobra
4%
schussButtersdurandal4532milski 4 votes
Kangaroo
1%
Kana 1 vote
Wolf
9%
DynagripMulysaSemproniusAimTastyfishAtomikastopgapLucedeszepherincredeiki 9 votes
Crocodile
2%
MosaticB557 2 votes
Gorilla
3%
amateurhourDonkey KongTumin 3 votes
Elephant
3%
TTODewbackemnmnmediscrider 3 votes
Chanus
36%
SniperGuyredxRedTidesyndalisDoodmannRear Admiral ChocoElldrenHappylilElftyrannusXaquinRhesus PositiveHaphazardLoserForHireXjungleroomxAegisBrodyArchZilla360MimHahnsoo1 35 votes

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Gorilla
    All of chat or the strongest of us

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Tumin wrote: »
    You may choose a [chat]ter to be your champion, as per the Old Rites.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I can easily take on anything in that list

I’m very powerful

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus
    all I gotta do is wait until he goes to sleep at 7pm and unplug his CPAP.

ez pz

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Goose
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Chanus against Chanus

sig.gif
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Elephant
    Is it considered a win if you die from the cobras venom at a later time

Bless your heart.
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Didn't we ready have exactly this chat poll or is this just deja vu all over again?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Chanus
    Six wrote: »
    Both Garys inside you have free two-day shipping.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Gorilla
    I think all of chat might be able to kill a gorilla if we break down a chatter to craft weapons out of

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Goose
    Podcasts told me birds look big but are really fragile and there's no way an adult human could lose to one

sig.gif
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Is it considered a win if you die from the cobras venom at a later time

Of course not. Only a WEAKLING would die from that

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gorilla
    Goose and eagle are the only two I could take. This is not based on fighting ability, really. Just that I could grab, hold, and fall on top of these relatively light and fragile animals. It would not be a glorious battle, I might lose an eye, and I'd rather resolve the conflict in literally any other way.

But I am confident and I don't think doing a Dunning-Krueger here

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited July 2021

Chanus against Chanus

This reminds me of Fight Night Round 3 on the 360, which had a fun character creator. A friend and I made versions of our other friends in it to use and had great fun playing it. Eventually we got drunk enough that playing was hard, so we just let the computer play each character.

And then we bet on it.

So we were betting real money with each other while the CPU played Fight Night Round 3 against itself using created characters that looked like our friends.

It was awesome.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
    edited July 2021
    Chanus
    Podcasts told me birds look big but are really fragile and there's no way an adult human could lose to one
    When I was talking to Hahnsboo about this very silly poll, we were discussing "What are even the terms of this fight? Like, if one of the birds fly away, is it a draw or a win?"

Mostly, we were discussing "Who the FUCK thinks they can even harm an elephant with their bare hands??"

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wolf
    I just wanted to see Wolf above all my posts for the next 100 pages.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gorilla
    everything else I give myself least than 50% odds. some as low as 0%

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Except for flightless birds.

Australia learned that the hard way.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Elephant
    a single well placed punch would literally kill almost every bird in existence regardless of size
    mine you not every bird at once
    just the particular bird of choice that is currently being punched

Bless your heart.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gorilla
    I'm going for the Gold Medal.

are YOU on the beer list?
    There’s not a single creature I couldn’t kill in hand to hand combat

I guess some of us are just stronger than others

Chanus
    I think maybe I would have a slightly higher than 50% chance against a king cobra. but maybe only slightly

Goose
    When I was talking to Hahnsboo about this very silly poll, we were discussing "What are even the terms of this fight? Like, if one of the birds fly away, is it a draw or a win?"

Mostly, we were discussing "Who the FUCK thinks they can even harm an elephant with their bare hands??"

Both of you are highly motivated to kill at least one of the other and will not flee for five minutes. No prep time. If one of you is more injured than the other but both of you will live without medical attention, it's a draw

sig.gif
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Goose
    zepherin wrote: »
    I just wanted to see Wolf above all my posts for the next 100 pages.
    Calling me a goose will be utterly redundant.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Elephant
    I chose elephant because I believe chat can do anything it puts its mind to

Bless your heart.
    Gorilla
    I'm not sure that, bare-handed, I could actually do anything of note to a king cobra. I think you'd have to get teeth involved tbh to score any kind of damage at all, and I dont know if I am prepared to bite a live cobra.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    King Cobra
    I can win a fight with any venomous snake as long as they are not allowed to sneak up on me and as long as I can declare victory before the poison takes hold.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Goose and eagle are the only two I could take. This is not based on fighting ability, really. Just that I could grab, hold, and fall on top of these relatively light and fragile animals. It would not be a glorious battle, I might lose an eye, and I'd rather resolve the conflict in literally any other way.

But I am confident and I don't think doing a Dunning-Krueger here

DK would rather argue with an eagle: confirmed.

Chanus
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Didn't we ready have exactly this chat poll or is this just deja vu all over again?
    This exact poll came up in [chat] one time, when the poll first came out. But I don't think [chat] weighed in on it in poll form.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Yeah I need two clarifications:
    1. Is all of [chat] teaming up
    2. Is the animal typical of its species or is it “the strongest” of its species

Wait another one

1A. If all of [chat] is teaming up, is the fight lost when the first chatter goes down or only after all of us perish

Wait fuck I already voted….plz answer anyway

The only thing I can kill single-handedly is my hope for a better tomorrow.

Chanus
    I'm not sure that, bare-handed, I could actually do anything of note to a king cobra. I think you'd have to get teeth involved tbh to score any kind of damage at all, and I dont know if I am prepared to bite a live cobra.

nah, you just grab it by the end of the tail and swing it around your head enough so gravity does the work so it can't coil up and bite you and then WAM, right against the ground

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    What if the cobra is Batman?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Eagle
    i could take a medium dog but only if it's like, a nice one and i'm getting the first strike

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Wolf
    I will defeat the wolf by befriending it.

Cause wolves are dope

zepherin on
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    b46f9660d81b888e2146f7dccf449147.jpg

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Eagle
    i dont know if i could beat the shit out of a bald eagle but i'd sure like to try

take that AMERICA

Chanus

Both of you are highly motivated to kill at least one of the other and will not flee for five minutes. No prep time. If one of you is more injured than the other but both of you will live without medical attention, it's a draw
    An elephant that is highly motivated to kill you seems like an incredibly scary thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Elephant
    *takes out a life insurance policy on chanus*
    I choose chanus to fight my elephant.

Bless your heart.
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Jokes on you, I've never been motivated, let alone highly motivated.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.