As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What kind is chip is best [chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kettle
    Sun Chips outperform a plain lays, but they just don't have the performance to stand up to the crunchier, flavored potato-based options.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    If Dorito was an option it'd be hard to choose between it and potato.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Plantain
    salted plantain. not sweet.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    kettle's the real thicc ones right?
    Yes.
    91xyN-%2B%2BmgL._SY445_.jpg

Their Gator-tators are the best

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Sun
    Bethryn wrote: »
    all my posts now confirm i'm potat.

btw, one of the actually kinda interesting things about Hellenism etc. is that the modern way we use "polytheist" has changed a lot. In classical studies, a polytheist generally just refers to a believer in a single religion with a full pantheon of gods (and more e.g. Greek Titans etc.). But when you talk with modern polytheists, a lot of them include multiple (or all) religions in their belief systems, or have "many faces of the same gods" approaches to combining different religions from the continents and time periods.

I don’t think people today using an inclusive model of unitarianism would describe themselves as polytheistic

They don’t believe in multiple gods, they believe in multiple expressions of the same deistic value

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    oh you're asking chat which is the best chip

sorry i misread that

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    cB557 wrote: »

Uh

Tortilla is right there

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    spool32 wrote: »
    honestly the early shocker here is discovering surrealitycheck is that basic
    Disco's were not on the menu...............ellipsis

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Kettle
    why would anyone ever buy plain chips. I have to be real hungry to even consider eating any

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    the one time i would have chosen the Chanus option

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tortilla
    Atomika wrote: »

btw, one of the actually kinda interesting things about Hellenism etc. is that the modern way we use "polytheist" has changed a lot. In classical studies, a polytheist generally just refers to a believer in a single religion with a full pantheon of gods (and more e.g. Greek Titans etc.). But when you talk with modern polytheists, a lot of them include multiple (or all) religions in their belief systems, or have "many faces of the same gods" approaches to combining different religions from the continents and time periods.

I don’t think people today using an inclusive model of unitarianism would describe themselves as polytheistic

They don’t believe in multiple gods, they believe in multiple expressions of the same deistic value

"Many expressions of the divine" is monotheism.

• Options
    Sun
    Sun Chips outperform a plain lays, but they just don't have the performance to stand up to the crunchier, flavored potato-based options.

flavoring is a crutch for the weak and those sparse of grain

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    cB557 wrote: »

Uh

Tortilla is right there
    I guess technically, but if someone said they wanted tortilla chips and you got the doritos or vice versa, they'd probably get annoyed.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kettle
    Dorito and Taki are both flavored tortilla chips, but I do think that takis are a different enough to have gotten their own line item, just because of how they're rolled and how crunchy they are.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I feel like chip flavor, rather than form factor, is often the determining factor when making my chip selection

or is the comparison meant to be among pure original flavor chips of various types

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Tortilla
    One of the places around here did an 'all foldies' bag of regular chips.

They also have bags of 'slightly overcooked' ones too. Top tier when it comes to plain chips.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Baked (joke option)
    Usually if I'm buying chips, its probably jalepeno flavored Tim's Cascade. Or just regular Tim's Cascade.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Quest (call for help)
    Takis are the actual best ones

I picked quest because call for help is twin peaks stuff

• Options
    Tortilla
    I like the America-centric bent here. Obviously Taytos or Walker's Cheese & Onion don't even rate a poll option.

• Options
    Kettle
    I see you didn't vote in your own poll...

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    is it basic if it is correct

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kettle
    zepherin wrote: »
    kettle's the real thicc ones right?
    Yes.
    91xyN-%2B%2BmgL._SY445_.jpg

Their Gator-tators are the best
    Definitely if I'm getting a dill chip that's the way to go, because it consentually fucks your mouth with flavor.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Regular Potat

This is more like "a bunch of different cultures have a god of war, goddess of harvest, god of lightning etc., just by different names." So it's not strictly monotheism or (Christian) Unitarianism.

Most of I've met described themselves as polytheistic, for what that's worth.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Pringles is a potato chipoid, not a potato chip.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Frito
    I had strong opinions about how bullshit the gulf war was as a kid.

They took over all the cartoon timeslots, wtf, a war isn't an adequate reason for me not to get to watch my cartoons!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i eat more non-potato chips than potato though, these are probably my fav
    UFA3V.png

• Options
    Sun

Right, even in an inclusive belief structure.

The trendy spiritualism of today has utterly disavowed dogma but maintains belief in a unifocal (and purposefully undefined) godhead

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    why would anyone ever buy plain chips. I have to be real hungry to even consider eating any

It satisfies a strong craving for salty and crunchy

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Tortilla
    Almost forgot that the best chip is Gardettos rye chips.

• Options
    Kettle
    credeiki wrote: »

It satisfies a strong craving for salty and crunchy

but you've got salty and crunchy + any other flavor with any other chip.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    I’m dying to eat chips now @LoserForHireX let’s buy chips today

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

They took over all the cartoon timeslots, wtf, a war isn't an adequate reason for me not to get to watch my cartoons!

I was really young but I remember Gulf War trading cards being a thing
    105377876_amazoncom-desert-storm-trading-cards-w1-sticker-sports-.jpg
    1991-Topps-Desert-Storm-George-Bush.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Storm_trading_cards

• Options
    Tortilla
    is it basic if it is correct

yes! Unfortunately for you correctness isn't a defense in this case either

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Baked (joke option)
    Zavian wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

I was really young but I remember Gulf War trading cards being a thing
    105377876_amazoncom-desert-storm-trading-cards-w1-sticker-sports-.jpg
    1991-Topps-Desert-Storm-George-Bush.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Storm_trading_cards

This is the least surprising thing.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Kettle
    I think I may be permanently scarred from the Lays/Utz plain potato chips.

I think I've probably liked some of the thicker and crunchier plain chips that have gotten more popular but when I think plain, I default to those abominations

• Options
    Sun
    Echo wrote: »
    Pringles is a potato chipoid, not a potato chip.

How many mainstream chip options are actually chips and not a reformed potato slurry?

• Options
    Kettle
    credeiki wrote: »
    I’m dying to eat chips now @LoserForHireX let’s buy chips today

i'm also dying to eat some. pls send

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Kettle
    Trader Joe's ruffled salt and pepper chips are great for a basic chip. I love their fake Doritos as well.

I would try all the chips at work though. Kettle Honey Dijon chips are divine. Salt and vinegar chips are classic. And there was once some Korean BBQ chips I really liked.

Also I really love a lot of chips from Asia. The weird pizza chips. The chips with nori on them. Just not like shrimp chips.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh, I was confused about what you meant by chip.

We call them mummy’s slicey tater coins here.

This discussion has been closed.