As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Some call it bootlegging. Some call it racketeering. I call it Magic.

19495969798100»

• KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Shadowen wrote: »
    What if the big climax of the Phyrexian storyline is Jace dying, and then we go back to Vryn as a prequel?

That would only mean that we go directly from Jace's Death to another two sets with Jace in them, and from there we go back to the present right in time for Jace's Resurrection

Kharnor on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    who the fuck is jace

BahamutZERO
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    who the fuck is jace

Space Australian member of the Ginyu Force.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    PinfeldorfBahamutZEROMunkus BeaverturtleantVyolyncenever dieArmorocElaro
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Kharnor wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    What if the big climax of the Phyrexian storyline is Jace dying, and then we go back to Vryn as a prequel?

That would only mean that we go directly from Jace's Death to another two sets with Jace in them, and from there we go back to the present right in time for Jace's Resurrection

Yeah it would be gloriously terrible and I'm here for it.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Rather than a prequel, I see that kind of scenario playing out as the Gatewatch going to Vryn to hold a memorial service for Jace, like they did for Gideon, and getting caught up in some local crisis while they're there.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    okay so Connive, the ability of the primarily Blue faction is pretty clearly just Loot+ right? Draw/discard, and if you toss a non-land, you get a +1/+1 counter

it took me a bit longer to notice that Blitz, the ability of the primarily Red faction is actually Rummage, but with a bit more of a twist. You're still effectively tossing the creature to the yard and drawing a new card to replace it, but you get to have the creature briefly to attack/get ETB triggers, and Jaxis' ability is a furthe twist on it - Rummage, but you get a temporary token copy of a creature and then draw when it dies

edit: heck, you can rummage immediately with Jaxis if you want - just target her with her own ability, sacrifice the copy to the legend rule, draw

UnbrokenEva on
    edited April 2022
    it's kicker
    edit: heck, you can rummage immediately with Jaxis if you want - just target her with her own ability, sacrifice the copy to the legend rule, draw

jaxis specifically says "another" and thus cannot target herself

I needed anime to post. on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oops, crud

I still really like her

Sorcery speed and need to discard means she won't be capable of quite the same broken stuff as Fable of the Mirror Breaker, but there's potential there I think

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    couriersbriefcase.jpg
    the Briefcase has cool flavor and also fits nicely into my Path to the World Tree deck. Also nice to see another non-token Treasure.

mysteriouslimousine.jpg
    Cool effect that I'm not quite sure how to best take advantage of. At worst it's an expensive O-Ring that can attack, could be good.

wiretapping.jpg
    Not sure if this is powerful enough, but it could work in a control shell to easily play a finisher while holding counterspells.

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Old thread forever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I always think it's weird when people make a new thread before the old thread is dead, because sometimes threads go to like 103 pages or whatever, and it's not really our responsibility to be decided when a thread closes.

MagellBahamutZERO
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I always think it's weird when people make a new thread before the old thread is dead, because sometimes threads go to like 103 pages or whatever, and it's not really our responsibility to be decided when a thread closes.

It's done at the request of the mods. Something about how threads that exceed 100 pages slow down the forum's database, as I recall.

People will sometimes procrastinate until a mod officially locks the thread because creating a new thread can come with some unwanted obligations. You're expected to create a detailed and informative OP, a largely archaic tradition in the age of Wikipedia. You also have to keep the thread title updated with the latest events. You need to take care of your health, because if you ever die, the thread will be stuck with an outdated title forever.

But rest assured, creating a new thread after the old one has surpassed the 100 page count is not only permitted, it's encouraged.

Actually the thread database issue was fixed long ago, before the transition to vanilla. People just do it now out of tradition.

Ivan Hunger
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's just a tradition left over from like 3 iterations of the forum ago

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    To the moon with this one, the spooky moon that still has that space monster in it right?

Did that come up in the recent Innistrad blocks? I haven't kept up with the story

2x39jD4.jpg
    Emrakul did not show up in the most recent Innistrad blocks, no. As far as we know she's still in there.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    we are not going to the moon. they dont want us

PolaritieShadowenKwoaruVyolynce
This discussion has been closed.