As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pea[chat] Butter

19495969798100»

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    bring back the intermission so chanus can stretch his legs

Cut off Chanus' legs, I have a flight to catch

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I return to work in the office officially on Tuesday, but only because my designated WFH day is Monday.

I do not want to use the shitty ass issued keyboards they give us, and I don't really want to haul this Roccat Vulcan back into the office again, as much as I love it.

I also do not want to drop $250 on a custom mechanical keyboard right this instant.

So now I'm trying to think through the compromise choice -- and it sucks. I want a "quiet" mechanical keyboard that still feels amazing to type on.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    The Cleveland Rocks

It would be a much better name, especially with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I mean, teams change their names all the time. Remember when they changed the name of Tennessee’s NFL team to the Titans (on account of there being no oil in TN)? It shouldn’t be a big deal.

When it's racist though..

joshgotro on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    The Cleveland Factory of sadness.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

The Cleveland Disappointments

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    The Washington (placeholder)
    Vs
    The Cleveland *file not found

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

The Cleveland Disappointments

The Browns are already in Cleveland.

nibXTE7.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    The Washington (placeholder)
    Vs
    The Cleveland *file not found

MLB packets often arrive duplicated or late

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I mean, teams change their names all the time. Remember when they changed the name of Tennessee’s NFL team to the Titans (on account of there being no oil in TN)? It shouldn’t be a big deal.

I do miss the oilers though

can't get that combination of bright aquamarine and white just anywhere

also how can you shit on the legacy of Warren Moon like that....

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Major League is a pretty great baseball movie.

awful sport to watch but it lends itself well to movies

Athenor wrote: »
    I return to work in the office officially on Tuesday, but only because my designated WFH day is Monday.

I do not want to use the shitty ass issued keyboards they give us, and I don't really want to haul this Roccat Vulcan back into the office again, as much as I love it.

I also do not want to drop $250 on a custom mechanical keyboard right this instant.

So now I'm trying to think through the compromise choice -- and it sucks. I want a "quiet" mechanical keyboard that still feels amazing to type on.

You should be able to find a pretty good 100% mechanical keyboard for under $100. Silent reds / clears are pretty widely available, although standard non-silents are quiet enough for most use cases. I like my Mistel X8 but pretty much all the good brands (Ducky, Leopold, Varmilo) have a decent option around the $100 price point.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

You should be able to find a pretty good 100% mechanical keyboard for under $100. Silent reds / clears are pretty widely available, although standard non-silents are quiet enough for most use cases. I like my Mistel X8 but pretty much all the good brands (Ducky, Leopold, Varmilo) have a decent option around the $100 price point.

I assume those are all online orders instead of "walk into Best Buy" kind of deals?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    All-Yalls-Brand.jpg

Best name.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

There are good soccer movies?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Three on, two out, bottom of the ninth! Is great for movies. Perfect blend of individual moments and teamwork to work with character arcs and moments of truth.

Shaolin Soccer

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

ladybugs

edited July 2021
    If I get [chat], I bequeath it to whoever wants it more. I am on the road in 1 minute. :/

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    if i get it give it to hahn

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    How the Browns got and kept their name is just ridiculous (their statewide-popular first coach was named Paul Brown, who had recently won a college national championship with The Ohio State University, and the fans in a vote thought this sufficient). Then again that sense of history makes them more core to the city than, say, the Cavaliers, even though the Cavs are the only ones to have brought them a championship in glorious fashion

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin

Only Escape to Victory, really, and then only for certain values of good.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    A third passenger! Come, join us at the airport where there are no departures, and no arrivals, I think it's a clumsy metaphor for death. Come, help yourself to staring forlornly at the closed cafeteria.

ftOqU21.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

shaolin soccer
    bend it like beckham
    goal 2

the list goes on

zagdrob wrote: »

I assume those are all online orders instead of "walk into Best Buy" kind of deals?

These guys are pretty awesome.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/

You can also get pretty good deals if you can find one you want in their returns.

Fuck Paul Brown Eddy.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I do love me some baseball movies. I used to watch Mr. baseball a lot.

So good.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Guardians is fine

The statues it references are nice

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 1.9

@Athenor will create the new thread
    @Tav is backup

This discussion has been closed.