As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MCU Movies] Thor: Love and Thunder hits on July 8 CLOSED SPOILERS

1939495969799»

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    From the BP trailer:
    Ramonda: “I am queen of the most powerful nation in the world, and my entire family is gone.”
    Shuri: …
    My guess was that is part of her arc.

Do we know who all in Wakanda was
    snapped/not snapped? wonder if the misdirect is that scene is a flashback and all her family was actually gone at the time

Pretty sure Endgame confirmed that she was.

EmperorSeth
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Okay friends, going, “Wow there’s a ton of mutant content” isn’t a refutation of my question of what they’re going to put out that isn’t mutant content

Right but they're definitely going to go ham on the mutant content after the last
    Ms. Marvel
    stunt, but my overall point is that they could mine their 80 years of content and "do it right this time" over and over because they're actually tapping appropriate talent and funding the endeavors instead of going with whatever writer can get the script out on time and whatever tracer can provide sufficient pouches to clutter up the panels.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Also tons of leaks from these new movies in the form of toys and merch flying around right now
    a toy of Riri in the Iron Heart suit and it's not what I expected, still nifty. Probably not her "final" or finished suit

Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Dark Raven X
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also tons of leaks from these new movies in the form of toys and merch flying around right now
    a toy of Riri in the Iron Heart suit and it's not what I expected, still nifty. Probably not her "final" or finished suit
    It's not just a reskin of Fallout Power Armor?

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    I just want to say one thing about the X-Men in the MCU:

Ahem... I like that they kept the 90s animated intro song as the stinger for mutant stuff and I hope when they finally do an X-men movie its the theme song.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
    ShadowfireAtomikaAbsoluteZeromrpakuBionicPenguintzeentchlingmxmarksGnome-InterruptusSnicketysnickTofystedethCojo Mojo
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Unbelievable

God.

Dammit.

MarathonAbsoluteZeroDark Raven XDoctor DetroitAnti-SeanSpoitShadowfiretzeentchlingcj iwakurasee317ArmorocHappylilElfPailryderEmperorSethWhelkphysi_marcMyiagrosMvrck
  • AtomikaAtomika Flames. On the side of my face.Registered User regular
    edited July 25
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    I just want to say one thing about the X-Men in the MCU:

Ahem... I like that they kept the 90s animated intro song as the stinger for mutant stuff and I hope when they finally do an X-men movie its the theme song.

Same

Especially since they’re making a fourth season of the animated X-Men

Atomika on
    Fencingsax
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 25
    We need a very X-Men X-Men.

Strange 2 spoilers
    I assume the X-Men will come from the alternate universe with Xavier dead.
    They were leaning hard into it with the yellow wheelchair.

They killed off Mr. Fantastic, which was annoying. Still, they can bring him back some way.
    It would be a very Fantastic Four thing to do.
    Mr. Fantastic might have prepared for that. You notice how his body suspiciously disappeared?

Krathoon on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Rumour mill says those cameos in Multiverse of Madness were purely fan service, not an indication of things to come.
    supposedly for MCU native Reed Richards they wanna cast a young guy, not skip straight to old man John Krasinski, unfortunately. Similarly Giancarlo Esposito is rumored to be MCU native Xavier, wouldn't expect to see Patrick Stewart again.

Oh brilliant
    Rumour mill says those cameos in Multiverse of Madness were purely fan service, not an indication of things to come.
    supposedly for MCU native Reed Richards they wanna cast a young guy, not skip straight to old man John Krasinski, unfortunately. Similarly Giancarlo Esposito is rumored to be MCU native Xavier, wouldn't expect to see Patrick Stewart again.
    Really, I wish they would just use that alternate universe. It seemed interesting. Have a whole different history. Pizza Popa.

• OrcaOrca Registered User regular

<angrycat>Good.

That's kinda what I figured I mean, especially with
    Patrick Stewart needs to rest my god they are working that man to death

Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    DevoutlyApatheticMarathonShadowfireFencingsaxtzeentchlingmxmarkscursedkingGnome-InterruptusArmorocWhelkTofystedethMunkus BeaverCururu
    Well, they killed him off. Totally could use that X-Men universe now.

John Krasinski can’t be Reed Richards in the 616 MCU because he’s already Agent Jimmy Woo in WandaVision and Ant-Man

ZonugalDark Raven XDoctor DetroitShadowfiretzeentchlingBionicPenguinGnome-InterruptusArmorocSnicketysnickamateurhourFoolOnTheHillPailryderEmperorSethWhelkTofystedethMunkus BeaverCojo MojoadytumEvermourn
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I keep seeing ads for Starz using Venom 2 to advertise for their service and I'm gonna be honest, I couldn't think of a worse movie to use to try to lure people into your shit streaming app.

Venom 2 is one of the most offensively bad super hero movies ever made. I'll never forget the movie was so bad my friend fell asleep in the theater, and the only thing that woke him up? Was me laughing extremely hard. Because Carnage took his big dumb fingers and stuck into the ports of a laptop to hack the computer... To use Google maps...

I mean, TBH, I bought it for a dollar on prime day to watch that

steam_sig.png
    I'm sorry for your loss

Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    ShadowenShadowfireAbsoluteZerochrono_travellerGnome-InterruptusAtomikacj iwakuraArmorocMunkus BeaverJonBob
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Eh it's Venom 2. At least they're not using Morbius to advertise.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Morbius was atleast a comedy, so I got a good chuckle

Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Morbius did have Matt Smith.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

for real. Also I'm not trusting rumors but that rumored casting is actually really really good, i'm kind of annoyed now that it's most likely not true

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    A terrible phone-hiding-in-a-bag copy of the Ant Man trailer is out there, and it sounds incredible.

The final line of the trailer is so good.
    Scott: Listen, I dont know who you are, but Im an Avenger.

Kang: An Avenger...?

...have I killed you before?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Dark Raven XShadowfireMvrck
    Krathoon wrote: »

Matt Smith looks like he’s wearing someone else’s face over his own

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

Matt Smith looks like he’s wearing someone else’s face over his own

He kind of always looks like that.

cj_iwakura.gif
    AtomikaArmorocmrpakuWhelksouthwick
  • KPCKPC Registered User regular

My favorite part of Morbius is when he makes 2 doses of poison—one for Milo and one for himself—and then never mentions his own dose ever again.

Local H JayArmoroc
    KPC wrote: »

My favorite part of Morbius is when he makes 2 doses of poison—one for Milo and one for himself—and then never mentions his own dose ever again.

My favorite part is when grew ears that looked like assholes so he could um, hear good

Like a bat

Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was as surprised as anyone when Kevin Fiege announced they wouldn't be making any more Marvel movies, but if you want to talk about the ones they made before cancelling all the new ones, you should make a new thread to do that in because this one, like the MCU, has reached it's conclusion.

PailryderWhelkadytum
This discussion has been closed.