As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[VTuber] thread: The character is virtual. Everything else is real.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    nijisanji's team rocket has a new cover out

TryCatcher
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    shoeboxjeddyCentipede DamascusDarklyreIanatorAndy JoeTryCatcherOlivaw
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooperaugustDiarmuid
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited November 24
    Baelz announced in her delayed stream that she'll be taking a break until December. She didn't give a reason, but said she'd go over it when she returned.

She also announced a new creative project called BaeWatch, but left the content a mystery until the premiere.

E: I was listening while working, so didn't see the dates until this edit, 29/11 - 06/12 for Bae's break

Hellbore on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Selen + Ollie + Apex finally happening sometime in Dec.

miscellaneousinsanityshoeboxjeddyMercutio87IanatorrhylithDarklyreOlivaw
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited November 24
    Vshojo posted their official statement for the doxing/swatting stuff and without using names calls out nuxtaku.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Mercutio87Mercutio87 Registered User regular
    Overcoming procrastination with Selen, 2X playback speed

Crippl3Hades
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Sort of related, but a few prominent indie EN VTubers (Momo, girl_dm, FeFe, chibidokii and Bao) along with Nux have all added a {Redacted} to their Twitter, so there might be a new group starting up.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Vshojo posted their official statement for the doxing/swatting stuff and without using names calls out nuxtaku.

ht tps://twitter.com/VShojoOfficial/status/1463325838288605185?s=20

Key paragraph:
    Our cybersecurity experts and law enforcement contacts unanimously agree that any form of taunting or bragging directed at threat actors is highly likely to inspire retaliatory attacks that otherwise would not have happened, and they also emphasize that excessive public disclosures could allow them to cover their tracks. Additionally, publicizing the names of harmful communities helps their recruitment and helps more people find harmful personal information.

Is almost like there's an actual reason why that selfish prick was repeatedly asked to not publish that video or something.

Stragint
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    People like those can get sued for driving people to suicide and carry on like nothing happened. It's not like they care.

adventure quest endurance stream i am BEGGING you

miscellaneousinsanity
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    selen stream boohbah zone

Crippl3WeedLordVegetaaugustDiarmuidHades

steam_sig.png
    augustCormacmiscellaneousinsanitySorce
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Amelia premiering definitely live, not prerecorded karaoke in 20 mins

shoeboxjeddy
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's also unarchived but will definitely be performed live again and not rebroadcasted 8 hours from now

hoshikawa had a few thoughts on her appearance at haachama's concert

Towa has a shiny new cover and is great:

shoeboxjeddymiscellaneousinsanity
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    castle crashers happening tonight with pomu, selen, rosemi, and enna. Should make for some spicy remarks

Stragintmiscellaneousinsanity
    Oh man, nuxtaku is making it worse. He posted a twitlonger basically saying he got permission to post it and Veibae replied with this:

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

TryCatcher
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Goddamn, that retort had more production value put into it than some TV commercials.

TryCatcher
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Stragint wrote: »
    Oh man, nuxtaku is making it worse. He posted a twitlonger basically saying he got permission to post it and Veibae replied with this:

what a shit

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
    StragintshoeboxjeddyCormacTryCatcherWerewolf2000adDarklyreJusticeforPlutoOlivaw
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    hey uh can I get a tl;dr on who this nux guy is and why everyone is mad at him

Athenor
    Aaaand he privated the video (not deleted, so he can still profit from it). You know, after the damage is done.

Vei was clutch on that video, that completely destroys his story.

Stragint
    Holy crap these poor women cannot catch a break when it comes to men they work with being assholes.

steam_sig.png
    King RiptorStragintshoeboxjeddyBeef AvengerAthenorCormacIncenjucarSorceAndy JoeOlivawSkeith
    hey uh can I get a tl;dr on who this nux guy is and why everyone is mad at him

Nuxtaku is a guy who comments on vtubers and stuff on his youtube channel, he's also kind of a wannabe vtuber. My understanding is that recently some unknown parties put up a fake vshojo website and were soliciting applications from people who maybe would want to join vshojo, which they used to dox indie vtubers. There also seems to have been some doxxing and harassment of vshojo talents involved in the situation.

Nux apparently came across this scam site and contacted vshojo about it, but they were already aware of the situation and had been working with a cybersecurity firm and law enforcement to sort the whole mess out. Nux told them he was making a video about the situation, they asked him not to do that, because things were still in progress and they didn't want to either incite more harassment or spook the bad actors before things were sorted out. Nux ignored them and put up the video anyway and tried to take credit for alerting vshojo to the situation, along with many other lies.

• rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Edit: beaten with more detail.

rhylith on
    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    Holy crap these poor women cannot catch a break when it comes to men they work with being assholes.

What's a huge bummer is that right now VShojo should be celebrating their first anniversary as an agency.

Instead, they are dealing with...this.

rhylithStragintshoeboxjeddyDarklyreMillAndy JoeKing RiptorOlivawSkeith
    In happier news Ironmouse and Connor are playing Minecraft and Kson is playing on the server. She was talking with Ironmouse and Connor for a bit.

Kson's stream is starting soon and she is going to be playing Minecraft with Melody.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Nux caters to the shittier side of the anime fandom, or at least he did when I stumbled onto his videos a few years back during the golden era of anitubers and he was grating enough for me to avoid him from that point on. He's been what you could call a "pngtuber" the whole time so pivoting to being a full vtuber makes sense for him.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Snuffy also weighs in:

wtf

and Nux decided to respond to those tweets with DMs between them about that situation, as if sharing a private conversation is supposed to make him look better? (It does not). Yeesh

edit: lol he deleted it. Guess everyone responding with how the stuff in the DMs only reinforced what Snuffy was saying got to him

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I will never get tired of Smolomyth. That 1:12 video instantly made my day.

StragintCentipede DamascusIanatorCrippl3Olivaw
    apparently she's got a few smol vids she's gonna deploy during the holiday break

also, karaoke encore for those who missed it:

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Kronii reading Superchats from that time Cortana interrupted her stream. Of course, since then, she's turned Cortana off permanently and... she turned back on during the SC reading. That's gonna be a clip.

edited November 25

the people need to know

on the more wholesome side

WeedLordVegeta on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    this conclusion to Mumei/Bae's A Way Out is histerical

owl has absolutely no chill lmao

shoeboxjeddy
    Petra has absolutely no chill: