As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WRECKAGE — Tactical Carnage

17810121315

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

    ((They're round 2, while I'm round 3! But yes, I am anxiously awaiting their turn before I decide what to do! Awoo is kind of a coward, especially since their blood got reduced even more earlier. They might either run away entirely, or reload and shoot/keep running. Just so y'all know what I was thinking of before I do it!))

    ((I was saying that my round 3is just going to be reloading and moving, so after Guard goes in round 2 / when we start round 3, Elvenshae can basically go ahead and do their round 3 turn, even if I haven't posted mine yet (I'm basically on like Afghani time)))

    With this in mind…

    Pa’ew

    Pa’ew reloads on the run.

    Pa’ew moves adjacent to the guard and grasper.

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Geon-Zo sees its allies in position to, hopefully, end the threat of the guard, and the guard without a weapon momentarily. It decides to help them all do so, turning and throwing the remains of The Device at the guard’s head as a destruction before charging in! “Finish it!,” the purple hulk sings.

    Action 1 to move adjacent to the guard.
    Action 2 to Grab it, reducing our mutual DRs by 3.

    On the guard’s turn, assuming it hasn’t been pasted, Geon-Zo will use an off-turn melee attack to rend the guard with its claws.

    Endless_Serpents
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Geon-Zo sets up the assist, and Awoo gladly takes their shot(s)!

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for shot1
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for shot2

    shot1:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=5, 2]
    shot2:
    2d6+3 14 [2d6=6, 5]

    JtgVX0H.png
    Elvenshae
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    More joyous bubbling

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    3/12 blood for the guard!

    The bone plating of the guard’s face is blown off, revealing a surprisingly soft visage beneath. Its skin is a translucent white, with large pale eyes and a toothless maw. It stumbles back into a waiting arm, which lifts the guard back onto its feet.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Darmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The Tower

    The tower seems to recede in some way, the weight of it all lifts a little. The room is just a touch cooler.

    The platforms of muscle droop away slowly, like a tire with a slow puncture, until they’re level with the floor.

    Around the corner to the north, a wall of veins rises up, blocking your exit—but even so, it looks thin. Destructible, as all things are with enough applied physics.

    6p00v9z6b5js.jpeg

    ElvenshaeDarmak
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Myo watches the struggling Guard and unlimbers its new toy. The tool seems to be building up to something, but it hasn't quite reached it yet.

    Swap back to the Cutter
    Attack the guard!


    Geth, roll 2d6+4 for Cut (2 damage)

    Cut (2 damage):
    2d6+4 10 [2d6=3, 3]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

    ((They're round 2, while I'm round 3! But yes, I am anxiously awaiting their turn before I decide what to do! Awoo is kind of a coward, especially since their blood got reduced even more earlier. They might either run away entirely, or reload and shoot/keep running. Just so y'all know what I was thinking of before I do it!))

    ((I was saying that my round 3is just going to be reloading and moving, so after Guard goes in round 2 / when we start round 3, Elvenshae can basically go ahead and do their round 3 turn, even if I haven't posted mine yet (I'm basically on like Afghani time)))

    With this in mind…

    Pa’ew

    Pa’ew reloads on the run.

    Pa’ew moves adjacent to the guard and grasper.

    Why the fuck would a Ranged character move into melee?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Tox wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

    ((They're round 2, while I'm round 3! But yes, I am anxiously awaiting their turn before I decide what to do! Awoo is kind of a coward, especially since their blood got reduced even more earlier. They might either run away entirely, or reload and shoot/keep running. Just so y'all know what I was thinking of before I do it!))

    ((I was saying that my round 3is just going to be reloading and moving, so after Guard goes in round 2 / when we start round 3, Elvenshae can basically go ahead and do their round 3 turn, even if I haven't posted mine yet (I'm basically on like Afghani time)))

    With this in mind…

    Pa’ew

    Pa’ew reloads on the run.

    Pa’ew moves adjacent to the guard and grasper.

    Why the fuck would a Ranged character move into melee?

    Pa'ew could move somewhere else then?
    I don't think anyone minds if you correct orders that the host put in for your character.

    discrider on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    ((next round I have to reload and probably move again so Elvenshae can just go ahead with their on-turn action when it comes up round 3))

    ((They're round 2, while I'm round 3! But yes, I am anxiously awaiting their turn before I decide what to do! Awoo is kind of a coward, especially since their blood got reduced even more earlier. They might either run away entirely, or reload and shoot/keep running. Just so y'all know what I was thinking of before I do it!))

    ((I was saying that my round 3is just going to be reloading and moving, so after Guard goes in round 2 / when we start round 3, Elvenshae can basically go ahead and do their round 3 turn, even if I haven't posted mine yet (I'm basically on like Afghani time)))

    With this in mind…

    Pa’ew

    Pa’ew reloads on the run.

    Pa’ew moves adjacent to the guard and grasper.

    Why the fuck would a Ranged character move into melee?

    Pa'ew could move somewhere else then?
    I don't think anyone minds if you correct orders that the host put in for your character.

    We’re all having a rough time lately and it’s not set to get any easier, but I’m going to ask you to calm down about this imaginary skirmish game.

    What you can do next time is simply state what you would have done differently and I’ll alter things accordingly.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Myo

    The cutter does its job, and it’s half way into the guard’s shoulder when—



    Grasper

    —a dozen open hands push the guard away! Then they swing back around and pull you to them!

    Myo is now stuck between the grasper and the guard! They’re flanked!



    'Xim

    Now is the time for more violence. You’re pretty sure you’ve got life figured out now.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    'Xim hasn’t existed long but I like to imagine their mind has nothing but cheesy power ballads playing.

    Elvenshaediscrider
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    'Xim chortles as the guard appears back in view.
    Stepping forward, they bring their axe down on the surrounded foe.

    Minion roll 2d6+2 for 2 damage

    2d6+2 4 [2d6=1, 1]

    discrider on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    As the frail bone splinters off, 'Xim looks around to try to figure out exactly where axes come from actually.

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    As the frail bone splinters off, 'Xim looks around to try to figure out exactly where axes come from actually.

    As a new parent, Myo is not mentally prepared to have this conversation.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    ElvenshaeDarmakdiscriderEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    'Xim

    The axe breaks at the handle, the blade a permanent fixture in the guards head, splitting them down to the shoulders!

    'Xim! Roll morale! That’s a good old 2d6. You’re trying to beat the last grasper’s DR. If you succeed, pick one:
    - It flees. Your reputation spreads.
    - You execute it.
    - It gives you what it thinks you want.

    Endless_Serpents on
    DarmakElvenshae
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Minion roll 2d6 for intimidating the resupply cabinet

    intimidating the resupply cabinet:
    2d6 5 [2d6=2, 3]

    Darmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    A badass. That’s me.

    So what do you wanna do to, or have this thing, do?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    A badass. That’s me.

    So what do you wanna do to, or have this thing, do?

    I need another weapon. I assume they grow in these walls somewhere.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The arms twist back, cracking at odd angles as they merge with the wall. When they’re gone all that remains is a huge scab.

    One pull and you get yourself a Toothy Mace.
    tb63hhjj41ns.jpeg
    Melee Weapon
    Damage: 1
    Grip: one handed
    Special: pierces through armour

    ElvenshaeBursar
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    'Xim grins as he brandishes his new weapon.
    'Look Overseer, The Tower provides!'

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Combat, for now, is over. You are victorious!



    Myo, what will you say to your spawn?

    'Xim, what is the meaning of life?

    Pa’ew, should the squad care for Ushabti’s dying wish?

    Geon-Zo, what has this fight taught you?

    Awoo, why aren’t you dead yet?

    There will be a challenge or two soon enough, especially if you want to investigate this mess.

    What do you do?

    Elvenshae
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    what is life for?
    ...
    Growth? Red and churning.
    I protect the hive and the overseer protects everyone.

    Why am I thinking this.
    This is a question for the Tower.
    I'm hungry


    'Xim puts this whole monologue down to the good brain juices that the Tower has provided.

    discrider on
    Darmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    JtgVX0H.png
    Endless_SerpentsBursarElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Myo gazes upon its new kin. Must take after yer ma rises to the front of the mind, but whatever is said next will surely be momentous words in young 'Xim's memory, so they ought to be good. It tries to think of what might have been said back in the Old Days.

    "This Tower has surely given the best of its strength in making you. Having realized what it gave, it will want that power back, but it is weaker now and we will deny it. Come! We are all family by blood spilled if not blood shared; you are one of us."

    Huh. Myo wills the little voice that had been chirping in the back of its mind since it rose from the bath far, far away. That was embarrassing. Not a single pun!

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    DarmakElvenshae
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    After letting loose that satisfying, post-battle howl, Awoo walks over to the newcomer and fizzes towards them inquiringly

    ((basically saying "hi!"))

    JtgVX0H.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    'Xim looks at the overseer and Awoo.
    And blinks with concern.
    "Overseer, is the Tower sick?"

    Several eyes try not to look at Awoo.
    "how did the tower make this one", they whisper, a slab of an arm attempting to shield the whisper, at least that coming from its main mouth.

    discrider on
    Darmak
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    ((I am going to be out of town until Tuesday and won't be able to reply as often; please either let Myo be less chatty or feel free to have the memories speak up where it feels appropriate! In combat it runs up and pokes likely targets while drawing attention.))

    "The Tower's mind is dying, and the body thrashes with its fear. A Corpse and Tomb combo, extra fries."

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The following is not your only option. Any of you can decide to do something, and I’ll determine if it to be rolled as a challenge or if it’s just something you can do.

    An optional challenge: Investigate the area!
    Roll 2d6 + Grave to thoroughly examine things.
    Roll 2d6 + Brutal to tear up what’s nailed down!
    Roll 2d6 + Volatile to watch your backs during this supposed moment of safety.
    Roll 2d6 + Fierce to figure out what you find before you point the business end at your own heads.


    If you spread yourself across a couple of challenges evidently you won’t have enough hands to cover every problem.

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Geon-Zo, what has this fight taught you?

    This fight has taught Geon-Zo nothing. The squad is fleeing a crushing defeat, looking for a haven that likely doesn't exist. Any bright spot, any respite, is, at best, a fleeting moment; there primarily to highlight the depths the squad is being forced into.

    But you're gonna take these bastards with you.

    Alternatively:
    Success is hollow, Mitch; hollow like a dead tree.

    :D

    Endless_SerpentsDarmak
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tossing the empty magazine, Pa'ew lets out a growling sigh, either at the follower, or at the axe; it's hard to be sure

    "Eaay come, eaay go I guess. Anything else here that might be useful? Not sure how long we have to breath."

    Pa'ew regards the path they came down, and briefly regards the way forward, unsure which is a bigger potential threat

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for watching our backs while the others loot

    watching our backs while the others loot:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=4, 1]

    Darmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Curious and as easily distracted as ever, Awoo moves away from Xim and begins to investigate the area

    Geth roll 2d6+2 for investigation!

    investigation!:
    2d6+2 12 [2d6=5, 5]

    JtgVX0H.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    There's definitely a lot of blood here

    JtgVX0H.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular


    Just a little ambience…

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ''Dying?", 'Xim asks incredulously, blood pooling around his feet.



    "Guess we're moving then"
    'Xim starts loading itself up with everything it can reach
    Minion roll 2d6+1 for gotta grab everything I can

    gotta grab everything I can:
    2d6+1 13 [2d6=6, 6]

    BursarDarmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021


    Given it’s the weekend so we’ll all be busy I’m going to call time on this challenge, narrate it, and push us forward.

    Awoo

    You meticulously collect the weaponry and unused equipment of the guard, then pick your way around the room.

    Living Bone Spitter
    Ranged Weapon
    Damage: 1
    Range: 5
    Grip: one handed
    Special:
    Inflicts 1 damage to any creature behind your target on a miss.
    Add Grave rather than Volatile to the damage.

    Guard Shoulder Blades
    The calcified remains of an organic protection. Ripping it free and shoving it on yourself will negate the next attack against you. Then it will shatter, lost forever.

    Fauxile Teeth
    Weapon Mod
    With their transformative properties still active in death, they can be added to a melee weapon to increase its damage by 1.

    Table Leg
    Melee Weapon
    Damage: 1
    Grip: one handed
    Special:
    Feeding this Fauxile fragment 1 goo will have it inflict +1 damage on its next successful hit. Good to do before combat, it’ll require 1 action to feed it in combat.

    As if under the effects of magnetism, 5 goo has begun to congeal across the pooling blood.



    'Xim

    Smashing your way into a particularly exposed looking bit of the floor, you pull up something like guts. The tower shudders. You have weakened this already dying thing.

    Pinkish Cord
    50 feet of rope. Just rope. Don’t think about, it’s fine.

    Table Leg
    Melee Weapon
    Damage: 1
    Grip: one handed
    Special:
    Feeding this Fauxile fragment 1 goo will have it inflict +1 damage on its next successful hit. Good to do before combat, it’ll require 1 action to feed it in combat.

    Grasper Sweat Glands
    You’re unsure of its use, but it is fully intact. If you threw it, it’d go 3 hexes, plus Wrecking Die distance, if you care to add one.

    Chalk Deposit
    A chunk of chalk, the size of, well, someone’s head. Not you though. You’re above having a face separate from your mass. You could break a piece off and mark things with it, or trade it in a fortress. Fortress people love writing things.



    Pa’ew

    The rear is clear. But you don’t catch the enemy stacking up on veiny door the tower created not long ago. By the time you see them it’s too late for you to surprise them.

    This’ll be a fair fight, no surprise from either side.



    The Squad
    None of you have the time to thoroughly identify any secrets or additional effects of what you have found. Getting out of here is a much higher priority. No one roll + Fierce to figure things out. That option is gone.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Simultaneously to all this, those of you that haven’t done anything in this downtime, tell me what you want to do. The fight won’t break out until you’ve done what you need to do.

    Perhaps you pushed some corpses around to make cover, or swapped your weapons, surprise me!

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    This is just a rough estimate of your positions. The thin, breakable wall between you and the enemy is still up!

    81vzaxe18asi.jpeg

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    'Xim licks the block of chalk while strapping various things on with rope.

    Minion roll 2d6 for Grave to identify whether this is a Tower seed? (Thought grave was understanding things, and Xim is only attempting to answer this question, rather than figuring out anything else)

    Can I dual wield melee weapons? Do they both break on a midnight?

    Grave:
    2d6 7 [2d6=2, 5]

    discrider on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    'Xim

    You are, as far as you are aware, an absolute trail blazer. A trend setter. No one has ever licked this ‘chalk’ before, and the results are new, pristine, discovered by you alone. You’re Science 'Xim, Research 'Xim.

    You determine chalk is a fine-textured, earthy type of limestone distinguished by its light color, softness, and high porosity. It is composed mostly of tiny fragments of calcite shells or skeletons. It could well have been an intruder that was crushed, pressured, over an extremely long period of time. Or something less morbid, like a fault in the flesh of the tower, creating this lump of chalk in place of something more useful.

    An extremely important question!

    One handed weapons are used individually. You can make an attack with your left hand weapon, then use your next action to make an attack with your right hand weapon. When you roll snake eyes (1 + 1), only the weapon you attack with breaks.

    This makes one handed weapons ideal if you need to keep attacking over a long combat encounter.

    Two handed weapons are more of a risk, though on average they are simply better statistically than one handed weapons. Something you will learn very soon…

    Endless_Serpents on
Sign In or Register to comment.