As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WRECKAGE — Tactical Carnage

1911131415

Posts

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    But I need a hand free to grapple?

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    discrider wrote: »
    But I need a hand free to grapple?

    You don’t need a free hand to tackle someone. In this game you’re not martial artists, think of any kind of grappling as more akin to an American Football player bulldozing another player. Or, if you do envision your character as a bit more slick, a slide tackle or drop kick.

    You’ll note that the effects of tackling a target end when the round does, so it’s a much more momentary grapple than in D&D, which continues on until someone rolls above a certain number to free themselves.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Fake edit: Oops, I thought I had hit post on this the other day.

    Speaking of taking bastards with you ...


    Geon-Zo picks up the largest remaining chunk of the Device and, as hard as it can, rams it into the wall of the Tower. It thens spends a few moments pulling apart what furniture remains, looking for something it can use as a club or spear. Maybe there’s a chunk of tabletop suitable as a pavisse.

    Finally, before moving on, Geon-Zo carefully collects the body of the Overseer. She was a Squaddie, however briefly, and will be buried as such. There were too many that couldn’t, and Geon-Zo will do it right for once.


    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Constructive deconstruction

    Two handed weapons are more of a risk, though on average they are simply better statistically than one handed weapons. Something you will learn very soon…

    *pours one out for The Device …*

    Constructive deconstruction:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=1, 6]

    Darmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Geon-Zo, your passionate behaviour has earned you 1 Wrecking Die!

    The head of your fallen follower is in the part in the best condition. You can tie her to your hip by her greasy, unkept hair.
    @Elvenshae
    Aw, that’s nice.

    DarmakElvenshae
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’ll give it a few hours, then it’ll be time to roll initiative.

    At present the squad roles are as follows:

    Point = tie breaker, initiative roller
    Myo

    QM = journey navigator, gear counter
    Geon-Zo

    Flag bearer = makes squad exist (+2 blood, -1 DR)
    Pa’ew


    These all need shifting around, in my opinion!

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Oh, last thing, throw some of that gear at each other. Don’t stand on ceremony, take what you need, anything you’re unsure of I will assume is being carried on the back of the current Quartermaster.

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Add Grave rather than Volatile to the damage

    ((Wait, do we add a stat to weapon damage, too? I thought weapons did a set amount, and the stat was for the attack roll.))

    Myo doesn't have an instant calling towards any of the items being gathered, though the Teeth would always be welcome. It posts up beside the fleshy film to peer at the hazy shadows of whatever's milling around on the other side.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Oh sugar. I’m such a bad teacher. I wish this was in person, or by discord, but I’m usually outside.

    You roll 2d6 to try and hit your target. You want to beat their Dodge Rating (DR).
    You gain a +1 bonus to this if you’re on high ground compared to them.
    You gain an increasing bonus to this after turn one, which I’ve called Battle Rhythm.
    There are some other ways that might pop up, like class abilities.

    Your damage is the weapon + stat.
    Brutal for melee.
    Volatile for ranged.

    I’ve been keeping track of it, so you’ve been dealing correct damage so far.


    The seconds slow to a halt. Right now Myo has just pressed themselves up against the flimsy wall. Something gazes right back.

    Myo, right ahead of you, there’s some shoulder high cover. A little south of that an even cruder looking creature than 'Xim is looking at you, axe in hand. It’s enraged, steaming, freaky.

    That thing is going to attack you, up close and personal.

    Taking the duck action next to that cover will increase your DR by 2 until you move away from it. It’s uses up an action, but it’s a solid investment for a ranged squaddie.


  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "Oooooooooooooooooo"

    Caressing the bone spitter, Awoo tosses the rest of the stuff they picked up to the QM, Geon-Zo. They think about it for a second, and toss over their pistol with the laser guide too.

    ((If y'all don't mind, I'ma swap my pistol for this thing, and y'all can divvy up the rest of the stuff. After y'all take your pick of things, I'll look at what's left and see if there's anything else I want since I claimed this bone gun first without asking.))

    JtgVX0H.png
    Elvenshae
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    There's some gross sloshing noises coming from inside Awoo's suit

    JtgVX0H.png
    Elvenshae
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The bone spitter stabs a hole through Awoo’s suit at the wrist, and finds a connection.

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "Loooook, I finally have an organ to go with my skin!"

    JtgVX0H.png
    Endless_SerpentsElvenshae
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @Darmak
    Take a Wrecking Die, you mad man.


    A second passes, the flimsy wall has begun to fall.

    You see a giant heart suspended from huge arteries and rusty pipes. It beats with abominable life.

    There are several combatants taking position, raising weapons, hunkering down against cover. Guards. A crude copy of Myo’s spawn.

    Beyond them, the dripping tunnel that leads out under the wastes. Your exit, your escape.

    I’m going to save the fight for Monday evening. Send in your questions in the mean time, and discuss your plans. You can shuffle your current placement on the battle map as you please. Mark it on the map or describe it.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    e25zk4tlntru.jpeg

    That white blob is 1 goo. You can pick it up and apply it to yourself as an action to recover 1 blood. You did so well searching it’s no big deal, for you

    1G, 2G and 3G are guards. You fought one just like them, but their initiative will be higher…

    2X has everything Xim had when they first spawned. They’re crazy though. All screams.

    1c and 2c are the last cleaners of the tower. The rest have been eaten by the tower to ‘keep them’. Checking the ceiling for a split second, you can see a bunch are being partially digested or gripped tight by dozens of hands…

    That big purple heart is keeping all this going.

    If you reach the tunnel, you’re out of here.

    Endless_Serpents on
    DarmakBursarElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    [Bender voice] Neat!

    If someone is positioned up at the other space next to the "door," (not necessarily you, Awoo) they can rush for the bit of cover just SE of 2x. Someone with a ranged weapon might be able to take advantage of the cover mechanic for once and stay there for a while while getting to hit a few targets.

    2x sounds like a real tough customer. We might be able to get in close and beat the snot out of it quickly if our initiative is high enough...

    Myo could move to the spot SW of 2x and provide pseudo-cover for anyone nearby while we smack at it.

    Do we want to kill the heart? It's doing a pretty good job of that on its own.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    ((what was the benefit to that pistol mod? Because either way I'd like it))

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Tox wrote: »
    ((what was the benefit to that pistol mod? Because either way I'd like it))

    ((It added +1 to attack for ranged weapons! The whole-ass pistol is available for grabs if'n'y'ant't))

    edit: ((I still have the stats for the pistol+mod on the Wreckage Google Doc sheet for all our characters and stuff. Here, if you missed the link for it earlier))
    edit2: ((ooooooh, you already have a pistol and just want the mod, I see! Well, regardless that's what it does lol))

    Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    Tox
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    'Xim is equipping the tooth mace and maybe the gross arm? I'm not clear if its ability does weapon damage+brutal on a tackle or just weapon damage. Which leaves a table leg either on him or with someone else.

    I sort of think the teeth might be best placed on the gross arm, as its not going to roll midnight, but then it might not be used to attack in scenarios where the -DR is undesirable.

    Also 'Xim is also happy to put all the Goo in his goo gullet.
    Not sure, what everyone else's blood is at though.
    'Xim is at 8/12 so could potentially heal for four, and store the other one.

    discrider on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    ((what was the benefit to that pistol mod? Because either way I'd like it))

    ((It added +1 to attack for ranged weapons! The whole-ass pistol is available for grabs if'n'y'ant't))

    edit: ((I still have the stats for the pistol+mod on the Wreckage Google Doc sheet for all our characters and stuff. Here, if you missed the link for it earlier))
    edit2: ((ooooooh, you already have a pistol and just want the mod, I see! Well, regardless that's what it does lol))

    ((I mean, I'll take both pistols if you don't care. Having a back up pistol isn't a terrible idea. ))

    ((My plan is to get to the spot where Geon-Zo is now, left most hex that lines up with the middle of the Heart, and just drop hot lead into the thing; that assumes it counts as being in all 7 hexes))

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ......
    Exactly how many functional cleaners are stuck to the ceiling and where are they located?

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    bi8etnazqq9x.png

    The majority are dead or painstakingly getting there, but three of them could pull themselves free if you threw them your rope and pulled them free! 1 action while adjacent to or under the cleaner

    Alternatively, any of you can shoot them loose with a ranged attack (3 DR), but they will suffer half your damage.

    Squad! You will earn a Wrecking Die for each one you release, even if they’re doomed to be hit in the crossfire.

    The gross arm deals only weapon damage on a tackle, no stat.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Elvenshae
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    darn
    Not close packed enough to use the sweat gland on then :P

    Endless_Serpents
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Absent any objections

    There is a loud *HORF* sound as 'Xim keeps cleaning up the battlefield.
    It appears to be studiously putting the congealed Goo into a smaller side-mouth.
    .. while figuring out whether it's easier to feed the mouth by hand or simply lie on the Goo puddles.

    11/12 blood, 2 Goo

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The combat encounter will begin in 3 to 4 hours. Make sure you lock down your positions and loot before then, as I will post who has what before the chopping and shooting starts.

    Who’s got the flag?

    Who’s rolling initiative?

    What do you want to know about what you can see?

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I think I am rolling initiative?

    Pop yer mods if you've got 'em!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I think I am rolling initiative?

    Pop yer mods if you've got 'em!

    In person I’d enforce squad role shifting, but it’s cool if you stay Point (initiative rolly man and final word if folks can’t decide on something).

    SPOILER
    This encounter is the last one before this session ends, then we’ll do the stuff you do at a session’s end, such as earn titles. After that we’ll see who wishes to continue to play.

    Darmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ((I think I'm all set, Awoo is going to crouch down (it's awkward for them being constricted by their new skin, but they'll manage) and ready themselves for combat, bone spitter out and pointing forward))

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    You have retained your current roles in the squad. Pa’ew has the flag.

    You have had enough time to put whatever weapons you possess in your hands. Keep track of that please!

    Anything that has not been explicitly picked up in a post is being carried by the current quartermaster, Geon-Zo. It’ll be 1 action to use it, or 1 action to toss it to someone else. You always catch stuff because you didn’t survive this long being clumsy.

    @Bursar
    Roll for initiative!



    h3y7qw268niv.jpeg


    nr7zlrz0lug0.jpeg

    I’ll slot you after you’ve whipped up your turn order.

    Any snags just say, I’ll rearrange positions to suit.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Elvenshae
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    With several hearty bellows, the deranged hulk with an axe bounds towards you (2X)! You hear several safety catches clicked off from the guns of the guards that are primed, already hunkered down against cover or aiming for you on bended knee!

    The tower’s bruised looking heart thumps quickly, pushing blood around the chamber before you. You feel a sudden quake to the north of the room, a vibration knocking you all a step to the right. Was that… from outside? Or are the veins of this abomination bursting under its own pressure? Impossible to say.

    That heart looks juicy, unprotected. You reckon you could easily cut into it, or blow holes through it. Not about to attack you though, so it might not be a worthy target right now. Or, perhaps, it’s exactly what you should be aiming for…

    Endless_Serpents on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    ((My plan is to get to the spot where Geon-Zo is now, left most hex that lines up with the middle of the Heart, and just drop hot lead into the thing; that assumes it counts as being in all 7 hexes))

    Endless_SerpentsDarmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    m7gmoqt7efql.jpeg

    discrider
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Initiative 1.
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Initiative 2.
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Initiative 3.
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Initiative 4.
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Initiative 5.

    Initiative 1:
    2d6 4 [2d6=1, 3]
    Initiative 2:
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]
    Initiative 3:
    2d6 12 [2d6=6, 6]
    Initiative 4:
    2d6 9 [2d6=5, 4]
    Initiative 5:
    2d6 6 [2d6=5, 1]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Darmak
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, not terrible. Two of us get to go before the Chunk, and four of us before the Guards.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    DarmakElvenshae
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Happy to go first and move to the blood so someone with more attacks can flank the chunk whilst behind the cover

    Darmak
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    ((Pa'ew will take the 8))

    Darmak
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    so I think that would be 12 - 'Xim to blood, 9 - Geon-Zo to.flank

    DarmakElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'll give Awoo the chance to act before the Guards open up, then.

    12 - 'Xim
    9 - Geon-Zo
    8 - Pa'ew
    6 - Awoo
    4 - Myo

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Darmak
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae to confirm the plan before moving ahead

    DarmakElvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Looks great to me, team. Geon-Zo is ready to run in and start hacking things apart. Also, today is Monday, not tomorrow. Holiday threw me off.

    Anyone mind tossing me one of the table legs to use? I'm kinda down a melee weapon at this point.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Looks great to me, team. Geon-Zo is ready to run in and start hacking things apart. Also, today is Monday, not tomorrow. Holiday threw me off.

    Anyone mind tossing me one of the table legs to use? I'm kinda down a melee weapon at this point.

    I don't think anyone lay claim to the one 'Xim didn't find

Sign In or Register to comment.