As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WRECKAGE — Tactical Carnage

191011121315»

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Awoo
    Following your vibration sensing membranes (or dumb luck), you lead the squad up and down the uncountable stairs and narrow bridges beneath the earth, until you see beams of light filtering in from above.

    There is a old symbol hewn into the walls at several points, ever increasing, that looks like it means ‘garrison’. What else had walls and a roof, right?

    Trouble is… the last staircase to the surface is smashed to piece. On purpose.

    Your new followers chirp uneasily, hoping for guidance from the mighty warriors around them… Looks like a challenge, but not one you can contend with. It’ll just take some of that brain juice.



    Before you is the base of some carved stone steps that circle up towards daylight. The gap until the next step is about thirty feet.

    Think of a plan, then execute it. It’ll take at least three of you to pull it off; the rest will suffer the consequences of your actions.
    Roll 2d6 + Brutal when muscle matters
    Roll 2d6 + Grave to foresee flaws in the plan
    Roll 2d6 + Volatile for speed and skill



    Beyond this bump in the road is exactly what you need, at the place you intended to find!

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    e3mmhif6wl6n.jpeg

    Zilla360
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    So, we have 50 feet of rope.
    And I've three Goo going to people who need it.

    discrider on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The staircase may be gone, but there are some bits where the supports used to be. Like... over there or there. All you'd need is someone strong enough to maybe climb over there, and yet dumb enough to not worry about what might happen if they fell.

    Someone like... oh. Dang.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I've got 2 blood out of 8, so I'll take whatever you're offering.

    Geon-Zo raises a chitinous eyebrow at Myo. Is he referring to it?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Xim has 3 Goo to give away, but Awoo is on 1 blood maybe?

    'Xim scratches their back.
    'Could we hack a way up out of the wall?'

    Then there's an explosion of laughter.
    'Maybe I could vomit someone up there with a rope!'
    There is a brief chitter as the cleaners start scowling at 'Xim.

    discrider on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ((Nah, I hopped back up at full health after getting wrecked. Full health being 2 blood lol))

    "Can these little bugs carry a rope and go across and somehow tie it off to the supports Myo pointed out?" Awoo asks

    JtgVX0H.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I've got 2 blood out of 8, so I'll take whatever you're offering.

    Geon-Zo raises a chitinous eyebrow at Myo. Is he referring to it?

    This was Myo volunteering itself, at least in its mind.
    "We need someone strong and dumb enough to think this is a good idea. Hey, I'm strong and think this is a good idea! Waitaminute..."

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I figured, but the comedy seemed worth it. :D

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The cleaners—eh, maybe they need a new collective name. Bug-boys? Recruits?

    There are three of them with you. Did one get eaten by something on the way? Well… you’ve definitely got three for the foreseeable future.

    You don’t speak the lingo but you think they’re called:
    1. Whistle
    2. Buzz
    3. Pop

    They’ll do whatever you tell them, alone or as a trio, and if you roll low on your part of the challenge they’ll take the brunt of any consequences for you.

    Right now they’ve got nothing, not even pants.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    'Xim glances at the overseer.
    'If you're sure..'
    Minion roll 2d6+1d6 for making darn sure the overseer doesn't fall (Grave, WD)

    'Xim has also given Geon-Zo the three goo

    making darn sure the overseer doesn't fall (Grave, WD):
    2d6+1d6 13 [2d6=6, 1] [1d6=6]

    discrider on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Myo isn't sure, but it is confident, which is close!

    With a grateful nod to 'Xim, it takes the rope before backing away from the ledge a few steps, then charges forward with what is sure to be a mighty leap!

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for muscle matters!

    muscle matters!:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=3, 3]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Geon-Zo tends to the lumbering, rather than the dextrous, and while it is dangerous over short distances it has no particular turn of speed for longer endeavours. Regardless, it tries to help out its squadmates, offering an assist to Myo to toss him into the air, like it saw someone do with a shield one time.

    Geth, roll 2d6+0 for Not all that speedy

    Not all that speedy:
    2d6+0 9 [2d6=3, 6]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Hello everyone.

    I’m sorry all, but we’ll have to end this. I’ve just been tested for Coronavirus after a few guys returned from another country and entered the site I was working on without isolating, and I’ve got it. I thought I had a cold. Lucky I got checked.

    Don’t be alarmed, I’m a pretty healthy person usually, been vaccinated, but I’m going to a hospital now. I feel really bad that after all the effort you’ve put in, which I really appreciated.

    —I’ve been staring at this for 2 minutes trying to make this better somehow. Sorry folks.

    Catch you later.

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Well, that sucks ass. I'm sorry to hear that and, of course, it's far more important you take care of yourself than run a game for us.

    Get better soon.

    Let me know if there's anything I can do for you or yours.

    Elvenshae on
    discriderBursarDarmakZilla360
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Take care, Serps.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    discriderZilla360
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Endless, it was a pleasure getting to play in your game! I hope you get better soon! 💚

    JtgVX0H.png
    discriderElvenshaeZilla360
Sign In or Register to comment.