Hey kiddos, it's time for a shiny new US Congress thread, because the old one has a bunch of miles on it and we still can't get the stench out of the upholstery from when Uncle Tommy got shitfaced and horked in the back seat.
- Talk about stuff congress is doing
- Talk about specific bills, committees, or other congressional type stuff that might be happening at the moment
- Try to give posters the benefit of the doubt and assume good faith of people you disagree with
- Use the report button if you think someone is being a problem
- Talk about stuff only vaguely related to congress
- Get too into the weeds regarding discussion of future election prospects
- Engage with others in a hostile fashion
- Complain about other forumers in the thread
- Bring personal beef or gripes from other threads into this one
- Talk about violence, riots, or revolution as either the solution to, or the consequence of, congressional action or inaction
- Talk about the 1/6 coup - we have a dedicated thread for that
Remember, we have threads specifically for climate change, police brutality, the coup, the economy, and a host of other topics. If you want to talk about one of these subjects in an in depth fashion and there's not a bill active in congress right now, one of these threads might be a better fit.
Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."