Options

Yeah the [NFL] sucks but I’m still doing FANTASY

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    With Jimmy Johnson going in, Canton will finally have a coach's hair that can compete with Chuck Daly in the Naismith Hall in Springfield, Mass.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Real League

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/977141/invitation?key=cc205aedaf632f81&ikey=ae9a034bf1da1771&soc_src=app-sh

Just the dumbest league with stupid rosters and scoring - 14 team max

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/977171/invitation?key=1963f4b96f5f95ca&ikey=38a0529817b79113&soc_src=app-sh

Draft times are flexible. If we can fill the stupid ass league id like to draft this Sunday because that would be super dumb to draft that early.

Still a bunch of spots available in both leagues. I know the NFL sucks but it’s gonna happen so we might as well have fun with what we can!!!!

I signed up for the first one. Ready for some fake footballs!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I joined the real league because I am a hopeless addict who's jonesing.

Oh it is a snake draft, how dare you. Why won't you let me buy both Alvin Kamura and Christian McCaffrey and then have to rely on 1 dollar throwaways for the rest of my roster???

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I joined the real league because I am a hopeless addict who's jonesing.

Oh it is a snake draft, how dare you. Why won't you let me buy both Alvin Kamura and Christian McCaffrey and then have to rely on 1 dollar throwaways for the rest of my roster???

I did one auction draft in SE a few years ago. Got called into work. Auto drafted.

Woke up to a team with 4 Quarterbacks, none of them starters.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    How was Jimmy Johnson not already in the Hall of Fame before this year? Seems at least a decade late to me.

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Ready to avenge my second place finish last year. My partner as also ready to avenge their loss to me in the first round of the winner’s bracket (I’m scared)

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    How was Jimmy Johnson not already in the Hall of Fame before this year? Seems at least a decade late to me.

He only coached like 7 seasons total, and he sucked in Miami

He’s basically half a Jeff Fisher with 2 SB wins, a very weird candidacy

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

He only coached like 7 seasons total, and he sucked in Miami

He’s basically half a Jeff Fisher with 2 SB wins, a very weird candidacy

And after he got fired the Cowboys still won another Super Bowl on autopilot under Barry Switzer.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Put another way, he has the fewest wins of a HC that has been inducted by 22 wins (20% fewer!!), and the lowest winning percentage of any coach with like less than 125 wins, which is 50% more wins than he had

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Put another way, he has the fewest wins of a HC that has been inducted by 22 wins (20% fewer!!), and the lowest winning percentage of any coach with like less than 125 wins, which is 50% more wins than he had

Jimmy Johnson getting in cracks the door for Tom Coughlin a little since his winning percentage is comparable, has two titles, a lot more games and took a team besides the Giants deep into the playoffs

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Bad news for the saints makes me way too giddy. Wonder how much of this slant boy drama is real and how it will play out.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Eli posted this yesterday

eq8mia6noqtw.jpeg

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    That is the type of self-targeting sarcastic humor that legit never fails to make me appreciate someone just a little bit more.

Like you really can't be Kanye bad levels of arrogant and drop any sort of line that makes you even remotely the butt of the joke.

e: it's why I genuinely enjoy watching Justin Timberlake in just about anything. He's never afraid to make fun of himself. He knows his origins are little bit of a joke, and he's never tried to be too self-important for that sort of thing.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Saquon is back.

Rajin your boys better protect him better this year! He's the closet thing to Barry Sanders this generation.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My theory on why Joe Buck always looks like a corpse is he must treat makeup people like absolute shit

And they take their revenge

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Saquon is back.

Rajin your boys better protect him better this year! He's the closet thing to Barry Sanders this generation.

I mean…when you’re at the bottom the only place you can go is up!

• Options
    Saquon is back.

I mean…when you’re at the bottom the only place you can go is up!

Started at the bottom and now we still here !

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Saquon is back.

Huh

Which of these RBs are you putting him over:
    Henry
    Cook
    Chubb
    McCaffrey
    Kamara

Hell you need to start looking at Ekeler, Dobbins, James Robinson, Josh Jacobs……

Btw I’m really pissed the Browns extended Chubb for $12m a year, even though I’m thrilled Chubb was able to get $12m a year….but they can find a 2nd rounder next year to give 85% of his production anyway….

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    I don't know why Saquon's stock would fall further than someone like McCaffrey who was out with little nagging injuries for the entire season. I'm not saying I'd be rock solid on picking him top 5, but if you were already high on him I'd be surprised to hear you sing a different tune this year.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Saquon wasn’t close to as good as those guys before his injury, and was taken #2 in a draft with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson, which then forced the Giants to panic draft between DJ and Haskins

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Wait talking fantasy yeah I agree about Saquon, the Giants are going to give him so many touches he’s going to get so many points if he’s healthy, regardless of if he actually helps them win football games IRL

Chubb is one of the least valuable fantasy guys on that list because he’ll get the least touches in scoring plays, but his per-touch numbers will still be some of the most productive ever (I think Chubb is up there with Jim Brown for best all-time per-touch production in his first 3 seasons)

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Saquon wasn’t close to as good as those guys before his injury, and was taken #2 in a draft with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson, which then forced the Giants to panic draft between DJ and Haskins

Put any of those guys on the Giants and they would have looked like shit too. That line has been absolutely pathetic at opening holes, Barkley routinely has to make people miss in the backfield just to break even on plays. His Rookie year had something stupid along the lines of 7 or 8 ypc when he didn't have to break a tackle in the backfield vs 1.2 when he did.

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

Put any of those guys on the Giants and they would have looked like shit too. That line has been absolutely pathetic at opening holes, Barkley routinely has to make people miss in the backfield just to break even on plays. His Rookie year had something stupid along the lines of 7 or 8 ypc when he didn't have to break a tackle in the backfield vs 1.2 when he did.

Sure, I think he’s good but that’s just further proof of the waste of a RB at #2

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Saquon is back.

Huh

Which of these RBs are you putting him over:
    Henry
    Cook
    Chubb
    McCaffrey
    Kamara

Hell you need to start looking at Ekeler, Dobbins, James Robinson, Josh Jacobs……

Btw I’m really pissed the Browns extended Chubb for $12m a year, even though I’m thrilled Chubb was able to get $12m a year….but they can find a 2nd rounder next year to give 85% of his production anyway….

The Browns still have plenty of cap space until they have to resign Mayfield in 2023. I don't see the Chubb contract being a problem at all especially if they don't try to resign OBJ.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Saints' Michael Thomas has allegedly demanded trade. Doubt it will happen because of his injury and money.

• Options
    My confidence in the season just plummeted

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2021

"We talking bout, Practice Raijin!"
    -G-Men players

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    At least he spotted the defender that was wide open.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Saw that earlier , think it was a misunderstanding or someone didn’t get what they were supposed to do cause otherwise I have no fucking idea who that ball was for.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Yeah. The receiver on the right stopped his route for some reason.

It’s not a big deal just funny

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Thought he was going for the ref and just threw a duck

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    There are that many fans at a team practice?

• Options
    “Hold your fucking water !”

I love when the microphone picks up players screaming profanity. Matt Ryan’s “get fucking set” is my all time favorite.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Your favorite sports league you won't give up on is pulling another Ray Rice investigation/bungling in real time btw while endangering 30+ women https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/13/the-problems-with-deshaun-watson-nfl-investigation
    By the time Ashley Solis met with NFL investigators, via Zoom call in April, she had already cleared many of the hurdles that come with bringing serious allegations against a high-profile celebrity. The 28-year-old licensed massage therapist was the first woman to file a suit against Deshaun Watson, describing sexual misconduct by the Texans quarterback. She forfeited her privacy by naming herself even before the courts required it, opening her up to a torrent of online abuse. She also met with Houston police to file a report. Even after all that, Solis was taken aback by questions posed by NFL investigators.

“This woman asked me what I was wearing, which honestly really pissed me off,” Solis told Sports Illustrated in what was her first interview with a media outlet. “She explained that that’s something that she has to ask—which I don’t believe at all. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be wearing that would suggest that I don’t want you to put your penis on my hand. Do I need to wear a turtleneck?”

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

-G-Men players

I mean, at 0:05 there's a completely unblocked defender right up the middle that in reality would have 100% sacked the quarterback long before he ever had a chance to make such a poor throw. So really, multiple points of failure here.

• Options

-G-Men players

I mean, at 0:05 there's a completely unblocked defender right up the middle that in reality would have 100% sacked the quarterback long before he ever had a chance to make such a poor throw. So really, multiple points of failure here.

That’s the Giants offense!

This discussion has been closed.