Options

Yeah the [NFL] sucks but I’m still doing FANTASY

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The one thing I'll say for preseason is that special teams plays kinda become their own little mini game. Watching returners legitimately compete to show off as much game awareness and football intelligence as athletic talent is kinda neat, doubly so since the guys competing at that position are all relatively equally talented and also not that far below a starter at that position, overall.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Nice to finally see fans in the new stadium.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Damn. This KC vs SF preseason game is somehow worth watching. 3rd and 4th string guys actually executing well, a couple of dumbass penalties on both sides, (to be expected).

3 lead changes in the last 5 minutes, with Buechele (H2O!) the Chiefs' 3rd QB with a fantastic play action fake outta the shotgun on the 1 yard line and trotted it in himself inside of 80 seconds left to get the 19 - 16 final tally:

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Well we lost a preseason game . Cut Brady trade white and David and evans blow it up fire the coaches etc

Being serious for a second Trasks arm looked real strong , don’t know why people were giving him flak for it , hit some receivers in the hands deep .

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I've watched....I think one preseason game, and it was like ten years ago, and it was really good. Multiple lead changes in the last few minutes. Got me into watching the NFL for a while. Weird shit can happen in preseason games because no one really cares and all the backups usually get to play for a while so they kind of mess around more than normal.

• Options
    Cuts have started coming in , gotta be nerve wracking for players this time of year.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cuts have started coming in , gotta be nerve wracking for players this time of year.

Now it's time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you.

• Options
    Probably said something about the opposing player's mom.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Your mom is a classy lady of dignity and integrity!

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Your mom is a classy lady of dignity and integrity!

ba4y8te7z157.gif

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Unless you’re Tim Tebow

• Options
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Unless you’re Tim Tebow

About that

• Options
    edited August 2021
    While your chud-adjacent serious take havers are tut-tut’ing the legit outrage that example of racial inequity 34 year old TE virgin occupying a roster spot represents, his dumbass just increased the chances that late-string RB that was trying to make the team for long enough to make enough money to offset his lifelong medical bills gets cut

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    two mock drafts deep and I can confirm that I feel totally rudderless outside of a couple picks. I've ended up with Julio twice, though one time he was my WR2 and one time he was my WR4.

I don't trust a lot of the top RB prospects. Cook will probably be good. Kamara and McCaffrey. Henry. Chubb? After that I need to have faith in Zeke or Saquon? Gross

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    My team making good moves for a change (although they should have proofread that headline).

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Especially with the violent reputation Raiders fans have cultivated over the years.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I've decided my feelings about the Taunting flag in that Panthers/Indy game. I don't ... care? Like, on it's face it's not really outside the "cone of probability" in the way new flags are overthrown in preseason. They'd rather players learn against the behavior at all, then ease off toward the letter of the penalty once it's regular season.

Now, they make a call like that in the regular season? And it decides a game*? Yeah, then I'll have questions.

*Not counting if the new rule causes a Saints loss that ends up having playoff implications; that's just standard procedure for new rules.

• Options
    My team making good moves for a change (although they should have proofread that headline).

Hopefully they have better luck than the Jackson County MO health department had at the Garth Brooks concert a few days ago. They had two free vaccination booths (Moderna, I believe) set up at Arrowhead Stadium and plenty of staff and red cross volunteers. Nearly 73,000 people attended. The final shots in arms total...35...a truly successful 0.0005%.

My state's stupidity knows no bounds.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

Weird that since they moved to Vegas, people no longer expect to get shot at a Raiders game

• Options
    Back to whatever it was he was doing before.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    He'll be the tight end coach by Friday. Heck, why not make him the OC too.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    8 people in the real league and 4 in the dumb league.
    We will absolutely do a 4 man league there if nobody else signs up

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Maximum wrote: »
    He'll be the tight end coach by Friday. Heck, why not make him the OC too.

Just make him a consultant or made up position or whatever if Meyer thinks his evangelical self-help bullshit will help the team

Stop giving him real jobs that have big backlogs of qualified candidates from under represented classes though

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Lx_ORMhpmoU

Time to dog pile on the falcons.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Oh fuck yeah

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I would love to sign up but being in Japan I can't really watch the games or follow any of the action in a timely fashion, plus I'm gonna be crazy busy at least through the end of the year, sadly

• Options
    https://youtu.be/azDwIrQQ8Wc

In the current is the Tampa bay buccaneers off-season , season review series . It’s very well made and entertaining this is the first episode of this season.

Also wtf was those shades devin .

• Options
    I know preseason is meaningless, but ouch anyway.

• Options
    Fucking forgot there was a game today , doesn’t seem like I missed much.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That was some football game, it wasn't even fun to watch. The Patriots had their first string in during the first quarter, and it was very obvious the eagles didn't

• Options
    I refuse to believe it’s obvious who the Eagles first string even is

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Can you combine them? 8 still seems low for FF, 12 seems like the ideal amount.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I refuse to believe it’s obvious who the Eagles first string even is

That's fair

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Can you combine them? 8 still seems low for FF, 12 seems like the ideal amount.

I'm most likely going to sign up as well, just making sure I can be free for the draft time. So that would make at least 9 :)

I would download a car.
  • Options
    There’s overlap between the leagues, probably all the 4 are also in the 8

• Options
    There’s overlap between the leagues, probably all the 4 are also in the 8

This

• Options
    Oh I see Steve changed our draft date

• Options
    Could you imagine missing your S/O's birthday to call a preseason game between the Bengals and Washington?

This discussion has been closed.