Options

Yeah the [NFL] sucks but I’m still doing FANTASY

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Baker had a real good to throw earlier , will never understand why some media dudes just seem to be so down on him.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    All 3 rookies have looked pretty good. I grabbed Trey Lance at the end of my bench as I think SF has a better team around him. But I could see Fields and/or Lawrence putting up fantasy stats here in year 1.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Baker had a real good to throw earlier , will never understand why some media dudes just seem to be so down on him.

Cowherd. It's because of fucking Cowherd still bitching when he sees a White QB, "Get arrested" or "Turn their Hats Backwards", which is not very "Quarterback"" according to Cowherd. Yet, his lips are always on the ass of Sam Darnold!

He's basically like that with Mayfield like Skip Bayless is towards Lebron. Always antagonizing.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Wentz back on ir , this time for covid. Maybe take the shot Carson.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    All 3 rookies have looked pretty good. I grabbed Trey Lance at the end of my bench as I think SF has a better team around him. But I could see Fields and/or Lawrence putting up fantasy stats here in year 1.

I’ve got fields as my backup because I assume he’ll be starting about halfway through the season.

Can always grab someone else if I’m wrong by my qb1’s bye

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

I’ve got fields as my backup because I assume he’ll be starting about halfway through the season.

That’s generous , really doubt Dalton makes it as far as mid season unless the bears are just steamrolling folks.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2021

That’s generous , really doubt Dalton makes it as far as mid season unless the bears are just steamrolling folks.

Also, Dalton is "Ginger Cursed", according to Defector, so it is preordained that he gets benched by week 3.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Also, Dalton is "Ginger Cursed", according to Defector, so it is preordained that he gets benched by week 3.

I call Dalton since he was drafted Oatmeal as it's acceptable but was it really what you wanted?

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Wilson had the shortest but best preseason of the bunch

Fields had the best highlights

Lawrence and Lance did what they needed to do

Mac Jones looked good too playing with 2nd teamers

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So it's a year after the NFL sent players out to die for money, and now that we've had enough time to process and truly forget about any wrongdoing the NFL has ever commited IT'S PROCRASTINATION STATION TIME BAYBEEE!!!!!

GET ON THIS TRAIN. Do you like fantasy football? Men brutalizing their bodies for your virtual numberscoredick to get bigger? Professional athelets denying the existence of a disease they've been infected with TWICE and refusing to get vaccinated, at the peril of not only themselves, their teammates, their opponents, and their entire families?!

THEN GET ON IN!!!

Wait you hate all of what I just said? I DON'T CARE, GET IN THE EVA SHINJI.

The rules are simple. This is an auction draft, aka a REAL DRAFT FOR MANLY MEN THAT LIKE TO ASSIGN NUMBER VALUES TO HUMAN BEINGS. The draft is held on September 8th, because PEAK PROCRASTINATION.

I don't care if you show up for it. I don't care if you don't. You may do WHATEVER YOU WISH to your virtual fantasy team. You can try as hard or not as all as you want! Do you want to rampantly cheat and draft two teams to create a mega roster? YES YOU CAN! Do you want the computer to do everything for you as you watch it's AI crash in slow motion? YES YOU CAN! Do you want to win so hard you are the biggest winner to ever grace anything ever? YES YOU CAN!

You don't need to know anything about football. Or you can know everything, with a pre-planned draft to DECIMATE your opponents. Who cares, just enjoy yourselves I mean shit it's just a glorified group excel spreadsheet anyways.

This will be a fairly normal draft, with all the usual positions and point values....with a twist.

There will be two QB's per roster starting every week. If you know what that means, good for you. If not, OMINOUS LAUGHTER.

CLICK THE BUTTON. BEGIN FOOTBALL

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1210301/invitation?key=f9a76f2086ac02ed&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=afb82d3428ff8e01

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    now this is the level of commitment I can get behind

...I'll sign up later, I'm busy right now

• Options
    My favorite stat of the month : the Dallas cowboys managed to go 0-4 in a 3 game pre season .
    Cause of the hall of fame game , but still it’s funny. [\spoiler]

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    now this is the level of commitment I can get behind

...I'll sign up later, I'm busy right now

Maybe next year

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What the fuck?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    ????????
    ????

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It’s so hard to not look at this through a lens of racism

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021

It really, really, *really* isn’t.

Clarification: Bill loves Cam. He went out of his way to help that guy out and "pump his tires." He didn't cut him because "racism."

Fawst on
  • Options

Cam hasn’t been good in awhile , this is just them deciding to take the lumps of a rookie qb and hoping the defense can compensate.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't want to point to Cam's lack of being vaccinated, but I don't think that did him any favors.

I'd also like to think that Bill wouldn't cut him unless he knew another team was going to sign him out of camp.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Do not trade for him, Miami. You're starting to get good and I want to be able to keep rooting for you.

I don't want to go back to cheering for the Lions.

Edit: Watson, not Cam. Although I don't think signing Cam would help the Dolphins either.

Magell on
  • Options
    That is all fair and makes sense. When it comes to any Boston team and black athletes I guess I’m always going straight to “racism” in my mind

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Cam has looked pretty washed up. Think he just hit that wall like Peyton Manning did. I was really excited for him in New England last year too.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    We’re all overlooking how much Bill wants QBs with no abs

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The thing is, if Cam isn't vaccinated and gets sick, he might take out the rest of the QBs on the team as well. Happened to the Broncos last year. I can see Bellicheck looking at the math on how Cam's been playing and deciding it's not worth the risk

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    cam has already gotten himself into covid protocols because he isn't vaccinated. at this point it's his own dumb fault

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I love Cam more than any player in the league which is admittedly a silly thing. It is very sad to see him released again but it is not at all surprising. Injuries destroyed him. He cannot play the way he needs to anymore.

Edit: also not getting the vaccine isn't helping. That's stupid

SirToasty on
  • Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    I love Cam more than any player in the league which is admittedly a silly thing. It is very sad to see him released again but it is not at all surprising. Injuries destroyed him. He cannot play the way he needs to anymore.

Edit: also not getting the vaccine isn't helping. That's stupid

Released is a good thing, though. He still gets his (albeit meagre) guaranteed money, and he gets to shop for a team on his terms, as opposed to being traded and likely landing a back-up gig (which he has said he doesn't want). Releasing him is a class act by BB, especially since he had a decent-to-good pre-season.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Most of his guaranteed is offset though, he's not gonna be double dipping if he signs somewhere else.

• Options
    Team him back up with Rivera

Or see if Indy is willing to admit Wentz ain’t gonna be worth shit

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Team him back up with Rivera

Or see if Indy is willing to admit Wentz ain’t gonna be worth shit

Rivera isn't going to happen. He's been pushing hard for all players to be vaccinated. He even had Harvard immunologist Kizzmekia S. Corbett come in to talk with players. He's a cancer survivor, so he's at a higher risk.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    A theoretical covid incident can also nuke your entire season in football much easier then any of the other major sports.

Like losing the wrong four players for just two games resulting in losses and that's it, you're cooked

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    As an Alabama and Mac Jones fan I am....nervous about this. The best thing about him going to the Patriots was that he was going to be able to take at least a year in the league and not get instantly creamed. I also just generally like Newton and it's sad that it's ending this way. Thought it was neat to have those two on the same team.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

It's Mark Davis, he's Dr Evil at best

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that place is horrid

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I mean...at least it's not a McMansion? (Depending on your definition of McMansion, I suppose)

This discussion has been closed.