As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] Triangle

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I need to eat but I don't know what to eat

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    my mortgage had PMI but they scheduled it for the full term of the loan, so i paid a lot less per month and still got to refinance it away after four years, mostly due to my house's value going through the roof pun maybe intended

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ah ok the 100k price difference was between two units, not a change to the unit price, so that is good

I can totally see myself living at the place I just toured, which is dangerous. But I’m actually not 100% sure I can make the down payment so it might be irrelevant

Now I have to tell myself it is unlikely that this is the best house I will ever see so I need to not like try to impulse buy it or be sad if someone else buys it or if I can’t afford it atm, etc

Difficult!

you can do an FHA loan for as little as 3% down, it just tacks on private mortgage insurance

but you can refinance out of the PMI once you have 20% equity, and the way the market is going (or if you overpay every month), that probably won't take long

huh my other friend is telling me you basically need to have 20% down and nothing else is good
    He bought recently but in the suburbs, and with like a whole staff of people helping him and his dad doing paperwork and stuff so who knows

you definitely don't need 20%, that's just the traditional target amount

you probably get a better interest rate if you do though

a lot of people think a 0.5% better rate over 30 years is worth blowing your life savings right now, but i tend to disagree even if it does save you money long term

Agreed.

Although I have to remind everyone whenever I post about money or real estate that I sank my life savings into a farm in what is possibly the last state that will have legal weed.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

tacos

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

tacos

https://youtu.be/nUwTnJ8yFXY

• Options

tacos

We had fajitas last night, but even then your suggestion remains compelling

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    iggdwcg0r128.jpeg

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

tacos

https://youtu.be/nUwTnJ8yFXY

Hm maybe I don't need to eat today

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Still stings a little to think that I sold Microsoft stock at $45 to buy that house. It's now $289. Though to be fair when I went full time at MS it was $25 and had been below $30 since the year 2000.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Far Cry 5, solving the problem of the wandering open-world player, who does everything but advance the main story, in the most crude way possible.

Once you do a set amount of activities you will literally be kidnapped to go do a main story mission, someone will call to tell you’re going to be kidnapped, then they’ll show up to kidnap you, NPCs yelling the whole time to each other about how you’re not supposed to die just taken somewhere and to use tranq bullets.

There’s not even an option to go somewhere to do the story, it’s like no don’t worry about it, we know you’re just gonna keep doing outposts, we’re just gonna force you to do the story at some point.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Come to think of it I sold at $184 to get the money for the cannabis farm. And that investment is still in the red. Though looking very promising for later this year once our first outdoor crop comes in.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Coworker has Covid. I’m the one who temped her and talked to her for a few minutes about how she was feeling. She was unmasked at the time.

Please based daddy moderna, don’t fail me now
    Why did she tell you face to face and not over the phone...?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I loved FC5 and did not love the "in the future" DLC game they made for it.

FC5 was the first Far Cry I was invested in enough to finish. I'm hoping FC6 is also this good.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Coworker has Covid. I’m the one who temped her and talked to her for a few minutes about how she was feeling. She was unmasked at the time.

Presumably isn't vaccinated so probably dumb as hell?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    8nm9458i44g71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e8e5164a539c01b27498e87e00dbcae0367ca1f3

Winky on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    In zoos I believe (with zero supporting evidence) that sometimes they don't feed carnivores on schedule, to simulate the irregular schedule in the wild

Now, let's monetize this into a diet

I call it: occasional fasting

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    In zoos I believe (with zero supporting evidence) that sometimes they don't feed carnivores on schedule, to simulate the irregular schedule in the wild

Yeah that is already a diet fad. Can't remember what they call it though.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

this is basically how i eat

• Options
    I dunno Eddy if I was a zookeeper I'd probably feed the giant animals that could kill me according to the proper schedule, so that they don't kill me.

• Options
    like P90X muscle confusion for my stomach

• Options
    To sexify it, maybe let's call it intermittent hunting

• Options
    It's too fucking hot outside so I'm working on my blunderbuss stock from my bed and just using my handheld vacuum to clean up after myself.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

the more useful idea here is to keep people in cages to keep them on their diet

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Computer, sexify

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

My new combination bdsm club and weight loss camp

• Options

My new combination bdsm club and weight loss camp

It's solid gold, Jerry!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Ah ok the 100k price difference was between two units, not a change to the unit price, so that is good

I can totally see myself living at the place I just toured, which is dangerous. But I’m actually not 100% sure I can make the down payment so it might be irrelevant

Now I have to tell myself it is unlikely that this is the best house I will ever see so I need to not like try to impulse buy it or be sad if someone else buys it or if I can’t afford it atm, etc

Difficult!

you can do an FHA loan for as little as 3% down, it just tacks on private mortgage insurance

but you can refinance out of the PMI once you have 20% equity, and the way the market is going (or if you overpay every month), that probably won't take long

I think the PMI scales to 0 over time as you approach 20% equity? At least, that’s what I was told when I looked into lending options recently.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

Difficult!

I think the PMI scales to 0 over time as you approach 20% equity? At least, that’s what I was told when I looked into lending options recently.

mine never decreased over time

i think there are loans that work that way though

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

Difficult!

When I had PMI it was a static insurance premium so even if I was $1 away from 20% equity I’d still be paying the same premium.

• Options
    i mean it is also the case that the mortgage industry is crazy and there are a billion different options and i'm sure none of them are good

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Free room and board, enrichment activities provided, and a steady stream of visitors saying how majestic I am? Plus the chance of a breeding programme due to the fact I'm endangered?

Sounds great

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    i think i'm starting to get the same mindless habit of scrolling hinge that i have for, say, scrolling instagram

the limited number of likes without paying thing i guess will keep that in check

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bethryn wrote: »

She didn’t tell me face to face that she had Covid. She told me she was feeling unwell so we talked about it for a little and then she went home early and got a test that came back positive. She called to tell me about the positive result.

• Options
    God imagine being the last of your kind and they introduce just the ugliest sumbitch creepoid for you to breed with

Let my species die in honor

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

You’ll never get anywhere without cynical marketing

This is the CarniFast

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    God imagine being the last of your kind and they introduce just the ugliest sumbitch creepoid for you to breed with

Let my species die in honor
    on the other hand, being an uggo but also the last of your kind and still getting shot down

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I think I might be tired which means I should drink coffee because naps are for quitters

Neco on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I know, from this thought exercise, that women generally mean it when they say that they wouldn't smang even if I were the last man on earth

Tbf if I were the last man on earth I'd definitely let myself go, and breathe through my mouth even though I don't need to, just to up the creepazoid factor. Je suis une artiste.

Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.