As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 Lineup- Rawr!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This isn't an official list. The first sentence states it's only games the OP is anticipating. Quit berating him for his list not being "complete."

On the other hand, why is there a thread dedicated to someone's opinion?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited May 2007
    TxdoHawk wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    TxdoHawk wrote: »
    I think the sad part about the 360 releases is that all my friends are going to get UT3 and Half Life Orange for the 360, while I am going to wind up dropping $800 or more on a gaming-capable PC just so I can't play the games with them. =(
    get the 360 version. Friends are more important than KB+M

But...but...mods. ;_; I may get Half Life Orange on 360, just because any mods would probably just use vanilla HL2, which I already have.
    Last I heard, Epic is trying to get the support needed to allow for PC mods.

I have a feeling Shadowrun is going to be a testbed for future cross platform titles.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Thread lacks Overlord.

Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Unreal Tournament 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Trusty Bell, Half Life 2 Orange Box, Project Gotham Racing 4 <3

Maybe even Devil May Cry 4, Splinter Cell : Conviction.

Then (thinking way ahead here) 2008... Fable 2, and isn't it about time we saw some Banjo Three-ie?

RAWR

Oh nearly forgot, The Club, and Condemned 2 should be fun too. And Too Human. And Turok.
    And MGS4 ololol

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tonious wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    Can you imagine if everyone made a thread listing which games they personally were looking forward to?

Here's an idea, Tonious. Make your list out to be a complete one of all future releases on the 360, at least, for this year. Then keep it updated.
    That'd be useful.

Rawr.

Or, I could challenge you to a contest to see who could eat the most powdered bleach. >.> You first. Quit hatin' playa! I made the list because I'm bored at work and I had the print out with me. ^_^ Just shows how many good games are coming out, and it's a good chance to find out about games I might have missed on the list. So... yeah... Rawr

you know, half the release dates on gamestop's list, or so, arejust pulled outof their asses, because they need a datein thesystem to be able to sell pre-orders.

Not to mention that bragging about having a list from gamestop is pretty much the same as bragging about printing off a list from Gamefaqs.

Rawr

But,seriously,why do you think any one cares about a thread for YOU to talk about what YOU'RE excited about. Stick the whole list up there (even the ones that you think you are soooo cool for disliking, becauseit's cool to dislike popular things, right?) and then let's have an actually useful thread, where EVERYONE discusses what they're looking forward to.

Evander on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    All of you are dumb because you're not talking about ace combat 6.

Especially evander.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The only way my wallet can be saved this year is if my 360 breaks again. I may have to break my habit of buying games before finishing my backlog.

solsovly on
  • Options
    falling_stonefalling_stone Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    All of you are faggots because you're not talking about ace combat 6.

Especially evander.

yeah, but if ACe4 is included, as well as Halo3 and UT3 are included in this, then I'm looking at like 800 bucks in games.
    JEBUS.

or I could wait and pick up all these games for 100 bucks in two years

falling_stone on
    This sig is too small - Elki :P
    snowfalling.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm.. of the four games I'm really anticipating; two of 'em I'm going to get for the PC anyway, and the other two are multiplatformed and I"m just getting the 360 version because that's what console I have.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Look here, you guys can discuss what you want all the livelongday while complaining about how empty your wallets will be.
    Release List
    So large that I can't post it here, for reals

My wallets will be sooooooo empty!

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Accualt on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm going to play with the merging tools to create pure havoc and chaos.

Accualt on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What's the deal with "Sonic The Hedgehog: High Speed" I haven't heard it mentioned before.

LewieP on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    it's supposed to be the XBLA title i think

Ranced on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, do I spend my money on an HDTV to play games or games to play on an HDTV? Tough decision.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What kinda budget you looking at, Zombie?

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    El VientoEl Viento Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Erm.. I only want Mass Effect :|

El Viento on
    vf5bannerok6.jpg
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I want UT, but that I could buy for PS3 should I be convinced to get one by the time it comes out.

Mass Effect I have some interest in, but the key question for me is if it is more KOTOR or more Jade Empire. I really liked KOTOR but I hate, hate, hate Jade Empire.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    chasm953 wrote: »
    What kinda budget you looking at, Zombie?

Pretty tight, but enough to either

Buy all of the games I want in the coming months, or

Buy an HDTV

I can't afford both, in fact I probably can't even afford a single game if I buy an HDTV. But making enough money to buy a game is much easier.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I want UT, but that I could buy for PS3 should I be convinced to get one by the time it comes out.

Mass Effect I have some interest in, but the key question for me is if it is more KOTOR or more Jade Empire. I really liked KOTOR but I hate, hate, hate Jade Empire.
    Hopefully neither.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited May 2007

As crazy as this sounds, it is more GRAW with heavy RP elements WRT character building, and a vastly superior version of the conversation trees from KOTOR.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Depends on what exactly you want from an HDTV in regards to size and tech.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

As crazy as this sounds, it is more GRAW with heavy RP elements WRT character building, and a vastly superior version of the conversation trees from KOTOR.

Really? Crap :| Don't kill my buzz for this game, I'm really not into GRAW in any way!

El Viento on
    vf5bannerok6.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    El Viento wrote: »

Really? Crap :| Don't kill my buzz for this game, I'm really not into GRAW in any way!
    have you seen any of the videos for the game? You control a squad of people, commanding by your avatar. You buy weapons, armor, tech, etc. for them. You command them by telling them to go places, to help in battle, etc... in a system very similar to GRAW.

Except you also have magic.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Doesn't have to be too fancy, as long as it's worth buying over using my 19" LCD monitor.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I dont have enough money.

And this is just the 360 list.

Couple it with the PC and Wii and DS rota and I wont be eating hot food for a long time.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    El Viento wrote: »

have you seen any of the videos for the game? You control a squad of people, commanding by your avatar. You buy weapons, armor, tech, etc. for them. You command them by telling them to go places, to help in battle, etc... in a system very similar to GRAW.

Except you also have magic.

No... bummer. I normally tune out of games I'm interested in to avoid spoilers. I've only seen screenshots of Shepard interacting with what I presumed were NPC's. I thought it was like a Sci-Fi Oblivion.

Bummer.

El Viento on
    vf5bannerok6.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    First off, Shepard is just the guy they are using to advertise the game; you can make whoever you want to be, from what I have heard... character creation is sort of open.

Second off, you just tune out on games, assume how they are going to play, and buy them without knowing what you are going to get? I am glad I told you about this. Before passing judgment, though, check out the gameplay footage at IGN.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Doesn't have to be too fancy, as long as it's worth buying over using my 19" LCD monitor.

This is what I've got and you can go cheaper if you're not dead-set on having a built-in tuner.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

If you're right about this, then I have absolutely no desire to play this game. I loathe squad-based shooters like GRAW/Rainbow Six/etc. so I can't imagine liking a game focused on that. I did like Republic Commando a little bit, but that's a bit different than GRAW.

But I guess it's a good selling point for GRAW fans?

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Games I'm definitely buying:
    -Halo 3: Regular Edition
    -Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    -Grand Thefy Auto IV
    -Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
    -Blue Dragon
    -Lost Odyssey

Games I'm still unsure about:
    -BioShock
    -Mass Effect
    -Devil May Cry 4

BioShock and Mass Effect both look good, but I'm always iffy with new IPs, so I'll consolidate my opinion closer to release. DMC4 hasn't been terribly impressive so far, and I fear it may have a Star Trek-esque "even numbers suck" curse, so I'll be renting it first. And wasn't EndWar supposed to come out this year? Or am I just crazy?

Lynx on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, not totally tune out, if there's a review by a big site i'll skim it to make sure things are what I think, but avoiding videos, forum threads, previews and developer interviews, yeah, I pretty much do that. It works more often than it doesn't for me, knew very little about Gears' story and mechanics and was pretty blown away by it.

Edit: oh, and thanks for the heads up too! Saves me a trade in.

El Viento on
    vf5bannerok6.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

If you're right about this, then I have absolutely no desire to play this game. I loathe squad-based shooters like GRAW/Rainbow Six/etc. so I can't imagine liking a game focused on that. I did like Republic Commando a little bit, but that's a bit different than GRAW.

But I guess it's a good selling point for GRAW fans?
    to be fair, its just the action mechanics of the game. The NPC interaction, exploration, and all that other stuff is still present; you aren't clearing a zone and being dragged into the next like a squad based shooter: it's still and RPG; this is just how they resolve combat, and it is still stat based.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    All of you are faggots because you're not talking about ace combat 6.

Especially evander.

You're a cigarette!

Evander on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Buying Mass Effect is like buying Gold Ingots.

Satisfation guaranteed. It is definetly going to be a great game. There is no mistake. And this isnt my own fanboy hype talking. It really is a sure fire win.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, I wouldn't overstrain the GRAW comparison after watching the videos. Yes, you can position your teammates and such, but the BioWare guys seem very adamant that you can play as you wish, and since you can pause the game and set your squad members up accordingly, it will be more like a tactical RPG where you move players in a grid rather than GRAW where you have to give orders fast, react quickly, etc.

To say nothing of the fact that it doesn't seem as trial-and-error, since you play many different ways and succeed whereas in games like GRAW, et al. you can't take much punishment and if you make a tactical error or two you die and have to start over.

I mean, I'd like to see more before buying, but what I've seen makes it seem to be more KOTOR than Jade Empire, which is very, very good.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shadowrun, The Darkness, Overlord, Splinter Cell 5, Assassins Creed, Kane and Lynch, Bioshock, GTA 4 are all definites down the road. Rather than dropping $500 I figure I'll just pick up Halo 3 and play multiplayer for a year or two until they are all cheap. Its best not to over-extend oneself where the backlog is concerned.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

This is what I've got and you can go cheaper if you're not dead-set on having a built-in tuner.
    I saw the 27" selling for $300 at Fry's Electronics on Memorial Day. I've been using mine as a computer monitor until my XBox comes in.

There is no way Fuel of War is coming out in September. The last date I heard was January 2008.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Darkness
    Too Human
    Stranglehold
    Bioshock
    Medal of Honor Airborne
    Blue Dragon
    Mass Effect
    Blacksite: Area 51
    Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
    Assassin's Creed
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Mercenaries 2
    Army of Two
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
    Left 4 Dead
    Ace combat 6
    PGR4
    Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
    Halo 3
    Dark Messiah: Elements
    DiRT
    Spider-man: Friend or Foe

not to mention forza 2 and shadowrun that i bought yesterday...shit.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Plus 6 months worth of XBLA titles.

Insanity.

Pure insanity.

Regardless of your opinion on the 360, it is kicking the other 2 consoles asses so hard this fall if you measure it purely on games.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The list in the OP is missing VF5. July 17.

I played the PS3 demo and it was really fun. I want to kick ass with Eileen.

BiggNife on