As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Back 4 Blood] from the developers of L4D, Out Now and on Game Pass!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Idk I played with pubbies a lot in L4D2 recently and most of them seemed to know it pretty well. But again, ten year old game. I'm still not hearing a reason we can't have a Freeplay mode.

Why split up the playerbase for the pve content?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Stragint wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I feel the deck aspect makes the game? Like building a deck, doing a run seeing how it works that's awesome.

Well I'm happy for you but for me I just wanted a spiritual successor to the Left 4 Dead games. And I can appreciate their ambition, but the deck building honestly just turns me off. I just want a free play mode where I can hop in and not have to worry about the deck. And that includes online co-op and versus. I mean almost all the complaints in this thread have been about how pubbies don't seem to understand the game and I'm sure the deck system has a lot to do with that

I don't think the deck building has anything to do with that honestly. Like my issue with pubbies is them not helping when you get stuck, or not avoiding obstacles. Those aren't deck related. Like that's just gameplay they can't adjust to.

Yea, my issue with PUGs is the exact same reason I avoided PUGs in L4D. People with zero awareness, people who wouldn't heal, people not helping out teammates, etc. All stuff that has nothing to do with the deck system itself.

I have four main issues with the game.
    1. They failed with the specials. It was really dumb to have nine specials sharing three silhouttes. IMO one of the boomers should be axed and the spitter boomer should have a different model with clear silhouttes. I don't think that the game benefits from both the tallboy and bruiser being in the game and that one should probably be axed due to too much overlap and that the crusher should have a different model. Hocker, stinger, and whatever the not-jockey seem distinct enough in role but they all should have unique models. In L4D, the specials all have unique silhouttes and as far as I can tell this was due to Valve's influence and that it wasn't a lesson that turtlerock took to heart.
    2. The specials are too tanky. It can take most of a magazine or even multiple magazines to drop a special early on. Especially if it's a tallboy. Weakpoints help but one of the boomers doesn't have a weakpoint and the tallboy/bruiser hide their weakpoint. If you see a hocker and shoot first, few weapons will natively stagger her and she can probably incapacitate you even after you pump a good burst or two into her. Also in L4D, exposed specials were as good as dead. A Smoker could not go head to head against a survivor and realistically expect to come out victorious when the survivor shoots first. Even with starter guns.
    3. The game is really excessive with its poor visibility events. I swear that 90% of the time that someone scares birds or sets off an alarm, it is because a stray bullet flew downrange a few hundred meters while visibility was maybe 10 meters. In those cases you almost need meta-knowledge of the map layout to avoid the problem. Worse, I swear that some of the maps are designed with the intent to make you fall into this trap. For example, on the police station mission, right after you leave the safe room you have a door that leads to the parking lot. Pretty much directly in line with that door but on the opposing side of the parking lot is a police car. If you aggro the zeds and form up on the door, then you're probably going to hit the car when you send bullets through the doorway into the mass of zeds. I think that the same situation repeats itself elsewhere in that some alarm doors are in-line with other doorways or windows in some of the cabins/trailer homes in some other levels.
    4. I do not like the grind to unlock the cards. I think that it's a dumb waste of time. One of the biggest things that I like about L4D and that I miss about games from that era is that there are no unlocks. Someone brand new can install the game and hop straight into hard mode and fight on level footing with everyone else. Here in B4B you have dozens of hours of grind at the least until you finally unlock all of the cards. I might grind out all of the cards eventually, but I KNOW with 100% certainty that some of my friends never will. I have the same complaint about Vermintide. I hate the grind to level up the characters and unlock min/maxed gear in that game. I know that a friend of mine will never enjoy the unique play styles of the other characters in that game because I know that he'll never have the time to grind them all.

The lack of pugs' situational awareness really hurts with several of those points. Specials are so tanky that you might need multiple players working in concert to take one down. Taking down multiple tallboys in quick succession is impractical for many weapons. Also the hocker is pretty excessive with its rate of fire on its spit. Breakout/stunguns are almost useless against hocker spit since there is a very real chance early on that you might not be able to kill a hocker before they just immobilize you again. Teammates really need to be on-point with freeing teammates from spit.

Another minor point is problems that arise due to crossplay. All of those excessive alarms? I kind of understand it with someone who is using a gamepad, which I firmly believe to be wholly inferior to KB+M when it comes to fine shooting. If we're fighting zeds in a carpark, I can relatively easily aim at groins and knees to mop up trash while avoiding over-penetration into assorted alarmed cars. However an average gamepad user will be relying on auto-aim a lot to bring their crosshairs on target to center of mass of the opponent. Center of mass is level with the cars in the background. It's no wonder that the alarms go off so often. I believe that gamepad and KB+M are just radically different beasts of user interfaces and that the devs should segregate the communities based around interface type and balance the game for their respective interfaces accordingly.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Riboflavin
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Idk I played with pubbies a lot in L4D2 recently and most of them seemed to know it pretty well. But again, ten year old game. I'm still not hearing a reason we can't have a Freeplay mode.

Why split up the playerbase for the pve content?

Why do anything? Because it'll mean more people hang around long term/buy the game when it leaves game pass?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Lots of good runs tonight folks. But that Boat level on Veteran is insane. If you stop to help one person then you get swarmed... It's pretty nuts!

SummaryJudgment
    I feel the deck aspect makes the game? Like building a deck, doing a run seeing how it works that's awesome.

Well I'm happy for you but for me I just wanted a spiritual successor to the Left 4 Dead games. And I can appreciate their ambition, but the deck building honestly just turns me off. I just want a free play mode where I can hop in and not have to worry about the deck. And that includes online co-op and versus. I mean almost all the complaints in this thread have been about how pubbies don't seem to understand the game and I'm sure the deck system has a lot to do with that

I don't think the deck building has anything to do with that honestly. Like my issue with pubbies is them not helping when you get stuck, or not avoiding obstacles. Those aren't deck related. Like that's just gameplay they can't adjust to.

Yea, my issue with PUGs is the exact same reason I avoided PUGs in L4D. People with zero awareness, people who wouldn't heal, people not helping out teammates, etc. All stuff that has nothing to do with the deck system itself.

1. They failed with the specials. It was really dumb to have nine specials sharing three silhouttes. IMO one of the boomers should be axed and the spitter boomer should have a different model with clear silhouttes. I don't think that the game benefits from both the tallboy and bruiser being in the game and that one should probably be axed due to too much overlap and that the crusher should have a different model. Hocker, stinger, and whatever the not-jockey seem distinct enough in role but they all should have unique models. In L4D, the specials all have unique silhouttes and as far as I can tell this was due to Valve's influence and that it wasn't a lesson that turtlerock took to heart.
    2. The specials are too tanky. It can take most of a magazine or even multiple magazines to drop a special early on. Especially if it's a tallboy. Weakpoints help but one of the boomers doesn't have a weakpoint and the tallboy/bruiser hide their weakpoint. If you see a hocker and shoot first, few weapons will natively stagger her and she can probably incapacitate you even after you pump a good burst or two into her. Also in L4D, exposed specials were as good as dead. A Smoker could not go head to head against a survivor and realistically expect to come out victorious when the survivor shoots first. Even with starter guns.
    3. The game is really excessive with its poor visibility events. I swear that 90% of the time that someone scares birds or sets off an alarm, it is because a stray bullet flew downrange a few hundred meters while visibility was maybe 10 meters. In those cases you almost need meta-knowledge of the map layout to avoid the problem. Worse, I swear that some of the maps are designed with the intent to make you fall into this trap. For example, on the police station mission, right after you leave the safe room you have a door that leads to the parking lot. Pretty much directly in line with that door but on the opposing side of the parking lot is a police car. If you aggro the zeds and form up on the door, then you're probably going to hit the car when you send bullets through the doorway into the mass of zeds. I think that the same situation repeats itself elsewhere in that some alarm doors are in-line with other doorways or windows in some of the cabins/trailer homes in some other levels.
    4. I do not like the grind to unlock the cards. I think that it's a dumb waste of time. One of the biggest things that I like about L4D and that I miss about games from that era is that there are no unlocks. Someone brand new can install the game and hop straight into hard mode and fight on level footing with everyone else. Here in B4B you have dozens of hours of grind at the least until you finally unlock all of the cards. I might grind out all of the cards eventually, but I KNOW with 100% certainty that some of my friends never will. I have the same complaint about Vermintide. I hate the grind to level up the characters and unlock min/maxed gear in that game. I know that a friend of mine will never enjoy the unique play styles of the other characters in that game because I know that he'll never have the time to grind them all.

The lack of pugs' situational awareness really hurts with several of those points. Specials are so tanky that you might need multiple players working in concert to take one down. Taking down multiple tallboys in quick succession is impractical for many weapons. Also the hocker is pretty excessive with its rate of fire on its spit. Breakout/stunguns are almost useless against hocker spit since there is a very real chance early on that you might not be able to kill a hocker before they just immobilize you again. Teammates really need to be on-point with freeing teammates from spit.

Another minor point is problems that arise due to crossplay. All of those excessive alarms? I kind of understand it with someone who is using a gamepad, which I firmly believe to be wholly inferior to KB+M when it comes to fine shooting. If we're fighting zeds in a carpark, I can relatively easily aim at groins and knees to mop up trash while avoiding over-penetration into assorted alarmed cars. However an average gamepad user will be relying on auto-aim a lot to bring their crosshairs on target to center of mass of the opponent. Center of mass is level with the cars in the background. It's no wonder that the alarms go off so often. I believe that gamepad and KB+M are just radically different beasts of user interfaces and that the devs should segregate the communities based around interface type and balance the game for their respective interfaces accordingly.

I do believe you can actually turn off crossplay when searching for a game if you want.

SummaryJudgment
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I think a lot of the bad player complaints is just that B4B is flat a lot harder than L4D/L4D2. Expert (or whatever the hardest is) on L4D might be harder than Veteran, but Vet on B4B is harder than Advanced (iirc the name correctly).

And yeah, between the increased rates of specials spawning (way, way more), the bad silhouettes on the 3x3 specials, and fog/birds. I think B4B just demands a lot more communication.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    urahonkyadytum
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

I do believe you can actually turn off crossplay when searching for a game if you want.

Kind of - GamePass PC players show up as Xbox players.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.

You can, but since it's the default the majority of players never touch it and queue times skyrocket to dead-game territory.

3DS Friend Code:
    Gotcha. Yeah I enable it always as well. If I'm doing pugs I'll stick with act 1 or 2 on Recruit. I'm not good enough to do anything higher yet.

One thing I'd change about the game is the idea of continues. I'm not sure why we only get 1 per run. If we lose and want to do it again then we should be able to.

Unless it's to prevent people getting stuck with those negative cards or something. If you remake it does it remove them?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Gotcha. Yeah I enable it always as well. If I'm doing pugs I'll stick with act 1 or 2 on Recruit. I'm not good enough to do anything higher yet.

One thing I'd change about the game is the idea of continues. I'm not sure why we only get 1 per run. If we lose and want to do it again then we should be able to.

Unless it's to prevent people getting stuck with those negative cards or something. If you remake it does it remove them?

It removes them even if you run out of continues. Like I kept failing on act 4, and by the time I succeeded there was only one corruption card there.

I've also been on some act 1 and 2 runs where a lot of corruption cards get tacked on because we're murdering shit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Roadmap is shared. Of note:

November: QoL updates and major bug fixes
    December: New Supply Lines, Ridden Practice area, Seasonal event, Solo offline with campaign progress, new card type, more cards
    2022: New difficulty, new cards, new coop mode, melee updates, QoL updates

ThegreatcowNetscape
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    Couple things. This is the 2nd time I've played so newbietime.

Crashed on Act 1: on place explosives on boat map, was playing DOC, had trouble rejoining, rejoined, NO LONGER HAD THE ABILITY TO HEAL PEOPLE FOR FREE.
    This persisted through every map. My special was gone.

I loved the Ram Jam chaotic crazyness. I admit it was fun to rock out and slaughter Ridden.

Can someone explain the marked off health that you can't heal with a medkit? I thought it might be a result of going down but I never went down and had some health marked off I couldn't heal.

Also what exactly is healing efficiency? Is it an extra percentage healed?

Also I don't like the end stats. So I killed 103 Ridden, is that good? Is that terrible? without seeing other peoples stats these stats are meaningless to me. I wish they would just show all of everybody's stats.

With the Doc's ability you only get one heal per map. If you couldn't heal them for free it was likely a bug. Hopefully it'll be part of the fixes coming soon.

Marked off health is trauma. Happens when you are downed or grabbed or hurt constantly without healing up. Med pills are very helpful to help prevent trauma.

Healing efficiency is how strong your healing will be.

End stats are generally useless. It just shows you the highest stat that you did between killing special ridden and normals. It's just there as a positive to keep people from seeing someone and going "wow you were useless!"

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Certainly felt like a quarter of the maps I played as Doc didn't let me get my free heals out, but that could just be how painful not being able to do so is.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    End stats are generally useless. It just shows you the highest stat that you did between killing special ridden and normals. It's just there as a positive to keep people from seeing someone and going "wow you were useless!"

Stats were fun with my friends in l4d2. We would compete for most common infected kills and most melee kills. Not seeing the stats sucks a small amount of fun from the game for me. I play with a small group of people which is why its only the 2nd time I've played. We have to get us all together. Some playful ribbing about being useless is fun for us.

"How strong healing is" is still nebulous. Does 40% healing efficiency transfer to a direct 40% more healing per healing item?

Didn't realize about trauma. Thanks. So instead of waiting until someone is almost dead to heal them I should heal them at quarter or half health?

I lost the ability every map. I assume it was a bug. I have crashed twice playing this game. Both time on the blow up the boat map. I wonder if its something about that map and my pc.

edited November 2021
    Assuming you're using a health kit and the health kit base healing is 50HP. If you have 50% increased healing efficiency then you will heal for 75HP. Keep in mind that trauma plays a role in this as well. So if you have 70HP missing and 20HP trauma using the 75HP med kit may not heal the full 75HP because of the missing health due to trauma.

It's better to heal someone if your med kit will bring them close to top as soon as possible to avoid trauma. The UI shows you how much you will heal when you start healing so you can get a good idea if you should use it then or not.

urahonky on
    https://back4blood.com/en-us/news/november-2021-update/

Patch is live! Whole lot of changes going on in there.
    Secondary Weapons no longer require a reload in the next safe room

Game changer. (Seriously though I hated this)

Talith
    Honestly:
    Fixed some issues related to Specials spawning

I hope this means there isn't a chance that 4+ tallboys can spawn in a small area.

PreacherTalithFencingsax
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wow they really went and nerfed the melee build a lot.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    edited November 2021
    finnith wrote: »
    Wow they really went and nerfed the melee build a lot.

I see this sentiment in Twitter but I'm not seeing it. The melee changes were:
    • Bat movement speed increased to 410 from 400
    • Bats must do 50% more damage to stumble Ridden
    • Axe movement speed increased to 395 from 380
    • Axe damage reduced to 70 from 85
    • Axe stumble damage scale reduced to 0.5 from 1
    • Hatchet damage reduced to 40 from 50
    • Hatchet stumble damage scale reduced to 0.5 from 1
    • Machete movement speed increased to 425 from 420
    So here it looks like bats and machetes got a speed increase. Axes got a much larger movement speed increase and a reduced damage nerf. Hatchet got hit too.
    • Batter Up – Melee Damage adjusted to 40% from 50%
    • Brazen – Stamina efficiency adjusted to 20% from 30%
    • Breakout – Decreased use time to 3 seconds from 4 seconds
    • Face Your Fears – Adjusted to 2 Temporary Health from 3
    • Fresh Bandage – Now instantly applies its trauma heal effect when spawning into the safe room it is selected in
    • Ignore The Pain – Now restores health instead of providing Temporary Health
    • Inspiring Sacrifice – Heal decreased to 20 over 15 seconds from 25 over 20 seconds
    • Mean Drunk – Melee Damage adjusted to 60% from 75%
    • Meth Head – Stamina efficiency adjusted to 30% from 40%
    • Money Grubbers – Now grants 3 bonus copper per stack (from 5) and a max bonus of 75 (from 100)
    • Spikey Bits – Melee Damage adjusted to 20% from 25%
    • True Grit – Heal increased to 10 from 8
    But all the melee cards got a buff. So I don't think melee builds change all that much.

Edit: Leaving this post up because I'm very, very clearly stupid and swapped the "to" and "from" on the melee cards. Honestly I don't know why.

urahonky on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That is definitely an across the board nerf to melee.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Moridin889
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Most of those adjustments to cards seem to be nerfs.

Preacher
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Is it really a perk called meth head

That's kind of fucked up

StragintEvil MultifariousLegacyEndaro
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Most of those adjustments to cards seem to be nerfs.

I read and reread that entire page about a fucking hundred times trying to see it. And it's only after you posted THIS post that I see the to and froms. I'm legitimately scared that my brain is forever broken that I couldn't notice the drop in damage.

Fencingsax
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Not your fault! The way they structured it is pretty unintuitive.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I don't feel like the nerf to melee was all that bad. Maybe it will take 2 hits to kill special ridden instead of 1 now.

Haven't played in a while though, my play group hasn't been wanting to play and I can't play through veteran with pugs. Kind of frustrating because I want to push through veteran and start on nightmare.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Preacher
    I don't feel like the nerf to melee was all that bad. Maybe it will take 2 hits to kill special ridden instead of 1 now.

Haven't played in a while though, my play group hasn't been wanting to play and I can't play through veteran with pugs. Kind of frustrating because I want to push through veteran and start on nightmare.

Hit me up if you want to play. I'm open to push through Veteran. I still haven't finished all of Act 3 on Recruit but that's because PUGs suck and Recruit can be a little boring. It's like "HORDE INCOMING" and then 20 zombies show up and if your group is good enough you don't even have to stop.

They may have fixed my NO HEALING AS DOC issue if this is it :

"Fixed an issue where the character card would not be active after a player late joined into a game and transitioned to the next campaign chapter."

urahonkyFencingsax
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Pugs are the real nightmare mode. My buddy and I were 2 manning with bots (after the first randos that we started with just chained every bird on the map and then dropped when we inevitably died) and everything was going nice and smooth. Two new guys drop in after a few missions and it immediately turns into a clusterfuck.
    I wouldn’t mind so much if it wasn’t zero supply points for a failed run. Whoever decided that needs to get a strong talking to, it’s dumb and counterproductive.

eMoander on
    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    urahonky
    eMoander wrote: »
    Pugs are the real nightmare mode. My buddy and I were 2 manning with bots (after the first randos that we started with just chained every bird on the map and then dropped when we inevitably died) and everything was going nice and smooth. Two new guys drop in after a few missions and it immediately turns into a clusterfuck.
    I wouldn’t mind so much if it wasn’t zero supply points for a failed run. Whoever decided that needs to get a strong talking to, it’s dumb and counterproductive.

I agree 100%. This is the worst part of it all. Which is a little funny because L4D had the same issue but it felt less punishing because you didn't get anything when you won.

I just wish PUGs weren't playing this like Call of Duty.

The money grubbers nerf is probably deserved since it was head and shoulders over the other economy cards, but it sure will be harder for a solo player to buy up the good team cards while the average pubbie wastes all of his cash on another green scope for his latest grey rifle or whatever.

Money shouldn't be an issue for a team willing to take an ounce of effort to collaborate and pool resources, but I basically NEVER see that with pubs.

3DS Friend Code:
    urahonky
    Hella good deal if anyone's looking for some zombie shootin'.

Preacher
    So I tried out quickplay and played with randoms which I swore I would never do. It was a horrible experience.

Game 1- I spawn in an area that is closed off from what I presume is the rest of the team. No way to get there. I see a total of 8 player silhouettes, 3 of us are trapped in an area that prevents us from advancing. No idea what is happening as far as I know there are no mods available so probably a horrible glitch. I exit.

Game-2-Recruit act 1, 3 of us run to the safe room, one kind person decides to get in a shed and hole up defending preventing us from finishing. After about 8 minutes of us trying to get him to advance I leave this troll and go to game 3.

Game 3-Destroy the Boat Act I, We get to the end, I grab a bomb, no one goes to the boat, I manage to place the bomb myself. I go back and someone has picked up a bomb but refuses to go back and place it. Just stands at the end killing the never ending wave of infected. Finally I quit.

I will never play with randoms again. My friends and I haven't finished all act iii yet and its getting harder to get them to play so I am unsure how much life this game has left for me. Back in the day I'd call it a $60 coaster.

Yeah I was just going to wait a bit longer for the idiots to just quit so the last people remaining people have at least a 10% idea of what the fuck to do.

Like the game isn't that fucking complicated. I just don't understand why people can't figure it out.

Riboflavin
    edited January 2022
    That boat mission in act 1 is more painful than it should be when playing with the average pubbie. It just seems impossible to get it through their heads that the enemies are infinite. There's always someone lagging behind rather than pushing forward. It doesn't matter if you look back and give them covering fire since they'll still fail to take advantage of the breathing room to catch up. It's actually a really easy level to beat if your teammates know what they're doing though.

This is my checklist for clearing that level:
    1. While I normally dislike purchasing consumables at the start of a level, this is a situation that calls for stocking up on firecrackers. Hopefully you and at least one other guy on the team can buy a few
    2. After exploding the propane tank, quickly dispatch the tallboys. Then start pushing onto the bridge once you're just dealing with standard infected
    3. Use firecrackers on the bridge to give the team breathing room and even buy some time to loot $$$ from the cars.
    4. just sprint through the boat to the humvees
    5. It's kind of cheesy, but the game seems to send 99% of spawns towards the humvees if players are standing there. So if possible convince two teammates to hang out at the humvees while the other two go to plant the bombs. It's kind of unusual since usually you don't want to split the party, but this is an exception since the two guys hanging out at the heavily defensible humvee position end up drawing 100% of the aggro, which allows the bomb team to plant the bombs. The bomb team should still stick together when planting the bombs just in case a disabling special confronts them. It's a LOT easier than the whole team fighting their way down into the bowels of the ship and then fighting their way back out while endless masses of infected swarm you from every angle.

edit:
    late edit, but I revisited the thread and saw that I somehow typed 00% of the aggro instead of 100% of the aggro and I couldn't let that stand.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    RiboflavinTalith
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    It's funny, but I literally watched that today and it made me realize two things. Firstly that I'm glad I skipped Back 4 Blood for the most part and secondly, just how much effort had been put into Left 4 Dead that I've never really appreciated. For those who want a TL;DR despite being a much older game on an older engine, Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are basically technically superior games in nearly every manner that's important. This is assuming that the in game footage of Back 4 Blood is fair to the current state of the game.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.