As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Fina's back in the menu boys!

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Oh maybe I missed where it was actually stated, but there are some secret quests now if you swipe right of the Daily Quests. Nothing big; it's just do 1000 elemental chains and 2000 elemental chains. But it's how you get the materia and recipe to upgrade Ygni's TMR.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Lorek wrote: »
    Oh maybe I missed where it was actually stated, but there are some secret quests now if you swipe right of the Daily Quests. Nothing big; it's just do 1000 elemental chains and 2000 elemental chains. But it's how you get the materia and recipe to upgrade Ygni's TMR.

Ah, nice! I was wondering where those were hidden.

So, for the avian/aquan killers, I crafted one of the 75% ones and am keeping the others at 50%. There is a severe lack of magic bird and aquan killers, and keeping two 50% P/M killers seems better to me than having an extra 75%.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Still no fragment dungeon, ugh. I just want one to EX+3 my Tifa, is that too much to ask.
    Also, you can grab the September Bulletin early by just guessing the URL:
    https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/content/20210901SeptemberMonthlyBulletin.html

Looks like they faked everyone out with Ygni; the next CoW boss is neither Spirit nor Human (his specific killers) or weak to Dark.
    Except a GL exclusive Ice unit sometime in September.

• Options
    Well, CoW still weak to Fire so Ygni and Louise can tag-team it with Fire at least.

Ice-based CoW unit could be very nice. I just hope the visual design of the unit is good. Still gonna be holding on to my Lapis for Halloween, unless the ice unit is a giant ice-crusted murder snowman or whatever.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Since Skye's BS LB is non elemental, she's still usable. But will require additional killers if the boss isn't dragon or undead, which I'm going to assume it's not. So I'm glad they made designed it that way

If it's weak to ice, then Elena NVA is also useful. Not just for morale fill, but for her party ice imbue / enhance from her BS form. Also morale based chaining damage and an easy EX+3 unit to bring.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Boss is demon/human, who Elena also packs AoE killers for. Her and Skye are gonna kill the hell out of this CoW, unless it has high DEF and low SPR.

• Options
    Lucky 1/2 pull got me an Ygni. The DV ticket was also an NV, but it was Sol, so not as lucky. Mine is already EX+2, and I think I'll need 3 more for the EX+3

• Options
    Decided to grab Ygni's 5k bundle. Worst case scenario, barring any random Ygni's off banner, I can get his EX+2 by buying the 50 VIP coin fragments and then spending an additional 2.2k to get fragments from the lapis shop.

• Options
    So got the max 15 "appreciation" tickets... went alright for what they are. 4 of them were total all gold duds. 2 NVs (Snow and Faisy) out of it, which is above average, so can't complain really.

• Options
    I also got two NVs out of it, Noppy#1 and another Ling, leaving me one copy away from her EX+3. All in all rather happy with that. I also got a lot of good rainbows for STMRs.

• Options
    I need to check the 5*s I got to see if I got any STMRs, but I got an NV Akstar (3 away from EX+3) and two Melias (need a fragment dungeon to EX+2 her). I also got 10 1/10 NV tickets with the appreciation tickets, and that gave me NV Rain, so I need one more to EX+3 him.

• Options
    My free NV from the 1/10 tickets was Yoshikiri. One more of him for his EX+2 which is pretty good.

• Options
    Looks like Gumi successfully broke something, because the Chamber of Arms is still around and working. The update we just got broke CoA in the JP version and it's still not fixed.

We even got 5k lapis compensation! And it's not broken somehow!

• Options
    Daily half-price summon luck continues with a blue -> red NV Cyan today. Pretty pleased with that. I think I'll just wait and buy all of his VIP fragments when they become available and then wait until the fragment dungeon (if it ever returns) to get him to EX+2.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Finished DV. I'm not sure if I missed something on Chaotic Darkness, as I can only do about 300m damage to it. But on my first try, I accidentally one shot it with NV Sephiroth just trying to stack his LB (granted, had already done some damage with other characters prepping). According to the wiki, it has 50m HP, and Sephiroth did about 46m on that turn. I just feel like with full chaining, LB damage boost, 150% demon and human killer (used Elena's BS LB) that I should have done at least a little more than that. It was imperiled to both dark and katana, as well as light and sword (used light chaining to build chain). I'm guessing it has a monstrous DEF and SPR stat, but it's just the fact that I basically one shot it on a set up turn and then the damage not translating,

It's annoying because DV doesn't have the after combat damage log to see how / where the damage broke down. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not giving enough time for Sephiroth's LB to actually go off, it has a very long animation. I just don't feel like doing it again. I got an S+ and I can live with that.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Alright, got max score on Sol. Of course Zidane carried with 7billion damage, and Ardyn did about 4billion to cap it. Ling and the Elrics did a couple billion each but were mostly there for support. Pretty happy that I pulled a couple DH Ashe recently, giving her full provoke/evade/light resist and using Dusk Shard every turn nullified all the damage so I could build everyone else for pure damage.

I don't think I have the tools necessary to max score Behemoth. I don't even know if he can be max scored because he does a non-elemental magic hit every turn. I also lack NV Vivi so I can't even EZ mode reflect chain+cap. If we get the NV unit selections before DV ends I can at least grab Vivi like I had already planned to make that much easier.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Decided to download this again and since I don't mess around with Facebook I guess I'm starting over. Last time I played was around the Ariana Grande event and who whew, there's a lot that gets tossed at you out the gate.

• Options
    Oh boy, yeah, a LOT has changed since then. It's pretty much a completely different game now.

Finished off DV for now, ranked at 334 currently. That will certainly drop as time goes on. I could absolutely spend more time and optimize my Chaotic Darkness clear to take no damage, but doing 1.08billion damage is pretty good, especially without using Tifa or Sephiroth. I could try adding in my EX+1 A. Tifa to replace Ardyn, but I don't know if it'll be a worthwhile increase in damage. I'll hold off until closer to the end of DV I think.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    In the friend code list are the bolded active people? I was able to send a request to Damocles but Cruor, Lorek, and Zomro are all full.

Character name is Carpy as well.

Carpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Carpy wrote: »
    In the friend code list are the bolded active people? I was able to send a request to Damocles but Cruor, Lorek, and Zomro are all full.

Character name is Carpy as well.

I will clear out a space for you shortly!

Edit: I should have some slots open if you want to resend your friend request.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Much appreciated, request sent

• Options
    Went back to optimize my Behemoth clear a little bit, can get like 8.9 billion damage with minimal damage taken. Was using a similar strat to Sinzar but my Terra isn't as good due to missing NV Sora's STMR. I did tweak things a little to use Melia as my magic tank so I could use Ling to grant CWA chain frames and give a little more beast killer. I think that may be the best I can do.

I have my team planned for a better Chaotic Darkness clear, just gotta do the gearing and set my rotation. Gonna go for a turn 6 clear with A. Tifa, NV Cloud, Noppy, Elena, NV Nichol and NV Locke. Locke gets a spot for the 130% water Imperil, breaks, and additional SR chaining with Noppy and Elena on the kill turn. We will see if this team does any better than my last team. I'm looking forward to getting to use Noppy, even if she won't be at full power without the chain cap increasing helmet!

• Options
    Y'all, the sprites for Cressnik and Bulwark have already been added to the game and have been found by the discord group. They look amazing, especially Bulwark's shift mode.

Bulwark: Normal - https://m.imgur.com/a/dMKk8US
    Shift - https://m.imgur.com/a/DFWvuvS

Cressnik: Normal - https://m.imgur.com/a/zY9sU4H
    Shift - https://m.imgur.com/a/nbfCTjF

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    ...okay, are we expecting Bulwark to be any good? Because that is some pretty choice spritework.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    All the fan designed units have been decent to pretty good. Bulwark being the support category winner has, in my opinion, some real potential. Supports tend to age well since damage mods aren't important on them so they are harder to power creep. Depending on the elements he can imbue / boost and/or killer buffs he has, Bulwark could be really useful.

Bulwark was the last fan design I was interested because I loved the concept art.

• Options
    Bulwark has the opportunity to be very very good. I assume they'll have some morale raising skills, and hopefully is Ling-esque in usefulness. I'm more interested in what they're gonna do with Cressnik, since he was designed for the healer category. Healers are pretty unnecessary in today's meta so I assume he'll be some form of buffer/debuffer with some heals/regen/MP refreshing skills.

• Options
    Honestly, some big MP heals would be very nice. Most NV units eat through MP bars like absolute candy.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Grrrr, the general unavailability of omniprisms is irritating. Have Assassin Shadow all ready to NV and super trust but I can't get him to 7*.

Edit: I think I'm gonna have the same issue with the rookie board Lightening

Carpy on
  • Options
    Grrrr, the general unavailability of omniprisms is irritating. Have Assassin Shadow all ready to NV and super trust but I can't get him to 7*.

Edit: I think I'm gonna have the same issue with the rookie board Lightening

You could always buy their prisms with Unit of Choice tickets if you have any of those kicking around. It's 8 UoCs for a prism. Other than that, you may just have to wait until you luck out on summoning a dupe.

• Options
    I'm not sure if I have any of those tickets, where would I check?

• Options

In the summons page, tap over to "Standard Summons" and scroll down to the unit selection banner. The banner for it should display how many UoCs you have.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

In the summons page, tap over to "Standard Summons" and scroll down to the unit selection banner. The banner for it should display how many UoCs you have.

Cool, I have 10 of them. I see I can get a prism for 8, so I'm guessing that for the 7* I use either 2 character prism or 1 Omni and 1 character?

• Options

Cool, I have 10 of them. I see I can get a prism for 8, so I'm guessing that for the 7* I use either 2 character prism or 1 Omni and 1 character?

The prisms you can get from the UoC summon are used to raise that specific character to 7*. So, if you have a copy of Assassin Shadow at 6*, then you just need one of his prisms to get him to 7*.

You can also convert duplicate Assassin Shadows into his prism. I assume you only have one Assassin Shadow right now?

• Options

The prisms you can get from the UoC summon are used to raise that specific character to 7*. So, if you have a copy of Assassin Shadow at 6*, then you just need one of his prisms to get him to 7*.

You can also convert duplicate Assassin Shadows into his prism. I assume you only have one Assassin Shadow right now?

Oh, I'm dumb, I have the Assassin Shadow prism from the Zozo event and just assumed I needed a second mat since his awaken page had a second question mark. Just awakened him to 7* with my existing prism. Thanky kindly for the help

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Official news is out. The sprite work is top notch as always. Heavy Metal Bulwark is pretty hilarious!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Well I'm officially done, the game is uninstalled. I used all of my esper ore on Bahamut 3*. My 15 tickets for 10 units a pop only got 1 NV, Emp Vlad. Tried my best, but almost 84K Lapis for Sephiroth leaves him 32 fragments away from EX+2 after grabbing the VIP shop coins. No matter what parts of the game I still find fun, I can't support this level of greed.

I geared him as best I could and put him as my main friend unit. He's still 1K attack less than EX+2 or 2K less than EX+3. Had to gear folks, I guess they removed all equipment. CE Aerith is my only other good unit so I slapped her up as well.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Is there anything up right now that drops Ex coins?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Is there anything up right now that drops Ex coins?

Nope! Maybe next week but probably not since it's just Clash of Wills.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Watching Sinzar and Kyros looks like an absolute nightmare to deal with. 49% HP lock, super bulky (he couldn't drop it to 49% with Tifa/Sephiroth/Aerith LBs at level 93), preemptive MP drain that essentially drops every unit to zero.

I guess Gumi got pissed that tons of people were able to max score CoW the last few times. Granted, CoW is still in beta and this is the last CoW of the "Season" so it makes sense they'd want to try to see how high they could tune it before it exits beta.

• Options
    Man, I don't want to max score. I just want some clears to get the level rewards.

Also, I admit, Bulwark is tempting me. But I'm only at 36K lapis and I should save for Yuna.