As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Skyrim [chat] thread

19495969798100»

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    also I found out the other day that Lord of the Rings was in the public domain (in the US anyway) from like the 60s to the 90s and we fucking stuffed it back in the box

god damn I hate copyright law

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    None of my patents make any money
    Therefore patent law is bad
    However if my patents do one day make money then patent law is again good

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I was in the Tier V USN DD and I had this cruiser push my smoke and I didn't even torp him, I opened up those 120mm guns with a 4 second reload, running AP, and citadeled him

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I love that I've been wracking my brain furiously for new grant ideas for months and then I had two very good ideas almost back to back while doing absolutely nothing waiting for the bus.

at least patents have a reasonable time limit

they're just bullshit for other reasons

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I love that I've been wracking my brain furiously for new grant ideas for months and then I had two very good ideas almost back to back while doing absolutely nothing waiting for the bus.

music is like this for me

i need to start making voice memos when i have ideas because they never last until i'm at a place i can actually record anything on instruments

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    in high school while normal kids made doodles in the margins of their notes i wrote sheet music

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I have a friend who works in the patent office and I get some funny stories on the things people try to patent

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    What happened to all the 'tude?

No one has 'tude anymore.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I saw another article today blaming millennials for the suburban housing marking stagnation and I had the thought,

“Dude, we’re like 40 now. Stop blaming us for things. We are the mainstream. We can’t afford houses and if we could we still wouldn’t move to the suburbs. Fuck all the way off.”

Millennials are killing the suburbs!

Good.

Meh, I'm pretty ok with "Fuck living in an urban center with neighbors on every wall."

Mostly because fuck living in an urban center with neighbors on every wall.

I hear a lot of people say this and I’ve yet to make it make sense to me

other people's cigarette and weed smoke was what i always hated about living in apartments and condos. the noise never bothered me too much

Last apartment I lived in didn’t have any smells from smoke/vapeing, thankfully, because air handling wasn’t shared, but I did have a neighbor where I was constantly woken up by very loud arguments - one was so bad a lady was screaming to call the police at like 3am (I did).

I think a lot of the high-density housing problems would be solved by better construction that is enforced properly by inspectors.

I'm (hopefully) gonna to be submitting a completely bullshit software patent soon!

Mostly just as a feather in my cap for my resume, assuming my work's lawyers think it's legit.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    (page 100 drafts, are the new "a")

Winky wrote: »

ug8ijuvhx73l.jpg

i've got all these rude dog t shirts and nowhere to wear them

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    New thread time, will it be a poll or a story or a video?

are YOU on the beer list?
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm (hopefully) gonna to be submitting a completely bullshit software patent soon!

Mostly just as a feather in my cap for my resume, assuming my work's lawyers think it's legit.

Best part about this, Vowels, are the plastic pieces work hands out so you don't have to buy your own plaque/paper weight from the companies that will send you letters after it's granted.

Best part about this, Vowels, are the plastic pieces work hands out so you don't have to buy your own plaque/paper weight from the companies that will send you letters after it's granted.

Oh right I absolutely want the trophy

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    I can no longer muster any enthusiasm for marvel movies, which I think is probably for the best.

Loki revitalized me briefly but couldnt stick the ending

Get in the goddamn dark tower Roland

Loki was the only thing I thought maybe I’d get into because Tommy H is great but I just haven’t bothered. I think Endgame did a really good job of putting a cap on it all for me.

I loved Loki including the ending, yeah it's setup for the movies but also season 2

the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Loki's halfhearted comment that he was pansexual because we cant be too explicit with saying such things - the Chinese are watching

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

ug8ijuvhx73l.jpg

intensifies

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 1.1

@TTODewback will create the new thread
    @Winky is backup

This discussion has been closed.