As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Catastrophic shipping accident in Maryland

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Some of those yachts are rumored to have missile launcher defense systems, because paranoid billionaires.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Lol honestly it wouldn’t surprise me

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Some of those yachts are rumored to have missile launcher defense systems, because paranoid billionaires.

What I'm hearing is they're vulnerable to frogmen and porpoises.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

In this TED talk I am going to propose the training and outfitting of porpoise-equipped frogmen cavalry...

• TefTef Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

In this TED talk I am going to propose the training and outfitting of porpoise-equipped frogmen cavalry...

Hey man, using dolphins for Nefarious porpoises is not cool!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    d4o7ojw4yq39.png

Listen, dude was fucked up when I met him.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    If dolphins understood the concept if explosives they would gleefully use them.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Okay I didn't think that movie was real, and in looking it up on imdb, I found the best movie trivia I've ever seen.

Trivia
    The trained dolphins who played Alpha and Beta were actually named Buck (for screenwriter Buck Henry) and Ginger (for dancer Ginger Rogers). On the next to the last day of filming, when their parts were done, they escaped and never returned.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    turtleant wrote: »
    If dolphins understood the concept if explosives they would gleefully use them.
    Dolphins are terrible, it's true.

I know first hand, I watch them play every Sunday during the season.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Okay I didn't think that movie was real, and in looking it up on imdb, I found the best movie trivia I've ever seen.

Trivia
    The trained dolphins who played Alpha and Beta were actually named Buck (for screenwriter Buck Henry) and Ginger (for dancer Ginger Rogers). On the next to the last day of filming, when their parts were done, they escaped and never returned.

Fuck America, God Bless Buck and Ginger!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It was admirable of them to fullfil their contracts before fucking off forever

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I’m going to strap a drill to a dolphin and train it to sink yachts worth over a certain value.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I’m going to strap a drill to a dolphin and train it to sink yachts worth over a certain value.

A hobby with profound societal benefits.

edited July 2022

aragorn-ii-elessar-sword.gifv

Pinfeldorf on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    dolphins will do it for FUN if you teach them how

dolphins are the frat bros of the ocean

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    We don't give c4 to dolphins because they'll just plant it on your back for a laugh

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Pretty sure I just said I drill, not sword, but thanks.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

Pretty sure I just said I drill, not sword, but thanks.

Maybe it was just a statement. Give it back.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hey you can do a lot of good work with a sword, just gotta find the bilge pump outlet lines.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Hey you can do a lot of good work with a sword, just gotta find the bilge pump outlet lines.

or, you know, the owner

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Trivia

Become ungovernable

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Wealth is wasted on the rich. You give me a cool 1bil and you would never hear from me again, too busy doing a hedonism.

There's that series of tweets that was going around a while ago wondering how billionaires can resist just using their money to solve problems. Oh there are hundreds of thousands of homeless in my home town? not anymore!

And someone pointed out that if you're the kind of person who cares about homeless people then you'd never be a billionaire.

And that is so accurate that it makes me sad.
    Putting them all in a boat you're going to stick somewhere is not a solution! This is not a problem to leave to them!

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    That’s not a boat!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    That’s not a boat!

What is a dam but a really, really big wedged boat?

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    What is a dam but a very large permanently stuck boat?

Aww dam

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Just get some little Dutch kid to stick a finger in the hole, who cares

• MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    These Legion attacks are getting out of hand. If Kimball and those morons back west in Shady Sands can't get a handle on this I know who I won't be voting for in the next NCR election.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Sidenote: I hope I wasn't too quick on the trigger on that news, because the boat shit was funny mostly because no one was hurt, and I similarly hope no one was hurt in said explosion.

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Just get some little Dutch kid to stick a finger in the hole, who cares

We as a society need to quit normalizing small Dutch men just putting their fingers in whatever holes they want

Chall on
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    As someone who lives in the western US, please no one fuck with the Hoover Dam.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    *standing on top of large dam*

*explosion at bottom of dam*

*no one seems to be running for their lives*

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Maybe Michael Bay is filming

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    As someone who lives in the western US, please no one fuck with the Hoover Dam.

Look you gotta take it up with the little Dutch kid at this point

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Many little Dutch children have been forced to move back to the Netherlands because of climate change

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Boat?
    MrMonroe wrote: »

well it's not on the blocking the water part

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Sounds like it was a transformer exploding and they got the fire out immediately

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Wait are we doing a transformers bit or did an actual electrical transformer explode?