As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel TV] A Hawkeye and a Black Widow walk into a bar OPEN SPOILERS

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    For as long as this Spider-Man remains a high school student, a Black Cat romance would be... a bit problematic.

They actually did this in Ultimate Spidey for an arc with Black Cat doing her usual thing. Then Peter admits he's just a high schooler and she loses her shit, noping out as fast as she can.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't she flat out vomit when she realized how old Pete was?

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, wasn't there an Iron Man show where he was in high school, some time after the movies started coming out? I vaguely remember it being okay.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Yes, it was very futuristic. I tried to watch it but my kid didn't buy into yet, do young. So more Paw Patrol instead :(

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Is it weird that I think all these stories would make for better shows than the actual MCU shows so far?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    For as long as this Spider-Man remains a high school student, a Black Cat romance would be... a bit problematic.

Easily solved, have her show up when he's in college or a full grown adult.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is it weird that I think all these stories would make for better shows than the actual MCU shows so far?

Captain Carter would be good.

T'challa -lord is about to lose a cosmic - pile of habitable worlds to Ego. Darth Strange hit a dead end. And while Captain Marvel would dethrone Loki in the Avenger-less universe im not sure where it goes from there (she leaves again and nobody is left to stop Hydra's takeover).

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I dunno if the Hydra takeover would even be possible without Stark-tech to run the flying death fortresses or run the mass-murder-cannons, which they were entirely reliant on using to cement their power. Without those, Hydra is something like a few thousand people around the world working in secret; no way they can take over without something to basically one-shot all resistance. With the fortresses out of the way, Hydra seems to be thoroughly fucked in very short order with all ex-SHIELD operatives gunning for them, plus basically all the nations of the world.

A handful of adherents hold on to some power, but Hydra seems to be utterly dead within months of being revealed.

• Options
    They already had a Helicarrier without Stark tech (unless some of Tony's "consultations" lead to the development of the first Helicarrier)

• Options
    Zombie episode was in dire need of some blood.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hank Pym is really losing out in these what ifs

• Options
    I'm really curious how the spiderman deal went down for this. Technically, Marvel has the Spider-Man TV rights and it's not Holland anyways.

• Options
    Hey, they said uncle Ben out loud..

Also gotta say Winter Solider sounds better in this than the first episode (but not-Zemo was a stretch)

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Also gotta say Winter Solider sounds better in this than the first episode (but not-Zemo was a stretch)
    Who? Do you mean the Russian dude from the Ant-Man movies?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Who? Do you mean the Russian dude from the Ant-Man movies?

Was that who it was? I guess that went over my head, he looked and behaved kinda Zemo ish and had an accent so I just went with it

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Kind of disappointed they didn't play more with the original concept. In the comics, the zombies were almost fully sentient, they just couldn't control themselves through the hunger. There's a thread of that here like with them being smart enough to use their tech and skills, but that's about it.

Also, yeesh was that an abrupt ass ending. I'm almost wondering if there's supposed to be a second part, but somehow I doubt it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Someone on the creative team really hates Hank Pym.

• Options
    Kind of disappointed they didn't play more with the original concept. In the comics, the zombies were almost fully sentient, they just couldn't control themselves through the hunger. There's a thread of that here like with them being smart enough to use their tech and skills, but that's about it.

Also, yeesh was that an abrupt ass ending. I'm almost wondering if there's supposed to be a second part, but somehow I doubt it.

Finished the ep, I guess smart zombies would've taken too long to deal with and they wanted to get EVERYONE in instead of just focusing on a few, which is weird because they're pretty sentient already. Maybe talking like themselves but wanting to eat their friends was deemed too adult.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

I mean, MCU Hank Pym is possibly even a bigger dick than Stark.

Invent a technology that could solve the entire worlds logistics issues basically overnight...and you use it to dress up and ride around on ants?

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

Invent a technology that could solve the entire worlds logistics issues basically overnight...and you use it to dress up and ride around on ants?

Nah, even in a perfect world that technology would be abused to heck if made public. There'd be people dropping dead to tiny assassins everywhere. It's one of those things society just couldn't be trusted with, and if you've seen people getting stuck after climbing into public bins you know the level of technology we should be allowed.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

Nah, even in a perfect world that technology would be abused to heck if made public. There'd be people dropping dead to tiny assassins everywhere. It's one of those things society just couldn't be trusted with, and if you've seen people getting stuck after climbing into public bins you know the level of technology we should be allowed.

I'd bet top dollar that the leading cause of death in the first few days would be people enlarging their junk and then stroking out.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    This was terrific. Really happy with how whacky these episodes have been.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

It's the identical problem Stark had with his Iron man technology, the same people (HYDRA, and others like the Ten Rings) wanted to steal it to conquer the world. This was a plot point in Ant-man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfLjg8I_ZuA

• Options
    Also solidifies that Wanda and Vision are perfect for each other, because they're both capable of being awful monsters and using love as a defense.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

The way they did it felt way too inconsistent. Like, they wanted the shambling, mindless hordes, but at the same time, Sling Rings, Chaos Magic and Shrinking Tech... which Zombie Hank somehow managed to add onto his exploration suit. Also kind of curious how a nigh-invulnerable Titan, armed with four Infinity Stones and a space ship manages to get bitten by a zombie.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Apparently that was Josh Keaton as Spider-man again

He was pretty close to Holland and I didn’t recognize him

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Apparently that was Josh Keaton as Spider-man again

He was pretty close to Holland and I didn’t recognize him

I read an article that listed it as Hudson Thames as the voice, but imbd doesn't have it up yet

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Sorry got that from one of those Easter egg videos. Checked the credits and you were right

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    What a great episode!

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    The voice acting was cringe AF and distracted me the whole time. I’ve never really been into the zombie genre, so this episode didn’t do much for me and the jokes ranged from meh to “I’m getting second hand embarrassment.”

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    I feel like the recap of how the apocalypse started would have been more enjoyable if it had been voiced over by Michael Pena, as all flashbacks involving the Ant Man IP should be.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    I know a lot of us have had eps that didn't stick, and this one is for me.
    The premise was WAY too much bog standard zombie movie, and while they lampshaded it, it just screamed way too basic. Beyond that, they made some INCREDIBLY boneheaded choices, even for the whole zombie movie thing. Like, allowing Hope Van Dyne to be in the Wasp suit as she's converting to a zombie... since we know that Hank/etc retained the ability to control their powers.

Then Vision saying he was going to atone for his powers.... and then just ripping out his stone... Like.. .what? That's avoiding the issue entirely while putting the people who had a chance at rescuing the Earth at huge risk. At the very least, he should have done what Hulk did and stalled Wanda for time.

Some of the character moments were great though.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I feel like the recap of how the apocalypse started would have been more enjoyable if it had been voiced over by Michael Pena, as all flashbacks involving the Ant Man IP should be.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    They already had a Helicarrier without Stark tech (unless some of Tony's "consultations" lead to the development of the first Helicarrier)

The original Helicarrier was using turboprops, it was Stark's repulsor tech that made them work proper (Fury mentions that to Cap in the elevator on the way down to see Insight). I'll bet Stark had a lot to do with the algorithms and the way they cannons worked as well, even if Zola was the chief architect of the software running them.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I do appreciate the effort they put into maintaining Bucky's rep for having great hair.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I'm curious what happened with the Time Stone. Presumably Strange got infected so quickly that he couldn't use it to undo the whole apocalypse, and ... I guess after Reality and Soul Stones went as planned in Indinity War, Thanos went after it and got zombified?

I appreciate everything being Pym's fault again. That's very on brand, especially without Mr. Fantastic to take up the mantle. Are we expecting a part 2 for this one?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    I could see this being what finally gets the watcher off his ass… either because Zombie Thanos with all six stones would threaten the multiverse, or because the TVA finally steps in and gets overwhelmed, leading to zombies with tempads.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

The way they did it felt way too inconsistent. Like, they wanted the shambling, mindless hordes, but at the same time, Sling Rings, Chaos Magic and Shrinking Tech... which Zombie Hank somehow managed to add onto his exploration suit. Also kind of curious how a nigh-invulnerable Titan, armed with four Infinity Stones and a space ship manages to get bitten by a zombie.

This was a big issue I had with the episode. The zombies really didn't make any sense. I get the point is to have zombie heroes using their powers but if you're gonna make them mindless it's not very believable that they'd have the brain capacity to do anything like shrink or use magic, etc.

Honestly, not a huge fan of this episode. I don't particularly like zombie stuff in general so I kind of expected to not care for it, but would have been happy to be wrong :/

Also, nitpicky plot holes:
    -How the hell did they even find Janet VanDyne? They only found her because she literally told them where to look. Pretty sure "Rawwwrr arggg!" aren't great directions...
    -I don't buy the Vision shit. The dude literally held Mjolnir but now he's sacrificing innocent people because he loves his zombie girlfriend? I kind of feel like an android should be a LITTLE more logical than that. Plus when he's called on it, he just kinda says "Oh my bad, I guess I'm sorry now, I'll go kill myself"...
    -How did Thanos get the time stone? I guess you can make something up about him taking it off zombie Strange but I don't see how a dude that has all but two of the infinity stones gets bit. The only thing that even makes a tiny bit of sense is Thanos does not understand zombie rules and decided to fight some zombies up close instead of use like, literally any of the stones (Power stone alone could have dealt with any zombie).

And yeah, like I said above, mindless zombies using their powers/abilities was hard to believe. Even zombie Cap being smart enough to raise his shield was like, I don't feel like a zombie would be that smart...

Edit: Only part of this I did kinda like was zombie Wanda. That was pretty neat and like the one thing in this that didn't feel like cliché bog-standard zombie shit. Though "she's too powerful for the cure" is a little weird to me. She's not some kind of alien... if anything she should be too powerful to get infected...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    But what if?

• Options
    Strange literally destroyed his universe, the Watcher doesn't care if Thanos destroys his. He doesn't even have to destroy it, he'll just teleport everyone to himself to eat.

This discussion has been closed.