As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] Thread: Non-Brazilian time traveler Dean Stockwell has taken a Quantum Leap home

HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq.Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
edited November 2021 in Social Entropy++
Old thread reached 100 pages. Come post here, in the new thread.

All your favorite shows are leaving Netflix/Hulu/whatever. Welcome to the dark new world of Everybody Loves Streaming Money (but no one wants to let anyone else play with their stuff so they're going to hire a bunch of software engineers to make them a streaming platform that's going to suck in comparison to the big competitors and every one of them is going to work slightly differently due to the madness that is Patent Law in America because this country is a hex maintained by cursed people and we're all living inside a flux bubble of damnation and pain)!

Hacksaw on

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Streaming turn into cable but stupider was very obvious, in hindsight.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This is the Garak appreciation thread now. Sorry other TV.

tumblr_oqjiisch8R1vkydn2o1_250.gifv

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    This is the Garak appreciation thread now. Sorry other TV.

tumblr_oqjiisch8R1vkydn2o1_250.gifv

I call that a bargain

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What a great guy. Simple tailor. Good conversationalist. Never hurt a fly, that one.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    TV is short for "television," not everybody knows that

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    TV is short for "television," not everybody knows that

This is the sort of hard hitting, insider knowledge only you can provide.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I sometimes reflect on the fact that "television" is the same sort of retrofuture nonsense name like all those other things from the era, but it stuck and has been around so long we don't even think about it.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I sometimes reflect on the fact that "television" is the same sort of retrofuture nonsense name like all those other things from the era, but it stuck and has been around so long we don't even think about it.

"Email" feels like the fakest, laziest 50s sci-fi term. "What if mail but... Electronic???"

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm watching Breaking Bad for the first time and hey is it normal to be completely on Gustavo's side by the end of season 4?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021

"Email" feels like the fakest, laziest 50s sci-fi term. "What if mail but... Electronic???"

My favorite midcentury sci-fi communication was from the Little Fuzzy novels by H. Beam Piper. You dictated your message, your console would broadcast it via radio at 50x playback speed, and the other person's console would slow it down and play it back for them.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

My favorite midcentury sci-fi communication was from the Little Fuzzy novels by H. Beam Piper. You dictated your message, your console would broadcast it via radio at 50x playback speed, and the other person's console would slow it down and play it back for them.

Ha! I love that

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Jedoc wrote: »

Hey Jedoc, you get that thing I zipsqueeled you?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I want awards for Zahn McClarnon for this episode of Reservation Dogs and I want them now.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I want the Thunderbirds communication system where I call people via a portrait sized photo they have of me on their wall that changes into a video screen

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I want the Thunderbirds communication system where I call people via a portrait sized photo they have of me on their wall that changes into a video screen

The tech is there, could be a fun DIY project

• Options
    Alert, alert

Latest Rez Dogs is a centerpiece for Zahn McClarnon's character

Alert, alert

It also has Wes Studi KILLING it as a dirtbag, it has Redbone jokes, it has a Drunktown's Finest easter egg, it's so fucking good

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    They had me at
    Deer Woman

and they never let go

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ok I have a question about Letterkenny season 3

Who is this new Native girl that’s hanging out with Wayne and did I miss a scene where she was introduced?

She’s not Tamis, though Tamis and Wayne are still friendly.

Nobody ever talks to her or says her name

She’s just kind of around in a noticeable way

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    knitdan wrote: »
    Ok I have a question about Letterkenny season 3

Who is this new Native girl that’s hanging out with Wayne and did I miss a scene where she was introduced?

She’s not Tamis, though Tamis and Wayne are still friendly.

Nobody ever talks to her or says her name

She’s just kind of around in a noticeable way

Tanis, not Tamis.

I'm not sure who you're talking about though. Can't recall any native women hanging out with Wayne at that point. Do you mean Rosie? https://letterkenny.fandom.com/wiki/Rosie

Ketar on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I do mean Rosie, because i’m watching a scene where the gang is actually interacting with her and they mentioned her name.

My apologies if she is not in fact Native.

Edit: apparently she is a recurring character and also Gail’s cousin? Maybe I need to watch this show more carefully and not just vibe to the musicality of everyone yapping in Canadian about random stuff.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    That's fair. It's legitimately the best patter I've seen on a TV show ever.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, she's Gail's cousin. She had been in season 2 - I think her first appearance was bringing her dog to spend time with Wayne's dog.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    This is your regular reminder that the HBO Max app is a piece of shit engineered by garbage people with bad playback and even worse captioning.

Thanks for taking my money, HBO! So glad you're on top of making sure your one and only streaming platform is working like a charm!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Incredible moment from the Muppet Show pitch reel to CBS

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Movies are called Movies because things Move around in them

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I look forward to the moment in everyone's ds9 rewatches where they realize that the true star is and always has been Jeffery Combs

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    does he fight a puppet?

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm watching Breaking Bad for the first time and hey is it normal to be completely on Gustavo's side by the end of season 4?

This is very interesting to watch so many years late because
    Halfway through the scene where Gus comes to Jesse in the hospital I remembered that I already know that Walter poisoned the child. That's like, the one thing I knew about the show when I started.

Despite forgetting, I never bought Walt's obvious lie about Gus doing it. I'm a little surprised. I thought finding out that Walt poisoned a child was supposed to be a twist but after like a season and a half of Walt fucking up his relationship with the worlds most forgiving drug dealer I had no doubt who was responsible for this.

Also God I hope that everybody hated Ted when this came out because that privileged mansplaining idiot drives me crazy. I'm pretty sure this is an accurate reproduction of how idiot CEOs manage to go to prison.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I look forward to the moment in everyone's ds9 rewatches where they realize that the true star is and always has been Jeffery Combs

Combs is one of the only good parts of Star Trek Enterprise.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I love that the people in charge of DS9 recognized what they had and gave him two parts.

Edit:
    I'd love to know which one is everyone's favorite, mine is definitely Brunt.

Peen on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2021
    Peen wrote: »
    I love that the people in charge of DS9 recognized what they had and gave him two parts.

Edit:

Three. There's also Tiron

Well, technically
    Like, at least 7 or so, if you count the Weyouns separately.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, one of his greatest other roles

https://youtu.be/yRU4iZUsTY0

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I thought it might be the Matt Berry appreciation thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO-ZGP68-3w

He wishes he was cool, like Dagless.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The thing to remember about Jeffery Combs is that his body is a roadmap of pain and pain has its valves.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

Edit:

A while ago I finally did the JojaMart path in StarDew Valley. I named my farmer Brunt, and my farm was the FCA .
    Every time I logged in I'd go "Brunt! FCA."
    Every time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

You aren’t supposed to like anyone in that show.

Cept maybe Pete and Badger.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Six Feet Under.
    They actually have a paintball episode.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I wonder if I had to give Jeffery Combs notes for anything, how many sentences would I last before I slipped in “Cat dead; details later.”?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Combs is one of the only good parts of Star Trek Enterprise.

Combs is one of the best of the many good parts in Enterprise

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Started watching a show called Dark Matter, why is the android always the best character on a space ship?

This discussion has been closed.