Options

[Midnight Suns] Final DLC May 11th with Xbox One and PS4 versions, Switch Cancelled

1404142434446»

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I rather liked Eddy and Morbius. I thought I'd hate Morb, but he grew on me.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I'm just so tired of the other 3 DLC characters, for varying reasons, but Storm I was really excited about.

If it helps, I liked Venom here, and I'm not really a Venom fan. Morbius is now a very deadpan joke machine, and gets some good bits with Blade. Deadpool is extremely Deadpool though. Still, the game makers went to impressive lengths to play to his strengths and break the shit out of the fourth wall.

Oh, I have no doubt Firaxis knocked it out of the park and went the extra mile, they always do. It's just that there's already Venom and DP oversaturation. And Morbius is like... well, he's there.

Anyway, it all does sound cool and i'll probably pick it up during a holiday sale and play it during the winter break.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I did like when Deadpool commented that his unique upgrade (the Taco truck) is something "the person playing should use their precious in game currency on".

Why yes Deadpool, maybe I will.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I got a big kick out of the Hunter asking Deadpool why he keeps his mask on when he's out of costume.
    Something along the lines of "oh, I wanted to spare you all the horror of my disgusting face! Or maybe the developers ran out of money to model it. One of the two."

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    captaink on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I don't have an account, so I can't

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So I picked up this game around Christmas, finished the main story a couple weeks ago, wrapped up the DLC missions last weekend, and now I'm winding down the post-game.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, more than I actually expected to at first, and am pretty bummed that a sequel is unlikely.

There's honestly a ton of content, like first of all the main campaign is much longer than I would have expected. Not to mention that between the regular hangouts :heart:, havens, friendship-triggered cutscenes, random ! conversations, etc., even with the characters I maxed friendship with I still feel like there might be conversations I haven't seen.

For the record in this run I played a very light-side Hunter who mainly bonded with the Midnight Suns, more specifically Nico, Illyana, Robbie, Pete, and later Eddie and Wanda.

Sometimes the "everyone wants to be your friend" stuff is questionable, like it feels weird for people like Tony or Logan to open up to you even as much as they do.

The battles are a lot of fun. Once you really figure out the flow it's very satisfying. Who doesn't love blasting enemies into the scenery or off ledges? The enemy variety did get a little stale towards the end of the game but eh.

Also there's a dog AND a cat. Good game, would play again.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/xcom-2/marvels-midnight-suns-steam-sale

Lowest price on Steam, ever.

"If you keep saying you'll get it next time, this is the next time."