As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I really hoped I wouldn't have to make another [Quarantimes] thread

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So my dad finally caught the big C after half of my parents’ church apparently got wiped out in one sweep over the past week.

Honestly surprised it took this long because that place is just handshakes and hugging 24/7, with zero masks in sight.

Anyway, he’s doing mostly fine, thankfully.

I’m kinda shocked we still haven’t gotten it yet, because he was over for dinner at our place last week right before he tested positive.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I initially read that as "moneypox" and was sure we have just fully leaned into real life becoming The Division

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    you definitely don't want to get it.

i'll be the one to decide if i wanna get with a monkey thank you very much

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i was going to add a sexy donkey kong here but once you type "sexy donkey kong" into the search bar you aren't coming back from that in one piece

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My fever is going away slowly but I woke up this morning so full of mucus it was like slimer was living in my sinuses

Still no results from my PCR test, imagine it could come back today though.

I just want to feel not sick soon I swear.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So my dad finally caught the big C after half of my parents’ church apparently got wiped out in one sweep over the past week.

Honestly surprised it took this long because that place is just handshakes and hugging 24/7, with zero masks in sight.

I’m kinda shocked we still haven’t gotten it yet, because he was over for dinner at our place last week right before he tested positive.

My mother and my younger brother both work in customer facing jobs where they see hundreds of different strangers every day, and use mass transit. My father travels around North America and ends up in small classrooms with people who typically are of the demographics that are least likely to wear masks. I took a two week trip to France last fall. None of us have gotten it yet. We’re all vaccinated and boosted, and we continue to mask up, but it’s honestly getting weird.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    So if we don't live in Massachusetts or London, it's ok?

Or Sweden, Spain, Portugal and assorted African countries. And very likely a bunch more now.

The really shitty part is that I've seen news sites play up this breakout of monkeypox as "seems to have mainly hit men who have had sex with men, hmmm" angle, so we might get that fun bit of 80s culture as part of our current 80s mania too.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

My mother and my younger brother both work in customer facing jobs where they see hundreds of different strangers every day, and use mass transit. My father travels around North America and ends up in small classrooms with people who typically are of the demographics that are least likely to wear masks. I took a two week trip to France last fall. None of us have gotten it yet. We’re all vaccinated and boosted, and we continue to mask up, but it’s honestly getting weird.

My boyfriend was very smug back in February about having not gotten covid even though the people he works with are frequently slack as fuck about masking and staying home when they're ill, and then out of curiosity he took a blood test and welp - turned out he must have got it at some point and not even noticed.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I thought only an antibody test would show past infections and that once you get the vaccine you show positive on them just like if you'd actually contracted it?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

My boyfriend was very smug back in February about having not gotten covid even though the people he works with are frequently slack as fuck about masking and staying home when they're ill, and then out of curiosity he took a blood test and welp - turned out he must have got it at some point and not even noticed.

How loudly did you yell, "IN YOUR FACE!" at him? :D

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Your boyfriend missed a trick taking that test then

• Options
    Should have just coasted on the unproven assumption

Foolishness

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I just tested positive again. I've been asymptomatic for 36 hours.

My wife tested too and was negative.

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I thought only an antibody test would show past infections and that once you get the vaccine you show positive on them just like if you'd actually contracted it?

Nah I wondered this too but apparently a full serology sweep can tell the difference.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Solar wrote: »

He craved data
    Elvenshae wrote: »

How loudly did you yell, "IN YOUR FACE!" at him? :D

About as loud as I was yelling "AHA I KNEW IT YOU'RE THE VECTOR" cause up until that point figuring out where I'd picked it up was a baffling mystery.

tynic on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I am almost certain I probably had it and just had extremely light symptoms early on in the pandemic but there's really no way to know for sure

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Solar wrote: »

He craved data

*nods solemnly * ah yes a nerd

Solar on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Not gotten it yet as far as I know. Every test I've taken has always come up negative.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I had a fever for like... Two days back in March 2020

• Options
    I had a low fever and a bad cough for like two straight weeks in very early 2020 like end of January.

My mom had went on a cruise in December '19 and had the same issue and I caught it from her

I don't know if it was really mild COVID original recipe or what but what I have now feels way worse full body and sinuses, except that the coughing isn't so bad. I was close to blacking out from the coughing in 2020.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm honestly surprised I haven't caught it a second time.

Maybe the shit was in my body so long the first time my otherwise normally dumbfuck cells and microbes and shit may have actually learned their lesson and put "SHOOT ON SIGHT" posters up all over the inside of my bits.

• Options
    I'm getting a lot of improvement today

I don't hurt everywhere anymore I'm just really stuffy

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    yeah, we've been "everything is normal, I promise, please go back to normal this is bad for votes" and my sister works at a bank where apparently fucking everyone gets the 'vid

still haven't gotten it again, which is cool.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    A friend of mine recently quit her job at a bank because they decided they were taking down the acrylic covid barriers for tellers to give a “better customer experience”. (after they’ve already ditched the mask mandate).

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've lived in a city for so long that I forgot that banks ever don't have those

• Options
    I took a shower and could briefly smell my beard conditioner!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I had a fever for like... Two days back in March 2020

I had the runniest nose/scratchiest throat I’ve ever had back in March 2020, it lasted a week. It conveniently happened right when my work was doing the “ok, you all need to work from home now” transition.

Looking back, the timing was so suspicious but since testing was only for people about to be hospitalized back then I guess I’ll probably never know.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    My friend's wedding is getting cancelled because we're all sick. The groom just tested positive...

😭

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've recently got the urge to do art. I used to draw constantly as a kid but then my teens came along and I started to hate everything and myself and I officially gave up drawing when I was 19. I don't hate everything any more and I feel like it would probably be good to have a creative hobby but I feel like I've forgotten how drawing works. Like I can't even hold a pencil right, it just feels weird.

I did it, for the first time in like 18 years I did a art.
    It me.

str4df53a5x5.jpg

Pretty dodgy but I look like a scowly miserable bastard so I'd say it captures my essence. Also picked the perfect angle to really accentuate my chins, nice.

It was fun. I found a weekly life drawing thing in my town, I might start going along.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's pretty damn good for eighteen years of lying fallow

• Options
    Better than anything I can do

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I'd look out though, it looks like art-you has spotted someone sneaking up behind meat-you

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    You've got some perspective going on there, that's very good!

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It reminds me a bit of Paul Kidby.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    So I'm feeling a lot better today but uh I don't get to see another human being until the month is over, right? 2 weeks?

That's going to suck as bad as being sick

• Options
    Two weeks from onset, not two weeks from recovery, so a bit earlier

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Two weeks from onset, not two weeks from recovery, so a bit earlier

That's still the end of the month because I started feeling sick Monday tested positive Tuesday.

Well I'm thankful my symptoms haven't been more severe at least and I've been able to feed and take care of myself through it.

It just sucks, I feel isolated even without having to self isolate, I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with this until June

• Options
    How are we supposed to clean our home and have dishes to eat from and all that when we're both this sick still after a whole week.

Garhgh

I don't even have the energy to take care my cats box.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Apparently arting is like riding a bicycle

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Apparently arting is like riding a bicycle

It makes your ass hurt and some people do it wearing ridiculous, skintight clothing?