As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] GAME OVER!! MAFIA CONCEDED!! VILLAGE WON!!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    oh no i didn’t make vote close

that’s okay

it’s fine, i was active

Ed: oh I

didn’t die in your arms tonight

must have been something i didn’t say
    Brody wrote: »
    R U my fire,
    The one, desire
    Believe, when I say
    That tie break was sketchay

Tell me why,
    4 of you bandwagoned SlyM,
    Tell me why,
    all of it at the very end
    Tell me why,
    I never want to hear you say
    I want it that way

Lyrics have to be in italics. And uggggh I know this is fun but any sort of post restriction makes me just not want to post lol. I'll have fun watching everyone else be goofballs though.

Results look like vote, mafia, and vig?

Now for my lyrics, ummmmm. Happy birthday to you!

Every post is a little harsh yeah.
    Just do what I did and post the lyrics of a song with no music.

Highway to the danger zone

But yeah
    I probably need to move off my grudge RU vote.
    But they're not dead yet, and called it a silly vote, so.
    Clearly more votes will make me feel better, or at least move it from 'silly' to 'annoying'

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Wait
    Don't hold your breath for goodness' sake
    Nobody's up
    But you've got
    Villages filled with copperheads
    Plus marquees with your name in reds
    A star is born and that's the risk
    For everyone you know

TehSpectre switched sides
    To raise the stakes
    The blindfold vig
    Hit Endless snakes
    Tie up the votes
    And there you have
    Those good old fashioned
    Shenanigans

Oh
    You day one'd Pants again
    You plotted on your mafia discord
    And you wagoned village men
    And now well
    Some things just cannot be fixed
    With rephrased songs and politics
    Just like every other phalla game
    We all become the one to blame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q_nAZaLCZA

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Tragedy! When the feeling's gone and you can't go on it's Tragedy!

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm going to vote for 3cl1ps3 again.

you wrap your scales around me
    locked in tight, i can't break free
    aren't you glad you found me?
    well, aren't you glad you found me?

boa constrictor

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Edit on Daily Challenge:
    After much needed sleep I came to the realization that the daily challenge is a bit too challenging with that in mind

EDITED CHALLENGE: You must post song lyrics in at least TWO of your posts. They don't have to be italicized, as long as it is obvious they are lyrics

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    I suppose that means we won't be under pressure, pushing down on me, pressing down on you, but I kinda miss the stricter requirement.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The italics was the tricky part for me. Now that you've dropped that, Loooovin you is easy.

Dropping to just two posts in the day is definitely narrow. Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one.

I had forgotten how systemized PA has phallas. It's always interesting to watch a simple game taken to it's absolute game theories extremes.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I had forgotten how systemized PA has phallas.

???
    All in all, you're just another brick in the wall?

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    R U my fire,
    The one, desire
    Believe, when I say
    That tie break was sketchay

Tell me why,
    4 of you bandwagoned SlyM,
    Tell me why,
    all of it at the very end
    Tell me why,
    I never want to hear you say
    I want it that way

I am just a poor boy
    Though my story's seldom told
    I have squandered my resistance
    For a pocketful of mumbles
    Such are promises
    All lies and jest
    Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
    And disregards the rest

Lie la lie, lie la lie la lie la lie
    Lie la lie, lie la lie la lie la lie, la la Brody lies

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Romantic Undead yes it is he, but not as you know him
    Read my lips and come to grips with reality
    Yes, meet a blast from your past
    Whose lies were too good to last
    Say hello to your precious Romantic Undead!

So Romantic Undead turns out to be merely Rumplestiltskin.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Romantic Undead, qu'est-ce que c'est?

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
    Run run run run run run run away

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Locus quoting psycho killer has to be a sign, right?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Fuck I could have definitely fit Ace of Base in there.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I was told a million times
    Of all the troubles in my way
    Mind you grow a little wiser
    Little better every day

I was surprised Endless didn't eat the vote, but then the Vig took the shot, so that makes sense.

JPants mafia shot looks like it might be possibly to pin blame on RU since Sly got voted out over RU there at the end. If another villager died, "hey look at who they voted for". Classic redirect.

Mafia was likely hiding in one offs though, so JaysonFour

• Options
    Oh dang it bbcode.

Is it too late now to say Sorry?

JaysonFour

• Options
    Well guys, when I die green tonight, don't waste my death and please look hard at the folks that really, really pushed for my death.

Mafia fears villagers that pay attention, and like to leave inactive villagers alone to serve as chaff/cover and, most of all, they looove an easy bandwagon.

I smell your fear, Rumplestiltskin... So go ahead, kill me, but know that these fine folks will see through your schemes and you while you're trying to take me out, the good people of the world will unravel you and all you've wrought!

And when you all get shot
    And cannot carry on
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

• Options
    The RU vote does seem a little too easy like Sunday morning, that's true.

• Options
    I thought it was interesting that both the mafia and the vig went after the winners of the riddle competition last night. I just assumed that participating in the riddles wouldn't be indicative of alignment but I can see clearly now that SLyM is gone that not everyone felt the same way.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Well, at least one person was in the thread saying that they felt it would be "whoops! all mafia!" in the riddles, so the vig probably figured they'd test that theory.

I do think if we just keep murdering whoever seems to win the riddles we're like as not to just kill villagers with helpful powers, which is probably not the winning strategy.

• Options
    I don't think participating in riddles has any impact on alignment. If I had to guess, the other kill on Endless was just because they had won two games in a row as a mafia.

• Options
    But who wins the prizes from riddles, and who survives to actually use their prizes, is potentially helpful information that we should not dismiss out of hand.

• Options
    Oh and I feel I should note that, while it's true that I did survive the vote yesterday at SLyM's expense, I didn't create the bandwagon on SLyM, I only voted for him first as a carryover from last game.

If you wanna blame someone for SLyM's death, look at those that turned my vote for him into a bandwagon and are now voting for me as another easy bandwagon on day 2. Someone claims that I "started" the bandwagon on SLyM, but that's note true. The person who starts a bandwagon isn't the first person who votes the wagon victim, it's the second and third. That's why my vote's on Brody.

Cause he's a liar!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    I don't think participating in riddles has any impact on alignment. If I had to guess, the other kill on Endless was just because they had won two games in a row as a mafia.

Yeah that's a fair grudge :D

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Well, at least one person was in the thread saying that they felt it would be "whoops! all mafia!" in the riddles, so the vig probably figured they'd test that theory.

I do think if we just keep murdering whoever seems to win the riddles we're like as not to just kill villagers with helpful powers, which is probably not the winning strategy.

It's entirely possible the mafia are organised enough to have a team ready to answer all riddles as soon as possible; but they'll stuck out like a sore thumb if they do that too often. Then it will be time for sledge (sledge!), sledge-hammer.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    You know, when it was all lyrics I was gearing up to just slam out gems like dark roots of earth will see us home eventually every post without explanation, but since it's down to only two required I find myself wanting to either be pickier or to start linking to Bandcamp / Youtube as appropriate.

Or I was just going to fall back on Phalla classics like If I had a boat without citations and see if discrider picked it up. Either way.

• Options
    Is there any limit to how many times someone can win a challenge or how many prizes they can hold at once?

• Options
    Wouldn't you like to know, challenge-boy?

• Options
    yes i want every prize

not to use, just to have

• Options
    Is there any limit to how many times someone can win a challenge or how many prizes they can hold at once?

No

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Oh and I feel I should note that, while it's true that I did survive the vote yesterday at SLyM's expense, I didn't create the bandwagon on SLyM, I only voted for him first as a carryover from last game.

If you wanna blame someone for SLyM's death, look at those that turned my vote for him into a bandwagon and are now voting for me as another easy bandwagon on day 2. Someone claims that I "started" the bandwagon on SLyM, but that's note true. The person who starts a bandwagon isn't the first person who votes the wagon victim, it's the second and third. That's why my vote's on Brody.

Cause he's a liar!

So let me set the scene
    It's ten in the afternoon and 17 degrees
    The Northwest chill fall night
    Had me writing lines up and down the sheet
    It was there I spied the bloke
    Perched atop of his milk crate throne
    He eyed me off as I approached
    Then he said

I'm on smoko, so leave me alone

I actually didn't accuse you of starting the bandwagon, although I can see how it wasn't clear while woven through the hit song I Want It That Way, but I was more pointing out there was a somewhat last minute push to swing you into a tie with SLyM. Aura and premium put you 1 off, and then TehSpectre tied you with SLyM. Maybe you are a bad vote, and one/all of those three are mafia knowing they would survive a tie or something. But its not like we have a lot to go on yet, so I'm trying to do what I can with what we have available.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Do you remember, 21st night of September?
    Villagers were chasing the hive of pretenders
    While chasing Rumplestitkin and !Romantic Undead away

Voted for being a late addition to the bloc that voted out a villager.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    premium

You the mafia? (ma-ma-ma-ma-mafia-ya)
    (You do it like a mafia) Ring ding ding ding

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm still having trouble believing that someone made a song that coincidentally lines up perfect with a social deduction game.

Unless...

Find me a music video for Great Western Trail!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the Romantic Undead wagon but I also don't have a better lead at all and if they die green maybe that will give us some insight into the folks who were pushing the wagon yesterday and early today.

• Options
    Also I should be able to more or less keep the spreadsheet up to date barring a break for dinner later.

Mama feel free to throw a link to it in the player list post so that folks can find it easily!

• Options
    Wow, runaway wagon on RU.

If he comes up green, we've effectively killed a day's worth of vote records here. Bandwagoned from basically the very start.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm still having trouble believing that someone made a song that coincidentally lines up perfect with a social deduction game.

Unless...

Find me a music video for Great Western Trail!

The closest I'm coming is a music videos that shows a boardgame being played, and sometimes being in the desert with western clothes.

And no video but there's this song:

The cattle prowled and the coyotes howled
    Out on the Great Divide,
    I never done no wrong, just singing a song,
    As down the trail I ride.
    Rattle snacks rattle at the prairie dogs,
    You hear that mournful tune.
    It's roundup time away out West
    When the cactus is in bloom.

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Also I should be able to more or less keep the spreadsheet up to date barring a break for dinner later.

Mama feel free to throw a link to it in the player list post so that folks can find it easily!

It shall be done!

• Options
    Wow, runaway wagon on RU.

If he comes up green, we've effectively killed a day's worth of vote records here. Bandwagoned from basically the very start.

Not entirely I don't think. RU got enough votes yesterday that it would be plausible for mafia to push him early today since folks were already side-eyeing how the voting went down yesterday. So either RU is red and we 360 no-scoped a bad guy on day two, or RU is green and we can start thinking about early adopters of the Day 2 RU train as maybe not having our best interests at heart.

• Options
    Is there a better position in yesterday's vote order to target? It's generally my impression mafia like to late bandwagon, but I'm less aware about how the bird bird bird bird, bird is the word.