As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blades in the [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Letterkenny Quebecois all wear blue plaid and are weirdly hostile for no reason.

What do you have against blue plaid, you silly goose. You silly goose!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Quebec is not a sovereign country, it is a province of Canada therefore you are Canadian.

This is not a difficult concept for anyone other than the Québécois.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I made a self portrait i don't hate looking at.
    xus5emu1lhg2.png

Not yet 100% done but i like it a lot so far.
    Quebec is not a sovereign country, it is a province of Canada therefore you are Canadian.

This is not a difficult concept for anyone other than the Québécois.

Who's being weirdly hostile for no reason now?

• Options
    That was in response to Jean saying they were not Canadian they were Québécois

• Options
    That was in response to Jean saying they were not Canadian they were Québécois

Yeah, I know.

I think you're being weirdly hostile about that.

• Options
    Like, for one, Quebec was officially recognized as a nation within a nation by the federal government.

• Options
    Ok. Have a good night.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    It was fun joking. Relax.

zagdrob on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    ugh

I'm struggling to find something good but Deathloop has nearly no redeeming qualities other than the protagonist and antagonist being cool

it might be the worst game I've paid full price for since... fuck... duke nukem forever?

This is the absolute opposite of what I've heard from my most trusted game recommender, tell me more.

-Makes launch Cyberpunk 2077 look good by comparison, I have an overclocked ryzen 3600 with 32gb of ram and a 3070 - that wasn't cutting it so I borrowed my roommates rtx 3090/threadripper system and it still runs like dog shit (hard hiccups every 5 seconds)
    -The AI is incredibly inconsistent, on one hand, stealth isn't an option in the game because somebody's going to psychically pinpoint your location and beam the GPS coordinates to everyone else, on the other hand they will happily file one at a time through a doorway, it's okay though because ~~~
    -All the guns in the game are dogshit, don't feel good to use, and jam every 10th bullet, to prevent you from just gunning everyone down. Your guy also refuses to carry more than 2 magazines of ammunition
    -There is no reason to explore the map, the game leads to where you need to go and then you just do that, and move on. Exploring the map is pointless because *anything* you find, including super powers, goes away when you die
    -I can't see myself ever being able to beat this game - I was expecting something like Dead Rising with the loop, where I would level up during loops and I would somehow unlock things that I get to keep at the start, to make it easier each time - no such luck here. This game has an asinine system where you "send to safe house" upgrade thingies you find, that you can't use when you find them, and have to go back to home base and the use a loadout screen to equip, which advances time to go to, and you lose all this shit when the loop resets - so what's the point? Lol you really want me to explore the map to find an uncommon upgrade that reduces weapon recoil by 5% that I wont be able to use until the next 1/3rd of that day's loop and the will disappear after that, requiring me to spend 20 minutes of my life to walk back and pick it back up if I want it?
    -I was expecting metroidvaynia type deal maybe? Maybe it gets there? I'm guessing 5 hours into this game every loop will be "you must do these 47 actions IN EXACT ORDER AND WITHOUT MAKING ANY MISTAKES" before you can "start" your loop attempt, because otherwise you'll just be unupgraded asshole with no superpowers and a shitty light smg

Seriously, skip it, just play dishonored and delete your save whenever you die, it will be more satisfying, because at least the enemy AI is fun to fight and your weapons work
    Once you get to the point where you can infuse gear, you keep it from loop to loop. This includes trinkets and slabs. By the end of the game, I wasn’t gaining anything from picking up loot because I already had optimal gear starting the loop. The “tutorial” is lengthy.

Stealth is completely viable. I have done whole levels without being seen. But my load out revolves around stealth.

All guns above the “white” rarity level don’t jam.

The PC version stutters are apparently fixable. I saw some posts on Reddit for it. I played through on PS5, which is a smooth like buttah.

EDIT: You aren’t “playing it wrong” or anything. It just takes a little bit to get to the “infusion” part of the game, and that’s when the “real” game starts.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I mean I'm not very up on my Canadian history but iirc Quebec didn't exact want to be in Canada. But they weren't gonna fight a war over it when they got told "you're Canada now" and here we are.

It's not really the same thing as like when Texas or northern California talk a big game about seceding.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    gffrc2lrdoxx.png

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    I mean I'm not very up on my Canadian history but iirc Quebec didn't exact want to be in Canada. But they weren't gonna fight a war over it when they got told "you're Canada now" and here we are.

It's not really the same thing as like when Texas or northern California talk a big game about seceding.

Well that's not true. There was a war that the French lost. And there were revolts that were bloodily quelled by the English government.

To say the people of Quebec didn't fight to be recognized as a nation just isn't true.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »
    Dishes are done, man!

So glad I'm not the only one where 'dont tell mom / babysitter dead' scene is a regular in joke.

It's such a weird movie when you consider it was targeted at the youth.

Like is it Reaginite propaganda? "Young fuckup abandons circus of youth, excels and is rewarded based on merit in corporate America" or was it the only way they saw to write the movie once they established that the babysitter was very dead and they needed some dosh. Makes me think.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ugh

I'm struggling to find something good but Deathloop has nearly no redeeming qualities other than the protagonist and antagonist being cool

it might be the worst game I've paid full price for since... fuck... duke nukem forever?

This is the absolute opposite of what I've heard from my most trusted game recommender, tell me more.

-Makes launch Cyberpunk 2077 look good by comparison, I have an overclocked ryzen 3600 with 32gb of ram and a 3070 - that wasn't cutting it so I borrowed my roommates rtx 3090/threadripper system and it still runs like dog shit (hard hiccups every 5 seconds)
    -The AI is incredibly inconsistent, on one hand, stealth isn't an option in the game because somebody's going to psychically pinpoint your location and beam the GPS coordinates to everyone else, on the other hand they will happily file one at a time through a doorway, it's okay though because ~~~
    -All the guns in the game are dogshit, don't feel good to use, and jam every 10th bullet, to prevent you from just gunning everyone down. Your guy also refuses to carry more than 2 magazines of ammunition
    -There is no reason to explore the map, the game leads to where you need to go and then you just do that, and move on. Exploring the map is pointless because *anything* you find, including super powers, goes away when you die
    -I can't see myself ever being able to beat this game - I was expecting something like Dead Rising with the loop, where I would level up during loops and I would somehow unlock things that I get to keep at the start, to make it easier each time - no such luck here. This game has an asinine system where you "send to safe house" upgrade thingies you find, that you can't use when you find them, and have to go back to home base and the use a loadout screen to equip, which advances time to go to, and you lose all this shit when the loop resets - so what's the point? Lol you really want me to explore the map to find an uncommon upgrade that reduces weapon recoil by 5% that I wont be able to use until the next 1/3rd of that day's loop and the will disappear after that, requiring me to spend 20 minutes of my life to walk back and pick it back up if I want it?
    -I was expecting metroidvaynia type deal maybe? Maybe it gets there? I'm guessing 5 hours into this game every loop will be "you must do these 47 actions IN EXACT ORDER AND WITHOUT MAKING ANY MISTAKES" before you can "start" your loop attempt, because otherwise you'll just be unupgraded asshole with no superpowers and a shitty light smg

Seriously, skip it, just play dishonored and delete your save whenever you die, it will be more satisfying, because at least the enemy AI is fun to fight and your weapons work

you should finish the tutorial area of the game, you can keep stuff

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Well that's not true. There was a war that the French lost. And there were revolts that were bloodily quelled by the English government.

To say the people of Quebec didn't fight to be recognized as a nation just isn't true.

I didn't know that!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

I didn't know that!

Yeah, tha'ts why while Canada celebrate Victoria Day, Quebec celebrates Patriots' day, to remember the Patriots' revolt.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    The cats are rising up on Halloween

If you have a cat, it is staring at you, plotting against you, even now as you read this

The day of cat is upon us

Tremble at their furry

• Options
    Also, I completely missed that you get a light SMG at the start of Deathloop, so I was harvesting my weapons from the first enemies that I saw, and thought “good thing I have a machete and grenades!”. :/ It was only after I completed most of the tutorial that I saw the LIMP-10 just sitting there. Whoops.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

If you have a cat, it is staring at you, plotting against you, even now as you read this

Tremble at their furry

Simon is literally staring at me as I type this

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Tremble at their furry

b7ab5999467c0515d69ae26fea845a40.jpg

• Options
    Deathloop sounds really awesome but I am not sure I can ever bring myself to drop $60 on any game anymore.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    ugh

I find the claims that stealth is viable suspect! I'll stealth kill an enemy and they will get yeeted like an artillery shell and then the game freezes for a second and every dude on the map lights up with alarm and makes a beeline for my exact position

I wonder if this is related to the weird performance stuff

Edit: maybe about 10%? of the time I kill an enemy with the machete, it decides to just not do the melee "glory kill animation" and they instantly whip around and shoot me in the face, alarming everyone in the area, who also instantaneously lock on and open fire, about 5% of the time I get locked in a melee animation and their corpse is fired away from me in a pile of broken ragdoll physics, alerting every enemy in that direction for the entire length of the map

I seriously had a less janky experience with launch day Cyberpunk 2077

override367 on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Pixel Spoilers
    I'm not a historian. i'm not a physicist.

I'm not a leprechaun either.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    ugh

Once you get to the point where you can infuse gear, you keep it from loop to loop. This includes trinkets and slabs. By the end of the game, I wasn’t gaining anything from picking up loot because I already had optimal gear starting the loop. The “tutorial” is lengthy.

Stealth is completely viable. I have done whole levels without being seen. But my load out revolves around stealth.

All guns above the “white” rarity level don’t jam.

The PC version stutters are apparently fixable. I saw some posts on Reddit for it. I played through on PS5, which is a smooth like buttah.

EDIT: You aren’t “playing it wrong” or anything. It just takes a little bit to get to the “infusion” part of the game, and that’s when the “real” game starts.

I find the claims that stealth is viable suspect! I'll stealth kill an enemy and they will get yeeted like an artillery shell and then the game freezes for a second and every dude on the map lights up with alarm and makes a beeline for my exact position

I wonder if this is related to the weird performance stuff
    Eventually, you get an ability that allows you to vanish corpses as you kill them while invisible. It’s stupidly powerful, and not even that hard to farm out (the game tells you how to get the Slab and the Upgrades in the Arsenal Notes section).

Also, there are multiple silenced projectile weapons.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I'm not a historian. i'm not a physicist.

I'm not a leprechaun either.

dear gods, it's a historphysichaun!

• Options
    Hey spoiler that shit please.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I think I will steam refund the game and buy it again later once they patch it, since it sounds like my problems are A: Bugs, or B: fixed after the tutorial. I don't feel like going to reddit and messing with stuff to get it working

I'm old and grumpy

I reserve my tinkering and fudging to get modpacks to work in games like skyrim so I can play with the pregnancy mod and the sonic the hedgehog mod at the same time or whatever

override367 on
  • Options
  • Options
    I think I will steam refund the game and buy it again later once they patch it, since it sounds like my problems are A: Bugs, or B: fixed after the tutorial. I don't feel like going to reddit and messing with stuff to get it working

I'm old and grumpy

I reserve my tinkering and fudging to get modpacks to work in games like skyrim so I can play with the pregnancy mod and the sonic the hedgehog mod at the same time or whatever
    I think the beta patch from Bethesda is out on Steam already. It prevents Julianna invasions from online players, likely due to a version mismatch, but it solves the stuttering issues apparently.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I'm old and grumpy

I think the beta patch from Bethesda is out on Steam already. It prevents Julianna invasions from online players, likely due to a version mismatch, but it solves the stuttering issues apparently.

well I got 30 minutes left in my refund window so that sounds worth a try :D

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    They hired this new person from last night and she can only work till 11 so on the 23, 29 and 30th im expected to start an hour earlier

noooope, you need to find arrangements that are better suited for her. Im not losing my personal time like that.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm real tempted by that Framework laptop.

Seems like a cool project since I've never assembled a laptop, and having modular pieces you can swap in and out would be useful.

Also, having a laptop that isn't garbage and takes 4-6 hours to run Windows Update, during which it is effectively unusable, would be nice.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Homeless sheep grazer/forager dude is rad, and it's rad that he can do that, but I do wonder if the solo shepherd lifestyle is going to be sustainable as he gets older and less physically robust. Even neolithic peeps needed to congregate in groups of 10-20, they couldn't make it alone.

I mean, yes, he can always quit whenever he wants and just start a career as a wellness coach who gives TED talks so it's probably fine--

• Options

I'm old and grumpy

well I got 30 minutes left in my refund window so that sounds worth a try :D

@override367 Here is the Reddit post I saw for it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathloop/comments/pplqbd/bethesda_let_me_tried_a_beta_for_the_stuttering/

It’s worth a try, I think.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Seems like a cool project since I've never assembled a laptop, and having modular pieces you can swap in and out would be useful.

Also, having a laptop that isn't garbage and takes 4-6 hours to run Windows Update, during which it is effectively unusable, would be nice.

I'd buy one for the repairable philosophy and how nicely serviceable it is. I really like that aspect.

The pop-in pop-out ports are kind of a gimmick and they could have included a better loadout of fixed ports if they had skipped that idea. Maybe going 50% on it would have worked better. Like 2 port modules and 1 bank of fixed ports.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

I'd buy one for the repairable philosophy and how nicely serviceable it is. I really like that aspect.

The pop-in pop-out ports are kind of a gimmick and they could have included a better loadout of fixed ports if they had skipped that idea. Maybe going 50% on it would have worked better. Like 2 port modules and 1 bank of fixed ports.

I did find it odd the USB modules only have one port, instead of fitting two, but I imagine as time goes on and they have time to develop the product, we'll see wider arrays of modules available.

Which is another nice thing - if a new feature comes out, you can just buy the feature and slot it in to your existing laptop, instead of waiting until you're ready to replace the entire thing.

• Options
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    man my night is totally ruined cause of this stupid schedule bullshit Im so angry

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    1234 1234

Wait did the latest numbers come out

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I just took some NyQuil so hopefully I will actually sleep tonight

This discussion has been closed.