As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo] early access has ended :(, and so shall this thread

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    How does it run for lower specs? I still have a 1080.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    What do the skill trees look like? I saw a playthrough on a Barbarian and that shit looked crazy complicated. Like D2 with mastery points.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm on the main story quest right now, palling around with
    Vigo and Neyrelle inside the mine.

One of them is casting some sort of sparkly light-wall spell. Anyone have any idea what the spell does?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I was able to play just until hitting Kyovashad, where I picked up a waypoint and saw that apparently there was a waypoint back in the first little town area with the chapel? I tried running back there to where it looked like there was supposed to be a waypoint, but nothing was clickable. It kind of looked like it was snow covered but hard to tell since the visuals are so blendy in this. Did I miss something or what?

I did the exact same thing (only remembering about waypoints in Kyovashad)--I ran back to the horror town and used the map overlay to find the original waypoint (it seemed fairly obvious for me).

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Was running a Fireball sorc, but then I found a ring that restores mana everytime Chain Lightning bounces through me.

So I respec'd to chain lightning and now I murder bosses because the lightning just bounces back and forth between us restoring mana, allowing near constant casting.

Ooh, I need this.

I have one that gives a chance for CL to jump two more times.
    One that makes me do 24% more damage when I have a Barrier up.
    And one that has me do me do 10% more damage per second I stand still, up to 30%

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    And. . .I'm not sold on these world events. We are doing NO damage and everyone is getting wrecked and it's great. It's basically the open world boss fights from RIFT if you remember that game (oh man I loved that game).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    How far along do you have to be to fight the world boss? I wonder if I could be ready for the 1AM one.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I was able to play just until hitting Kyovashad, where I picked up a waypoint and saw that apparently there was a waypoint back in the first little town area with the chapel? I tried running back there to where it looked like there was supposed to be a waypoint, but nothing was clickable. It kind of looked like it was snow covered but hard to tell since the visuals are so blendy in this. Did I miss something or what?

I did the exact same thing (only remembering about waypoints in Kyovashad)--I ran back to the horror town and used the map overlay to find the original waypoint (it seemed fairly obvious for me).
    I wonder if I was bugged or something because I was mousing over everything and nothing showed as a clickable waypoint.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    damn near every MMO I've ever played has DST bugs year after year, I don't understand how it's this hard to figure out. Having said that, just get rid of the stupid time change.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How far along do you have to be to fight the world boss? I wonder if I could be ready for the 1AM one.

I tried at 14 and its nothing but one-shots. Also saw a level 9. We got her to 50% with a mix of not at all proper levels. At least you get experience.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The World Boss stuff reminds me a Guild Wars 2.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    And. . .I'm not sold on these world events. We are doing NO damage and everyone is getting wrecked and it's great. It's basically the open world boss fights from RIFT if you remember that game (oh man I loved that game).

Its for lvl 25 players and everyone wants to try it.

You can try it anytime but even at 21 Im getting one shot from everything but its alot of fun

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So the world boss was kinda fun, but I can see how a bunch of low levels showing up to it is kinda trolling. Got 8 legendaries from my kill, which feels good. I definitely died a ton during the first half or so but once I learned its telegraphs it wasn't that bad (as sorcerer, dunno how bad it is as a melee).

It's level 25, I wouldn't show up below like 23 or so, tbh.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    When i got up "queue" time was less than 1 min... "queued" time is nearing 3 hours now heh.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    When i got up "queue" time was less than 1 min... "queued" time is nearing 3 hours now heh.

Has to be a bug. I logged in like a few minutes before the World Event and got in immediately.

• Options
    I got on at around 9:30 local time (U.S. CDT) and had no queue when I logged on. Server was purring right along, and everything was great. Now... server's not so great anymore.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Didn't try a World Boss, but did a World Event in the vampire stronghold

Enemies were level 30, but we still managed. Think the players were all 25

It was pretty cool

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Really liking what I'm seeing so far. The main question is how good the endgame replayability will be. In particular I'm wondering how the seasonal model will work, and how much they'll make you redo each time. But even if it launches rough like D3 did, I think they'll keep at it with the live service model and work it out eventually (like with RoS).

• Options

Has to be a bug. I logged in like a few minutes before the World Event and got in immediately.

Heh they were telling people not to requeue too. Ty it wasnt much of a time loss because i got chores done while waiting heh

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Where does the boss spawn?

• Options
    Man...

There are some big ol' chonky boi demons down here in
    The Cradle.

These are the types of demons that I would expect to see in act 4 of D3. They don't seem to be holding back about sending the big stuff at me. Or maybe it all gets even bigger still...

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Where does the boss spawn?

Far Right of the map in the middle "The Crucible"

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular

Heh they were telling people not to requeue too. Ty it wasnt much of a time loss because i got chores done while waiting heh

Yeaaah the unfortunate stuff about open beta stuff like this is that typically doing the worst thing for the community -- spamming the login servers constantly and just staying logged in while AFK if there's no inactivity timer -- are the best ways to actually get in and playing. It works too well with entirely too many online/MMO launches, while causing greater chaos and more server problems overall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    DST = Diablo Sabotage Time

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    How does it run for lower specs? I still have a 1080.

I have a 1080 card as well and it's mostly fine and smooth but transitioning areas can be rough, though that's probably just assets loading in. Sometimes fights drop frames but usually really solid. Drivers at launch will probably solve 99%.
    Krieghund wrote: »
    What do the skill trees look like? I saw a playthrough on a Barbarian and that shit looked crazy complicated. Like D2 with mastery points.

Skill trees look way more complicated than they are. It's actually super dumbed down and each tree basically has two choices: pick one skill, pick one specialization. Sometimes you might want two skills from one node and other passives to support but deep skill building like PoE or Last Epoch this is not. My wife, who has never played an arpg before could probably put together a half decent build just by reading the descriptions.

• Options
    Fiatil wrote: »

Yeaaah the unfortunate stuff about open beta stuff like this is that typically doing the worst thing for the community -- spamming the login servers constantly and just staying logged in while AFK if there's no inactivity timer -- are the best ways to actually get in and playing. It works too well with entirely too many online/MMO launches, while causing greater chaos and more server problems overall.

Yeah that is true heh. I know I wouldn't want to try to deal with blizzard level ddos. The game is too good though. If they can keep the game somewhat fresh this will destroy everyone.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ease of use is a feature though. Like a PoE skill tree scares players away as much as invites them in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The game runs great on a GTX 1080. I had some texture pop in on cutscenes. The game goes a good job of scaling things.

I am now at level 13. I am doing side dungeons and side quests. The Act I boss seemed too tough.

If you are a Sorcerer, definitely get chain lightning. It is great for crowd control. You can spam it and kill a bunch of monsters at once.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Is there an option to have game sound continue to play when alt tabbed out of the window?

forty on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Is there an option to have game sound continue to play when alt tabbed out of the window?

Yes, enable "sound in background"

• Options
    The game does repeat bosses. I ran into two Blood Bishops so far.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    The game runs great on a GTX 1080. I had some texture pop in on cutscenes. The game goes a good job of scaling things.

I am now at level 13. I am doing side dungeons and side quests. The Act I boss seemed too tough.

If you are a Sorcerer, definitely get chain lightning. It is great for crowd control. You can spam it and kill a bunch of monsters at once.

Fire sorc seemed easy mode before I got hydras, once you get hydras it totally was easy mode.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Fire sorc seemed easy mode before I got hydras, once you get hydras it totally was easy mode.

Basically, you really need those AoE spells so you can hit a bunch of monsters at once. I was putting too much skill points in my shooting spells.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Yes, enable "sound in background"
    Thanks, found it. It's "play in background". It was in the output device section which I must have glossed right over the first time.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Basically, you really need those AoE spells so you can hit a bunch of monsters at once. I was putting too much skill points in my shooting spells.

As a fire sorc I just pumped the fire generator and fireball, and then nothing else before hydras. Take the pierce on burning enemies to basically have constant pierce on everything.

I also did a ranged rogue and a melee rogue at demo *end* game. Felt the melee one with flurry shadow imbue and twin magic felt the best but was very cooldown bursty.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Anyone else been playing rogue? I initially picked up barrage and it served me well for a while until I got a unique with penetrating shot and oh boy does that skill do some work. Got my clan request in.

I was also killed by The Butcher.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Really, the game is not quite worth the money they are asking for it. I was tempted to get the Deluxe edition, but that is $90.
    It is just more of an open world Diablo. A super sized Diablo.

I does not quite seem like as much of a spectacle as Elden Ring, but they are not the same kind of game.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    I mean elden ring and diablo are like miles apart as far as mechanics go. About the only thing they share is the open world, and even then diablo feels more destiny open world than elden ring.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    The skill system is very simple, in some ways simpler than D3. The paragon board at level 50-100 is a whole PoE style grid though.

• Options
    I have not had to wait in a queue today. Weird. I am taking a break.