As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Exodus Game 17 - Human Victory

• Options
    tosoraktosorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Pilot Brendan "Hot Dog" Costanza reporting for duty! I'm proud to say I've never returned a Viper to the hanger with even a single scratch!

@blahmcblah is up next

tosorak on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Always getting shot out of the sky and rescued eh?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2021
    All of those incidents had extenuating circumstances! If you'll look at the AAR that I've attached here: <<ERROR: Unable to authenticate security clearance of myBattlestar userID -NULL-, please try again once user is registered.>> it gives a much more complete picture of my flying history.

tosorak on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Totally normal raptor pilot, Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon reporting in.

Starting draw: 1 Piloting, 1 Leadership, 1 Engineering

@38thDoe

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Although @tosorak still needs to choose their starting draw.

• Options
    I'm going 1st so I'll get the normal full turn draw of 5 cards, instead of choosing 3 cards (2 if playing a cylon leader) during this setup step.

• Options
    tosorak wrote: »
    I'm going 1st so I'll get the normal full turn draw of 5 cards, instead of choosing 3 cards (2 if playing a cylon leader) during this setup step.

It's clearly been too long since I've played this game.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »

38thDoe

Totally normal raptor pilot, Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon only gets 2 starting cards

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

38thDoe

Totally normal raptor pilot, Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon only gets 2 starting cards

+1 for infiltrating!

I get things right sometimes.

• Options

38thDoe

+1 for infiltrating!

You start infiltrating and are entitled to draw an extra card on your turn but the setup rules are
    Cylon Leaders have a Skill set, and must draw their Skill Cards
    from within their Skill set. At the start of the game, Cylon
    Leaders draw only two Skill Cards, not three.

I don't see anything in Athena's info or the rules about starting with an extra card

• Options

38thDoe

+1 for infiltrating!

You start infiltrating and are entitled to draw an extra card on your turn but the setup rules are
    Cylon Leaders have a Skill set, and must draw their Skill Cards
    from within their Skill set. At the start of the game, Cylon
    Leaders draw only two Skill Cards, not three.

I don't see anything in Athena's info or the rules about starting with an extra card

I swear I read this at one point. Just a sec...

• Options
    It's in the Daybreak rules (pg. 8 - emphasis mine):

"Cylon Leaders have a skill set, and must draw their Skill Cards from within their set. During setup, Cylon Leaders draw two Skill Cards, not three. Note: Sharon “Athena” Agathon starts the game Infiltrating (see “Infiltrating” on page 8), so she draws three Skill Cards at the start of the game."

Definitely easy to miss, but it's there. https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/11/e5/11e5b88b-a6f7-4819-b467-e729d6486b90/bsg_daybreak_rulebook_engindd_v-3.pdf

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are we playing with Daybreak rules? I haven't read those.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Are we playing with Daybreak rules? I haven't read those.

Just for the Daybreak characters (like Athena) that players pick, I think.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So.... the Cylon Leader is a baddie, yes? Should we not just like.... throw 'em in the brig immediately?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ahh forgot she was a daybreak character

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Remembering these characters is making me want to watch season 4 that I have no functional memory of except for not being great- I shouldnt watch it right?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Remembering these characters is making me want to watch season 4 that I have no functional memory of except for not being great- I shouldnt watch it right?

It had its ups and downs. I'd probably skip the last episode though.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    So.... the Cylon Leader is a baddie, yes? Should we not just like.... throw 'em in the brig immediately?

We have our own agendas. We might actually be rooting for the fleshbags!

• Options

We have our own agendas. We might actually be rooting for the fleshbags!

Ahh, that was in the section I skipped. "I remember how to win or lose I don't need to read that" :P

I'm sure you will be a very friendly robot buddy

Steam profile
  • Options
    Did they rebalance the cylon leader decks in daybreak too? Or is it the pegasus deck of 7 player probably evil cylon leader/

Yeah you probably can just pretend it ended on Season 3.
    They didn't have a plan when they started the series and it shows. I think the problem was that they took Baltar on the base star and then had to create the final five to explain why he didn't know who they were.
    Then it just went more and more off the rails what with a permanent crew member being a ghost and other really weird really dumb stuff.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2021

Yeah you probably can just pretend it ended on Season 3.
    They didn't have a plan when they started the series and it shows. I think the problem was that they took Baltar on the base star and then had to create the final five to explain why he didn't know who they were.
    Then it just went more and more off the rails what with a permanent crew member being a ghost and other really weird really dumb stuff.

Ah, but if you do that you miss the mutiny episodes! Those are among the highlights of the whole series, for me.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Did they rebalance the cylon leader decks in daybreak too? Or is it the pegasus deck of 7 player probably evil cylon leader/

More likely evil than not, but you never know!

• Options
    There's a whole new deck of Motive cards for the Cylon Leaders in Daybreak, but I believe we're not using those.

• Options
    Correct, you will receive a normal agenda from the hostile pool. You're bound by your character-specific daybreak clarifications but no other daybreak rules are in effect

Genocide – The Cylons have won AND Both food and population are at 2 or less.
    Reduce Them to Ruins – The Cylons have won AND 4 or more Galactica and/or Pegasus locations are damaged and Morale is at 3 or lower.
    Show Their True Nature – The Cylons have won AND Either you are in the “Brig” or “Detention”, or you have been executed at least once.
    Siege Warfare – The Cylons have won AND Every resource is at half or lower (in the red).
    Grant Mercy – The humans have won AND Population, morale, or food is 2 or lower.
    Mutual Annihilation – The humans have won AND You have played a Super Crisis Card.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Admiral "Razor" Cain Ro Razer Rozer Laren

2 Green, 1 purple card please.

@discrider

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Tory Foster for the political leader I think.
    Probably 1 of each, green purple and yellow
    @Wildcat

• Options
    Is it... bad form to keep track of the cards that everyone has? In a real-time game that's not super easy necessarily, here it's trivial if your wanted to

Steam profile
  • Options
    Yes, in general we will know who had access to what colors through out the game and going more granular then that isn't very fun imo

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yes, in general we will know who had access to what colors through out the game and going more granular then that isn't very fun imo

That's what I was thinking

Steam profile
  • Options
    We also won't know what cards people submit during the crisis skill checks. So I can say I'm putting in 2 cards that will help, but only the host will know which 2 I actually submitted. But don't worry I'm totally going to turn out human, you can trust what I say!

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Callandra 'Cally' Tyrol

Drawing 2 Engineering and 1 Tactics

@kime

• Options
    @38thDoe uhhh who is "Admiral "Razor" Cain Ro Razer Rozer Laren"?

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I'm assuming it was cain
    [Military Leader] Helena Cain

discrider on
  • Options
    So we have....

Pilot - Brendan "Hot Dog" Costanza
    Cylon Leader - Sharon "Athena" Agathon
    Military - Helena Cain
    Political - Tory Foster
    Support - Cally

That means I get free reign on whatever I want!

I'll go Starbuck cause she the coolest. And 1 Leadership, 2 Tactics.

@SeGaTai

Steam profile
  • Options
    I figured going a Political limited my choices more and gave someone else more, so win-win probably

• Options
    Tory is pretty awesome as human president.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    @38thDoe uhhh who is "Admiral "Razor" Cain Ro Razer Rozer Laren"?

The same actress also played Ro Laren in Star Trek TNG. Ensign Ro.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Tory is pretty awesome as human president.

She would be - but unfortunately - I choose man of mystery -Gaius Baltar

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    2 politics 1 leadership

PSN SeGaTai